Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Is this another case of "He was cooler in the books"?

Because honestly most of these characters suck, looking back

The books have a shitton more detail on stuff that actually happens in the north. Stannis sets off on a carefully managed campaign, rallies the local tribesmen and Stark loyalists and sets up a trap outside of Winterfel instead of going on a half-cocked suicide run. The Boltons are unable to get anything done because they've gathered all the northern lords in Winterfel, and their men keep getting murdered when nobody's looking because everybody's figured out that they were behind the Red Wedding, and they don't have access to fire ninjas. Jon also gets ganked for betraying the Night's Watch instead of failure to be sufficiently racist.

The showdown between Stannis and the Boltons hasn't actually happened yet, but it's pretty heavily foreshadowed that he'll live at least until the zombie army reaches Winterfel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

etalian posted:

Remember this masterpiece of trolling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XKausjR-TQ

He was great. Too bad they decided that moustache-twirling cartoon character Ramsay would make a better antagonist for the North

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
roose refused to rape, so he wasn't a bad enough guy.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Uhh where do you think Ramsay came from?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Robo Turnus posted:

roose refused to rape, so he wasn't a bad enough guy.

*Summons fantasy nerd chud. Nose bleeds.* Uhh actually since they were married and it was medieval times or equivalent it couldn't be considered rape since marital rape wasn't a thing. Sure, it was aggressive sexual assault but not rape per se

:goonsay:

Ok I'm sorry I'll take my probe

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And he had an awesome fat wife. They were much better than Murder Tits and Rapey Smug.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Is this another case of "He was cooler in the books"?

Because honestly most of these characters suck, looking back

Book Stannis is insanely better

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sansa wasn't raped.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ElGroucho posted:

I don't like that GRRM made it seem like the only bad thing about incest is that sometimes people go crazy go nuts! All the Targs should look like those hosed up Ptolemic dynasty coins from ancient Egypt

cant have uggos on my Prime Tv

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Glenn Quebec posted:

*Summons fantasy nerd chud. Nose bleeds.* Uhh actually since they were married and it was medieval times or equivalent it couldn't be considered rape since marital rape wasn't a thing. Sure, it was aggressive sexual assault but not rape per se

:goonsay:

Ok I'm sorry I'll take my probe

That was Ramsay, invincible god-king of Westeros. Roose is his dad. Who prima noctis'd Ramsay's mom.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this poo poo really needs 8 full length episodes to: everyone dies LOL?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

I hope we see Roosevelt Bolton become a zombie and bite Sansa thus fulfilling the game of thrones

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Why didn't Roose ditch big Walda and marry Sansa himself? That would have turned out much better for everyone, actually.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just hope there's a "Sansa's pregnant with Baby Bolton" plotline this season. Or that Arya stabs Sansa for taking Gendry away from her because that's totally gonna be a thing.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Arya is going to leave Winterfell to fulfill her DESTINY and kill Cersei because that's the laziest character development story arc I can think of and therefore is what will happen in the show.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Gender ran all the way back to castle black faster than any man alive he's truly super and worthy Sansa.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Who the gently caress is gendry

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

are there actual spoilers anywhere yet

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

boar guy posted:

the ending is going to suck

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Everything fades to black and then fades to a rustic cabin w/ fireplace roaring and grrm closes a book and then we zoom into his big fat smiling face

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

boar guy posted:

What do you think

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

What do you think

if i knew i wouldnt be asking. thats how you learn things, by asking, you dumbass

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
There've been a bunch of leaks that were dumb enough to be believable, but nothing confirmed. The only one I remember off-hand is someone saying there'll be scenes in the Red Keep of Cersei torturing Daenerys, and later Tyrion will tell Bronn that he's the new lord of Highgarden.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Tyrion keeps saying "whatever they offer you I'll double it" and keep pointing out the lannisters owe him a castle and it's NOT gonna be the Twins?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Probably not since that would make some sort of thematic sense

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

this except for all of the side characters people have mentioned

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

jokes posted:

Tyrion keeps saying "whatever they offer you I'll double it" and keep pointing out the lannisters owe him a castle and it's NOT gonna be the Twins?

The spoiler was for the Twins. The only ones I've found are the ones that have been posted in this thread already, but aren't confirmed (so probably bullshit).

Off the top of my head:

1. Kelly C and John have a baby who "wins" the game of thrones
2. Kelly C dies and gets poop thrown on her and is strapped to the Red Keep's walls
3. An elephant steps on some people

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

steinrokkan posted:

roberts only living bastard

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol i forgot they brought him back

i hope a giant steps on him

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Solice Kirsk posted:

The spoiler was for the Twins. The only ones I've found are the ones that have been posted in this thread already, but aren't confirmed (so probably bullshit).

2. Kelly C dies and gets poop thrown on her and is strapped to the Red Keep's walls

what, like outside them?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sure, we'll go with that. Like where they hung Ned's head is my guess. The main thing to take away from that is she gets covered in poop. Probably as a metaphor for her character progression.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sure, we'll go with that. Like where they hung Ned's head is my guess. The main thing to take away from that is she gets covered in poop. Probably as a metaphor for her character progression.

Cersei had the script the whole time...

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Milo and POTUS posted:

I thought that was Pod? Who the hell is Poddry then? Just some guy with the big dick?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

mcvey posted:

I thought that was Pod? Who the hell is Poddry then? Just some guy with the big dick?

Some squire who got attached to tyrion I guess, probably as a poo poo job (I can't remember) but tyrion is p good to those who are loyal to him and he likes so pod bangs hookers all day

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I've forgotten so much of this dumb show. I think they really hosed up by making us wait so long between seasons

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

mcvey posted:

Also he's somehow related to the tongue-less guy who choppes Ned's head off.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the only supposedly credible leak I've heard is that tyrion betrays the gang in some way and then gets executed by dragon fire

this is only "credible" in the sense that it came from some dude that the mentally ill people of r/freefolk claim has accurately leaked stuff before so who really knows

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
tv cersei is too competent. Book cersei put her crush the royal admiral, drank a whole lot, and could not understand why her dresses didn't fit anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
she firmly believes Tyrion is scurrying around inside the walls