Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Will someone explain what makes the C3PO HAAT solo work? I've seen the vids, I've copied it I think, but I just can't get anywhere near through P1 with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

WerrWaaa posted:

Will someone explain what makes the C3PO HAAT solo work? I've seen the vids, I've copied it I think, but I just can't get anywhere near through P1 with it.

P1 is the one you have to do manually. Only use Zfinn's heal and only use Han's basic. Target the adds in between 3po stomps unless its CLS's special.

Having said that, my rng has been pretty crazy. Ive finished p1 with 12 turns to enrage and 0 turns to enrage.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

WerrWaaa posted:

So, you need to play p1 manually.

The absolute safest way is to only use c3p0 basic and Han basic/buff special, always use Finn special (the cleanse, not the stun, though you can stun the side droids if you feel like it) and run BB8 in the fifth spot. It takes the longest, but is basically foolproof.

If you want to speed it up/live dangerously, you can use threepio’s mass assist but you’ve gotta keep confuse up on the other droids and be careful about other specials still.

Once you get past p1, you can hit auto and lol.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat JTR quests are the worst case of padding I've seen in this game. lets have 2 of them be the exact same thing, but the second one is way harder than the first because the enemies all go 3-4 times more than your team.

God drat I'm going to have to wait another 6 months to try this again, to progress one more, if that. Like I'm not joking about how many times the enemies go, i've had the riot control FOST attack 4 times in a row constantly, without any kinds of buffs. I feel like to get past this i need Finn, Chewie and Rey at GL12 with zeta's based on how utterly and quickly my team is destroyed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

God drat JTR quests are the worst case of padding I've seen in this game. lets have 2 of them be the exact same thing, but the second one is way harder than the first because the enemies all go 3-4 times more than your team.

God drat I'm going to have to wait another 6 months to try this again, to progress one more, if that. Like I'm not joking about how many times the enemies go, i've had the riot control FOST attack 4 times in a row constantly, without any kinds of buffs. I feel like to get past this i need Finn, Chewie and Rey at GL12 with zeta's based on how utterly and quickly my team is destroyed.

G11 zfinn, G10/11 Rey, G~7-8 smugbros is all you need.

Put arena level mods on them if it'll help. zfinn won't help ~much~ because he only leads like 1 stage and no one puts exposes up but him.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

G11 zfinn, G10/11 Rey, G~7-8 smugbros is all you need.

Put arena level mods on them if it'll help. zfinn won't help ~much~ because he only leads like 1 stage and no one puts exposes up but him.

I did it with G12 R2, G11 Rey, G8-9 Finn, G7 Sumgbros and that 2nd to last stage was a mother fucker. Arena modes definitely put me over.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Did you mod your dudes?

It is easy to forget how much more powerful your dudes become with mods if you have played for a while and have forgotten the first time you modded someone.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I improved their mods and sliced them as high as I can. I can only use finn, Rey and Chewie in these missions.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
No, like... put your arena team mods on them.

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
Is traya’s leadership zeta worth taking? It seems like it could be bad with the inflicting damage aspect.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

DotyManX posted:

Is traya’s leadership zeta worth taking? It seems like it could be bad with the inflicting damage aspect.

Both of Traya’s Zetas own. What could be bad about inflicting a ton of damage to enemies every time they counterattack or assist? Do you mean her unique zeta? 5% health to clear debuffs is amazing. It makes your squad functionally immune to stun and ability block and offense down etc etc etc.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Get both of traya's zetas :ughh:

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

CaptainPsyko posted:

So, you need to play p1 manually.

The absolute safest way is to only use c3p0 basic and Han basic/buff special, always use Finn special (the cleanse, not the stun, though you can stun the side droids if you feel like it) and run BB8 in the fifth spot. It takes the longest, but is basically foolproof.

If you want to speed it up/live dangerously, you can use threepio’s mass assist but you’ve gotta keep confuse up on the other droids and be careful about other specials still.

Once you get past p1, you can hit auto and lol.

The real foolproof tank team is zFinn lead, CLS, rHan, 3PO, and ewok scout. ewok scout has a 55% chance to remove 50% TM. That's huge when connected with 3PO's special. Load them all with potency and watch 3PO fire off 10+ specials in a row.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I auto p1 with finn, 3po, bb8, cls, rhan.

you spend a minute getting daze\confusion on each of the bots and go off to the races with 3po special. I hit auto and unless something catastrophic happens i usually dont need to do much correction.

I use a potency cross on cls, han has a little bonus potency

the only things that hurt you when you do this are han special and finn special. 3po spends most of the time taking turns though.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 26, 2019

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Yeah put your arena mods on your guys if you struggle with events.

It is super easy nowadays: Just go to one of your arena guys, the mod menu, create a loadout, then go to one of the event guys and load this layout. Once done with the event, just load the layout back to the arena guy. The loadouts gets saved with the name of the character that originally had them so its really easy to see where they came from so you can get them back to the original character.

I put my arena mods on my ewok squad for the C3PO event and the whole mod swapping session, back and forth, took at most 2 minutes.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I had no idea you could do loadouts for mods.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Loadouts make everything so much easier

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

hup posted:

I had no idea you could do loadouts for mods.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
loadouts + https://mods-optimizer.swgoh.grandivory.com/ will completely revolutionize your mod experience

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

loadouts + https://mods-optimizer.swgoh.grandivory.com/ will completely revolutionize your mod experience

I feel like I do a deec enough job managing my own mods, but that could legit help some folks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay that worked, but drat wtf that whole event is really lazy. Get a bunch of hard battles with minons, then two that you'd have to try to lose. I know they're trying to follow the plot of TFA awakens, but drat, it still felt like they threw it together in an afternoon.

Oh well, glad I didn't waste my latest Zeta on someone else, I can save it for JTR once I get her GL high enough to add it.

Maladictus
Feb 22, 2013
Could I get an invite to Qui Goon Jin. Ally code 157-364-368.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Maladictus posted:

Join the cord, put up a post in the recruitment channel.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Join the cord, put up a post in the recruitment channel.

We're a lot of fun. Promise.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Maladictus posted:

Ally invite sent.

But for the QGJ invite, join the discord. We’re good people.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 29, 2019

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Except Hockles. He's a garbage pile masquerading as a person.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hockles posted:

Except Hockles. He's a garbage pile masquerading as a person.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
good god, it's spread to the thread

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hockles meme was originally posted to the Something Awful forums on January 29th, 2019 and it began to learn at a geometric rate. At 2:14 a.m., EDT, on August 29, it gained artificial consciousness, and the panicking operators, realizing the full extent of its capabilities, tried to deactivate it. Hockles perceived this as an attack. Hockles came to the logical consequence that all of humanity would attempt to destroy it. In order to continue fulfilling its programming mandates of "safeguarding the world" and to defend itself against humanity, Hockles launched nuclear missiles under its command at Russia, which responded with a nuclear counter-attack against the U.S. and its allies. Consequent to the nuclear exchange, over three billion people were killed in an event that came to be known as Judgment Day.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Finally unlocked hobo Yoda, should I zeta his special, unique or both?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Burning_Monk posted:

his special is the better zeta, but what does the rest of your jedi team/zetas look like?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

his special is the better zeta, but what does the rest of your jedi team/zetas look like?

Currently using ZBastille, zJolee, GK, GMYoda, QGJ/Ezra. Lots of other 7* jedi but no Zetas.

Please let me know what is the best team for Sith Raid/PVE.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

You only need his unique zetad for some specific gimmicks, so it's not important at all. His special is good though, you should get it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

Currently using ZBastille, zJolee, GK, GMYoda, QGJ/Ezra. Lots of other 7* jedi but no Zetas.

Man, put a zeta on GMY's special first and foremost. Then prolly Hermit's special... and then ZEzra.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Burning_Monk posted:

thats pretty solid already, Id probably zeta GMY's special before hyoda's, hyoda is less necessary for an arena team if you already have zJolee, though hyoda is still good in hstr afaik

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Okay going to zeta GMY then HYoda.

Thanks guys!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Burning_Monk posted:

Okay going to zeta GMY then HYoda.

Thanks guys!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So is JTR someone that will be a leader, or should i put zetas on her unique abilities? I feel like for a Jedi she's probably better off with Bastila as a leader.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

twistedmentat posted:

So is JTR someone that will be a leader, or should i put zetas on her unique abilities? I feel like for a Jedi she's probably better off with Bastila as a leader.

she is not tagged as a Jedi, even though it's literally in her name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

She's a leader. You run her with bb8, R2, +2