Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I’m going to find this guy and dump his books

he sucks real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Did you hear that speech kamala harcopmas gave about how slavery was good? What a misstep

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Oh btw I apologise if anyone truly thought I was out of pocket earlier. My car is hosed up, and I am freaking the gently caress out and there's some other traumatic poo poo going on. I am doing my best y'all.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Ogmius815 posted:

Guys did you know that Kamala Harris is a politician who is 54 years old and has lived through other political eras where the politics of various issues were a little different than they are now? I was shocked too, I know.

You say this and all I hear is rigged election.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ogmius815 posted:

Guys did you know that Kamala Harris is a politician who is 54 years old and has lived through other political eras where the politics of various issues were a little different than they are now? I was shocked too, I know.

The fact that she's noticeably out-of-step with the wants and needs of the Democratic party base today is not an argument in her favor.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This thread needs a pick-me-up

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1089609092186935300

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Saw sequels are getting real weird.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ogmius815 posted:

look, it was 2014, it was a different time, nobody knew that demanding prisoners not be released on the grounds that the state needed them to work for free was a bad idea

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

If the Starbucks dipshit delivers Trump another victory in service of a loving Business Centrist vanity project....

Then the Democrats deserve to lose for apparently running a campaign so poorly that someone with no natural base of support was able to siphon off enough of their voters to give Trump victory?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
as a california resident who's been following kamala harris since before she was on the national radar i decided i would never support her for higher office after she supported those orange county district attorneys

that wasn't a pragmatic political decision made in a different time or however else you want to spin it, that was some thin blue line bullshit. she's pretty bad, like most of the big name democrats in california

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’m just glad I found something to base my decision on when I fill out my 2020 ballot and mail it, tomorrow

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Thank God black people have white people like us to tell them how to interpret black politicians' views on racial inequality.

"Slavery wasnt so bad" wouldn't be such a hot take if it was actually confined to the mists of history rather than say, this summer

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

haveblue posted:

I’m just glad I found something to base my decision on when I fill out my 2020 ballot and mail it, tomorrow

Lol you haven't voted in the next three elections yet? It felt really good voting against Tucker Carlson.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Seriously though a lot of the usual crew of assholes ITT laying the groundwork to not vote for Harris when she probably wins the nomination (she is the strongest candidate) because, surprise, they’re a bunch of assholes who only care about being able to tout their supposed moral superiority.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

As a staunch 2016 supporter: gently caress no.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
And here we go.

Did you guys consider that Harris is 54 years old and thus has been lovely for longer? So you want to hold her being lovely longer against her because she wants to be president??

Like what the gently caress even is this argument? "She has lovely views, please ignore them?"

Let me pick my jaw off the floor. I was told by so many D&D geniuses that this was IMPOSSIBLE and I was so dumb to think it would happen!

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 28, 2019

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Yeah, uber has been out over a decade now, I get that it may have blindsided traditional companies when it launched but it's just pathetic at this point how poorly traditional taxis have organized to make any sort of modernization. If I could just have an app with similar features that summoned a yellow cab I'm sure I'd prefer that to it summoning some weird guy, but that app doesn't exist, or at least, that app exists split over hundreds and thousands of separate apps with wildly different functionality. Like uber operates in 70 countries, while traditional cab companies operate in like, half of a city and may or may have an app. and that app might not have half the features I expected or may not even be in my language or accept my credit card.

Modernize the global taxi infrastructure and I'll use that in a second over haphazard cobbled together amature drivers, but welp, still waiting.
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...CX4Q0Qx6BAgFEAE

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ogmius815 posted:

Seriously though a lot of the usual crew of assholes ITT laying the groundwork to not vote for Harris when she probably wins the nomination (she is the strongest candidate) because, surprise, they’re a bunch of assholes who only care about being able to tout their supposed moral superiority.

There's a whole lot of projection and factual inaccuracy going on in this here post...

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I hope another Democrat announces soon so we can move on to talking about why they suck. I'm getting sick of this Kamala arc.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Said like Jack Nicholson's Joker sitting at the desk of a recently-murdered crime boss

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Hah. I thought the last 2 years of Hellworld would let us avoid this, but nope :regd08:

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ogmius815 posted:

this is the only possible explanation for thinking "jailing parents for their kids skipping school is a bad idea, and I would not like a person who proposed it to be president"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Isn’t there a primary thread you can go poo poo up?

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Y'all just better keep your nit-picking to the primary. Tear these people apart but you'd better literally, unironically vote blue no matter who. I'm gonna get torn apart for saying that but I really don't think Harris would have let Puerto Rico suffer for months with no aid or forcibly separate kids from their families and stuff them in cages.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Koalas March posted:

Oh btw I apologise if anyone truly thought I was out of pocket earlier. My car is hosed up, and I am freaking the gently caress out and there's some other traumatic poo poo going on. I am doing my best y'all.

