Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Its amazing that 1982 predicted what happens when teachers bring guns, but I guess films like these is where the right drew inspiration for their ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Bicyclops posted:

It's when a guy has all of his conversations with a woman's boobs instead of her face because he stares at them.

Or when you attach puppets to your boobs and make them have conversations on a stage, teaching life lessons to to an audience.

Mine just speak on their own, is that not normal? :ohdear:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1089909561761382400

:thunk:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/kkondik/status/1089904914531266560?s=21

This is what everyone needs to remember when they are concerned about Schultz or Bloomberg running

3 rust belt states went to Trump by margins of a few thousand votes, even a spoiler can nudge the political calculus just enough to create a drastically different outcome

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/kkondik/status/1089904914531266560?s=21

This is what everyone needs to remember when they are concerned about Schultz or Bloomberg running

6% in the "right" states here or there can make all the difference. It may well have in WI and MI in 2016. It may have in FL in 2000. We'll never know. But I hope this tweet doesn't mean they're saying such a run doesn't have the potential to gently caress everything up in 2020 because it most definitely does.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

We ever tabulate a full list somewhere of Goon Twitter accounts? I remember them being posted a long while ago.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

friendbot2000 posted:

Lol Trump really is President Deals
So there's this real problem with preventive medicine where the preventive procedure is no cost, but the procedure to fix the problem found isn't. The particular problem I'm facing right now is colonoscopy. The doctor finds a polyp, they're going to remove it because why the hell would you not remove it? The preventive procedure worked!

Except we now have a member told they're going in for a free preventive care procedure and now it's not free at all.

So you tell them, "hey, by the way, if you have polyps you're going to have a deductible." Great, another obstacle/excuse for a guy who doesn't want the doctor to touch his butt.

Anyway my point here is that Trump has the dumbest take on a real problem.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Crow Jane posted:

Mine just speak on their own, is that not normal? :ohdear:

As long as they don't start making sexually inappropriate comments, in which case someone is going to have to write them up.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/jentaub/status/1089193853230505984?s=12

This is one hell of a thread. Where is this access coming from?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Poque posted:

From what I'm seeing through a quick perusal (because gently caress reading a hundred tweets, c'mon), I think she's trying to make the point that we already know more than enough about all this stuff to take action now-- everything she's saying seems to be publicly known things, indictments, quotes, etc.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Bicyclops posted:

As long as they don't start making sexually inappropriate comments, in which case someone is going to have to write them up.

Weirdly, they only speak ancient Sumerian, I have no idea what they're actually saying.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

friendbot2000 posted:

Lee Carter is live tweeting the Committee Votes in the VA House of Delegates and it is glorious.

It's great that the VA GOP will continue to self-own itself into irrelevance. They ran loving Corey Stewart as a Senate candidate!

The rural VA chuds will always keep them alive unfortunately but the formerly-GOP suburbs are probably lost for several years unless they go back to voting for non-Trump Republicans

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Teddybear posted:

From what I'm seeing through a quick perusal (because gently caress reading a hundred tweets, c'mon), I think she's trying to make the point that we already know more than enough about all this stuff to take action now-- everything she's saying seems to be publicly known things, indictments, quotes, etc.

That makes sense. It's really nice to see it all in one spot. Jesus. Even when it's all pure evil, it's insane how a slow trickle can make it seem less than monumental when another bit drops.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Poque posted:

That looks like it is mostly from cobbled together publically released information so it's likely that she doesn't have actual access and it was just bad wording

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

Weirdly, they only speak ancient Sumerian, I have no idea what they're actually saying.

Crowley was the last great breast-speaker, and, alas his secrets died with him.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

3 rust belt states went to Trump by margins of a few thousand votes, even a spoiler can nudge the political calculus just enough to create a drastically different outcome

I understand your point, but in this specific instance, the rust belt will not be voting for Howard loving Schultz.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

This is very compelling and I am eager to learn what else of his platform he is unwilling to share.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Poque posted:

114 tweets. What the gently caress?

Scrolling through it mostly looks like it is just drawing from conclusions from Mueller's indictments and plea deals.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

"platform? idk man. who knows what i would do as president? vote for me to find out!"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Poque posted:

there's literally no access she's just Seth Abramsoning

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

friendbot2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1089898662891847680

Lol Trump really is President Deals

Edit: Ilhan Omar liked my comment on one of her Tweets. What is this warm pleasant feeling in my cold, dark heart?

I started reading this without skimming down to see that it was Trump. For the first two paragraphs it sounded like a reasonably coherent, if naive, rundown of the situation; like, uh, no you do absolutely get a line-item invoice for your medical procedures, the problem is that everything has two or three more zeroes on it than you a normal human being can deal with. And you usually don't find out about any of them up-front or have a choice as to whether you get them or not.

I got to "You don't do that with the medical" and went waaaiiiitasec... oh right, :sad:

And then I read the third paragraph and holy fuckin lol

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 28, 2019

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Poque posted:

There's no special access here, she's just speculating based on what we already know. Which is... fine. It's kind of an expectations management game. The argument here is basically that we have enough so don't worry about the final report, because no matter what it's enough. That's objectively not true, though, because the only criteria for it being "enough" is if action is being taken, and right now action isn't being taken by Congress.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
YouTube to curb recommending conspiracy videos

quote:

Video network YouTube responded to critics who have long called on the Google company to clean up its recommendation engine and not offer conspiracy videos in suggested plays.

In a blog post posted Friday, YouTube said it will begin to reduce recommending "Borderline content and content that could misinform users in harmful ways - such as videos promoting a phony miracle cure for a serious illness, claiming the earth is flat, or making blatantly false claims about historic events like 9/11.".

About loving time

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

my bony fealty posted:

It's great that the VA GOP will continue to self-own itself into irrelevance. They ran loving Corey Stewart as a Senate candidate!

The rural VA chuds will always keep them alive unfortunately but the formerly-GOP suburbs are probably lost for several years unless they go back to voting for non-Trump Republicans
Who knows, Trump is Trump... but generally when you lose a demographic, they stay lost unless the party makes a conscious sustained effort to re-obtain their votes. I think we'll know in 2022* whether the suburbs will stay blue and not a day before.

*assuming Trump loses

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Poque posted:

reading the thread it's obvious they mean they have metaphorically seen them. Like "you think there might be nothing in that thing? all the arrests we already have are in it!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Poque posted:

It's coming from already released public documents and indictments, not additional access

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

A lot of the suburbs are being filled with younger people and immigrants that work in the city. Plus, the VA Dem machine has some serious boots on the ground and that is driving turnout in a major way. 2017 was remarkable because the Democrats came to play and didn't just half-rear end their ground game. Also, the grassroots groundswell was something to behold. I was up until 5AM just glued to the coverage.

2017 was a huge bellweather and 2018 showed that Richmond isn't safe for the Republicans either as more and more millennials move there. The Democrats have the GOP on the ropes and 2019 will determine if we land a killing blow.

friendbot2000 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 28, 2019

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

What is with these CEOs look at Trump and go "hmm I want to put my credibility and fortune on the line to have that"

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

That's as dumb as when, after Hulk Hogan "announced" he would run for president in 98, he went on Jay Leno and Leno asked him what party he'd align with, and what his views were.

He responded: "You know, I think I'm right down the middle."

Obviously he had no real intention of running, which makes Mr. poo poo Coffee's statement even more laughable.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Lol at Howard saying the debt is the greatest domestic threat in the nation.

“Donald Trump is awful, and I can’t abide by his anti-immigrant rhetoric and actions, when in fact, the real existential threat to our world is this safety net and welfare system”

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 28, 2019

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

THe market is having a rough day. While it is folly to try to determine a single cause, I did get this email from the Whitehouse this morning.

quote:

Thanks to President Trump, China's Economy Is Rapidly Decelerating

“President Trump is exposing China’s economic vulnerability, showing that the communist nation cannot maintain its rapid growth without it patently unfair mercantilist trade policies,” former executive Andy Puzder writes in Fox News.

“For the first time in decades, the U.S. has openly challenged Beijing’s aggressive trade manipulations, slapping targeted counter-tariffs on Chinese goods and pressuring the Communist regime to change its protectionist policies. So far, the strategy has been remarkably successful, forcing Beijing to lower its tariffs on U.S. automobile manufacturers by 25 percent while continuing to negotiate with the White House on a potential trade deal.”

This section was followed by a link to Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/thanks-to-trump-chinas-economy-is-rapidly-decelerating-heres-what-could-happen-next

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

This is clickbait bullshit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Peacoffee posted:

Lol at Howard saying the debt is the greatest domestic threat in the nation.

“Donald Trump is awful, and I can’t abide by his anti-immigrant rhetoric and actions, when in fact, the real existential threat to our world is this safety net and welfare system”

It's a bigger a problem as you get more billions of dollars.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Peacoffee posted:

Crowley was the last great breast-speaker, and, alas his secrets died with him.

damnit AOC

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Priapus Unbound posted:

THe market is having a rough day. While it is folly to try to determine a single cause, I did get this email from the Whitehouse this morning.

This section was followed by a link to Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/thanks-to-trump-chinas-economy-is-rapidly-decelerating-heres-what-could-happen-next

Wasn't China's economy rapidly decelerating before Trump even started his dumb trade war?

Edit: iirc correctly they had to increase the stranglehold on their currency because of the crash in their markets. Then everyone started hiding their money in Canadian real estate to protect it from devaluing.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Poque posted:

She appears to just be talking about what's already been released to the public via the indictments so far.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Now they just need to curb all the recommendations for 'tunderf00t OWNS anita sarkeesian'.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

mcmagic posted:

It's a bigger a problem as you get more billions of dollars.

No it isn't

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ilhan/status/1089919715458379776

Lol Ilhan has been spitting more fire lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

skylined! posted:

This is very compelling and I am eager to learn what else of his platform he is unwilling to share.

You laugh, but this poo poo worked on Ontarians. :canada: