Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Spam Musubi posted:

Is it bad if I’m just now joining Warframe? Downloaded it over night and just had the chance to play the tutorial. I like it.

i started in december. seems like a fine time to start playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What I'd like to see in warframe 2019 is improved archwing controls and gameplay, especially in time for railjack, give archwings a "stop moving" button that exists outside of itzal's 2 ability, make enemies shoot REALLY visible projectiles and add a 100m loot vacuum to space.

I'd also like to see what they are cooking up for difficulty 2.0 and hope it gives you something to use your strongest toys on and involves one shot killers like bombards getting a red homing laser to avoid instead of the current hard to see rocket.

iirc one of the main devs has a stubborn hatred of vacuum as a concept. i wouldn't get your hopes up.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Letting people extract from endless missions individually still fucks over anyone who chooses to stay, because spawns are dogshit slow without all 4 players. It's really annoying, and makes solo play on some mission types almost impossible. Give us a loving /players8 command already, DE.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The host is the player marked "1" on the team HUD in the upper right corner. The screen you're talking about might obscure it, but if you check beforehand at least it's better than nothing.
Last time I checked, that "show team" option was still disabled by default for some reason only DE is retarded enough to understand.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

iirc one of the main devs has a stubborn hatred of vacuum as a concept. i wouldn't get your hopes up.

If they did away with loot drops and just made everything that dropped from enemies auto-collect for everyone at the end, would that do anything to negatively impact the game experience?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What I'd like to see in warframe 2019 is improved archwing controls and gameplay, especially in time for railjack, give archwings a "stop moving" button that exists outside of itzal's 2 ability

Shift + S at the same time.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

If they did away with loot drops and just made everything that dropped from enemies auto-collect for everyone at the end, would that do anything to negatively impact the game experience?

it's good and useful that energy and health orbs are drops (and affected by vacuum, which you have the option of using or not using), but other than that, not really

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spam Musubi posted:

Is it bad if I’m just now joining Warframe? Downloaded it over night and just had the chance to play the tutorial. I like it.

Nope! Make sure you join a goon clan and ask questions when you're not sure.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'd be happy if they did something like Destiny and have all the major loot you missed sent to an NPC on a relay or something to be grabbed later. Like I'm not stressing if I miss 20 plastids but if I miss an OCell on that Saturn map where cell arrays can spawn on the extraction point I'd be pissed.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

This was the worst orbmom fight ever

I had one the other day where she spent half the fight with 90% of her body submerged in a lake, and then the second half spazzing out on the branches of one of those bigass trees. It was an absolute nightmare.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Being a leech would be even more profitable.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Making a fair, inclusive loot shooter is tough and making sure that people are actively participating without hurting the team and causing toxic behaviors to emerge. But perhaps vacuum radius can be based upon some measure of participation. Like more acrobatic moves contribute to your vacuum radius and at a certain point you’ll get everything that dropped on the map. For leeches, they won’t really move, barely do any damage, etc. but this can penalize newbies that legitimately want to contribute but don’t know what’s going on. Perhaps like other things DE could make vacuum scale with MR?

Heck, I think auras should scale with MR so we can encourage play style diversity without forcing people into certain builds and team comps to enjoy the game, but maybe I’m just crazy.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
That's recipe of refusing to let low MR players in your team because their corpro is not at Max efficiency.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

And also encourages leeches to just do sick flips and jumps all over the level instead of doing anything useful. Which, while still honestly pretty Warframe, is not ideal.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I've soloed the entire game because I'm an anti-social rear end in a top hat, so this rage quitting is something I've never seen.

Hailfire
Sep 11, 2011
Been playing Warframe on the switch, a whole lotta fun but goddamn do the Archwing Rush missions suck complete balls start to finish.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I've soloed the entire game because I'm an anti-social rear end in a top hat, so this rage quitting is something I've never seen.
playing with pubbies for the odd pickup thing is not so bad, just think of them as buggy ai of wildly differing ability levels and never ever turn on voice

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nobody even uses voice anyways

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Didn't the same exact thing happen to you when you were hosting a defense fissure and suddenly disconnected and asked "hey where'd you guys go" while all 3 of us were still playing after a host migration?

like i've seen one or maybe 2 jerks ragequit for various reasons, but i'm in denial 3 random pubs would decide to ragequit all exactly at the same time out of personal shame or impatience. For every intentional disconnect i've seen dozens of people that just go afk or spectate from death instead.

When I was hosting and suddenly noticed large numbers of enemies not dying, I looked at the player list to see no one else was there, I thought 'that's weird, I didn't get any disconnect/migration messages'. It was genuinely confusing because my gameplay wasn't interrupted at all and then the mission failed.

e: I have seen people leave angrily, usually during spy sorties. One time I spawned on a person while they were in the spy room and I set off the alarm when I appeared. They threatened to report me for...something...and then they left.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 28, 2019

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Hey, we got Fetch AKA Vacuum For Pets finally, and it only took 5 years! Clearly another 5 years will get us Archwing Vacuum. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Itzal already has archwing vacuum, dont get greedy!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Not having vacuum sucks. I usually forget to re-equip a sentinel after captura, and having to literally stand on items to pick them up is so bad for this game, there have definitely been times where I can't reach resources without vacuum because they've fallen into a pit or behind some decorations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

On the one hand leeching is bad but on the other hand "Complete 5 missions on Uranus with only a melee weapon equipped"

After which, it's time to hunt for Grineer caches! Weeeee

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

On the one hand leeching is bad but on the other hand "Complete 5 missions on Uranus with only a melee weapon equipped"

After which, it's time to hunt for Grineer caches! Weeeee

Uranus is the worst planet.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

TheMostFrench posted:

That's a new level of entitlement I haven't seen.

