Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Nerses IV posted:

Hey man, don't get pissy with us just 'cause we don't have the fuckin' bee massacre at wounded knee on our conscience

Their little bee screams echoing in your ears...

Wounded Bee, idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

packetmantis posted:

Wounded Bee, idiot

ever heard the expression "the bees knees"?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

ever heard the expression "the bees knees"?

Not really on topic but listening to Russians say "business" is one of my favourite things. I wonder if there's a market for a YouTube channel dedicated to it?

schmug
May 20, 2007

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

This is OSHA as gently caress. Imagine having a gigantic industrial train race through the centre of your town every hour? Gee I'd hate for it to derail and potentially wipe out half the population.
Aside from that it sounds like horrible noise pollution, there are fuckin houses right along the tracks.
Shouldnt there be some kind of speed restrictions here? Are US mega-industries practicing poor health and safety to prioritise profits and minimise delays? Surely not!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ItVP2UAG2U

If you want to have some fun just google "(state) train derailment" and you'll find dozens of little reported industrial train disasters. Most news major media outlets only report passenger train derailments.
Then you got the big disasters like Lac-Megantic where 42 people were killed by a tsunami of flames when a train derailed.

just imagine that those tracks were almost undoubtedly there before that town? just imagine.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

schmug posted:

just imagine that those tracks were almost undoubtedly there before that town? just imagine.

Town was founded in 1740, so not likely.

The buildings are probably newer than that, though.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Why is it even curious? There are buildings and homes right next to train lines absolutely everywhere.

schmug
May 20, 2007

glynnenstein posted:

Town was founded in 1740, so not likely.
The buildings are probably newer than that, though.
yeah just stating that most towns were built up around the tracks, not the other way around. They incorporated a lot of places in hopes of getting a rail line to come through when we got to that point and then the towns grew.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Why is it even curious? There are buildings and homes right next to train lines absolutely everywhere.
this

Just trying to imagine the OP's logic that they must have gutted swath's of homes and buildings to put in the RR 200 years ago with no regard to to anything and now it's the railroads fault. Not saying they bare no responsibility, but jesus.

schmug fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jan 25, 2019

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Memento posted:

Thanks for reminding me.

"failed to negotiate the corner" is far more diplomatic than I would have been. Probably why I'm not writing these reports.

Be very careful fuckling out there everyone! Trucks can be so dangerous and unpredictable.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
some days you're the truckler... other days you're the fuckler.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mozi posted:

some days you're the truckler... other days you're the fuckler.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol

/in extremely Wu Tang voice

WAS HE FUCKIN OK!?

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Karma Monkey posted:

Oh God, he told us that like 300 times and made us repeat it back and there were still people who screwed it up. :byodood:

Luckily our building is well alarmed and the trucks always arrive within a few (3-5) minutes of the alarm. I would not want to leave it up to the employees to put out a fire. Don't get me started about the poo poo they do with the microwave.

They took all the fire extinguishers out of my building and replaced them with signs telling us to evacuate in the event of a fire. Guess it was cheaper than training us how to use fire extinguishers.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

MightyJoe36 posted:

They took all the fire extinguishers out of my building and replaced them with signs telling us to evacuate in the event of a fire. Guess it was cheaper than training us how to use fire extinguishers.

Depending on your location this could be illegal!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Hope there's never fire between you and an exit!

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
Hey I just read those posts about that guy complaining that a train went through the middle of the town?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXLZ8FoyBhM&t=100s

This is LaGrange, KY where trains literally run through the main thoroughfare of town. One time I was in a restaurant to the side of the tracks and a train went through, everything shook for nearly ten minutes. The ones in this video are pretty sedate, but make no mistake, these trains gently caress and barrel right through the middle of town.

Also LaGrange has one bar and it closes at midnight.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Is that the ZZ Top LaGrange?

EDIT: Nope, that's in Texas.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Would it be weird in that situation to bring your own fire extinguisher? I'm sure management would hate that.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Honestly I don't think having your own smoke detectors and extinguishers is ever a bad idea, no matter your living situation.

CO detectors too if there are any gas burning appliances

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

MightyJoe36 posted:

probably talk to your local fire marshal about that i think

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol

/in extremely Wu Tang voice

WAS HE FUCKIN OK!?

lmao

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Rad-daddio posted:

Would it be weird in that situation to bring your own fire extinguisher? I'm sure management would hate that.

I took the extra extinguisher out of my truck and had it on my desk for a while. Didn't get a second look from anyone.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Was running wire in someone's basement, above his drop-tile ceiling, and every time I touched the grid, that'd happen. He definitely miswired the fluorescent fixtures somewhere.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That's uh not how they work. In this case you should have alternate egress.

Fire extinguishers are fire prevention equipment. With socialized fire losses it's your civil duty to prevent fires so yeah the martial probably cares. But insurance companies are getting increasingly apathetic about crediting extinguishers because it's somehow literally impossible to teach people PASS and they either discharge the thing into the air or try to put out an uncontrollable fire and get trapped.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

YOURFRIEND posted:

Hey I just read those posts about that guy complaining that a train went through the middle of the town?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXLZ8FoyBhM&t=100s

This is LaGrange, KY where trains literally run through the main thoroughfare of town. One time I was in a restaurant to the side of the tracks and a train went through, everything shook for nearly ten minutes. The ones in this video are pretty sedate, but make no mistake, these trains gently caress and barrel right through the middle of town.

There's a webcam set up down the street that has captured a number of idiots who are seemingly incapable of understanding that the train is going to follow the tracks and they need to put their cars literally anywhere else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603kPUzv36M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gorkIF_sVXE

Live feed is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flL3js0z7JE

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

No truckfuckling to be seen, but p badass nonetheless.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
There is a track that runs through Newark at the University of Delaware. It's grade causes the majority of the line to be ~15 feet above the surrounding ground. Unfortunately it becomes at grade right at the point in town between the campus and all the off campus housing. Every couple of years a student gets drunk, passes out on the track, and gets squished.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/jLI5zaZ.mp4

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/Kzu1B7t.mp4

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

High speed truck fucklin’

https://i.imgur.com/2tje0Ms.gifv

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Them fucklin boys is in some real trouble this time.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I love this headline

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1088965242212605952

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

What the gently caress did they expect to happen!?!?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

A video to go viral?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Someone pointed out the other shattered glass on the yard, so it's likely being done on purpose. If I had to guess, those are probably reclaimed panes from a building re-fit or demo. Pre-shattering It probably makes it easier to scoop up and then dump into a kiln with a bucket loader, rather than if they just kept them as full-size panes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I ain't even mad. Put some electrical gel on there, slap some heatshrink or silicon tape over the top, and you've got something better than 99% of home splicing jobs.

Ever try to pull apart interleaved phonebooks?

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGh0lVDijO0

Didn't see this posted.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What a strange trick

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

MISSION: ACCOMPLISHED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There was no way that wasn’t going to end badly.