Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Caliente

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Kind of glad the new female Magus is exactly that, a Magus, and not yet another new character type distinguished by 'boobs lol'.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
This fella' is new to me. Looks kinda cool with the dual wielding and whatever the thing he is holding is. Lotsa cult seals too and an enormous impractical icon.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I imagine he whips his cloak off and swings 4 swords about like General Grievous

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ They kinda sound like bodyguards, so triple / quadruple wielding would be awesome!
I just hope they balance the simple model characters between HQ and elites. Though I guess with the supreme command detachment it isn't as big of an issue.

Zark the Damned posted:

Kind of glad the new female Magus is exactly that, a Magus, and not yet another new character type distinguished by 'boobs lol'.

Hmm, can't remember them ever making a separate unit type because of that, though GW has been sticking with single pose characters recently (with maybe slight changes to weapons). I'm just glad there is a second pose, since it will probably be worth taking 2 of them if you don't stick a broodlord in the list!

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
[quote="Cessna" post="492Do 039868"]
So how do you play a Custodes army without being "that guy?
[/quote]

Give every single model a rad conversion and awesome paintjob and hope that the visual impact conceals your sins?

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
I've just ordered a 2k craftworld / harlequin army.

Show me your colour schemes I need some inspiration

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

gilljoy posted:

Craftworld Iybraesil

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Craftworld Iybraesil

I second this notion. Or Mymeara

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

gilljoy posted:

Craftworld Foss.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
I was actually thinking Iybraesil or Mymeara, they're a strong possibility.

Other options I'm thinking are Iyanden or Ulthwe

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Craftworld Foss.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I bet that would be a lot of fun to paint.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

gilljoy posted:

I was actually thinking Iybraesil or Mymeara, they're a strong possibility.

Other options I'm thinking are Iyanden or Ulthwe

Ulthwe were my no 1 choice as an edgy teen who didn't know what highlighting or thinning paints was, but all I can think of now when I think of their scheme is jesus I'd rather die than highlight all that black and try figuring out if multiple layers of bone over black undercoat is more or less tedious than whatever an alternative method for the secondary bone colour could be. That said I still think it's an awesome scheme, just it surely must be one of the most difficult.

Saim hann were my runners up, not familiar with any post edition craft worlds off the top of my head.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 27, 2019

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Revelation 2-13 posted:

This fella' is new to me. Looks kinda cool with the dual wielding and whatever the thing he is holding is. Lotsa cult seals too and an enormous impractical icon.

I like the corrupted purity seals.

I'm also for anything that's a poke in the eye to SPESS MUHREENS.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It was

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Looks like an art project from when I was 8. Crazily enough it was probably done in a very similar fashion.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Mymeara owns.

(Highlighting a wraithknight, however...)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

koreban posted:

(Highlighting a wraithknight, however...)

Oh god :gonk:

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
Attaching several brush tips in a circle around a drill head, wiping away almost all the paint on them and cranking that sucker up for mechanized drybrushing.

How lovely would the results be?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Badablack posted:

Attaching several brush tips in a circle around a drill head, wiping away almost all the paint on them and cranking that sucker up for mechanized drybrushing.

Extremely.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Badablack posted:

lovely, but hilarious.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I haven't done it yet because I never dry brush but I have my old shaving brush ready...

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Badablack posted:

Depends, are you looking to actually paint models or start up a YouTube channel?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

Depends, are you looking to actually paint models or start up a YouTube channel?

The quality of a video is inversely proportional to the quality of the result achieved.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Wych hair should not be this hard. This should not be driving me as nuts as it is. I'm doing a pale blue skin, nearly white at the highlighted parts, with green hair. I'm going to be cleaning this up until I die.

I feel like it's not even the most difficult part of the model, just "table angle" makes any errors really pop.

If I ever took the plunge into new 40K, can I field my Harlequins and Wyches together somehow? I'm not at all familiar with how the new keyword stuff works outside of Kill Team.

