Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
that looks like a courier in proportions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Feeling fairly confident I've found the root cause of my regular crashes - something to do with the Autumn skin of the map really disagreed with my computer.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Yes, that thing is Dota 2

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Routine bad players are par for the course and not worth remarking on for anyone who has played dota 2 for any length of time, but I was genuinely impressed by the efficiency of one on my team.

He died a lot, sure - But he also picked NP and went Agh's first. With the way he regularly used his ult, not only was he deducting gold from our Anti-Mage by taking CS from all around the map, he was actively turning it into gold for the enemy team by feeding treants too.

I don't think he was doing it on purpose or anything, he just happened to stumble on the perfect way to maximize his value for the other team.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hello Dota keeps randomly not letting me connect to a server after I hit Accept when the queue pops, which gives me the 5 minute penalty. The same thing has happened 4 times the past 3 or so days and it's super annoying. I've played forever and this hasn't happened more than a handful of times until just now.

Is this happening to anyone else? My internet seems pretty normal.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Hello Dota keeps randomly not letting me connect to a server after I hit Accept when the queue pops, which gives me the 5 minute penalty. The same thing has happened 4 times the past 3 or so days and it's super annoying. I've played forever and this hasn't happened more than a handful of times until just now.

Is this happening to anyone else? My internet seems pretty normal.

US East and possibly SEA are broke.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

US East and possibly SEA are broke.

im from buenos aires and I say break em all

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
who is the best autochess player

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Dota Chess is cool

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah it is real good

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
No game like DOTA to make me the worst possible human and I can be and keep clicking that play button. Life stealer.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I finally nailed down the cause of my crashing and it's having loving microsoft edge open and not minimised while I'm playing.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Alchenar posted:

microsoft edge

:wtc:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Yeah I have no idea how or why but that's the common factor.

e: herp derp I use google chrome not edge. But still.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
What's y'all's strategy in autochess? I've been playing conservative with my hero buys to rush to 50g. Then I try to get 10 asap and buy up the 5 star dudes before everyone else. I've been thinking about being looser with my gold to buy out combos others are neglecting to try and sustain a win streak.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
I just had the sickest game of autochess

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Does anyone still play dota2 or we all chess now? I recalibrated and somehow got worse, what's the meta meant to be? Had advice from Immortal players that ranges from "you can support to immortal" to "never go support lmao go pos 3".

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

winegums posted:

Does anyone still play dota2 or we all chess now? I recalibrated and somehow got worse, what's the meta meant to be? Had advice from Immortal players that ranges from "you can support to immortal" to "never go support lmao go pos 3".

We can't all go pos 3 OP.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Boatswain posted:

We can't all go pos 3 OP.

Not with that attitude, we can't.

"Get whatever farm you can, gently caress everyone else, never buy wards" is p much everyone pos 3, right?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
This is probably the closest I'll ever get to a Maelk Award

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

http://www.dota2.com/patches/7.21b

Nerfed Visage :(

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

It is loving time to institute a surrender option. What the hell am I supposed to do when

>nobody highlights anything except one safelaner marks on map
>I highlight Ogre supp
>Guy highlights CM 4 so I switch to Warlock
>He switches to DP mid and we then get Clinkz, Spectre, and Jugger
>Our zero stun 4 carry lineup gets rolled anda the Spect/Clinkz offlane is mad because I didn't "rotate". To do what? Cast a shadow word?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I've played one game in like a month and in that game I had to fight my support Pudge for last hits as a Weaver so that he could rush a blink instead of buying a single ward.

There just isn't a point

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

schmitty9800 posted:

It is loving time to institute a surrender option. What the hell am I supposed to do when

>I highlight Ogre supp
>Our zero stun 4 carry lineup gets rolled anda the Spect/Clinkz offlane is mad because I didn't "rotate". To do what? Cast a shadow word?

And you think those 4 people would surrender?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

You're supposed to requeue and hope there are more dopes on the enemy team >50% of the time.

time for a joke
Apr 30, 2004

did you guys know that you can queue for ranked roles with dota+

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

schmitty9800 posted:

>I highlight Ogre supp

abandon the game, ideally forever

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Wangsbig posted:

abandon the game, ideally forever

but they just buffed techies

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

New hero, new thread?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mars looks neat

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Dendi (assuming the uploader isn't full of it) playing Mars mid. His combo looks very satisfying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6XNzrhyrJY

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Mars has an absurdly high chance of being banned for some reason, like Valve forgot to add him to some default hero list and the ban just automatically goes through if someone nominates him instead of a random chance.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

TOOT BOOT posted:

Mars has an absurdly high chance of being banned for some reason, like Valve forgot to add him to some default hero list and the ban just automatically goes through if someone nominates him instead of a random chance.

This happened a lot with Monkey King when he first got released, and just anecdotally a few friends have said the same thing about Mars as well. I had a huge win streak as MK and only really lost games when I wasn't able to first-pick him because he got banned, which happened most of the time when he got actually nominated for it.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

schmitty9800 posted:

>I highlight Ogre supp

Just play 12 v 12 imho

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Is there something weird going on right now? We're trying to do an All Pick queue, and in the past 20 minutes we've had 4 games pop, and someone abandoned every time before we finish picking. Normally I feel like I see an abandon like this maybe once a year. This is 4 times in one night.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Chainclaw posted:

Is there something weird going on right now? We're trying to do an All Pick queue, and in the past 20 minutes we've had 4 games pop, and someone abandoned every time before we finish picking. Normally I feel like I see an abandon like this maybe once a year. This is 4 times in one night.

steam was fucky earlier but idk if its causing any current problems - alternatively mars got banned or picked

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Kild posted:

steam was fucky earlier but idk if its causing any current problems - alternatively mars got banned or picked

I'm going to guess it's both of those + Drow. Although the game that finally happened, Mars was banned.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Dark Willow Ult + Mars ult is ridiculous. You just run into the wall of the arena over and over taking 250 damage each time.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

Dark Willow Ult + Mars ult is ridiculous. You just run into the wall of the arena over and over taking 250 damage each time.

will o wisp just outside the walls too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I assume LD fear? I've seen LC duels across the wall, too.