Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeeeeahhhh, I was gonna wait until we got closer, but next week's episode will contain deceptions of sexual assault more than the usual just saying that it happened and just in general be pretty gross in a way that this series usually isn't so be safe if that's something you want to avoid

Oh nooooo.
Man, I guess I'll just turn it off if it gets too hosed up :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

So like someone hit me with some super low-grade manga spoilers here— is part 5 basically just Bruno and Miata being the main characters for the whole part or does Giorno eventually do something

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the next fight involves giorno giogio giovanna and only him

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Only the start of the fight is gross the rest is fine

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

brand engager posted:

please obliterate all manga posters since they're incapable of not posting who the next villain is

whoops, they should have said 'babyhead' instead which the show directly lists at the end

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Expect My Mom posted:

here's something that I see why they cut; there's a bit where Bruno goes for the final beatdown but Pesci just dips inside the turtle and threatens everyone, and that's when Bruno does the unzipping his arm thing to reach inside the turtle and get him out

I was disappointed that Pesci jumping into the turtle was cut, because that also means you have to drop the part where Trish is the first person to realize where he went while No.6 and Buccellati are still confused. Araki pays some lip service to the idea that Trish is stronger and more capable than she appears to be, but it's not communicated very well if the anime then goes and cuts one of the first scenes that actually demonstrates this.

Oh, and it makes Pesci look like an idiot if his entire plan requires him, a normal human being, to move faster than Sticky Fingers.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Johnny Joestar posted:

whoops, they should have said 'babyhead' instead which the show directly lists at the end

Well, to be fair, that doesn't tell you who it's going to be.

That the episode does that before the credits is something we have to ignore, I guess, because the anime itself is now being rude and posting untagged spoilers.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Daxing Dan posted:

I was disappointed that Pesci jumping into the turtle was cut, because that also means you have to drop the part where Trish is the first person to realize where he went while No.6 and Buccellati are still confused. Araki pays some lip service to the idea that Trish is stronger and more capable than she appears to be, but it's not communicated very well if the anime then goes and cuts one of the first scenes that actually demonstrates this.

Oh, and it makes Pesci look like an idiot if his entire plan requires him, a normal human being, to move faster than Sticky Fingers.
The first one is a super good point, but I think that selling that Pesci goes back to making stupid mistakes once he loses cool works well too

also from a perspective of trying to fit six chapters in 22 minutes and draw all these moving pictures, I totally condensing some events

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Man Pesci does a lot in the manga with a broken freakin' neck

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

He's not unlike Kurt Angle in that regard

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lol

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Sinners Sandwich posted:

To be fair, he had a lot of neck

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
That's what he gets for sticking his neck out.

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016
I'm not convinced there was actually a neck in there to break. Between the shape and the noises whenever Cheese Bro poked his face, I suspect what appeared to be his head was actually just a mass of cartilage.

When you think about it, it was nice of the Boss to open his gang to hosed up mutants like Pesci and Polpo. Freaks who would be ostracized elsewhere are welcome to step up and help sell drugs to children, as long as they have the strength of spirit to manifest a magic fishing rod.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

animatorZed posted:

To be fair, he had a lot of neck

Does he, though? Does he really?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

King Superman posted:

I'm not convinced there was actually a neck in there to break. Between the shape and the noises whenever Cheese Bro poked his face, I suspect what appeared to be his head was actually just a mass of cartilage.

When you think about it, it was nice of the Boss to open his gang to hosed up mutants like Pesci and Polpo. Freaks who would be ostracized elsewhere are welcome to step up and help sell drugs to children, as long as they have the strength of spirit to manifest a magic fishing rod.

Cheese is dead. That was ham.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Sockser posted:

So like someone hit me with some super low-grade manga spoilers here— is part 5 basically just Bruno and Miata being the main characters for the whole part or does Giorno eventually do something

Well, to be fair, Giorno has had three or four fights at this point? He was involved in an encounter not long ago, even if that was just "I dipped my hand in virus and now we win".