I've seen worse. I've see people leave as soon as an alarm is triggered, even when they're the one who did it. Not even trying to finish the vault or wait to see what happens. "Welp an alarms going off, pubs are trash, I'm out."

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I dunno, i kinda love the sillyness of dozens of items being swooped up into a neverending list at the bottom of my screen. Most of the time you dont look at them but "cleaning up" is fun for defense missions where you'd otherwise have even less incentive to move.

Also having vacuum while being unable to "consume" the floating items is like my favorite goofy thing about wukongs 3, cmon, let the poor guy have at least something.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

thats a tutorial quest to show you the magic of excals (or others) exalted weapons (or other killframe abilities) btw. By the point i had just the most basic sustainability mods and the 5 melee missions were way easier than the ones i was using guns for.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I've 98% pubbed like 2000 missions by now and i can remember maybe one or two instances. I sometimes see people quitting because they realize it's a mission type they hate or that takes forever or something.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 28, 2019

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

thats a tutorial quest to show you the magic of excals (or others) exalted weapons (or other killframe abilities) btw. By the point i had just the most basic sustainability mods and the 5 melee missions were way easier than the ones i was using guns for.
Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm pairing it with leveling up my Trinity Prime by riding along on pub Tyl Regor kills, and could switch it up with going back to King Nidus if I wanted to solo defense missions with just 1 and 2. But I like complaining about Uranus, as

Evil Mastermind posted:

Uranus is the worst planet.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Yeah wasn't debating that.

I'm glad i now have enough ridiculous kill/godmode/mobility frames to coast through any alert or event that sends me back there these days and know the place well enough to get out quickly at least. Still telling that my least 3 favorite tiles are all in that same set though, and also that drat exterminate generator that never spawns enough enemies.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm super hype for melee 3.0 because anything that will make it easier and more fun to just run around and smack the poo poo out of enemies with melee is alright in my books

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Primary change of Melee 3.0 will be buffing Steel Charge so more people will use it.

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.

I downloaded the companion app and keep getting alerts like these. What are they?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

New Concept Hole posted:

Primary change of Melee 3.0 will be buffing Steel Charge so more people will use it.

Good. Exactly what the world needed, more Steel Charge users. (Exception made for Umbral builds that need it)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Spam Musubi posted:

I downloaded the companion app and keep getting alerts like these. What are they?

They let you know when alerts for certain items pop up, you can set what you want to be dinged about in the app itself. Most people have them set for potatoes and forma.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yesterday I was making use of the twitch boosters we got to rank MR trash and farm more ocells (I have over 400 now and it's still not enough no matter what anyone says!) at Helene, and some pubbie got SUPER pissed at me for getting too many kills. He couldn't finish his little bonus affinity mission to get 20 kills with his pistol because he was apparently using an entirely unmodded Furis, but it was obviously my fault that he was having such a hard time because I was running around murdering things as usual.

There was a point in time where he got so irate that he spent a solid three minutes or so raging at me in chat instead of like... shooting anything or trying to progress despite my apparently egregious amounts of murderizing. The other two dudes were trying to explain to him that that affinity isn't that much but he was INCREDIBLY ANGRY about monster murder and wouldn't listen to them.

Warframe is fun.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'll say it again, it's real easy to spot the people who come from reddit and destiny 2.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like it would be a good resource to have recommendations of what stats are okay to dumpster on certain warframes, which frames you want to cap at 150% power, which frames want as much of a certain thing as possible, which can be split into a couple different builds that focus on different skills with different stats.

Takes a lot of wiki and guide digging to get a feel for those things about a warframe and those guides you might be following might not know what they are talking about, the ingame ability tap leaves out a huge portion of the info about abilities too or just has unintuitive things like that Nova's Q stacks scale off duration instead of power and her R's range scales off duration instead of range because reasons, which is hard to gauge ingame without swapping mods around and then figuring out what changed by how much.

Here are some warframes I want to figure out how to forma well and what their ideal stat breakpoints and dump stats are.

Nezha
Frost
Oberon
Mag

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What I'd like to see in warframe 2019 is improved archwing controls and gameplay, especially in time for railjack, give archwings a "stop moving" button that exists outside of itzal's 2 ability, make enemies shoot REALLY visible projectiles and add a 100m loot vacuum to space.

Amen. And an easier/more fun way to level up archwings as it's quite slow going right now.

Though it's not like I have many mods to stick into the under-leveled stuff thanks to no vacuum.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey, should my eighth slot on a baza (damage, viral, crit/damage, multishot, hunter munitions) be vigilante arms, bladed rounds, or argon scope?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Vigilante if you've a crit built.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
If they're not ever going to do something substantial with Archwings, why not just remove their level? Make them an equipment set that's already at max stats. I'm sure all six Archwings fans will come around to this and the rest of the world can at least mow down their missions in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Samuringa posted:

If they're not ever going to do something substantial with Archwings, why not just remove their level? Make them an equipment set that's already at max stats. I'm sure all six Archwings fans will come around to this and the rest of the world can at least mow down their missions in peace.

They are. Its called Railjack.