Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Good work Arist, you did it!

You aren't done yet though, there're some people who want some 2 on 1 time with you first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Wow, you must be exhausted after all that work, Arist.

Why don't you turn in for the night? You should really get some sleep.

Seriously, though, thanks for the LP. You did a great job on it.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
200 updates to finish this crazy game, thanks for all the work Arist.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Seriously, congrats. Two years of updates with parts that definitely dragged on too long (okumuras palace). Good LP

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Thanks for showing off this beautiful flawed game.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Congrats on finally finishing this, Arist.

Now you just have to do NG+.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Can I just make one of many slow clap posts? This was an incredible undertaking. Glad I caught up in time to say congrats and thank you.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I might actually play this game in the future. Some friends of mine insisted that I had to get real hands-on time with the game to appreciate it, and not just because it's easier to forget that the game's writing has huge holes in it (they just kind of ignored me when I said that).

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Congratulations on not dying Arist.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Congrats. You got it done faster than it took the game to release after it's initial annoucment.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Something about the faces in this really bugs me and I can't put my finger on it

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Is it because they're all just kind of blankly staring ahead like some sort of mannequin? No looking out the windows at the sights like people, especially not at the beautiful ocean, just staring all at the exact same point on the horizon out the front window?

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Holy crap, you actually did it. Two whole years and a whole lotta drama, and this massive game has a good LP.

Thank you for staying the course on a job well done. I didn't have as much to say about it all as I thought I would (because once one gets past the enjoyable bits, wow, are some things about it shallow and shoddy), but I still enjoyed myself and hope you did to. My best to you, and to Ari. :3:

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Congrats on finishing this! It was a great ride all the way through.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Congratulations, Arist! All your hard work really paid off. I hope Ari and the hacker are doing well!

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
Turns out the real aesthetics were the friends we made along the way

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Grapplejack posted:

Good work Arist, you did it!

You aren't done yet though, there're some people who want some 2 on 1 time with you first

PHRASING!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
No one seems to be talking about the ending specifically, but I do appreciate the small twist on "tearful farewells at the train station." Turning it into a road trip with the whole party instead is pretty cute.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Congratulations and thanks for LPing my favorite game!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Gort posted:

Something about the faces in this really bugs me and I can't put my finger on it

Weird noses.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gort posted:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Fantastic LP Arist. I know we were ragging on the game pretty hard from time to time, particularly near the end, but I do have a real soft spot for P5's flair and what it's ultimately trying to do, even if it falls flat in a lot of places. Congrats on being free at last. :)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GhostStalker posted:

Thanks for taking us on this wild ride, Arist. 200 updates and over a year and a half of this game. I still enjoyed it despite all of it's flaws, and look forward to you doing a bunch of bonus content and the spinoffs as well.

hooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

...Yeah, I did say I would do some of that stuff, didn't I? Ah, christ. Whatever, I'll think about it later.

Anyway, I just need to sincerely thank every single one of you from the very bottom of my heart for your arduous work in indulging my bullshit. I seriously can't fathom that I actually managed to finish this. I did 10 updates of that Xillia LP a few months before I started this one, until I eventually just gave up on it for a number of reasons, so this is the first finished LP I've ever done. It's also, without a doubt, the longest and hardest I've ever worked on anything.

My initial plan from a while back was to retire upon completing this LP if I ever actually managed to do it, but I've since changed my mind. For one, I have a number of bonus updates to get to, and if I drag those out long enough P5R might come out and then I'll really be hosed. But while we wait for that, I do have some other plans in motion. In fact, depending on how things go, I could have something up as soon as next week. We'll see what happens.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Thanks so much for LPing this game, Arist! You did an amazing job presenting this game, warts and all. Can't believe I managed to follow the LP all the way to the end without being spoiled about the game, but it was kinda worth it.

As a whole...Persona 5 sure is a video game. It's got stylish presentation, great music and some good characters. It's just the writing is frustrating in how uneven it is. I think some of the problem lies on the school year system forcing the plot to a halt at points, as well as the writers relying so much on archetypes and anime tropes for the "humor". I can only hope that with Hashino gone, Atlus would take a good long look at the series and figure out how to best revamp the series.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Of course the question is if they'd even want to change anything given how popular it is. P5 in particular seems to have gotten great reviews and sold really well. While obviously it has its flaws when examined, people’s first impressions were that it was amazing. So if anything Atlus will want to release this exact same game as many times as feasibly possible.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Good job, inmate!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Arist posted:

hooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

...Yeah, I did say I would do some of that stuff, didn't I? Ah, christ. Whatever, I'll think about it later.

