Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
And I've given up on Kingdom Hearts 1 again, it's just not worth dealing with all the grinding, especially since Sora and the others are all made out of loving cardboard

So I'm probably just going to skip right to 3D cause gently caress dealing with the bullshit in either CoM or 2, and BBS just did not grab me at all from a gameplay angle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm gonna play KH3 on Proud because I didn't come all this way to play it on loving Standard difficulty

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Similarly, I didn't come all this way to suffer through it on Proud.

Djimma
Aug 4, 2017
Now available to pre-load! :)

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Djimma posted:

Now available to pre-load! :)

I've been preloaded since December!

I'm looking forward to a game taking forever to come out and actually being good for once.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Looking forward to the series wrapping up as KH3 is supposedly the 'last' in this current saga.

Which of course means a few years down the line we'll get a reboot except this time instead of Disney Characters and Final Fantasy it's a mixture of the Looney Tunes and Dragon Quest.

They would clearly go to Dreamworks if they stopped using Disney characters.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I haven't watched them yet, so no idea how good they are, but…

Also, I'm not sure if this counts as spoilers? I don't know if they're the ones from the game, or made just made for this.

https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1089493472711602177

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I have no money for a PS4, so my only way to experience this game is going to be an lp.

It’s going to take forever to find one I like.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

I have no money for a PS4, so my only way to experience this game is going to be an lp.

It’s going to take forever to find one I like.

Good luck!

https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1088959974451990529

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

drrockso20 posted:

So what's a good place to grind levels and materials in the late game for Kingdom Hearts 1, decided to return to my file where I had gotten stalled out by the fights against Ansem, part of the problem I've had is that almost anything that hits me or any of my party members is taking off at least a quarter of our health, I'm level 53 by the way

Also Hades Cup Cerberus is an rear end in a top hat

Summon bambi and go to town, every heartless you kill fills up a bar until it drops you extra materials. If your playing fm you will have to look up a guide about the rare heartless because they all drop the rare materials.

If you want to just lvl up fast you need to beat the final hades cup with 50 rounds so you can just fight the rock golem over and over.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 27, 2019

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
:lol: at the Best Buy ad only showing the XBox version, because I seriously forgot it was even coming to that system.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

I haven't watched them yet, so no idea how good they are, but…

Also, I'm not sure if this counts as spoilers? I don't know if they're the ones from the game, or made just made for this.

https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/status/1089493472711602177

They're decent if you've played the games in the past, I guess? The KH1 one for instance is just "here's sora and pals, darkness happened, met donald and goofy, stuff happened, fought ansem".

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Years later and Rinzer is still a bad boss fight. I just love having half my actions get cancel out due to his quick attacks. And leaf bracer still 200 LP away so I get it cancel out too.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh man. Tomorrow I'm off work so I'm going to spend a few hours playing 2.8 and preloading Kingdom bloody Hearts III

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Rirse posted:

Years later and Rinzer is still a bad boss fight. I just love having half my actions get cancel out due to his quick attacks. And leaf bracer still 200 LP away so I get it cancel out too.

Yeah I just fought him last night and he sucks. Reversing gravity is a pretty common video game thing but usually the controls make still make sense, I'm pretty sure I ate 3 or 4 deaths on him by running directly at him when I meant to get away to heal.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rirse posted:

Messing around with the player's controls is almost always a bad idea but I seriously think "left and right stay the same but forward and backward are reversed" might be one of the worst examples I've seen.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah the gravity plus fighting when your still unlocking useful stuff like leaf bracer really makes him more hard then he should at this point. I would say the Clayton of the game, but at least you have healing at this point compared to KH1.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
If you have balloon you can just run around and then summon balloons to hope he runs into them.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tenzarin posted:

If you have balloon you can just run around and then summon balloons to hope he runs into them.

Wait the balloons do damage? I actually have the second tier version of them from the jester ghost, but never tried them.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rirse posted:

Wait the balloons do damage? I actually have the second tier version of them from the jester ghost, but never tried them.

Balloon is literally one of the most OP spells in the game and can trivialize boss battles if used properly.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Balloon is like mine square and balloonra is like seeker mines from BBS. You might want to make some more jesterbocky and then do the water barrel mini game with them. For water barrels just start it and exit the minigame right away. Each one can give your pet 10-30 pet points to spend.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hey dumb question but I completely forgot, is Big Hero 6 an actual world in 3 or is it just a side thing? For some reason it feels like all I've seen for it has been the air fight with Heartless Baymax or whatever

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
A command deck filled with nothing but Balloonga and Balloonra will melt every single enemy encounter, including bosses, in seconds. Maybe throw a Curaga in there to be on the safe side.

I recall cooking up a handful of seal-looking dream eaters for this purpose.

Edit: ^ BH6 is a proper world.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlhYDT3-_dQ

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I put in the balloonra I had in my deck...and yeah it good. I probably won't use too many to keep the challenge. Did quickly see a difference since it was taking half of a life bar from the mantis boss Riku fought in the Grid each time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Thank you for assuring me that I can have proper adventure times with my large good friend Baymax, here's a video as a thank you present

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwEwxKkCGJE

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Rirse posted:

The boss rush the Spellican sends against you after you do the first three worlds is my personal pet hate. A tiny arena with no real area to hide and they just spam attacks at you left and right. No idea if it's any easier on normal but playing on Proud, I was ready to just call it quits there.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/mayhem_crimson/status/1089238556973903878

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This is kind of amazing

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

low tier. if they were gonna hire a fat rear end actor to spin around like a dork they should've just got the real HJO

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's a shame that nothing you get in Aqua's Secret Episode can be carried back to the rest of the game, because then the Realm of Darkness would be a ridiculously good place to level up in the post-game

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

He's got an actual duck for Donald, but no actual mouse for Mickey

what the hell...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Electric Phantasm posted:

He's got an actual duck for Donald, but no actual mouse for Mickey

what the hell...

not gonna lie i thought it was pluto

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

maybe he has a mouse inside but the dog for when he goes outside, did you think of that

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Manatee Cannon posted:

maybe he has a mouse inside but the dog for when he goes outside, did you think of that

gently caress I didn't, I still understand nothing

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Yo what if xehanort can control every chirathy because they all have [chi] in their name, which is a type of X

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just watched Back Cover to get ready for 3 tomorrow and I'm not really sure what I was supposed to pull from it other than all the Unions hate each other and there's a box in a desert with sea-salt ice cream in it.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Back Cover is only the first half of the mobile game’s story.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

The mobile game, Union X, has evolved into a story of what happens after the Keyblade War. Chi is all about the Keyblade War and what lead up to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The point of Back Cover is to introduce the Master of Masters, who is a character that does not matter.

It's good.