Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ty for sharing your heretic ways everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
~Bless U~

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

all hail the papacy

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

gently caress you, hail Satan

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I had a bunch of very good friends who were Catholic and Lutheran, almost all girls. Catholic dudes were the worst. Most of my dude-friends were Lutherans or Methodists. This is not some dumbass catholic girl sexy gloat; they were just really chill and fun girls to hang out with. Evangelical dudes (legal adults) sometimes swarmed in to try to gently caress middle or high-school kids in my town while acting as advertisers for dumb revival shows where 300 evangelicals show up and pretend they got saved that night and thus they saved 300 out of 304 people that showed up.

I say this not as an a-religious edgelord, but as a person who tried very earnestly to get into the religion back in the day and was raised in it as a child and read entirely too many verses before giving up.

My general feeling is still that Jesus had some great ideas, but that the important messages got terribly lost and/or perverted.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Guacamayo posted:

How worried should we be about the Pompeo/Trump has designating Elliot Abrams to handle the situation in Venezuela??

Very very very.

Maduro is very very bad and the Venezuelan opposition is better, but Abrams is from the Iran-Contra school of diplomacy so at best he'll make things no better than they are now.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 27, 2019

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Am I the only Mexican Pentecostal raised heretic here?

loving hate that depressing church. The pasture molested a bunch of girls in the hottub used for baptism. Most depressing funerals and service in general to attend. It's all hellfire and brimstone.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I was raid southern "you're going to hell-ah!" Baptist in Texas. Middle school science class cured me of that. And the military.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m gonna get into that Santa Muerta poo poo. Maybe get some sick tats like Mr. Cool Ice.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Fallom posted:

I’m gonna get into that Santa Muerta poo poo. Maybe get some sick tats like Mr. Cool Ice.

I already know I’m never going to be as cool as Mr. Cool Ice

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
up the bum no baby has never seen the lost boys

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

mods changed my name posted:

up the bum no baby has never seen the lost boys

Do we even know where the Roger Stone buried them?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was raised Methodist but stopped believing when I was 18 (in an actual moment, which I can still vividly remember *and* describe), but my family stopped going to church while I was still in grade school.

For them it's still a very "we believe but don't need to go to a building on a schedule to prove it" thing, except for my grandparents on my father's side who are very active in a Baptist church (which has always been their denomination).

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I pray to the Road God. All hail Traffikus, the god of Street and Strip. The lord of the traffic lane and High Octane. Blessed be he who keeps the trackday holy. Take heed nonbelievers, for those who disobey his signs and ignore the traffic light of the lord shall be dealt with most harshly by his priestly police, and held in judgement at traffic court. Traffikus the most gracious, he who has decreed that we may turn right on red, we beg thee to allow us to merge safely from the onramp and do not lead us to run out of fuel, for we are but passengers in the chariot of a roadraging god.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

As Nero Danced posted:

Traffikus the most gracious, he who has decreed that we may turn right on red

If Traffikus is so powerful, why can't I turn right on red in Europe? Or New York?

Wake up, sheeple!! No gods, no masters, hail satan.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

God is good but the fan club kind of sucks.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
By my deeds I honor Him

V8

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Lifelong atheist checking in. It's cool when people use faith as a foundation for living a good life, though.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Arc Light posted:

If Traffikus is so powerful, why can't I turn right on red in Europe? Or New York?

Wake up, sheeple!! No gods, no masters, hail satan.

There's no right on red in NY? No wonder the Republicans are so far ahead politically.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Was raised ELCA Lutheran. Not a bad way to go if you're going to believe in god. Mostly it was about being a good person and I never heard anything condemning other people's beliefs. We visited the synagogue, the local Muslims who didn't have a mosque yet visited us. Now the pastor is retired, protested Trump when he came to town, and writes letters to the editor about how "Love your neighbor" includes people who don't look like you.

Anyway. Once you find out Santa isn't real it's not much of a stretch to figure god doesn't exist either. I had doubts from an early age and by age 16 was fully convinced that god wasn't real.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I was baptised Catholic but raised more or less agnostic except for a couple years at a protestant Christian grade school. I feel like I got the luck of the draw.

Basically I don't think God exists but if He does I assume He likes a bit of ceremony in His churches.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
my name is Damien and I have long loved our dark Prince Satan

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hi Damien

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I'm Presbyterian so church was just Sunday morning Country Club

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
My only faith is in our Supreme God-Emperor President Donald J. Trump!!!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Sorry, brother/cousin/uncle/dad got my account :(

I was raised Methodist, basically in a pretty morally-good religion/church where they actually ran food banks and stuff. As a kid, I got sick of going to church on Sundays as I didn't want to wake up early, nor be pulled away from video games. Eventually, I just decided that the whole faith thing was bullshit and I had enough of people claiming I was a lovely person for not having a faith. Same sort of thing that pissed me off during the Iraq War when I was indirectly told that I was an unamerican commie pinko for not believing in the bullshit justifications.

So gently caress them, I'll just be a good person without their guidance. Good insurance policy if I happen to be wrong about the afterlife :v:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I went to a unity church and they said namaste instead of amen, and about everything else you might assume based on that is probably true but I stopped going ages ago.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I deal with a lot of the "the Christian God is the only moral compass anyone has and if they ain't Christian then they ain't moral" types of people here in Southern IL and it gets incredibly annoying

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

My mom tried to raise me Christian but I was agnostic most my life.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Iran Contra af. At least he has the relevant experience :suicide:

I'm no fan of Maduro and it's a good thing that we, along with most of Latin America, have recognized Guaidó as the legitimate leader of Venezuela. Boots on the ground is obviously a terrible idea of course that will make everything a million times worse.

Lol just lol if you dont think we'll have dudes there within the next few months.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I'm Presbyterian so church was just Sunday morning Country Club

My Presbyterian church taught me to be an atheist the nice way, by heavily emphasizing that people could be good or bad no matter what religion they kept.

Thank you Pastor Kraus, and good luck with those declining demographics!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I went to church once when I was 5 and never again unless it was something for family/friends (marriage etc). Never really had any kind of religion pushed on me and I honestly can't really even pretend I believe in any kind of god.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
On topic:

https://twitter.com/Pontifex/status...ingawful.com%2F

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Blood for Odin.

Because if I'm gonna play Pascal's wager I'm gonna play it with beer, fatty pork and big tiddy valkyries until the end of days as the prize.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1089336108842999808?s=21

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The Emperor has no Alzheimer's

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Please don’t post Bill Mitchell in this thread unless he’s an actual current event.

He’s less newsworthy than Jacob Wohl at this point.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Nominally Lutheran, but never went to church because dad usually had to work Saturdays so Sunday was his only day off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

sharknado slashfic posted:

There's no right on red in NY? No wonder the Republicans are so far ahead politically.

Right on red is the default unless marked otherwise.