Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Don't scare me like this, I thought the website was closing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

BlazetheInferno posted:

I'm not gonna deprive myself of a useful, valuable resource just because the guy who owns it is a prick.

The site is bloated with useless, boring poo poo that nobody cares about. Why they insist on lumping the anime bullshit in with the good and useful game info, much less put it before the game info, I will never know, but it drives me loving batty every time I go to that site.

Serebii's color scheme may be eye-seering, but at least they have the courtesy to put the anime bullshit in its own section.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

a quick google got me a kiwifarms thread calling the admin a pedophile and you know what, I don't think I care to look any further :stonklol:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Stop being cowards and post all the drama

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

mycelia posted:

a quick google got me a kiwifarms thread calling the admin a pedophile and you know what, I don't think I care to look any further :stonklol:

kiwifarms, a notoriously reliable and fair source of news with no agenda

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I especially like how they built their success on top of the destruction of a mentally ill transwoman's life, and the internet laughed along with it it to the point even official twitter accounts get in on it.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Yeah, exactly. When a Google search gives me Kiwifarms, Encyclopedia Dramatica and a poorly formatted Tumblr, that's where I stop looking.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
How bad of an idea would it be for Poison to become super effective against Normal?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Can I ask why you would want that? Does Normal really need another check?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Poison should be SE against Water

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Unless there is another Pokemon thread which I couldn't find, I figure this is the best place to ask. I was hoping that someone had a spare code for Zeraora for Ultra Sun from Gamestop? I apparently missed when these were handed out, and if you happened to have a spare code, or the pokemon from the event that you could help out a goon who wants to finish up his living dex, that would be GREATLY appreciated!

If I am seeing this correctly, the codes should still work for a bit longer.

E: reading back it seems I missed a code and that they expired on the 24th. Well if anyone feels generous :/

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 26, 2019

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

less laughter posted:

Water needs to be taken down a peg, so sure.

If we’re on the topic, Electric should be weak to Grass and Fairy weak to Normal because fairies are usually fragile and the type is still too good. Ice should also resist Normal because if it’s rigid enough to be weak to Figthing, it should at least get a benefit. It could also resist Water.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/PedroCMMata/status/1088940323416535045

Dark/Flying, probably.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Hello pokemon thread, I've got two spare Zekrom/Reshiram codes that are going to expire in two days so somebody please make good use of them.

A8693KJF4U55N985
A8693KK75KUJ58JH

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Clam Chowdown posted:

Hello pokemon thread, I've got two spare Zekrom/Reshiram codes that are going to expire in two days so somebody please make good use of them.

A8693KJF4U55N985
A8693KK75KUJ58JH

Thank for offering these, region locks are bullshit.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Geostomp posted:

Water needs to be taken down a peg, so sure.

If we’re on the topic, Electric should be weak to Grass and Fairy weak to Normal because fairies are usually fragile and the type is still too good. Ice should also resist Normal because if it’s rigid enough to be weak to Figthing, it should at least get a benefit. It could also resist Water.
I feel like nothing should ever be weak to normal. That's the type's whole thing. If something was ever weak to normal literally every pokemon ever would suddenly have free super effective coverage against that type.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

less laughter posted:

water should be SE against poison because it dilutes it

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Edit: wrong thread.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 27, 2019

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

indigi posted:

water should be SE against poison because it dilutes it

Water does not need more buffs. Or more Pokemon, for that matter.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

In a surprise move, the next game takes place in Poke-Atlantas, and all new pokemon are 100% water type.

Except for the Jason Mamoa-inspired Pokemon, which is Water/Fighting.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Zekrom/Reshiram codes must be redeemed by Jan 28 (pretty certain that means 12:01 EST on 28th the code is no longer valid) for Gen 7 3DS games:

A869X7L4CFUSW7QY

A869X7QPWGT7QCUS

A869X7T4KG7RL25M

A869X7WLLEW23MHL

A869X7Z8TYHKFWQT

A869X7ZFFYDYAWQP

A869X82Y2UA8M9QL

A869X83AALT8PJA8

A86937DJAZ5UQKY4

A86937EQLSUGL4Q9

A86937N56GCLZQ77

A86937TGZ2E6UMH9

A869382328H8KW7C

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Clam Chowdown posted:

A8693KJF4U55N985
A8693KK75KUJ58JH

Thanks Clam! I appreciate you posting these.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Apparently the codes for event pokemon don't actually expire till ~1 month after, there are some people still posting codes that are valid around the net. I still didn't find one, but it gives a little hope.

E: Confirmed, just found a random code posted on Twitter from the 24th that still worked.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 27, 2019

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

notthegoatseguy posted:

Zekrom/Reshiram codes must be redeemed by Jan 28 (pretty certain that means 12:01 EST on 28th the code is no longer valid) for Gen 7 3DS games:

A869X7L4CFUSW7QY

A869X7QPWGT7QCUS

A869X7T4KG7RL25M

A869X7WLLEW23MHL

A869X7Z8TYHKFWQT

A869X7ZFFYDYAWQP

A869X82Y2UA8M9QL

A869X83AALT8PJA8

A86937DJAZ5UQKY4

A86937EQLSUGL4Q9

A86937N56GCLZQ77

A86937TGZ2E6UMH9

A869382328H8KW7C

I got the first Reshiram code, thanks.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01/26/official-pokemon-dress-shirts-come-in-styles-for-all-151-original-pokemon

is THIS monpoké

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I surely will impress people with my Weezing dress shirt.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
it's 2019, pokemon is business casual now

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mierenneuker posted:

I surely will impress people with my Weezing dress shirt.

I'm picturing someone wearing a jynx shirt and it making the news.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Why the hell does Fearow look better than everything else here

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I renamed my Ho-oh Fire Fearow

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
I use bandannas while running and a lot of those designs would be cool designs for bandannas, but they're kinda a bit much for a shirt.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Circle Nine posted:

I use bandannas while running and a lot of those designs would be cool designs for bandannas, but they're kinda a bit much for a shirt.

How expensive would it be to screenprint on a bandanna?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

these loving rule

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

Why the hell does Fearow look better than everything else here

Because they were willing to make it stylized while everything else is essentially just pictures of the Pokemon itself sprinkled in.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Steel should be weak to electric because it conducts electricity.
Normal should resist Fairy because the mundane is an effective shield against magic bullshit.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

VanSandman posted:

Steel should be weak to electric because it conducts electricity.
Normal should resist Fairy because the mundane is an effective shield against magic bullshit.

I know matchups don't need to make real sense but steel being weak to fire but not to electricity always throws me off.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Everything should be super effective against everything else

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They should just go back to gen 1 types only because my idiot old man brains can't keep track of anything more complicated.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

History Comes Inside! posted:

They should just go back to gen 1 types only because my idiot old man brains can't keep track of anything more complicated.

I never want to go back to Gen 1 types where Psychic was the literal best type that absolutely nothing else could ever match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah my question was more about feeling like Poison needs another use than knocking down Normal. I don't know fact one about the metagame or anything though so I seek opinions. I'm just going through the first few generations on story mode and composing teams where I try to have something SE ready for any given single type.