We're all doing our bezt.:)

Edit: I misspelled best, I'm leaving it.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 28, 2019

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

RZA Encryption posted:

Y'all just better keep your nit-picking to the primary. Tear these people apart but you'd better literally, unironically vote blue no matter who. I'm gonna get torn apart for saying that but I really don't think Harris would have let Puerto Rico suffer for months with no aid or forcibly separate kids from their families and stuff them in cages.

If obama would then she probably would too

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Clinton running can only be a good thing.

She'll be quickly booted after gaining no traction. Her eventual endorsement for whichever centrist will be devalued, and possibly a liability.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

If obama would then she probably would too

Do you think Trump is no worse than Obama? Real Q, it would help me better understand your take.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

RZA Encryption posted:

While I agree, I doubt Harris will balk at drone strikes, deportation, and the continuing status quo on most critical issues. She has an uphill battle to show people she is motivated to implement change, and will follow through unlike Obama.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

RZA Encryption posted:

Yeah, see: That's not how it works.

If candidates know that voters will vote blue no matter who, then they don't need to pander to us even during campaign season. This is the one chance we have to examine their record, get them on record, and then hold them to the record before they go all "don't make the perfect the enemy of the good" on us.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

RZA Encryption posted:

Do you think Trump is no worse than Obama? Real Q, it would help me better understand your take.

on the subject of "we must deter immigration by caging children," yeah. trump just relished the cruelty while to the obama administration it was a tragic side effect of technocracy that wasn't worth the political capital to correct.

remember all those chuds defending the child cages by saying "HEY OBAMA DID IT TOO"

they weren't making that up

Trump's sole innovation was doing it explicitly out of spite instead of as a simple matter of ~legal deterrence~

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

Trump's sole innovation was doing it explicitly out of spite instead of as a simple matter of ~legal deterrence~

While technically correct, taking bad policy and deliberately weaponizing it to harm and terrorize some of the most vulnerable peoples is a pretty massive "innovation."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RZA Encryption posted:

Obama allowed multiple bills to pass and be signed by him that functionally gave control of Peurto Rico's government to investors from outside, and that absolutely was a major factor why the hurricane destroyed so much.

Obama put kids in cages, if you genuinely believe that there's an actual moral difference between 'they were unaccompanied minors' and 'separated kids at the border' I'd love to know why being put in a cage doesn't gently caress one of those kids up but does the other.

Harris isn't to the left of Obama.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

on the subject of "we must deter immigration by caging children," yeah. trump just relished the cruelty while to the obama administration it was a tragic side effect of technocracy that wasn't worth the political capital to correct.

remember all those chuds defending the child cages by saying "HEY OBAMA DID IT TOO"

they weren't making that up

Well maybe I misunderstood that situation, because I was under the impression that Obama did what he did because they were unaccompanied and it would have been neglectful to just release kids on their own. Not as a specific deterrence. Someone else: what's the truth here?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
"I wish 2016 primarychat would end."

*monkey's paw windmills into a fist, punches me in the dick*

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
I am really not liking the "no criticisms allowed after the primary ends" bullshit going on in here. gently caress that. I will crawl over broken glass to vote for anyone the Dems nominate but that won't make the nominee's potential liabilities and weaknesses disappear. This is how we got 8 years of lame dick centrism rather than any real progressive last time we had a shot and moving things forward.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Skippy McPants posted:

While technically correct, taking bad policy and deliberately weaponizing it to harm and terrorize some of the most vulnerable peoples is a pretty massive "innovation."

what makes you think it wasn't being deliberately weaponized before. the whole point was to win over Republican voters by demonstrating Democrats could be TOUGH ON THE BORDER too. panned out real good, huh?

it's just that the first guy to weaponize it shrugged and said "well, we can't let the perfect be the enemy of the good" before ordering a ton of children thrown in cages, as opposed to the most recent one saying "yeah, that sounds good, steve, blood and soil, very good stuff, did i ever tell you about the time in 1993 when i totally could have hosed rhea pearlman"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

While I agree, I doubt Harris will balk at drone strikes, deportation, and the continuing status quo on most critical issues. She has an uphill battle to show people she is motivated to implement change, and will follow through unlike Obama.

Like is that even her intention? Obama did the fake hope and change gimmick. Is that Harris' gameplan? Maybe it is, but sje might just be shooting straight with '3rd Way" bullshit. I don't see why she'd move dramatically to the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

This seems like the same idle speculation and conservative wish-projection that has made up the other 1000 versions of this article that have been made in the last several months. Until she announces, she isn't running.