Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

my bony fealty posted:

Who the heck is Schultz's constituency. Feel like outside of the corporate media bubble the desire for "centrism" is vanishingly small.

I can maybe imagine deluded "never-Trump" GOP voters supporting him?

He really doesn’t have one. Imagine if you took Trump but took away the overt White Nationalism and the reality TV celebrity status, he’d be absolutely nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
oregon strippers would probably get some effective social legislation passed and florida strippers would quickly salvage all available scrap metal and pawnable antiques from both chambers of congress

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

my bony fealty posted:

Who the heck is Schultz's constituency. Feel like outside of the corporate media bubble the desire for "centrism" is vanishingly small.

People who actually like Starbucks, probably.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's sad that all these people in these news organization are losing jobs yet we can't fire literally everyone that works for NBC.

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/1089914854079643648?s=19

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Cinnamon Pop-Tart Would Have Won :colbert:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Quorum posted:

Cinnamon Pop-Tart Would Have Won :colbert:

Cinnamon pop tarts lost because it focused too much on taste politics and the electorate was experiencing toasty anxiety

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Easy Diff posted:

Jacksonville, Florida, at 910 square miles, is the largest city in the US.

I did a book report in 8th grade, don't @ me

Home of the Randy "Macho Man" Savage Non-International Airport.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Don't blame me, I voted for Toaster Strudel

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Radish posted:

It's sad that all these people in these news organization are losing jobs yet we can't fire literally everyone that works for NBC.

What a loving turd. Why are Republican candidates never held to the same standards when they want to pass massive tax cuts for rich people?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Brown sugar cinnamon pres/frosted strawberry VP

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

People who actually like Starbucks, probably.

Ah, connoisseurs of the "burnt cardboard" coffee flavor profile

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Ultra Carp

Elias_Maluco posted:

I guess I just dont understand why such law would exist in the first place. I never heard of anything like that in any other nation

The technical reason IIRC is that after the Civil War, Congress passed a law stating that government agencies couldn't spend money that hadn't been allocated to them—which, you know, makes sense, don't want agencies blowing their budgets and spending shittons of money under the assumption that Congress will just foot the bill. Then, during the Carter Administration (Caaaarteeeer! :argh:), the Attorney General at the time decided that this law applied to lapses in funding brought about by budget impasses. It's dumb and stupid, but it's persisted because if there's one thing Republicans love it's taking hostages, and the government is the biggest hostage there is.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

Ah, connoisseurs of the "burnt cardboard" coffee flavor profile
Also so so much sugar

Isn't Starbucks one of the big War on Christmas baddies? I'd imagine that would lose him some conservative votes.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

What a loving turd. Why are Republican candidates never held to the same standards when they want to pass massive tax cuts for rich people?

Fiscal conservatism has always been code for auterity and massive tax cuts for the upper class without any basis in sound policy. It's just hilarious these poo poo fucks still trot out that line to chide Democrats when the Republicans are set to blow up the economy twice in a little more than a decade with highly irresponsible budgeting and expect anyone to buy it outside their incestual circle of pundits.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Cable Guy posted:

https://twitter.com/ProBirdRights/status/1088894395724685313

Hoping any bird-watchers in the thread might confirm this... that's a tit isn't it?
Tit for a tat.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

empty whippet box posted:

Brown sugar cinnamon pres/frosted strawberry VP

You misspelled cherry. Fight me.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

because these guys only hate the GOP because the GOP is outwardly uber socialy conservative and racist. if the GOP got smart and dropped that poo poo but kept the fecal conservatism, none of these assholes would poo poo on theme ever.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm personally not even letting Pop Tarts get out of the primary to run against Strudel. Will be checking my ballot for these:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I'm personally not even letting Pop Tarts get out of the primary to run against Strudel. Will be checking my ballot for these:

That's just the same old poo poo in a populist package.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

Also so so much sugar

Isn't Starbucks one of the big War on Christmas baddies? I'd imagine that would lose him some conservative votes.

