Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
seriously I logged on to upload cool videos and ended up playing for two hours with krew that was good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Gunshow Poophole posted:

seriously I logged on to upload cool videos and ended up playing for two hours with krew that was good times

Hell yeah. :hf:

Streyr, Online_and_Nice, and I found a way to make squad conquest fun: place AP+AT mines around high traffic areas like supply and medical crates, doorways, and stairs. Squad wipes galore.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’ve been trying out new Assault Class guns and I am liking the hell out of the STG 44, especially after maxing out the part of the tree that reduces the recoil even more in both directions.

The dot sight is also very erotic.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls3GpoAuSQY

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Gonz posted:

I’ve been trying out new Assault Class guns and I am liking the hell out of the STG 44, especially after maxing out the part of the tree that reduces the recoil even more in both directions.

The dot sight is also very erotic.

Stg 44 with apature sight is a damned good killing tool

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

yellowcar posted:

Hell yeah. :hf:

Streyr, Online_and_Nice, and I found a way to make squad conquest fun: place AP+AT mines around high traffic areas like supply and medical crates, doorways, and stairs. Squad wipes galore.

Just gotta remember to keep building the supply stations that get blown up! But yeah that was incredible.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I got the gun from the first week of the Tides of War thingy. My love affair with squad conquest, which I had been enjoying, quickly soured when I realised it was only 3 maps. Like holy poo poo, I'm one of the few people calling this mode fun and good, but 3 maps on rotation is nowhere near enough.

I unlocked the MP40 and instantly felt like “that's my gun”. Being an iconic weapon, and getting a little 3 man killstreak the first time I ever touched the trigger was delightful.

Why are the weapon skins so poo poo? Like, seriously? The full chrome sets look like the fancy BF1 skins, a game where almost all the skins were good, but in BFV most of the skins are bad. I hate the whole mix and match aspect to it. Oh I levelled up and now I can paint one part of my gun like a piece of poo poo. Thanks Dice.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I unlocked the MAS44 today and I'm struggling to think of why anyone would use it over what assault already has. It feels similar to the ag42, which I didnt like at all. Assault has a plethora of good weapons so it feels like a waste to have another gun given to the class that needs the least work.

I do think medic is way better than people give credit now. The ZK is great for most engagements and having 5 smokes makes it incredible easy to attack points or revive teammates. Since the patch I've gone from it being my worst class to my best.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I get the hate for squad conquest and I'd never elect to play it again but we had a spectacular time fuckin around the other day

Five of us making up the team (and an occasional spy getting displaced to the enemy thanks Pete) made for a lot of fun coordinating defense of points

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I dont mind squad conquest at all, especially when you have a good team. I think I mostly just like the smaller maps, makes it more manageable

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
thank you (el)jebus for a true BF masterclass :golfclap:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

el jebus is my copilot

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
El jebus take the wheel

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

yellowcar posted:

Btw, this works in every game mode!

vivisectvnv posted:

thank you (el)jebus for a true BF masterclass :golfclap:

The Bananana posted:

el jebus is my copilot

lambskin posted:

El jebus take the wheel

https://youtu.be/iMLhWDU0CDI
https://youtu.be/QnzEtPr7egI

Maybe it’s best if I don't take the wheel of any more Kubelwagons.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

El Jebus posted:

https://youtu.be/QnzEtPr7egI
Maybe it’s best if I don't take the wheel of any more Kubelwagons.

wished i saved that clip as well now, because from the my 1st person perspective you just saw the dust coming up for the other kubel coming over the horizon and as it approached and became visible it
basically had the feels of the Akira bike jousting sequence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaMTTVcFZD8&t=134s

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 28, 2019

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
man i'm goin out of town for work so I can't upload but i landed another fully sick V-2 strike straight down the stacks at Bravo on Devastation last night

complete with smug commentary from the observer post lol

that was fun y'all

Jebus I hope you crashed out peacefully and not by like... breaking your PS4 or something

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Gunshow Poophole posted:

man i'm goin out of town for work so I can't upload but i landed another fully sick V-2 strike straight down the stacks at Bravo on Devastation last night

complete with smug commentary from the observer post lol

that was fun y'all

Jebus I hope you crashed out peacefully and not by like... breaking your PS4 or something

I've played too much siege to rage at a BF game. PlayStation is intact and well.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

What do you guys run as your AA tank load outs? I got the triple 20mm for the valentine, and doesn't seem to do much. Seems like AA tanks are mainly for harassing planes. I can never do more than like 35 damage per pass, and I'm either leading too much or not enough.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
AA is busted right now, wait until tomorrow's patch and try again.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

red19fire posted:

What do you guys run as your AA tank load outs? I got the triple 20mm for the valentine, and doesn't seem to do much. Seems like AA tanks are mainly for harassing planes. I can never do more than like 35 damage per pass, and I'm either leading too much or not enough.

