Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1089369660796088320

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Push El Burrito posted:

Those weren't special effects Michael Jackson was really a shapechanger and he turned himself into panthers all the time.

If that were true he'd have turned himself into Elizabeth Taylor and called it quits instead of becoming a plastic surgery nightmare. :(

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Noted due process advocate Joseph Stalin

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Listen, I know people hate it when bill mitchell is posted in this thread but I can't stop loving laughing at this tweet

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1089336108842999808

USPOL: Trump's Intuitive Mind is a Supercomputer

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuZeff2y32M

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

KillHour posted:

A huge portion of antivaxxers are liberals. Turns out idiocy doesn't have a political bias the way evilness does.

Though it's still notable that there have been shifts there. Traditionally antivaxxers were about half right-wingers and half left-wingers, but as of a couple years ago it was more 60/40 conservative. I don't know if it's moved further since.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Grapplejack posted:

Listen, I know people hate it when bill mitchell is posted in this thread but I can't stop loving laughing at this tweet

His brain is a stupid computer

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

At first I thought Bill Mitchell was just a performance artist/grifter but he truly believes everything he tweets doesn’t he?

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Killer robot posted:

Though it's still notable that there have been shifts there. Traditionally antivaxxers were about half right-wingers and half left-wingers, but as of a couple years ago it was more 60/40 conservative. I don't know if it's moved further since.

In my experience (god those have been frustrating conversations) the split is more along the lines of *why* they're anti-vax. Like the liberals seem more inclined to be on the "too many at once" train while conservatives are more on the "it causes autism full stop" train. They're both loving wrong, and the outcome is just as dangerous. The guy who came up with the whole "too many at once" has admitted, on video, that it is a theory he made up that isn't supported by any study.

God the whole thing just makes me so angry. A big part of the reason most families don't need 8 children these days is because you don't need spares.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I hope Bill wiped off his chin after that tweet. Good lord.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Grapplejack posted:

:lol:

Holy poo poo Bill

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Who's dumber? Trump, or the people who think Trump is smart?

Because there's a tiny, nonzero chance something may be wrong with Trump's brain. But anyone who listens to him speak and observes his actions and still thinks he's a smart man is one stupid motherfucker.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Grapplejack posted:

run hamberder.exe

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

At least some of the people who constantly kiss Trump's rear end are angling for a pardon or grifting

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I find it hard to believe that Bill Mitchell is actually a real person.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Grapplejack posted:

Trump's mind is a punch card supercomputer, left to rot in a flooded basement since the 1980s and its last functioning vacuum tube flickers a repeating racist screed.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I find it hard to believe that Bill Mitchell is actually a real person.

I feel the same about Jacobs Dad. Still not entirely convinced Jacob didn't just bud off a fungi growth off of Trumps fat folds.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Imagine the life Bill Mitchell must have lead to one day wake up and honestly think that Donald Trump is an extremely smart man.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Grapplejack posted:

If this is the thread title tomorrow morning I'll donate 20 bucks to RAICES.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Your Taint posted:

Imagine the life Bill Mitchell must have lead to one day wake up and honestly think that Donald Trump is an extremely smart man.

He's basically the platonic idea of brain-wormed Boomer

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1089178034949754890

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

hiddenmovement posted:

Yeah I'm not arguing against that, I'm just saying that the original poster may not understand that because of his life experiences and maybe we shouldn't pile on them

I appreciate that. Thank you. I know I have different opinions than most. Each of our life experiences obviously influences how we see the world. But thanks for not going straight to mocking me.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

KillHour posted:

You have a really bad habit of trying to use absolute numbers instead of per-capita. Lumping Asians in with Whites economically is standard practice in sociology (source - someone with a master's degree in sociology who wrote their thesis on immigration and racial integration). Regardless, here's one last piece of statistics - 13% of Queens residents live below the poverty line. 27% of Niagara Falls residents do. The median household income in Niagara Falls is less than half of the median in Queens. Tell me again which area has more poverty.