For sure. And the "liberal Starbucks latte drinker" stereotype definitely still exists in the chud* mind, I can't imagine any of them supporting the Starbucks guy.

*in this usage encompassing all conservatives

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Sex Parliament isn't already a thing?

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

my bony fealty posted:

I think it's easy for influential and high ego people to mistake their pluralism for populism. With his career and connections I'm sure starbucks guy could spend all day interacting with one sycophant after another, and it's easy to start getting high off your own farts and forgetting that 99% of the voting base has to google you when they hear your name (or they would have to, but most won't even care enough to do that).

quote:

Yeah. I mean, Hillary more or less positioned herself as that candidate in 2016...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because these guys only hate the GOP because the GOP is outwardly uber socialy conservative and racist. if the GOP got smart and dropped that poo poo, none of these assholes would poo poo on theme ever.

The problem for them is there's a lot more racist assholes in this country than silver spoon elites who care about the deficit. They have been removed from the steering wheel of their party which is why they have been trying to make in roads with the Democrats but none of the base there wants them either. It's a bunch of people with wildly overinflated media influence not backed up by any popular support.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Radish posted:

I can't afford to feed my family, but I'm totally going to vote for the guy who makes fiscal responsibility and the national debt one of the major tenants of his campaign. :jerkbag:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Bicyclops posted:

HEB!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

fecal conservatism

Best typo ever.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

Radish posted:

Fiscal conservatism has always been code for auterity and massive tax cuts for the upper class without any basis in sound policy. It's just hilarious these poo poo fucks still trot out that line to chide Democrats when the Republicans are set to blow up the economy twice in a little more than a decade with highly irresponsible budgeting and expect anyone to buy it outside their incestual circle of pundits.

And then no one really continues the discussion about stuff like this: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/01/opinion/the-trump-tax-cut-even-worse-than-youve-heard.html

Nice job with those tax cuts. They really performed the way you expected them to.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Dumb stripper comment aside, have you ever seen someone look so angry while holding a bouquet of flowers? I need to know the story behind that photo.

Please toast.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I don't trust HEB. Too close to JEB.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mahoning posted:

I can't afford to feed my family, but I'm totally going to vote for the guy who makes fiscal responsibility and the national debt one of the major tenants of his campaign. :jerkbag:

ItS VeRy ImPoRTaNt!!!

Also it's double funny since Starbucks guy just said he isn't talking about his (sure to be unpopular) fiscal policy. This guy obviously just sides with the billionaire by default because he is a Serious Journalist.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

1glitch0 posted:

Dumb stripper comment aside, have you ever seen someone look so angry while holding a bouquet of flowers? I need to know the story behind that photo.

He was interrupted while feeding on the insects in the flowers.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

my bony fealty posted:

Right now his most valuable constituency is the circle of "advisors" and political grifters he's doubtlessly attracted who see a year and a half long gravy train if they yes-man him into running.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Oxyclean posted:

I don't trust HEB. Too close to JEB.

Hey, the B in HEB only stands for Butt. JEB is a butt.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Maybe it's at a funeral?

The Super-Id posted:

He was interrupted while feeding on the insects in the flowers.

It's probably this tho.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

1glitch0 posted:

Yes. Me. Because then I'm all like "Wtf do I do with these now? I don't even own a vase!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crow Jane posted:

That's just the same old poo poo in a populist package.

this is the fattest thing I've said in a while but the HEB pop tarts are actually pretty good because they seem to have more filling and don't get so dry.

Undocumented Gamer
Jan 9, 2019

The Sean posted:

I dont think ive seen this before, so ill eat a probate if i have to

But i just found out my dad died. and he really hated george w. We talked about bush for hours and hours and about how bad he and his supporters were for the country. We werent talking during the trump years. Post your best gently caress yous to bush if you want. Idk

Sorry for your loss.
I present to you, the best of the worst quotes of Dubya:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1089855883973140480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

CmdrRiker posted:

Yes. Me. Because then I'm all like "Wtf do I do with these now? I don't even own a vase!"

My best guess is they're from his wife's lover and he just read the card and she happened to have a camera.