Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1088618889217363968?s=19

So what would it take to make Thielen a Seahawk? Asking for a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Benny the Snake posted:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1088618889217363968?s=19

So what would it take to make Thielen a Seahawk? Asking for a friend.

I’m sure the guy is dying to come play in the offense that threw the fewest passes of any team this year.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MakaVillian posted:

The true GOAT

your GOAT sells scammy supplement water to gullible idiots, mine gets the world high :smuggo:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m sure the guy is dying to come play in the offense that threw the fewest passes of any team this year.

And that'd be any different from taking passes from Cousins how...?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Wilson is one of the best passers in the league but listen up guy, if you want so succeed in the modern nfl you have to establish the run.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Benny the Snake posted:

And that'd be any different from taking passes from Cousins how...?

Theilen has 113 receptions on the year for 1373 yards. Tyler Lockett was Seattle’s top receiver this year with 57 receptions for 965 yards. Cousins had as many completions as Wilson had attempts, and a better completion percentage.

I’m gonna guess that the dude who makes his living catching passes wants to play for a team that throws them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Adam Thielen runs a great 7 yard curl on 3rd and 11

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Theilen has 113 receptions on the year for 1373 yards. Tyler Lockett was Seattle’s top receiver this year with 57 receptions for 965 yards. Cousins had as many completions as Wilson had attempts, and a better completion percentage.

I’m gonna guess that the dude who makes his living catching passes wants to play for a team that throws them.

I was making a joke how Cousins is a bad QB, dude. I'm fully aware that we'd need to remove Schotty in order to let Russ be Russ.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Benny the Snake posted:

I was making a joke how Cousins is a bad QB, dude. I'm fully aware that we'd need to remove Schotty in order to let Russ be Russ.

Cousins wasn’t a bad QB though? FO has him ranked 13th in passing DYAR, just two places behind Wilson at 11th, despite having a worse line and being asked to pass 50% more.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Cousins wasn’t a bad QB though? FO has him ranked 13th in passing DYAR, just two places behind Wilson at 11th, despite having a worse line and being asked to pass 50% more.

He's also bad against teams over .500

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Benny the Snake posted:

He's also bad against teams over .500

You know DYAR takes opponent strength into account right? And that “record against .500” teams is an insanely stupid metric to judge a single player by?

Cousins played much better defenses on average, with a worse offensive line and a bottom 3 run game.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cousins is also throwing to much better wrs and plays on a team where the forward pass is more than a trick play

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Metapod posted:

Cousins is also throwing to much better wrs and plays on a team where the forward pass is more than a trick play

I’m not sure I agree that his receivers are much better, but I’m also not sure what your point is. Cousins was fine this year. Not great, but he definitely wasn’t bad.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thielen and Diggs is a top 5 wr corps lol
My point is cousins sucks while Wilson is excellent

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Metapod posted:

Thielen and Diggs is a top 5 wr corps lol
My point is cousins sucks while Wilson is excellent

Nah, Mariota sucks, Cousins is alright. Not as good as Wilson, but he’s fine. Certainly not bad enough that Theilen would want to jump ship to Seattle so he can run block a bunch more.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol attacking something I love because you said a bunch of retarded things

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Metapod posted:

Lol attacking something I love because you said a bunch of retarded things

You seem confused about how to determine if QBs are good or bad, so I figured I’d help with examples.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
this qb who plays considerably worse and always loses when faced with a good team

Yeah this guy is alright

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Metapod posted:

this qb who plays considerably worse and always loses when faced with a good team

Yeah this guy is alright

What was Wilson’s record against teams above .500 this year?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Idk but I do know Wilson plays at an elite level almost every game for years against any team and cousins tops out at alright when playing bad teams

For shits and giggles I looked up their stats Wilson threw 427 passes cousins completed 425 passes Wilson threw more touchdowns lmao

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Russell Wilson is good
Kirk Cousins is just okay to bad
So is Marcus Mariota.

