Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

7DMT and Big Thunder do it so much better. Same with SDD. When's the last time you went on Barnstormer?

Two Wednesdays ago. :colbert: We rode all four major coasters at MK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Two Wednesdays ago. :colbert: We rode all four major coasters at MK.

:colbert: Was it a five minute wait that was actually a walk on?

(don't you use that to talk about our beloved carousel)

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Astro Orbiter is good if for nothing more than the great views, especially at night.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:colbert: Was it a five minute wait that was actually a walk on?

(don't you use that to talk about our beloved carousel)

:)

Nah, it had a 20-30 minute wait, which is admittedly unusual. We came back since we had another fast pass, but it still was a 15 minute wait. I can see your point of view that Barnstormer isn't the most scary coaster out there, but it's nowhere near the worst ride in all the Disney parks.

Did anyone in this thread ever ride the Batman ride at Astroworld in Houston before it closed? That ride legitimately caused pain (specifically, the seat was so uncomfortable and it kept hitting you in the balls). THAT is the worst ride ever to me because it physically hurt to ride it. Fast and Furious just was incredibly stupid.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I didn't like barnstormer because I didn't really fit in it. Seating was super uncomfortable.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
So glad we didn't wait forever in line for Kong, it was such a disappointing ride. All the buildup with the facade and the queue and... it's just the tram stop from Hollywood, yet lamer. The Kong animatronic at the end owns but it feels like you rush past it.

Something about that particular ride setup just does not work, but Universal's in love with it.

Still doesn't match the raw wet fart that is Derren Brown's Ghost Train over here in good ol' Brexitland, that ride's hilarious history of underperformance and constant desperate tweaking might have scared the local parks off 3D-type rides forever.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 27, 2019

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Philharmagic

Even though I don’t mind the Muppets version, all 4D films are basically trash.

My spouse forces me into It’s Tough to be a Bug every visit simply so they can sing the line “Shoulder-high waaaaaaaaste!”

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Ya’ll it’s the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse no need to continue the debate. Hall of Presidents sucks real bad too.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Dren posted:

Ya’ll it’s the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse no need to continue the debate.

How dare you

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dren posted:

Ya’ll it’s the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse

This is third or fourth for me on the list, but yeah. It's up there.

How long do we think Disney will delay publicly killing Stitch?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

American Adventure can get the guillotine but it's a sick place to take a nap

Somewhat unpopular probably even though I ride it every time but I think Nemo is towards the bottom of the list and the queue is 47 miles long

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I like Barnstormer mainly because my baby cousins (4 and 5 years old) LOVE that ride and it entertains then endlessly if I'm there with them.

And I have love for AA because there's power outlets in the lobby and the CMs usually dont care if you nap there for a bit and charge your phone. I have no idea what the actual show is because havent seen it in probably 13-14 years.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Alternative: PoC now because of the new redhead scene which I keep hoping will catch on fire so they can fix it :smith:

My God, what have they done now?

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
So, my mother, who bought our tickets for the trip, linked our magic bands to the tickets, but now it appears I cant load my magic band into my account on the app. We will definitely be splitting up during the trip at some point. Am i screwed with using the app to get fastpass+ without her doing it for me or am i missing something?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Tim Whatley posted:

American Adventure can get the guillotine but it's a sick place to take a nap

Somewhat unpopular probably even though I ride it every time but I think Nemo is towards the bottom of the list and the queue is 47 miles long

I thought about saying Nemo but like many other rides that have been brought up for consideration here I think kids 5-7 still really like it. The Nemo queue is always super empty and they cant give the fastpasses away.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Beachcomber posted:

My God, what have they done now?

They took it out of the 1950s and made it not about sex slavery, which for whatever reason some people get mad about.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Tim Whatley posted:

They took it out of the 1950s and made it not about sex slavery, which for whatever reason some people get mad about.

I mean, it’s pirates, who were known for raping and pillaging. That being said, this is a Disney kids ride and their version of “pirates” are already Disney-fied, so really it’s surprising they kept her as long as they did.

Also, some of the most renown pirates were women, so it’s pretty awesome to have a badass female pirate on the ride.

In summary, I understand the initial reaction to changing an iconic part of the ride, but it’s overall a good change.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm fine with the Pirates change. I have a lot of love for a redheaded Bad Bitch. I want to be one when I grow up.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I don't have kids but I guess I always figured if I ever do I'd be stoked to have a daughter get to see a badass pirate lady instead of a woman in handcuffs being sold while all the men have fun. People make outrageous claims all the time regarding the change like they're altering so much Disney history and why stop there, but they literally stopped there, and with a good reason behind it.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
my daughter was scared of pirates but perked up when there was a scene with a girl pirate, then told me she liked the girl pirate

it really is as simple as having even a single girl character

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yo, the only bad change to pirates was the removal of the mermaid skeleton hth

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

This was the real travesty. Also people should have been much more upset when they threw too much focus on Johnny depp into the ride

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Well, that escalated quickly. My wife and I have been missing Disney Land so we're going to make a trip out in November. Our little girl will be 19 months old. We just decided that it might be hard but we'd rather to have tried than not. Luckily Disney isn't a onetime thing for us so we're ok with some risk involved.

