Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Parliament will revoke a50 on March 29 at 11:58 pm. It will be a total disaster for Brittan, but less so than no deal Brexit.

This would be great and par for the course as the leave time is 11pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There's no way French wouldn't be an official EU language if we had to get a new one, and nobody wants that.

It already is though, just like Irish and Maltese and Finnish etc. You probably mean working language of which it already is one, together with English and German iirc, even though I think that most people in Brussels just use English for their day-to-day work which would be unlikely to change after Brexit

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
French is also the main working language of the ECJ (which on individual cases gets supplemented by the langauge of the Member State concerned).

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Most British people can barely speak English anyway.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Why is Farage still seen as a smart hero by the far right when he's a racist, drunken pepe in reality? Is it literally because he declared he did everything he got into politics for and left ukip before it imploded?

Sometimes I think he left because leave wasn't supposed to win so he could coast into better offices on being anti-EU. A bit like how Turmp didn't want to be President and it's super obvious.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/alexbloor/status/1089450073946238976

leaver.jpg

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhyORjJ00Rk

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

An insane mind posted:

Why is Farage still seen as a smart hero by the far right when he's a racist, drunken pepe in reality?

:thunk:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

You're not suggesting they're the same... Oh God

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

boomers.jpg

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

An insane mind posted:

Why is Farage still seen as a smart hero by the far right when he's a racist, drunken pepe in reality? Is it literally because he declared he did everything he got into politics for and left ukip before it imploded?

Sometimes I think he left because leave wasn't supposed to win so he could coast into better offices on being anti-EU. A bit like how Turmp didn't want to be President and it's super obvious.

his supporters love him because hes a racist dumbass and hes never been in an actual position of power so he hasn't dissapointed them

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Genuinely curious, what do these people think they're getting out of this?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Broken Cog posted:

Sticking it to the man. Or more specifically, sticking it to people not in their social or demographic group. That's it, don't try and read more into it, there isn't anything.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Broken Cog posted:

Straighter bananas.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh cool, you found someone as stupid as you.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1089861573898878977

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Farm Frenzy posted:

his supporters love him because hes a racist dumbass and hes never been in an actual position of power so he hasn't dissapointed them

But wasn't winning leave his moment in the sun, where he had the chance to make ukip dictate policy for years and he just went lol no I'm out. I am feeling really dumb here in not understanding the why and I'm sorry if I'm coming off as disingenuous.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Splendid posted:

Straighter bananas.

I thought the bananas were not bendy enough? This is so confusing

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol May is such a bad leader but the rebellious tories can’t get rid of her because they don’t want Corbyn or boris leading the show

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Broken Cog posted:

Vengeance against their children.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

An insane mind posted:

But wasn't winning leave his moment in the sun, where he had the chance to make ukip dictate policy for years and he just went lol no I'm out. I am feeling really dumb here in not understanding the why and I'm sorry if I'm coming off as disingenuous.

His whole grift was whinging about the EU and demanding we leave it, etc etc. Leave winning was a disaster for him and his party in the same way that winning the presidency was a disaster for Trump

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Broken Cog posted:

Basic workers' rights, social benefits, all that jazz everybody below a certain income level wants. They just also want to deny it to the nebulous Others, because capitalism maintains that there must be an oppressed class in order for others to prosper, and they keep getting told that their prosperity is just around the corner, the boot just needs to be put on the neck of one more marginalized group first.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Barry Foster posted:

His whole grift was whinging about the EU and demanding we leave it, etc etc. Leave winning was a disaster for him and his party in the same way that winning the presidency was a disaster for Trump

Yup, this. He'll be back in the party the moment Brexit happens to moan that it's not good enough and it's all the fault of the conservatives/liberals/eu/deep state.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Actually leaving the EU also leaves him and all the other ukip meps out of their high paying job for doing gently caress all

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Basic workers' rights, social benefits, all that jazz everybody below a certain income level wants. They just also want to deny it to the nebulous Others, because capitalism maintains that there must be an oppressed class in order for others to prosper, and they keep getting told that their prosperity is just around the corner, the boot just needs to be put on the neck of one more marginalized group first.

This is what I figured. I'm guessing the Leave campaign promises really struck home with a large chunk of the populace.
It's sad seeing people knowingly throw their children under the bus like that, but I guess he thinks they're well enough off that they can weather it.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Broken Cog posted:

This is what I figured. I'm guessing the Leave campaign promises really struck home with a large chunk of the populace.
It's sad seeing people knowingly throw their children under the bus like that, but I guess he thinks they're well enough off that they can weather it.

He threw his kid under the Airbus :D

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Broken Cog posted:

no more migrants

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

An insane mind posted:

He doesn't actually want to dictate policy, because then he'd have to reveal that he had no one's best interests at heart outside of himself and his fellow grifters. Trump's presidency has been an absolute disaster for the working class, and Farage wouldn't have the backing of the US media and political apparatus. May's coalition is only holding together because the opposition is actually left-of-center.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol cool just NHS chiefs having a very sudden meltdown as no deal looks increasingly likely

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1089867725621682176?s=19

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Very close to panic is stiff-upperlip speak for apoplectic right?

E- and thanks all for the information on Farage, I should have realised he's just a literal 2 b(r)it grifter stepping aside until he can continue to grift.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

You ready?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I work with various public sector orgs and every workshop we've held has multiple people basically going "isn't brexit going to gently caress us though?" and we have to stop them because there's only so many times you can have the "it's all hosed and there's nothing we can do to stop it" discussion before it becomes not useful

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Remember when KFC made a slight change to its distribution model, resulting in them running out of chicken one afternoon, and creating horrified masses of people who had no idea what to do? Some of them called the police, others just sat in the street in front of the KFC, confused and not eating anything.

Now imagine that happening to every element of the economy at the same time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

twoday posted:

Remember when KFC made a slight change to its distribution model, resulting in them running out of chicken one afternoon, and creating horrified masses of people who had no idea what to do? Some of them called the police, others just sat in the street in front of the KFC, confused and not eating anything.

Now imagine that happening to every element of the economy at the same time.

I still want to see that Boondocks clip dubbed over with extremely British accents.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I still want to see that Boondocks clip dubbed over with extremely British accents.

Whole episode works great

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Very brave and zen of the British to slash their emissions and waste generation by all starving to death

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Brexit will improve my life, because, brainworms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhtYYjV6ITs

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CactusWeasle posted:

Brexit will improve my life, because, brainworms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhtYYjV6ITs

I really like that radio guy; he's such a ballbuster without getting all shouty. :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1089883202339172354

https://twitter.com/TomBoadle/status/1089879657871278082

adequate food