Anyway, I just need to sincerely thank every single one of you from the very bottom of my heart for your arduous work in indulging my bullshit. I seriously can't fathom that I actually managed to finish this. I did 10 updates of that Xillia LP a few months before I started this one, until I eventually just gave up on it for a number of reasons, so this is the first finished LP I've ever done. It's also, without a doubt, the longest and hardest I've ever worked on anything.

My initial plan from a while back was to retire upon completing this LP if I ever actually managed to do it, but I've since changed my mind. For one, I have a number of bonus updates to get to, and if I drag those out long enough P5R might come out and then I'll really be hosed. But while we wait for that, I do have some other plans in motion. In fact, depending on how things go, I could have something up as soon as next week. We'll see what happens.

That's cool that you do so much, but man, if it really gets to you as something you dread... don't do it. You're not gonna be savaged if you decide you did enough.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Congratulations on getting all the way through. It's been quite the journey.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Congrats, Arist! Even having played Persona 5 all the way through before this LP started, I enjoyed every update of it.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Thanks for the read!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Haru was indeed the best choice of girl to date. A girl in a sweater can never be wrong.

blitzente
Apr 26, 2017
Congrats and thanks for the wonderful LP, Arist!

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Congratulations on finishing this wonderful LP!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Oxxidation posted:

the end! dumb moral

is it too late for a new thread title

ChaceRider
Aug 16, 2009

and above all else, be kind
Making one of my extremely rare posts to pop in and say this thread was the reason I went & bought this game and played it with my partner. We had a blast -- as has been said numerous times in thread, a lot of the flaws really are less glaring when you're playing it yourself -- and ended up beating it just before you got to Shido, too, but I kept up with this thread just to watch you get to the goal-line. (Plus you were a lot more thorough than I could be with checking up on NPCs. Having an ADHD co-pilot does not do wonders for that, hah.)

So uh, in short, thanks and congratulations! Now give yourself a well-earned break! (Of a length of your choosing, of course.)

Gort posted:

Joker's nose stands out the most, being set way too low (and this style's not great at doing attractive front-angle noses, which doesn't help). Haru's and Futaba's faces are also set really low -- on Haru it's almost less noticable because she always has a huge forehead, but it still looks pretty weird.

Also as mentioned dead-eyed stares, straight ahead at no apparent point of interest, etc etc

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

For all the poo poo we give the game, when you're playing it, your concerns boil down to "can I make the next confidant level before I have to turn off the console" and "can I make it to the next safe room so I can save". The last two weeks of updates, when you're playing it, will absolutely demolish an afternoon of your time as the spectacle train gains speed enough to carry its own crazy momentum to the very end. Arist did a good job in trying to convey that in a screenshot format towards the end, I think.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Congrats on completing the LP, Arist. And yes, this game...definitely has flaws. When it finds its groove, Persona 5 works well and is enjoyable. But when it falters, the flaws really stand out badly. At the end of the day, Persona 5 does try to do its own thing, but ultimately doesn't stick the landing and it suffers for that. I hope that P5R tries to alleviate the problems with the base game, but assuming the same staff are on board, I do not have high hopes.

As for you Arist, take your time with any bonus content you want to put out. After everything that's happened, you've earned some rest.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yeah, to use an example, I sort of hope that P4R is going to be like the Advent Dark Force remake of Fairy Fencer F (obscure much?).

Farseli
Sep 28, 2009

This is what I live for. This is the purpose of living, for those who have no life.
Congratulations! Thanks much for going though this so I didn't have to. I've never liked time management in games but have always wanted to see what happens in all of the Persona games. That and I got to see my friend's name in the credits (QA tester) finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Congrats on finishing the LP! This game was a behemoth, and your commentary was funny and enjoyable to read, especially during some of the weirder writing bits. :dance:

Are you planning on taking a break after this? :v: