Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Volkerball posted:

Because it's loving stupid. The Saudi's have been getting their asses kicked in the US political sphere for the last several years, and their relationship is only getting worse. Even the most establishment Republicans like Rubio are openly calling them out on the Senate floor.

It's cool that we're "calling them out" while continuing to conclude multi billion dollars arms deals with them.

That's still one tiny thing in a massive laundry list of atrocities the US has done and does do. You wanna talk about fraudulent elections? The US' elections are gerrymandered disenfranchising poo poo shows, of which two of the last five presidential elections have been stolen as gently caress. Maybe the UN should invade the USA.

Volkerball posted:

Gas lines and massive national emergencies related to oil shortages are a thing of the past. The US exports more oil than it imports. It's not the 80's anymore.

Yeah I guess that means we have 0 interest in controlling the supply and price of oil on the world market then.

:downs:

There's no US economic hegemony anywhere!

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuck Boone
Feb 12, 2009

El Turpial
https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1088910884502671360

lol... the Iran-Contra guy. Everything the US touches turns to a flaming pile of trash. We live in the stupidest of all possible universes.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
god drat how is every single post moridin makes somehow worse than his previous ones

You are like a dumber, communist fishmech

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AGGGGH BEES posted:

god drat how is every single post moridin makes somehow worse than his previous ones

You are like a dumber, communist fishmech

it's not my fault you can't see the obvious truth which is:

Chuck Boone posted:

Everything the US touches turns to a flaming pile of trash.

and that it makes you angry.

Because yeah it'd be great if the USA's "kickass" army it spends all its money on such that no one can see a doctor or afford to live without worry could actually help anyone except the corporate greedlords that run everything.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Volkerball posted:

Because it's loving stupid. The Saudi's have been getting their asses kicked in the US political sphere for the last several years, and their relationship is only getting worse. Even the most establishment Republicans like Rubio are openly calling them out on the Senate floor. Gas lines and massive national emergencies related to oil shortages are a thing of the past. The US exports more oil than it imports. It's not the 80's anymore. In 20 years, if not 10, KSA will be a pariah state, and lefties will have to adapt to hyping up the kingdoms anti-imperialist cred and theorizing about regime change attempts against it. I'm not here to street preach, I'm not an expert on this subject. But it doesn't help that everyone who follows Venezuela seriously on a daily basis, to include our resident Venezuelans, get run off by a bunch of idiots who's perspectives are entirely written by how they feel, not by what they've researched, since said idiots seem to think that the borders of the entire forum for shitposting are too restrictive.

I mean, yea, any kind of consistent anti-imperialism would lead one to oppose a US coup in Saudi Arabia, or any meddling in their internal politics, if something that insane ever happened. I don’t think any decent leftists should advocate for woke interventions against every lovely dictator on the planet. How is that your example of something beyond the pale?

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Volkerball posted:

Because it's loving stupid. The Saudi's have been getting their asses kicked in the US political sphere for the last several years, and their relationship is only getting worse.

Ahahahahaha

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

did the cne ever allow the representatives elected by the indigenous people to sit or are they still not allowed to sit and indigenous people are being denied representation because they voted for the MUD?

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Moridin920 posted:

Because yeah it'd be great if the USA's "kickass" army it spends all its money on such that no one can see a doctor or afford to live without worry could actually help anyone except the corporate greedlords that run everything.

This is the thread about Venezuela. Can you cunts stop making everything about yourself? I swear American leftists are somehow even worse on this than their conservatives.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

AlexanderCA posted:

I swear American leftists are somehow even worse on this than their conservatives.

Horseshoe theory, in MY D&D??

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AlexanderCA posted:

This is the thread about Venezuela. Can you cunts stop making everything about yourself? I swear American leftists are somehow even worse on this than their conservatives.

The USA is literally asking the UN for an emergency security council meeting and ramping up rhetoric that leads to invasion but yeah it has nothing at all to do with the USA whatsoever.

Chill the out just bc I took a pot shot at the USA's military doesn't mean suddenly it's all about the USA and it would have passed by without comment until you focused on it.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 25, 2019

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Zikan posted:

did the cne ever allow the representatives elected by the indigenous people to sit or are they still not allowed to sit and indigenous people are being denied representation because they voted for the MUD?

Nope.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Chuck Boone posted:

lol... the Iran-Contra guy. Everything the US touches turns to a flaming pile of trash. We live in the stupidest of all possible universes.
:smith:

Stay safe, venegoons, and good luck. I'll throw some more cash to a charity next month, but at this point it's probably best to run.

Chuck Boone
Feb 12, 2009

El Turpial
This isn't like 2014 or 2017. I really think that the situation is unraveling pretty quick. It may be that I need to step away from all this for a bit but... yeah, it feels really different this time.

Labradoodle
Nov 24, 2011

Crax daubentoni

Chuck Boone posted:

This isn't like 2014 or 2017. I really think that the situation is unraveling pretty quick. It may be that I need to step away from all this for a bit but... yeah, it feels really different this time.

Same here. If Maduro is cut off financially, as it seems will happen, I think the situation will unravel rather fast.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Moridin920 posted:

You think the USA is gonna give your mom better food than what we give our own territories?

I think that whoever comes next will at least attempt to look like he's working for the country's benefit.