I thought AA tanks were for harassing infantry? Especially that 4 gun german beast.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Yeah, I just use the German AA to drive through walls and shout "HELLO!" at infantry hiding behind said walls.

They hate it when you do that, by the way. Boy oh boy do they hate that.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Any details on tomorrow's update?

Also, I am absolutely in love with the ZK-383. With full upgrades down the right side, it's an absolute laser beast with 40-round mags so I can essentially fire forever. Its hipfire isn't quite as good as the Sten, but then again, what is?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

The Midniter posted:

Any details on tomorrow's update?

Also, I am absolutely in love with the ZK-383. With full upgrades down the right side, it's an absolute laser beast with 40-round mags so I can essentially fire forever. Its hipfire isn't quite as good as the Sten, but then again, what is?

From the other thread, full patch notes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
For the AA Valentine, I think it’s the other (Left?) side of the specialization tree that gives you case ammunition, which is very effective against infantry. Usually one or two hits at anything other than long range will kill a target. The standard 40mm cannon is okay against troops, usually taking three or four near hits to kill someone, and can definitely hurt other vehicles if you get the drop on them. It also helps that you get such a huge load of ammo (200 regular shells plus 40 case), so you can really do some damage. On maps or modes, Aerodrome on Breakthrough being the first that comes to my mind, it can ruin the other team if used properly.

Aside from that, AA is kinda hosed in an actual anti-aircraft role, but the next patch is supposed to fix that. I can’t say if the triple-barrel 20mm is any good, as I’ve never used and honestly can’t recall ever seeing it used so far. :shrug:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

From the other thread, full patch notes:

Patch Notes posted:

Skeet shooting: Improve your accuracy in the skeet shooting arena with various difficulty
levels.

gently caress yes

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Patch notes look great overall. Stug is probably going to suck though. The slow vehicle speed and turret rotation is the biggest tank weaknesses, against infantry and other tanks, and this is gonna be slow with no turret.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
mmmm, from my WOT days the two STUGs once upgraded had really good traverse and very very very nimble and an awesome low profile, so you can prone down and just be a dick pretty effectively

but like all german tanks, the reverse is ATROCIOUS, i'm glad they nailed that with the tiger

so it's hopefully like the inverse of the Brit "Gun Carrier"

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Hope you’re right. The way tanks are currently balanced I don’t like running anything other than the light tanks and so I’m only looking forward to more light tanks and AFVs. I hope they change because there are a lot of medium tanks I’d like to see added eventually.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

FastestGunAlive posted:

Hope you’re right. The way tanks are currently balanced I don’t like running anything other than the light tanks and so I’m only looking forward to more light tanks and AFVs. I hope they change because there are a lot of medium tanks I’d like to see added eventually.

Agreed. Unless you’re sitting back or are supported by minimum one full squad of infantry, the heavy tanks are killed too easily.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
AA tank exists to get destroyed by light tanks.

Seriously, there's nothing useful it does that the light tank with 20mm doesn't do better, and with better speed and a smaller profile.

I don't give a poo poo about planes, they're pretty much neutered in this game anyway.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

AA tank exists to get destroyed by light tanks.

Seriously, there's nothing useful it does that the light tank with 20mm doesn't do better, and with better speed and a smaller profile.

I don't give a poo poo about planes, they're pretty much neutered in this game anyway.

The case rounds on the Valentine AA are pretty drat awesome.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Well I finally finished the tides of war assigment and got my gun. Seems pretty decent, has some potential for upgrades. But mainly thank gently caress I don't need to play squad conquest again. Arras is the only decent map of the massive 3 in rotation, and Rotterdam is so bad it cancels it out.
Also I've got the revolver unlocked now and hell yeah that's an awesome secondary. Hell it's practically a primary for support with a MMG.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
The revolver has been the most bipolar sidearm in the game. It was awesome at launch, dogshit after they nerfed it, now it owns again.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Crawling the BFV reddit, per DICE it seems some massive tank changes are coming soon.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
in what sense?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

They're going to include these huge soviet tanks from Command & Conquer that would make the Char 2C from BF1 tiny. (this is a joke but would be funny)

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

vivisectvnv posted:

in what sense?

No clue, except that he was responding to a post about all the ways tanks are way too weak (most of which I agree with).

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/akr29z/why_are_tanks_so_shit_in_bfv/efa8v4t/

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I'd rather play five straight weeks of Squad Conquest-focused games like last week's Tides of War than any more Breakthrough. It's just such a meat grinder, and the games are so long. Good luck playing medic on any of the enormous maps with Assaults, Recons, and prone Supports sniping you from every single direction. Bah, I say.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Breakthrough is bad. It plays like they tried to combine the scale of Conquest with the focus of Rush or Frontlines and failed because the two are incompatible.

It's also seems biased to the defenders. Three rounds now and I haven't seen the attacking team take the first sector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Breakthrough is for people who enjoy 64 player metro.