Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Wasabi the J posted:

Wait, is it pronounced Ubisoft or Ubisoft?

It's like when people say "an historic moment."

If you go by what the name comes from, which is "Ubiquitous Software," then it would be "yoo-bih-soft."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I'm so sad right now. I recorded a glitch from the new BG&E release and I had to reformat my computer after and can't find it on my backup drive.

Double-H got attacked by a Crocax and was on the ground. I killed it, but he was still lying there gyrating, humping the air. Even had his hands up gently caressing his invisible lover's mandibles. I ran off to transition to a new area, because he wouldn't get up and kept taking damage but... He air-hosed himself to death instead.

He did it a second time in the same spot.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
I'll try my best to explain this one, but in Destiny 2 I experienced a really odd glitch in a mission called "The Machinist."

To preface, there are two instanced missions that take place in roughly the same area called "The Rider" and "The Machinist" where you hunt down a bad guy. The Rider involves hopping on a pike (weaponized hover bike) and using that to traverse and fight the boss, who also fights solely from a pike. The Machinist starts in the same area as The Rider, however The Rider begins with the boss spawning in front of you on a pike and racing off.

I started doing The Machinist mission and as soon as I got to the first area, a pike rider with the same name as the boss from The Rider spawned in front of me. I instinctively shot at it and killed it (it had as much health as a normal enemy) and then was greeted with the mission complete dialogue and dumped out of the mission. I was not given credit for completing The Machinist and I'm still scratching my head over how the two missions managed to become entwined like that.

This was the normal, leveling version of the mission, not the heroic version.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

larchesdanrew posted:

I'll try my best to explain this one, but in Destiny 2 I experienced a really odd glitch in a mission called "The Machinist."

To preface, there are two instanced missions that take place in roughly the same area called "The Rider" and "The Machinist" where you hunt down a bad guy. The Rider involves hopping on a pike (weaponized hover bike) and using that to traverse and fight the boss, who also fights solely from a pike. The Machinist starts in the same area as The Rider, however The Rider begins with the boss spawning in front of you on a pike and racing off.

I started doing The Machinist mission and as soon as I got to the first area, a pike rider with the same name as the boss from The Rider spawned in front of me. I instinctively shot at it and killed it (it had as much health as a normal enemy) and then was greeted with the mission complete dialogue and dumped out of the mission. I was not given credit for completing The Machinist and I'm still scratching my head over how the two missions managed to become entwined like that.

This was the normal, leveling version of the mission, not the heroic version.

Because the completion script does not take into account that you might be doing something else on the same map, but the "normal mission" prevented the "boss mission rules" from taking over is my best guess.

This also means that your save game might be hosed, because the unintended skip in the script makes further events unable to fire because some flags are missing. If it works correctly then it is OK, but for example in GTA5 I had to redo most of the game because of some bullshit involving helicopter-based mission or something, can remember.

And that one Skyrim mission involving going to slave labor mine as an inmate is famous for loving up several console saves due to the player seeing 1h later that the mine is unescapeable because of scripted things missing from the map.

Der Kyhe has a new favorite as of 19:10 on Jan 14, 2019

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

failing forward posted:

Even had his hands up gently caressing his invisible lover's mandibles.

Had to re-read this sentence a few times to remember that sometimes the phrase is meant literally.

Doc Hawkins has a new favorite as of 19:27 on Jan 14, 2019

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Der Kyhe posted:

Because the completion script does not take into account that you might be doing something else on the same map, but the "normal mission" prevented the "boss mission rules" from taking over is my best guess.

This also means that your save game might be hosed, because the unintended skip in the script makes further events unable to fire because some flags are missing. If it works correctly then it is OK, but for example in GTA5 I had to redo most of the game because of some bullshit involving helicopter-based mission or something, can remember.

And that one Skyrim mission involving going to slave labor mine as an inmate is famous for loving up several console saves due to the player seeing 1h later that the mine is unescapeable because of scripted things missing from the map.

It's all online so no saved game. I redid the mission right after and it all went off fine. Just a weird glitch :shrug:

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

Wait, is it pronounced Ubisoft or Ubisoft?

It's like when people say "an historic moment."

toi·​let

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Gann Jerrod posted:

I don’t know if this is a glitch or just laziness, but I’m playing Assassin’s Creed: Rogue, and there’s a mission where you rescue Native Americans being held hostage. This uses the same mechanics as a side quest you can do, and as a result, when I rescued a Native American woman she thanked me in a thick, male Scottish brogue.

That sorta thing happened to me in Red Dead Redemption. I was in a town and a random 'save townsperson' event triggered. A woman tore into town screaming for help, being chased by coyotes. I killed them, she said 'Thank you so much, mister!' then immediately started shrieking for help again and ran out of town.

And on that topic, anyone know what video I'm talking about here? A goon once posted footage of a quest-giver NPC in RDR showing up with the wrong model during the mission. The NPC showed up as a dog/coyote with a rifle in a mission to take down a gang.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

LadyPictureShow posted:

That sorta thing happened to me in Red Dead Redemption. I was in a town and a random 'save townsperson' event triggered. A woman tore into town screaming for help, being chased by coyotes. I killed them, she said 'Thank you so much, mister!' then immediately started shrieking for help again and ran out of town.

And on that topic, anyone know what video I'm talking about here? A goon once posted footage of a quest-giver NPC in RDR showing up with the wrong model during the mission. The NPC showed up as a dog/coyote with a rifle in a mission to take down a gang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFoMvLmfFEY

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Dude with the Solaire T-shirt knows what's up

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Something went very wrong in Surgeon Simulator...

:aaa:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Necrothatcher posted:

...or did something go very right

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Necrothatcher posted:

reminds me of playing Surgeon sim in VR, you can hold the heavy's mouth open and try and force tools in there, it's good fun.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
This is Surgeon Simulator, if you'd told me those were promotional screenshots I'd've believed you.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
cya shitlords

https://i.imgur.com/O7tEnre.mp4

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

What happened

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Sorry- that enemy is retreating into a spawning area where the players can't touch him, which he's not supposed to do. And he has to be killed to complete a particular raid encounter so that team is probably wiping now.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Stop, im laughing so hard im having a heart attack!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
If you have to explain it just so people can tell a glitch even happened, it probably isn't worth posting.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I could tell by the caption, and the behavior of the players. :)

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

Yeah, you’re smarter than me, but do you have a Costco card, big man??? Check and goddamn mate, my friend

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I thought it was a player character retreating to the safety of the darkness, which somehow actually protected them.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Doc Hawkins posted:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Necrothatcher posted:

its better in motion

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

fits posted:

its better in motion

Look, I know some people say de-jawing zombies is cruel, but it's the only way to make them safe. Wear them out chasing your gloved hand, then get 'em at just the right moment with the bone saw.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Cardiovorax posted:

If you have to explain it just so people can tell a glitch even happened, it probably isn't worth posting.

I mean I sort of gathered that the boss vanishing off into the inky blackness and the players just sitting there like :wtc: wasn't supposed to happen and I haven't even played D2

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

*Bloop!*

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

fits posted:

its better in motion

Who imported bethesda physics?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dewgy posted:

*Bloop!*

Who the hell shoots zombies in the stomach? Was a games journalist playing this?

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

RatHat posted:

Who the hell shoots zombies in the stomach? Was a games journalist playing this?

What's the glitch? Sorry I assume I'm missing something obvious

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He exploded the zombies head and it jumped up to the counter.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

RatHat posted:

Ah got it thanks!

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

So the zombie looking like he's about to start twerking was working as intended? I might have to get this game now.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Carnival of Shrews posted:

Look, I know some people say de-jawing zombies is cruel, but it's the only way to make them safe. Wear them out chasing your gloved hand, then get 'em at just the right moment with the bone saw.

Just don't do it in the back of a moving ambulance, that'd be crazy.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RatHat posted:

It’s my own clip, but if you check the bottom right, you’ll clearly see I had a real good reason for not caring where I hit. :v:

I was trying to see if I could bisect a zombie with the pistol. You can’t. :saddowns:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://i.imgur.com/lllpQZp.gifv

From SQUAD

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I really like the guy who steps into frame doing a "man what the gently caress" gesture at the tank.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Angry Diplomat posted:

I really like the guy who steps into frame doing a "man what the gently caress" gesture at the tank.

Typical Army...USAF rolls up with cutting edge flying tanks and Joe still isn't happy

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ezTshNMp8o&t=18s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Oh poo poo they're making a Bad Company 3?