Side note, if you have access to Google Earth VR do NOT visit a Disney park you've been to unless you want to get a powerful hankering to go back.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Bottom Liner posted:

Truth.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

DisposableHero posted:

Side note, if you have access to Google Earth VR do NOT visit a Disney park you've been to unless you want to get a powerful hankering to go back.

qft

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Nottherealaborn posted:

Also people should have been much more upset when they threw too much focus on Johnny depp into the ride

I'm upset on their behalf. I never got to see the original version :(

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Wouldn't be surprised if in the next round of refurbs, all the Sparrow animatronics mysteriously vanish, or are redressed as a new character. At the very least in the non-Chinese parks.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Some dumb chick yelling about chickens is one of the stupidest things they could have femplaced it with. Disney is pandering to the feminists all over the place and while I dislike that, whatever, I'm not surprised--but they could have come up with something interesting instead of it sucking. Nobody cares about a chicken auction.

And no pirate is running from a chick with a broom when he has a gun on his side.

SteelMentor posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if in the next round of refurbs, all the Sparrow animatronics mysteriously vanish, or are redressed as a new character. At the very least in the non-Chinese parks.

Yeah, all the "capn jack sparrah" poo poo can go, too. I'll miss that final treasure room scene a bit.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Hall of Presidents is fine. You can dislike Trump and still really enjoy the impressive exhibit it is. I still feel like that is what we should have over at American Adventure instead of the warmongering shitshow that's over at AA now.

Hell, Trump's speech isn't even offensive. Just his face.

I've 100% spent too much time in CSPAM but I wish Disney would have just let Trump go absolutely insane for his speech. Just let him ramble on without full stops for 5 minutes about how he invented skyscrapers or what the gently caress ever. It wouldn't have been Disney Magical but it would have produced that wonderful out of body experience that only Trump's loose mind diarrhea can produce.

EDIT:

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Some dumb chick yelling about chickens is one of the stupidest things they could have femplaced it with. Disney is pandering to the feminists all over the place and while I dislike that, whatever, I'm not surprised--but they could have come up with something interesting instead of it sucking. Nobody cares about a chicken auction.

source your quotes

Boxman fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jan 28, 2019

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Some dumb chick yelling about chickens is one of the stupidest things they could have femplaced it with.

:eyepop:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

If you actually listen to the scene though, Feminist Agenda Redd actually says "Send em to Davy Jones's locker, they just want the rum!" So like, even Redd knows the chicken auction is stupid. So yeah, we get it. A chicken auction is super dumb, bruh. Not a good reason to hate the scene.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Every time I ride PotC I always get a picture of the back of my head, because I'm always looking the skeleton at the steering wheel, it's my favorite scene since I was a kid.

Also I'm super cheaply(quality and price-wise) staying off resort this weekend and was wondering if using a ride sharing would be worth the price from saving me the hassle of parking at the TTC and the long wait to get to the car when MK closes.

I've read old news that at times they don't allow the drivers to drop off in front of the Contemporary, but what about pickups? I don't mind the drop off at TTC, it's the zombie march that kills me:
1.Main Street to the monorail/boat
2.wait for them to arrive and hope you can get on
3.walk to the shuttles and wait in line and hope you can get on the first one arriving.
4.walk to the car and drive into some traffic to get out.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
normal ride-sharing is not allowed to pick you up in the bus area outside of MK, only minnie vans can do that. last I checked you have to be staying on property to get a minnie van so that won't be an option for you. you could walk from MK to contemporary and get a ride from there. I haven't personally done it but I imagine it would work. my favorite options are to leave before the night show or to hang out in the park for another 30-40 minutes after the show. if you don't mind missing the castle projection show, there's a lovely view of the fireworks from the TTC boat ramp. they pipe in the music and everything. as soon as it's over you get in your car and leave.

Dren fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 28, 2019

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Holy poo poo femplaced is my new favorite word to laugh at

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Disney is pandering to the feminists all over the place

God forbid we get reminded that over 50% of the population actually exists and does stuff other than make you sandwiches.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

WDWNT.com started putting WDW on blast for not keeping up on maintenance stuff, and in 2 weeks has managed to get stuff at the park fixed that has been broken or missing for a long time. I think it's hilarious that it's so effective. Parks and Resorts does 20 Billion a year in revenue and people on social media have to tell them what to fix.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Probably a case of missing the trees for the forest or however the opposite of that saying goes.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Kingdom Hearts 3 uses Disney Parks vehicles as power ups including Space Ranger Spin and even has the score pop up and the sound effect and I am dead

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
Speaking of, as I'm heading to WDW tomorrow (with the 23 month old, gulp.), is there anything KHish going on for the release or is that all relegated to Disneyland China or whatever?

Also, I had been excited about all the pin trading poo poo when I heard about it a couple months ago, but my hopes were dashed when I heard how bad its gotten with scrappers. Is there any point in trying ro trade with cast or boards right now or is it useless if i dont bring a jeweler's monacle? It'd be fun to get some mystery packs at the store and trade em if i don't want them but I dont want to trade a real for a fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Wait is that really a thing? I don't follow the pin trading that much but that seems a bit excessive.