Araki is totally okay with relegating him to a more supporting role than other Jojos, though, as you've likely noticed thus far.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 27, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It has an ensemble cast

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
For those who are having trouble keeping up with the naming conventions:

Polpo - octopus
Zucchero - sugar
Sale - salt
Sorbet - frozen flavored water
Gelato - ice cream
Formaggio - cheese
Illuso - deluded, fool
Prosciutto - dry-cured ham
Pesci - fish

I get the feeling that Araki was very hungry when he came up with a lot of these characters' names.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i bet no one can guess what Melone means

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

W.T. Fits posted:

For those who are having trouble keeping up with the naming conventions:

Polpo - octopus
Zucchero - sugar
Sale - salt
Sorbet - frozen flavored water
Gelato - ice cream
Formaggio - cheese
Illuso - deluded, fool
Prosciutto - dry-cured ham
Pesci - fish

I get the feeling that Araki was very hungry when he came up with a lot of these characters' names.

Bucciariati is a corruption of buccellati which is a Sicilian cookie
Narancia is a corruption of Arancia which is Orange
Pannacotta is literally Panna Cotta which is a pudding desert
Abbachio is lamb meat
Mista means mixed and is more likely a reference to insalata mista or mixed salad

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's a little comic by a mangaka out there who visited araki for dinner and araki cooked italian for the two of them so let me tell you, the man is a fan of italian food

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Clearly Araki consulted Akira Toriyama for this part's naming convention.

Johnny Joestar posted:

there's a little comic by a mangaka out there who visited araki for dinner and araki cooked italian for the two of them so let me tell you, the man is a fan of italian food

I wish Araki would cook Italian for me. :(

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Let's Go Eat Some Italian Food!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Johnny Joestar posted:

It was Yuusei Matsui, creator of Assassination Classroom

https://imgur.com/a/iSA5N

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The best thing about that comic is how Araki's face gets brighter and brighter as it goes on until towards the end it's just a ball of light with a face

Also, Prosciutto is one of my favorite villains and I legit wish I had even 1/1000th of the fashion style he has and I get that these are the bad guys but I can't help but wish things could have gone differently for them :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waffleman_ posted:

It was Yuusei Matsui, creator of Assassination Classroom

Who is an absolute cutie, so Araki clearly has good taste in men.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In an alternate universe, Giorno joins up with the Assassination Squad and tell them about his dream to kill the boss using scrupulous methods. Pesci becomes an actually good person, Prosciutto and Co. respect Giorno when he sees he's not soft, and they decide to stop killing people for money and put their talents to better usage.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Today I realized that Prosciutto’s power might’ve been chosen because his namesake is an aged ham. Or should that be, Prosciutto was named because his power ages people?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

The_Doctor posted:

Who is an absolute cutie, so Araki clearly has good taste in men.

:monocle:

holy cow

i don't wanna sound gay or nothin but i'd cook him an italian dinner any day of the week.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 27, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

In an alternate universe, Giorno joins up with the Assassination Squad and tell them about his dream to kill the boss using scrupulous methods. Pesci becomes an actually good person, Prosciutto and Co. respect Giorno when he sees he's not soft, and they decide to stop killing people for money and put their talents to better usage.

Yeah I don't think Giorno would want to hang out with the next guy.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/KenArto/status/1089019229444071425

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RatHat posted:

Yeah I don't think Giorno would want to hang out with the next guy.

Look man, Abbacchio doesn't want to hang out with Giorno either, but in the world of gangsters, you don't get to choose. You only get to be constantly aggresive and maybe serve them pee once in a while.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Blaze Dragon posted:

Look man, Abbacchio doesn't want to hang out with Giorno either, but in the world of gangsters, you don't get to choose. You only get to be constantly aggresive and maybe serve them pee once in a while.

no you serve pee to jellyfish

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

RaspberryCommie posted:

Cheese is dead. That was ham.

My mistake. RIP Ham and Cheese.

King Superman fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 28, 2019

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Let the record show that I am guessing Trish's stand to be Rush. On the grounds that the radio is playing Rush right now. Also there was a huge footprint (handprint?) so maybe Rush's power lets... her...
turn into a dinosaur? Heck if I know.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

YggiDee posted:

Let the record show that I am guessing Trish's stand to be Rush. On the grounds that the radio is playing Rush right now. Also there was a huge footprint (handprint?) so maybe Rush's power lets... her...

That'd be a cool power.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

YggiDee posted:

Queens of the Stone Age?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Gildiss posted:

Queens of the Stone Age?

Subtitled as "Rock Women"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink