Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I was planning on just stunning one of the closest guards and taking the hit from the other if need be. If I take the top right starting tile and the other one gets into my melee range, I can just stun him next turn and circle left. That should slow them down enough for us to deal with the ranged attackers before they catch up. I'm thinking I'll use the invisibility cloak in a couple turns to jump at the ranged enemies, because getting two free turns on them probably gets the most bang for the buck. Whatever's behind the doors will have a chokepoint to contend with.

You think so? I'm not sure stopping the guard spawns is worth the risk and taking the Mindthief out of combat for 4+ turns. It's not like letting the guards spawn will slow us down particularly, since the scenario goal is to kill 15 goat people. All we stand to lose is a handful of loot tokens. I think the better strategy is to clear out the main room first, since, as pointed out, the Inox enemies are tough but slow. We can deal with them if we control the engagement, but making a mad dash into the fray is gonna cost a lot of resources for the net gain of fighting a larger group of enemies rather than dealing with a trickle at our leisure.

If you're worried about the chest, again, the Inox are real slow, and the scenario is won at 15 kills. It shouldn't be too hard to make a dash for the other doors when we're near victory without letting the enemies catch up, and killing a couple once the booty is secured. That is, if it's not just sitting in the central hut and waiting for us to pick it up at our leisure.

I mean, it's losing 1 loot token per guy spawned on top of losing any treasure or loot tiles in other rooms. Since spawned enemies don't drop a loot token.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Road event option A

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I recommend waiting to see the results of the road event and your battle goals are before picking the cards for your hand and planning a first turn strat. Those 2 things may have a huge effect on your decisions.

Having an overall game plan is great though and I'm enjoying the chat on that :munch:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I think this is the mission where I realized that the party is not, in fact, The Good Guys.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Road Event: Option A. It seems like a Bioware "save a puppy" / "kick a puppy" choice, and The Torch Thieves aren't that kind of jerks. Mostly.

For this scenario, my group went with hustling to the far side of the room to take on the ranged Inox while leaving the slow guards behind, but we were pretty squishy and also not very good at Gloomhaven.

I (Bullwinkle T. Brute) will start in one of the two forward-most hexes, I've said C9 unless it's already taken in which case E9.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Corbeau posted:

I think this is the mission where I realized that the party is not, in fact, The Good Guys.

Shades of grey

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Ripley posted:

I (Bullwinkle T. Brute) will start in one of the two forward-most hexes, I've said C9 unless it's already taken in which case E9.

My opening salvo requires me to be in range 2 of a guard, and since we're feinting left I'll take E9.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

I recommend waiting to see the results of the road event and your battle goals are before picking the cards for your hand and planning a first turn strat. Those 2 things may have a huge effect on your decisions.

Having an overall game plan is great though and I'm enjoying the chat on that :munch:

You didn't receive a PM setting the deadline for the end of today. (We have already chosen our battle goals.)

I'm guessing we'll be given a chance to modify our plans if the road event matters.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Narsham posted:

You didn't receive a PM setting the deadline for the end of today. (We have already chosen our battle goals.)

I'm guessing we'll be given a chance to modify our plans if the road event matters.

You have 12 hours! :haw:

Nah no big deal. IMHO this scenario is really easy.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Dude, we came super close to losing it. My Cragheart was the last one standing.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

dwarf74 posted:

Dude, we came super close to losing it. My Cragheart was the last one standing.

My only play was in casual mode with three characters who were pretty high level. It'll be interesting to compare that experience to this one.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Inox Encampment Round 1A

But first, armed with the magical power of FLASHBACKS, let's have a look at what's happened while on the Road...

Road Event 26, resolution posted:

No Effect! As suspected by the thread, we aren't technically minded enough to fix a broken axle. At least we leave with our moral superiority intact, while we ride into the sunset, on our way to slay some natives help a potential necromancer? lay out some justice.
:confuoot:

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Well, this is interesting (or annoying, depending on the point of view). SHIELD+RETALIATE is nasty and it also means the Guards won't move, making it easier for the rest of the monsters already present to form a big Inox blob. The Shaman has pulled a BLESS effect out of his deck and, while we already know how this works for players, things are a bit different for monsters, since they share a single deck. Thus, any monster could potentially pull the BLESS attack modifier out for a nasty x2 damage attack. Same thing is true for CURSEs. There is a total of 10 copies of CURSE for each faction (and 10 BLESS in total shared between the factions), so they are a limited resource - for example, if our players had drawn a CURSE generating event before Scenario 2, only 1 additional CURSE would have been assigned to them.
This also means that Bullwinkle's perk could potentially make things worse for his companions :science:

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there.

Master Splinter (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and The Mind's Weakness.

08. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range2 - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND"
Bullwinkle (Hand10, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 10 with Provoking Roar and Leaping Cleave.

10. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

code:
"PROVOKING ROAR (10) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - DISARM
BOT: Round bonus Any enemy who targets one of your adjacent allies with an attack this round targets you with that attack instead, regardless of the attack's range."

"LEAPING CLEAVE (54) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PBAOE (check image) - XP1
BOT: MOVE3, Jump - Generate AIR"
Rocky (Hand11, Discarded0, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 87 with Massive Boulder and Heaving Swing.

87. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

code:
"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"

"HEAVING SWING (57) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK3 - PUSH1 - You may push the target into hexes containing obstacles. In each case, destroy the obstacle, the target suffers 2 damage and you gain XP1.
BOT: Round bonus Add +1ATK to all your ranged attacks this round. "
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jan 27, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well then. I can stun guard 3 before she can pull up the shield/retaliate, which leaves her open for risk-free melee attacks. That ought to be enough to take her out of comission and we can circle up the right flank instead of the left, since it’ll have one guard fewer.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Makes sense. If I can have F8 to stay out of range of the archers, I can help chip down guard 3.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Ripley posted:

Makes sense. If I can have F8 to stay out of range of the archers, I can help chip down guard 3.

All yours. He'll probably end up with somewhere in the 2-5 health range depending upon modifier pulls. Given that we're taking a lot less incoming fire than expected, I am probably going to drop the rock on the same guard; 1 point to the Brute seems like a reasonable price to pay for a chance of killing him outright. My alternative is to half-kill guard 2. Removing one guard is better than hurting two guards.

Next turn: I anticipate running up to E6, slowly, so guards 4 & 6 will be drawn towards me before I move. If we can kill guard 2 next turn, and you two can run into the north end of the chamber, I can drop an obstacle in F5 and force guards 4 & 6 to go the long way around to get to us. It'll be a little dicey with the spawning guards, unless somebody wants to slip around to open that door, but we're going to be attacked by the archers by turn 3 for sure in any event.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Inox Guards are females! (Inox women are stronger and bulkier than males. In a reverse of the fantasy trope, the Archers and Support Inox are male - you can check the standees/tokens).

Inox biology aside, I've found something interesting while reading the latest FAQs:

quote:

Q: How do you determine initiative for a monster that is summoned by another monster if the summon doesn't have a drawn ability card?
A: Draw a monster ability card to determine initiative. Note that the monster will draw another ability card in the next round (when it would actually be able to take a turn).
So it turns out Gloomhaven Helper is actually correct in drawing an ability card for Summons that already don't have one. It makes sense: consider a three way fight between the party and 2 separate groups of monsters...the Summon has to have an Initiative value, even if it's not acting this Round, in order to resolve enemy NPCs focus if nothing else.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

That Italian Guy posted:

Inox Guards are females! (Inox women are stronger and bulkier than males. In a reverse of the fantasy trope, the Archers and Support Inox are male - you can check the standees/tokens).

Inox biology aside, I've found something interesting while reading the latest FAQs:

So it turns out Gloomhaven Helper is actually correct in drawing an ability card for Summons that already don't have one. It makes sense: consider a three way fight between the party and 2 separate groups of monsters...the Summon has to have an Initiative value, even if it's acting this Round, in order to resolve enemy NPCs focus if nothing else.

It would also matter if the PCs had any summoned allies, since those use monster AI.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I like how close to being super blunt that answer is.

"How do I determine initiative without a drawn card???"
"You draw a card, idiot."

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

It would also matter if the PCs had any summoned allies, since those use monster AI.

Do player summons have ability card decks ?_? All the ones I've seen so far just act at the same initiative value their Summoner has, just before they go.

Do not answer if it's a spoiler on an advanced class that I have not seen yet though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

Do player summons have ability card decks ?_? All the ones I've seen so far just act at the same initiative value their Summoner has, just before they go.

Do not answer if it's a spoiler on an advanced class that I have not seen yet though.

Yeah, you can think of character summons as having slightly less initiative than the player. So, if the player is acting on 16, the summons act on 15.9, which makes them the focus for monsters.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

That Italian Guy posted:

They meant that player summons act according to pure AI rules, meaning that they target the closest creature and use initiative values to split ties. If a newly-summoned enemy was tied for closest to the player summon with another enemy, it would need to know the initiative values of both in order to decide what its focus was.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

Do player summons have ability card decks ?_?

No.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Oh whoops. My internet went down earlier while I was working on a response, and I forgot to finish the post. Anyway!

Since the Mindthief and Brute are acting before the guards, they can attack them before they put up the Shield/Retaliate buff. This also means they can attack without fear of getting counter-attacked, as long as they don't move up too far.

Mindthief should use Perverse Edge to move to C8 and attack the guard with TMW for an Attack 3.

The Brute would like to cleave two guards, but this will result in him getting immobilized by an archer. This would leave him open to taking a bunch of attacks next round. Instead he should move to A8 or B8 and attack one guard for Attack 3.

Cragheart can stay in place and attack guard #3 for 4 with Massive Boulder. That guard will have Shield 1, but the adjacent guard will still take 1 damage (the splash effect from Massive Boulder is unaffected by shields).

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Inox Encampment Round 1B

Beginning of Round actions posted:

Inox Guard spawns on hex D1!

When a monster is spawned, it is set up on the map at its spawning location or the nearest empty hex to that location. If a monster is spawned at the end of a round, it will begin to activate on the following round. If a monster is spawned during a round (like in this case), it activates as if it had just been revealed. I'll place a small Summon token on the spawned enemy so that we don't mix them up with the OG Inox.
NOTE: Inox Guards only have 6 standees available in the box.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Master Splinter uses The Mind's Weakness (top)! Persistent Bonus active: On your melee attacks add +2ATK. Gains 1XP.
- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Inox Guard 3 for 1 (1base, +0mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Inox Guard 3 is at 7 HP and is STUNNED.
ICE is now strong!

I have recently realized that the reason you can't spend the elemental infusions you are generating during your Turn is that they are generated at the end of your Turn, not when you play the card. This also means that if you spend Element X and generate Element X in the same Turn, Element X will be strong at the end of the Turn. I have changed the way the combat log display this info to match the correct flow of events.

10. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Leaping Cleave (bot)! Jumps 3 to F8
- Bullwinkle uses Provoking Roar (top)! Attacks Inox Guard 3 for 4 (2base, +2mod) damage!
Inox Guard 3 is at 3 HP and is STUNNED and DISARMED.
AIR is now strong!

Inox Guard 3 is now surely alt-tabbing and furiously complaining on the official forums about how CCs are unfair and should be nerfed.

15. Inox Guard 2, 3, 4, 5(s), 6 posted:

- Inox Guard 2 focuses Master Splinter! Gains SHIELD1 and RETALIATE2!
- Inox Guard 3 is STUNNED! Loses STUN and DISARM tokens.
- Inox Guard 4 focuses Master Splinter! Gains SHIELD1 and RETALIATE2!
- Inox Guard 5(s) focuses Master Splinter! Gains SHIELD1 and RETALIATE2!
- Inox Guard 6 focuses Master Splinter! Gains SHIELD1 and RETALIATE2!

That sure was intimidating.

29. Inox Archer 2, 6 posted:

- Inox Archer 2 focuses Master Splinter! Moves 2 to B3
- Inox Archer 6 focuses Master Splinter! Moves 2 to E4

More defensive posturing from the Inox tribe. 100% of the aggression has been on our side so far? I'm sure it's nothing
EDIT: as per Reik's note, the correct Focus for the Archers is Bullwinkle! This changes the movement for Archer 2 to E3. The map at the end of the update has the correct positioning.

87. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

- Rocky uses Heaving Swing (bot)! Round bonus active: Add +1ATK to all your ranged attacks this round.
- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (top)! Attacks Inox Guard 3 for 4 (3base, +0mod, +1bonus) damage! Bullwinkle and Inox Guard 2 suffer 1 damage!
Inox Guard 3 is killed!
Inox Guard 2 is at 7 HP.
Bullwinkle is at 9 HP.
EARTH is now strong!

Well, that just happened. The cruel Inox Guard 3 is no more! That's what you get for ambushing an honest merchant's caravan!

89. Inox Shaman 4(E) posted:

- Inox Shaman 4(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 1 to D3. 1BLESS card added to the monster's deck!

Your primitive charms can't protect you from the fury of the righteous! :bahgawd:
(on a less...colonialist note, the Shaman could have moved to either D3 or E3, so if the active players want me to, his position can be changed to the other hex in between updates).

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Scenario Objective: 1/15
- AIR is now waning!
- ICE is now waning!
- EARTH is now waning!

NOTE: I have corrected Archer 2 position as per above edit.
Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jan 28, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The Shaman should be on D3 in the last screen, right?

I'm a bit torn. I could zip past everyone and hit the shaman, popping my invisibility cloak and using a slow initiative next turn to keep anyone from targeting me for two rounds, but I could also consume the Ice to clobber Guard 2 with a stun and a hefty hit. F7 is outside the standard range of the other guards, while still being close enough to jump into the fray on the following turn. I think the latter is the optimal move, but that also means claiming the coin space and possibly getting in someone's way. What are you guys intending?

Also, just to keep track, we're at 1/15 Inox killed, and it doesn't look like we're gonna go for hitting the standee cap. Any thoughts on when we're gonna open the door?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The Shaman should be on D3 in the last screen, right?

Copy/pasted the wrong imgur link from above in the update :doh:

PS: let me know if you would prefer the Shaman to move to E3 instead, since they are both valid hexes.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Shouldnt the archers focus Bullwinkle? F4 seems like the closest hex to make a valid attack from.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Also I'm fairly certain that the Inox Guard spawns at the end of each round, not the beginning.

Splinter use the ice!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

^^^^^ The Inox Guard spawns at the end of each other Round for 2 player, or at the beginning of each Round for 3-4 players!

Reik posted:

Shouldnt the archers focus Bullwinkle? F4 seems like the closest hex to make a valid attack from.

You are correct. Not sure why I was counting their focus as if they were a melee monster :) This is the correct map at the end of the Round:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 28, 2019

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm a bit torn. I could zip past everyone and hit the shaman, popping my invisibility cloak and using a slow initiative next turn to keep anyone from targeting me for two rounds, but I could also consume the Ice to clobber Guard 2 with a stun and a hefty hit. F7 is outside the standard range of the other guards, while still being close enough to jump into the fray on the following turn. I think the latter is the optimal move, but that also means claiming the coin space and possibly getting in someone's way. What are you guys intending?

Not sure. If we wanted to go ham, I could get to the north side of the room as well and smack an archer or two, but that probably means leaving Rocky behind and then taking too many hits. The archers are likely to be able to target us this round either way, though, I guess.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Ripley posted:

Not sure. If we wanted to go ham, I could get to the north side of the room as well and smack an archer or two, but that probably means leaving Rocky behind and then taking too many hits. The archers are likely to be able to target us this round either way, though, I guess.

I'm inclined to suggest that you both finish guard 2 this turn. I'll be moving fairly quickly, though I may not beat the Shaman and Archers, and I'll run upward and end up in E6 while softening up the ranged attackers. I will also draw their fire this turn. For obvious reasons, it'd be great if you two could then close with the archers the following turn (so they don't pincushion me). Depending on how far the guards move, I'll either support you against the shooters or I'll immobilize a guard and set up to drop a rock in F5 and force them to go the long way around.

