Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Coolguye posted:

i also would have accepted "secondary site quarrying operation"

Also plunking down a pile of deep Miner devices on a marble floor.

Prepare for bugs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
That's just chemfuel on demand.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Exactly! No down side.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

boar guy posted:

...beyond the task priorities list?

Does it let you disable enable skills for all pawns in one click somehow?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I'm still hoping this mod would get updated before I enable infestation again. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1319614331

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

jokes posted:

Interesting. Is it like 90% wealth/ 10% time or 60/40. I ask because I have limited military strength because Randy is stingy with qualified soldiers this time around so I mostly have had to rely on traps thus far.

Don't be too strict on what qualified means. Qualified for me is "can you hold a rifle?" They'll get better at actually hitting with the thing, assuming they survive.

Largejaroalmonds
Sep 25, 2007
Anyone tried out Simple Slavery yet? Guess it's similar to Prison Labor.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1635565299

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Largejaroalmonds posted:

Yeah, for an “evil pirate” playthrough. It makes the game hella easy, just keep them shackled and restricted to indoors and they can never escape. Eventually they’ll get Stockholm syndrome and you can use them like any other colonist. Every raid just provides free labor.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Largejaroalmonds posted:

Oh hey, I missed that mod! IIRC last I got obsessed with RW it was A17 and that hadn't been updated since. Nice! It actually feels a little more humane (other than the collar and broken will stuff) because you can build proper little penal compounds for them and furnish them with recreation. I'll probably uninstall prison labor for this, its overall more robust.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

:catstare:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Having to schlepp your slaves to the nearest settlement to sell them got boring. I wish you could request regular caravans from friendly settlements like in Dorf Fortress.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

The problem I see with the slavery mod is that it's rather overpowered compared to prison labour(Pawns can do any job rather than just a few ones like crafting or mining)

Also about caravans, is there a way to increase how much a pawn can carry?(Mod or otherwise)

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Nalesh posted:

The problem I see with the slavery mod is that it's rather overpowered compared to prison labour(Pawns can do any job rather than just a few ones like crafting or mining)

Also about caravans, is there a way to increase how much a pawn can carry?(Mod or otherwise)

Anything that increases manipulation increases carrying capacity.

You're using pack animals too, right? Muffalo are my preferred, due to wool/milk production and one of the faster move speeds among common pack animals (camels and alpacas).

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Vengarr posted:

Having to schlepp your slaves to the nearest settlement to sell them got boring. I wish you could request regular caravans from friendly settlements like in Dorf Fortress.
Build a comms console.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

HelloSailorSign posted:

Anything that increases manipulation increases carrying capacity.

You're using pack animals too, right? Muffalo are my preferred, due to wool/milk production and one of the faster move speeds among common pack animals (camels and alpacas).

I'm in an extreme desert, first animals I saw that weren't sentient cacti or bugs was dromedaries that a trader just sent, of course I snagged em up :v:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

ShadowHawk posted:

Build a comms console.

I forgot that was a feature tbh.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

My long running colony died due to 30 manhunting foxes overwhelming them, rip.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Always stack up behind an open door on man hunters. You can get a 3 to one advantage and fight them one at a time.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I have too much poo poo laying around and it's pissing everyone off. Also, 1000+ fecal sludge and endless plant scraps.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Yeah I just installed the 1.0 version of Fertile Fields and yikes that's a lot of bull poo poo plant matter.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

There a good way to go slavin'? Something that just knocks out a bunch of strangers for easy capture?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Uranium or plasteel clubs.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

FISHMANPET posted:

Yeah I just installed the 1.0 version of Fertile Fields and yikes that's a lot of bull poo poo plant matter.

Yeah, I turned it waaaaay down. There's a slider in the mod settings that allows you to modify how much plant matter you get per harvest.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Using the hygiene mod too and it gives sprinklers that create a zone of fertile soil, which is easier to manage. Or... could disable plant matter and also make the chance to lose fertile 0%.

Hmm.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

FISHMANPET posted:

I built a biofuel refinery and have infinite chemfuel just thanks to my fields :v: set the bill to use plant matter only and still can't use all of it..

Besides chemfuel generators, how do you use chemfuel? I have like 1500 cans of fuel now and growing

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I turn poo poo into chemfuel and plant scraps into compost. Even if you dont care about upping soil fertility, fertilizer sells for a decent price.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Chemfuel is fuel for transport pods and is an ingredient for mortar shells. You might also have modded vehicles into the game; those typically take chemfuel too.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

My favorite vehicle mod is Trading Economy Enhanced, which uses animals skinned as vehicles that can be ridden with Giddy-Up. I once had two hoverbikes self-tame.

(Don't actually use this mod, it's terrible poo poo)

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Just leave random piles of chemfuel around the map. Spice the experience up a bit for your raiders.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

My favorite vehicle mod is Trading Economy Enhanced, which uses animals skinned as vehicles that can be ridden with Giddy-Up. I once had two hoverbikes self-tame.

(Don't actually use this mod, it's terrible poo poo)

The machine spirits chose you! The Omnissiah regulates your circuits!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
What IS a good vehicle mod? I've never actually looked but until Dropships gets an official release, I could use some better transportation than just sending chemfuel and components along with my dudes to rebuild a new launcher

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

Danaru posted:

What IS a good vehicle mod? I've never actually looked but until Dropships gets an official release, I could use some better transportation than just sending chemfuel and components along with my dudes to rebuild a new launcher

I'm using this one:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1536615776

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Pharnakes posted:

Uranium or plasteel clubs.
Wood maces are a bit more likely to knock out without killing or destroying a vital body part. Plasteel maces are just as fast attacking but a bit more oopmh.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I learned AFTER toxic fallout that really was a bit of a disaster that plant scraps have a nutritional value, but I'm also using WM Smarter Food Selection and Plant Matter gets classified as a planted plant by Food Selection and planted plants aren't in any of the default diets, so your animals won't eat it unless you set their diet to Unrestricted.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I got a tillable soil mod and it's really great. Y'all are gonna be happy pretending humanity never figured out a better way to farm poo poo than just putting a seed in the ground and coming back after a couple weeks/months? Please.

If anything tillable soil should be in the base game with a minor wood cost.

Anyways I got a shitload of wooden clubs and bashed up all over a little bandit camp with a doctor joining the raiding group. All but one of them got captured. Neat!

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I was running into an issue where the crafted rich soil and tilled soil was being undone by the "wet soil" tile change from Nature's Pretty Sweet, so I opted to use the sprinklers to raise the growth instead of tilling.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I tried using that one and it seemed cumbersome and finicky, even more so than the dropship mod. (which I am still using a beta version of and it works just fine, except you have to manually refuel it unless there is nothing, and I mean nothing else for your pawns to do, and if you land it before a scout pod there is always a pirate base underneath you, so always send a scout pod)

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I've played enough games now that I'm getting a lot of repeat names and I have so many colonists that I can't remember if my current Sam is a melee dude or if that was the Sam from my last game and now he's a pacifist.

Is there a mod that will let me modify the colonist icons at the top of the screen so I can easily ID melee/shooting/pacifists? I've got everyone in marine armor and they all look the same now. I think I remember seeing a mod that even might have put weapon icons on the colonist icons? That would be even better.

Also a mod that gives me more different colonist names would be nice...

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Have you tried assigning them nicknames? They should take priority over the regular names at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Guess I should have searched a bit more... gonna try out the Colonist Bar [KF] and NamesGalore mods.