Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I wonder if it was recorded on video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Hmm, I look at the mbmbam reddit and found someone that says they went to podcon

https://www.reddit.com/r/MBMBAM/comments/air98k/mbmbam_443_face_2_face_apple_time/eeq3r7t/

quote:

Haven't listened yet, but I was at PodCon. Some of the live questions were real stinkaroonies.

quote:

I think the worst one was someone asking Justin if he still thinks about the Mickey Mouse mailbox from the Denver live show. That was their whole question. I think they wanted credit for going to multiple live shows in a short span of time?

There were some other ones where it was obvious the brothers were not entertained, including one where someone wanted advice on how to get out of changing their name because they got too many twitch subscribers. Haven't listened to the actually released ep yet so not sure what did or didn't make it in.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What happened to them prescreening the questions and having the audience email them as the entered so they could select during bathroom break?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

What happened to them prescreening the questions and having the audience email them as the entered so they could select during bathroom break?

As mentioned last page, they couldn't do that this time.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

kidcoelacanth posted:

I thought the live bits that made it into the episode were pretty good vOv

I agree. The sexual powerpoint bit was a hoot.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

I thought the live bits that made it into the episode were pretty good vOv

:same: I was laughing my rear end off. Always glad to get a Riddle Me Piss. Grateful that they cut out the bad parts and replaced them with good, non-live bits though. The boys are so good to their listeners.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ariong posted:

I agree. The sexual powerpoint bit was a hoot.

Yea I'm glad they cut the bad stuff but the stuff they kept was solid.

"You ever watch Hank and John make a podcast and go drat?"

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, are you guys high? That was a great episode! Everything that made it in the recording was good.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

A Moose posted:

Yeah, are you guys high? That was a great episode! Everything that made it in the recording was good.

There's people in this thread who really dislike live taz/mbmbam eps no matter what, and there are similarly people who can't get enough of them

I've never understood it.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

There was absolutely a weird energy to this ep that you rarely get from their live shows, but its made up for by Travis being on fire ("its what's on the inside that counts" was incredible)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

There's people in this thread who really dislike live taz/mbmbam eps no matter what, and there are similarly people who can't get enough of them

I've never understood it.

Nah, I usually like live shows, especially now with the audience screening, it's really worked out for them. It's not just about hating it for the sake of hating it.

This one just felt weird and awkward and they just kinda abandoned bits without really finishing them or seeming like they were even enjoying them all that much, nevermind that the audience felt pretty dead. The haunted doll watch especially felt like Griffin was staggering along with the Riddle Me Piss and then there was a moment of awkward silence before the beeping alert came in.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Any first hand accounts?

I was at the Podcon and it was fantastic. I haven’t listened to many episodes yet so I’d believe other live shows have been better, but it was a great time. Agreed some questions were duds, but they moved past those quickly. The event was in a hall at the convention center where I’ve seen Christopher Lloyd struggle to talk, Ron Perlman get mad after being asked how many video games he plays by three people in a row, or Penny Arcade hosts being asked to google Ron Paul, so this was top tier compared to all that.

Sawbones live was also great.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Asiina posted:

The haunted doll watch especially felt like Griffin was staggering along with the Riddle Me Piss and then there was a moment of awkward silence before the beeping alert came in.

I thought that was the joke??

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I finally got to listen to it this afternoon and thought it was pretty good. Riddle me Piss into Doll Watch was abrupt but I thought it was edited that way

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Also I'm not sure but it felt like there was a lot of weird editing that had to be done for the live section. People's intonation and background noise changing every two sentences at the drop of a hat that made it obvious that some weird poo poo was going on.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

They had to edit out the part where Travis just straight up capped a dude in the audience. It was pretty weird

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
The escape room bit had me crying with laughter

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

kidcoelacanth posted:

They had to edit out the part where Travis just straight up capped a dude in the audience. It was pretty weird

more details

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Travis, known murderer,

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Audience member: [makes gross comment]

Travis:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah holy poo poo, I don’t think I can finish the live part of this episode. I think the problem is that the audience just sucked, and it’s clear that the tepid reception threw the boys off. There’s a LOT of cutting and editing going on that makes me wonder if the audience was just misbehaving or being real lovely or something, cause I can’t imagine that people who paid money to go see MBMBAM would be this uninterested.

Given what I’ve heard about the audience questions, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were all just terrible people.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Griffin is on the latest episode of Punch Up The Jam and they are doing "Send Me On My Way" by Rusted Root.

I hope it's good!

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah holy poo poo, I don’t think I can finish the live part of this episode. I think the problem is that the audience just sucked, and it’s clear that the tepid reception threw the boys off. There’s a LOT of cutting and editing going on that makes me wonder if the audience was just misbehaving or being real lovely or something, cause I can’t imagine that people who paid money to go see MBMBAM would be this uninterested.

Given what I’ve heard about the audience questions, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were all just terrible people.

they clearly don't know how to use bathrooms, so I think 'terrible people' is a good justification.

I'm surprised they didn't have an old live episode in the tank to use instead of the podcon one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We got new TAZ.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

We got new TAZ.

New monster introductions are always a good reminder that Griffin's surprisingly good with horror

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I'm impressed that duck can somehow be even worse at lying!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
First Tomba reference of 2019. Hells yeah.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Inzombiac posted:

Griffin is on the latest episode of Punch Up The Jam and they are doing "Send Me On My Way" by Rusted Root.

I hope it's good!

oh my god

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Justin keeps accentuating that Duck is like the only normal dude now, but isn't Clint's character just a con man with a magic gun?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Justin keeps accentuating that Duck is like the only normal dude now, but isn't Clint's character just a con man with a magic gun?

I mean

he's a con man who stole George Clooney's Oscar and has a nerf gun with a life draining beam

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I hope it's good!

I was a great episode, albeit a little rushed feeling. Griffin seemed like he understood what the point of the show is, unlike a few of their other guests. I'm hoping they can get at least one of the brothers in the studio with them so they don't have to worry about keeping in a time slot.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Ned has an actual character class that has skills and can function as a face.

Duck is literally just a forest ranger that used to be magic. He went from being Buffy to just lovely season 1 Xander.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
xander is in fact one of the prime examples given in the sourcebook for that character type, too (I forget if it's outright mentioned in the podcast)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I mean

he's a con man who stole George Clooney's Oscar and has a nerf gun with a life draining beam

And has a different ridiculous vehicle every week these days, though that may be more Clint McElroy's superpower than Ned's.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

there are few things I love more than griffin playing a rube

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Basically Ned is "normal" in the same way Batman is. Sure he's not flying around (except when he has a jetpack) and shooting lasers (except when he has his laser gun) but he has access to a skillset and resources that no regular human being would.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I'm a little bothered by the fact that Clint was playing Ned as a loveable coward already. Duck becoming a coward is interesting on its own, but seems redundant in context. It's not really a big issue for me overall, though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I'm a little bothered by the fact that Clint was playing Ned as a loveable coward already. Duck becoming a coward is interesting on its own, but seems redundant in context. It's not really a big issue for me overall, though.

Doesn't really seem like Duck is cowardly now, so much as he now has absolutely no self-confidence in any way, to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Losing a magic sword and impenetrable skin, and still continuing to go fight monsters is pretty brave imo