Kill Team is still way good and I'm really hoping I don't get totally snowed out from playing tomorrow. I really can't get over how weird it feels to be hype about GW stuff again after so long.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

food court bailiff posted:

If I ever took the plunge into new 40K, can I field my Harlequins and Wyches together somehow? I'm not at all familiar with how the new keyword stuff works outside of Kill Team.

Extremely easily yes.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

So long as units share a keyword they can be in a battleforged army together, those are both <Aeldari>. You can run them both in a single detachment but that limits you to using <Aeldari> special rules and strategems. If you have enough units you want a Cult detachment and a Harlie detachment so they can each use their own special rules.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Finished with my Warboss Kaptin, at least until the roller comes in (to do the base)

I made a peg leg then figured if all my Nobz have a hat, the only way he can make sure he is in charge would be to have two hats.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

OhDearGodNo posted:

Finished with my Warboss Kaptin, at least until the roller comes in (to do the base)

I made a peg leg then figured if all my Nobz have a hat, the only way he can make sure he is in charge would be to have two hats.

I love the hell out of everything about this Warboss. Great work!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

OhDearGodNo posted:

This is amazingly perfect Orky logic.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I played my first game of 40k since 3rd ed today and got tabled super hard. Like he still had 900 points out of 1500. Kastelan robots wreck some poo poo, man. Good lord.

The only unit of mine that did anything was the tzaangors, which seem hilariously good for their point cost. Anyways, I mostly lost the game in deployment.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I played my first game of 40k since 3rd ed today and got tabled super hard. Like he still had 900 points out of 1500. Kastelan robots wreck some poo poo, man. Good lord.

The only unit of mine that did anything was the tzaangors, which seem hilariously good for their point cost. Anyways, I mostly lost the game in deployment.

I first realised how good the Kastelans were when they took out my buddy's Repulsor without it getting to fire a shot. He was not impressed.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

mango sentinel posted:

So long as units share a keyword they can be in a battleforged army together, those are both <Aeldari>. You can run them both in a single detachment but that limits you to using <Aeldari> special rules and strategems. If you have enough units you want a Cult detachment and a Harlie detachment so they can each use their own special rules.

This isn't true for Matched Play any more, you can't field single detachments where the most specific keyword is IMPERIUM, CHAOS or AELDARI, it needs to be a step below that i.e. ASURYANI, DRUKHARI, or HARLEQUINS. Eldar have the ready-made YNNARI keyword for exactly this though, or of course you can also just run two separate detachments as part of the same army.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

gilljoy posted:

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Wych hair should not be this hard. This should not be driving me as nuts as it is. I'm doing a pale blue skin, nearly white at the highlighted parts, with green hair. I'm going to be cleaning this up until I die.

I feel like it's not even the most difficult part of the model, just "table angle" makes any errors really pop.

Kill Team is still way good and I'm really hoping I don't get totally snowed out from playing tomorrow. I really can't get over how weird it feels to be hype about GW stuff again after so long.

If you have a Succubus, a squad of Wyches, a Troupe Master and a squad of Harlequins, you could easily just run 2 patrol detatchments, then you just start adding Drukhari stuff to the Wyches and Harlequin stuff to the Harlequins.

Unless I got mixed up and a patrol detachment is 1HQ and 2 Troops in which case you'll need more Wyches + Troupe...guys.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

BSF test mini is good to go. I really hope GW makes a full army of these guys.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
What's the meaningful difference between Stormboyz and Kommanodos? It seems they're both designed to deep strike, but that Kommandos are given more anti-vehicle options, and Stormboyz are more mobile throughout the game. Is that pretty much it?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Lincoln posted:

What's the meaningful difference between Stormboyz and Kommanodos? It seems they're both designed to deep strike, but that Kommandos are given more anti-vehicle options, and Stormboyz are more mobile throughout the game. Is that pretty much it?

That’s really it to be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Snikrot is the main difference.