I don't see how the terrible situation in your country applies. Should we deny international help in such a desperate position? I get it that to *you* it's more important to keep the narrative of USA being evil than to actually try and make Venezuelan's life better, but forgive the rest of us that are actually human and those affected for thinking diffently.

It's amazing how you keep making the lives of millions just fodder for your own vendettas.

E- agreeing to the sentiment that this time things seem to be unraveling fast. Here's hoping that this loving nightmare 20 years in the make finds a reasonably peaceful way out.

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 25, 2019

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Moridin920 posted:

The USA is literally asking the UN for an emergency security council meeting and ramping up rhetoric that leads to invasion but yeah it has nothing at all to do with the USA whatsoever.

Chill the gently caress out just bc I took a pot shot at the USA's military doesn't mean suddenly it's all about the USA and it would have passed by without comment until you laser focused on it.

Youre whining about you're lovely excuse for a healthcare system and outsized defense budget. That's all you really do, whine whine whine.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I think that whoever comes next will at least attempt to look like he's working for the country's benefit.

Yeah you realize we're putting the dude that already did war crimes in South America in charge right?

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I don't see how the terrible situation in your country applies.

You don't see that if we don't even give a poo poo about our own we're not going to do all that much for Venezuelans?

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I get it that to *you* it's more important to keep the narrative of USA being evil than to actually try and make Venezuelan's life better, but forgive the rest of us that are actually human and those affected for thinking diffently.

It's amazing how you keep making the lives of millions just fodder for your own vendettas.

Why don't you cut it out with the inflammatory insults because they don't really lend you any credibility.

While you're at it point to one situation ever post WW2 in which US intervention ended up with a better result for the people who were subject to it. Or ever in South America period.

AlexanderCA posted:

Youre whining about you're lovely excuse for a healthcare system and outsized defense budget. That's all you really do, whine whine whine.

You're whining right now.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 25, 2019

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

AlexanderCA posted:

Nah. Just look up videos of Sovereign Citizens.

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
They don't infest discussions on the rest of the world.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

that’s pretty hosed up on the psuv’s part

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Has the Constitutional Assembly drafted any constitution yet?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

While I am sure it is very important to settle once and for all if America is bad has there been any updates on the US embassy situation? Unless my timeline is off the "deadline" for them to get out of the country should be coming up right around tomorrow's UN Security Council meeting on Venezuela (a pretty tidy overlap tbh)

Also has Guaido been heard from at all publicly since like, Wednesday?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

P-Mack posted:

I mean when would they find the time, they have a busy schedule of acting as a parallel legislature.

Labradoodle
Nov 24, 2011

Crax daubentoni

P-Mack posted:

I don't think they're even pretending they're working on it anymore. Last time I heard someone mention a timeframe, they just said the Constitutional Assembly would probably take a few years to get its work done. In the meantime they keep plenty busy rubberstamping everything Maduro wants.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

He gave a speech today from the streets of Caracas

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

thanks i'll go look that up

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Edit: Never mind.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

About that, earlier today he made a livestream with his Statements.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chuck Boone posted:

Yeah. That's bad.

Chuck Boone
Feb 12, 2009

El Turpial
The regime just held a press conference a little while ago where they showed "evidence" that Guaido met in secret with the PSUV on January 22. This is an old PSUV trick, and is used to sow discontent inside the opposition.

Anyway, here's the evidence. Minister of Communication Jorge Rodriguez said that the guy in the hoodie is Guaido:

https://twitter.com/NTN24ve/status/1088912853892059136

As you can imagine, not a lot of people are buying it. #GuaidoChallenge is now trending on Twitter, and it's people sharing images of other Guaido sightings. Examples:

https://twitter.com/rvaldesdaussa/status/1088930400880283648

https://twitter.com/jaimegudinor/status/1088930245212884992

This user jokingly suggests that the "man" in the video is actually vice president Delcy Rodriguez:

https://twitter.com/Nebrisima/status/1088930236572618752

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah. That's bad.
It's like they're trying on purpose to gently caress this up as much as possible.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah I'm gonna go with that being bad solely from this horrible piece of poo poo having anything to do with a response to a latin country.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Chuck Boone posted:

It's like they're trying on purpose to gently caress this up as much as possible.

yeah that's pretty much this admin in a nutshell

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chuck Boone posted:

If only they put someone competent at turning unfriendly nations into fast growing, slave market startups, like samantha power, john kerry, or hillary clinton.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

If only they put someone competent at turning unfriendly nations into fast growing, slave market startups, like samantha power, john kerry, or hillary clinton.

This isn’t about the US, why are you talking about US intervention, just because they dug up the evil death squad ghouls from the Reagan era?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chuck Boone posted:

Yep. Welcome to Donald Trump's America, enjoy your stay.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

We, Latin Americans, just can never have nice things, can we?

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1088829238164246528

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1088829933508534273

owns

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Tool of dictator disavows opponent, gotcha.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Hey, just a thought, what if the US intervention in Venezuela was less like Iraq and more like the Marshall Plan? Like, political pressure until Maduro fucks straight off, and then massive unconditional foreign aid until it resembles a functioning society again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It's fun to envision stuff like that but with Trump at the wheel any actual efforts will end up poorly thought through and likely end up with things worse.