Edit: One more - of the ~11,000 residents in Niagara Falls who identify as black, roughly 5000 of them live below the poverty line. That's a nearly 50% poverty rate. That's completely insane.
Dude, you had a very small nitpick of my original post that you refuted by badly interpreting the data in the link that you posted. Unless I missed something, I don't see per capita poverty rates amongst Asians and Whites like you originally claimed, but feel free to point it out. It lists the percentage of Queens residents living in poverty and then breaks that number down by race.

But at the end of the day, dude, you're cherry picking data to begin with. NYC has a poverty rate of 20% compared to New York State's 16%. While there is assuredly more overall wealth in New York City there is not only more poverty per capita, but in absolute numbers, much more actual poor people to care for.

My actual point was that comparing Queens and Niagra Falls are apples and oranges because Queens encompasses Jamaica and Forest Hills. These two neighborhoods both have equal to or greater than the population of Niagra Falls and are both wildly different from one another.

But your original point is that the state should not invest in New York City public transit because New York City is wealthy. Brownsville, Brooklyn has a similar population to Niagra, 40% poverty rate, and homes that cost five times the prices of average homes in Niagra. The problem with dismissing NEW YORK CITY as the wealthiest part of the state is you're dismissing places that have it really bad that are literally the same size of the place you're supposedly championing.

I'm not arguing that Niagra Falls shouldn't get support dude. You are arguing that the state shouldn't help the folks in Brownsville get improvements to the public transportation that they rely on because they're apart of New York and therefore wealthy.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

This is perfect, because despite what the text is claiming, trump really is trying to sail straight ahead and thusly is ending up going backwards.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Happy page of hindsight.

ZypherIM posted:

This is perfect, because despite what the text is claiming, trump really is trying to sail straight ahead and thusly is ending up going backwards.
Pretty much. Has anyone seen donny on an actual boat by the way?

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

You can also tell he is in a boat because its sinking.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Cable Guy posted:

Happy page of hindsight.

Pretty much. Has anyone seen donny on an actual boat by the way?

Supposedly he had bought a yacht, was on it when it sailed to port, and was so terrified he never went out on it again.

Not sure how true that is, but it was a story going around during election season.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Timeless Appeal posted:

With that said, look at a map of Asian population density in NYC before we start dipping into Asian people are just unofficial white people.

And before we get into the "unofficial white people" argument, people may want to consider that APAs have the highest levels of poverty in New York City.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/asian-american-poverty-nyc_us_58ff7f40e4b0c46f0782a5b6

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
thats an insult to sinking boats because they can become reefs and be a net good to the ocean environ.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

TVs Ian posted:

Supposedly he had bought a yacht, was on it when it sailed to port, and was so terrified he never went out on it again.

Not sure how true that is, but it was a story going around during election season.

I don’t care if it’s actually true, I’m going to my grave believing this.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Didn’t Fred Trump famously wear a full suit to the beach?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Bill Mitchell doesn't understand set and drift.

I'm shocked.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Enjoy the measles, you dumb shitlord.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Bill Mitchell doesn't understand set and drift.

I'm shocked.

Or irons. Or politics.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

KickerOfMice posted:

Enjoy the measles, you dumb shitlord.

Threatening to infect another poster with measles. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Calibanibal posted:

Threatening to infect another poster with measles. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

Hey, they did it to themselves. Also the rest of us.

I'll infect you SO HARD.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

KickerOfMice posted:

Hey, they did it to themselves. Also the rest of us.

I'll infect you SO HARD.

:lol: that came out a little more closeted republican than I expected.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I can work up an effortpost on the antivax movement, it’s politics and it’s underpinnings sometime tomorrow if there’s still interest. Do recall that there is a Trump tweet for this topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Grapplejack posted:

USPOL: Trump's Intuitive Mind is a Super-computer

FTFY, for certain values of "fixed"