We're going to have a lot of guards on us quick if door 1 doesn't get opened. With the spawns happening at the start of the round, they'll move out of the way, so if the Mindthief can slip past and get that door open while invisible, that might work out OK. If we don't have to move very far and we don't have many rounds of play, we can afford to lose some cards to get the job done (we mainly being the Brute and I).

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Narsham posted:

I'm inclined to suggest that you both finish guard 2 this turn. [...]

Sounds sensible. No problem with Splinter taking the coin, either.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Cool beans!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Inox Encampment Round 2A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

The map has been fixed to show the correct positioning for Archer n.2!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

The Shaman would be quite dangerous this Round...if he was in range. The Archers have entered "Turret Mode" and won't move this Round, and they are kinda working as a walking non-walking area denial because of their boosted attack stat. Interesting choices for our players!
"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded1, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 29 with Frigid Apparition and Withering Claw.
Master Splinter and Rocky are both acting at initiative 29, but our rat friend is going first since her second card has a lower initiative number than Rocky's one. If also that was a tie, we would have let the players decide. Ties between players and monsters are always decided in favor of the player; ties between monsters are decided BY the players.

29. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1"

"WITHERING CLAW (77) [LvlX]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add MUDDLE and POISON - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: IMMOBILIZE (Target one adjacent enemy) - MOVE3"
Rocky (Hand9, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 29 with Rumbling Advance and Dirt Tornado.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

code:
"RUMBLING ADVANCE (29) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Range2 - Generate EARTH
BOT: MOVE2 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH"

"DIRT TORNADO (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range2, AOE (check image), Consume EARTH:+1ATK, XP1 
- MUDDLE all allies and enemies in the targeted area.
BOT: Move 3"
Bullwinkle (Hand8, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 35 with Skewer and Sweeping Blow.

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

code:
"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"

"SWEEPING BLOW (64) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, PBAOE (check image)
BOT: MOVE3 - PUSH1 (Target all adjacent enemies)"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah, I think I'm just gonna do as planned and clobber that one guard. Puts me in range of one archer, and that's as close as I'd prefer to get.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If I'm not mistaken, Bullwinkle will be the focus of both archers by the end of his turn, so as long as you're not within reach of the 2 left guards you should be safe.

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 29, 2019

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Looks like I'd have been better off with the slower initiative! If I follow my original plan I'll get hit by both archers and one guard, and they could all win initiative on me again in the following turn (1 in 4 chance for the archers, who might also trap F4 and F3, plus possibly the shaman). Rocky can tank, but it'd be painful.

Two other options:
1. If I tornado guards 4 & 6 and play keep-away and Bullwinkle goes to G7, only one archer can shoot us and guards 4&6 can't reach us until the following turn. Downside is the Mindthief could easily lose 3 or 4 hp from the single arrow.
2. I could also tornado 4&6 and engage them outside the archer's range. I can almost certainly kill both the following turn, or I could get into the C4/D4 area and prevent the archers from escaping. I like this a little better. In fact, if I move 0, only one guard can engage me and they'll be out of position for next turn. The main problem there is that it leaves the others exposed to archer fire next turn.

There's also the chance of a miss or -2 mod leaving guard 2 alive.

I am inclined to go with the original plan and demonstrate what risky play looks like. Depending on how bad the damage ends up being, I could either disarm the ranged attackers the following turn or go for maximized damage, but I'd be relying on the Brute to draw fire and the Mindthief to get door 1 open quickly. Option 2 means minimizing incoming damage and keeps guards 4&6 away from the rest of the group.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Yeah, this is a tough round. If I can help by taking a hit for one of you, let me know, but I guess the archers will always prefer to focus Rocky because of his lower initiative, unless I use boots to get right up close.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah, I can take the one hit and be fine; there's a fair amount of invisible turns to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
OK, I'll go with the safer path, then, and I'll still be in good position to be on the other side of those totems next turn. Not planning on changing my current position; Brute to G7 would avoid a guard hit that's not otherwise necessary.

EDIT: I will be going on a fairly high init number next turn but will be able to get into the C4/D3 area via a jump. Alternately, I can repeat my initial plan for this turn and end up in E6, possibly muddling five enemies as early in the round as I'm going this turn.

Narsham fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 30, 2019