That should settle that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Metapod posted:

Idk but I do know Wilson plays at an elite level almost every game for years against any team and cousins tops out at alright when playing bad teams

For shits and giggles I looked up their stats Wilson threw 427 passes cousins completed 425 passes Wilson threw more touchdowns lmao

Wilson is very good but his team still went 2-5 vs teams above .500 vs Cousins 1-6 mark. Takes more than a good QB to win games against good teams. And often good teams have good defenses, against which QBs do worse.

Cousins didn’t have a single game all season as bad as Wilson’s was against Minnesota, but Seattle still comfortably won.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

And often good teams have good defenses, against which QBs do worse.

:sigh:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Sorry for triggering you.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If you think dinking and dunking to 300 yards then scoring a td or 2 in garbage time isnt horrible then I don't know what to say. Every time he faced a good defense they knew he couldn't beat him and let him do his thing knowing he wouldn't score because he sucks

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

This sounds like we're talking about Mariota still

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Russell Wilson is good
So is Marcus Mariota.

That should settle that.

:hmmyes:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Spoeank posted:

Russell Wilson is good
So is Marcus Mariota.

That should settle that.

It really does, it's kind of astounding how easily you boiled it down.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

Spoeank posted:

Russell Wilson is good
So is Marcus Mariota.

That should settle that.

Hmmmmmm....this is for Cousins

Checks out.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Spoeank posted:

Russell Wilson is good
So is Marcus Mariota.

That should settle that.
Yes it does.

On that note, Go R- Go-R Go-R Go Rams. God that was more difficult that I thought. Just deny Brady his sixth ring so I can go back to hating your team like usual. If Brady wins, though, I don't wanna hear "passing it on the one yard line" jokes every again.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Russell Wilson is more than good. He’s top 3.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Russell Wilson is more than good. He’s top 3.

He’s top five going forward, but he was definitely not in the top 3 this year and various rankings put him outside the top 10.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

King Hong Kong posted:

He’s top five going forward, but he was definitely not in the top 3 this year and various rankings put him outside the top 10.

I mean in the nebulous vacuum of just how quality we think they are.

Like Russell has Schotty and Rodgers has McCarthy, so what they actually produce on the field varies but they are incredible.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I mean in the nebulous vacuum of just how quality we think they are.

Like Russell has Schotty and Rodgers has McCarthy, so what they actually produce on the field varies but they are incredible.

A top 3 QB should be able to transcend their circumstances in the style of Manning or Rodgers. Wilson has yet to do this.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

King Hong Kong posted:

A top 3 QB should be able to transcend their circumstances in the style of Manning or Rodgers. Wilson has yet to do this.

Rogers has yet to win a second SB and it took Peyton ten years to win his second SB while his brother won two in five years. Football is a team sport and sometimes all the talent in the world can't make up for things like bad coaching or lack of weapons.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The tendency of some Seahawks fans to ignore Doug Baldwin in order to puff up Russell Wilson is always a bit surprising.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Doug Baldwin is also very good. Russell Wilson is probably top 5, maybe top 3 could possibly be argued.
But other than those 2 and Lockett, the offense was pretty meh this year and Schotty is garbage partly disguised by Wilson having a magical ability to get out of 3rd and long situations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

King Hong Kong posted:

I guess Drew Brees, Tony Romo, and Philip Rivers were never top 3 then.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Peachfart posted:

Doug Baldwin is also very good. Russell Wilson is probably top 5, maybe top 3 could possibly be argued.
But other than those 2 and Lockett, the offense was pretty meh this year and Schotty is garbage partly disguised by Wilson having a magical ability to get out of 3rd and long situations.

hey come on now, the seahawks established the run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

I didn’t mean win a Super Bowl when I said “transcend their circumstances,” I meant not be outside the top 10 in various metrics like Wilson’s 2018 season. Hence my very particular use of Manning and Rodgers as examples of this.