Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Holy poo poo. It's like someone put Hillary, Obama, and Trump into a blender and then added extra authoritarianism. I mean, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Of course, she folded like a kicked tent

What? Her condition for giving the SotU was "open the drat government." What's she folding on lol

I feel bad for falling for the Kamala Harris hype train and voting for her for Senator in 2016. Didn't do my research. Of course we all thought 2020 would be a second H Clinton term election so it was a little different...

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Start praying that his advisors manage to cajole him into raising the ceiling rather than holding it hostage for wall money.

I think even him, through the brain worms, understands "you lose lots of money very fast". If he decides to do his tantrum routine, I bet Senate Republicans overrule him on this one.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I'm glad McConnell has the right priorities

https://twitter.com/ylanmui/status/1089976755237126144

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

CascadeBeta posted:

What the hell kind of dumb take is this?

The Dems Baddiest kind of take.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1089998748720205825

He did it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Double post

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Save us donor class, we still love you

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
A kid wants to ditch school because they are bored or tired and Kamala Harris sends a letter to their house threatening them and their parents with prison and then giggles about it in a speech about how cool her badge looked on her letterhead. gently caress her forever. I didn't like her before but she is a piece of poo poo.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Doesnt Stone have to be convicted of something before he can be pardoned?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

I mean they still brought charges against a homeless woman working 2 jobs to support her 3 kids even if they did eventually dismiss them. IMO that's some monstrous poo poo to do to some woman

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 28, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

my bony fealty posted:

l
I feel bad for falling for the Kamala Harris hype train and voting for her for Senator in 2016. Didn't do my research.
Uh, Lorena Sanchez probably wasn't much better dude.

I went to bat for her because I felt that weird hotepy dude was deliberately misconstruing her message yesterday, but this video is pretty much the hard stop on her campaign. She's gonna need a few years of progressive legislation to even start to balance that out.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

1glitch0 posted:

A kid wants to ditch school because they are bored or tired and Kamala Harris sends a letter to their house threatening them and their parents with prison and then giggles about it in a speech about how cool her badge looked on her letterhead. gently caress her forever. I didn't like her before but she is a piece of poo poo.

Lol Democrats gonna find a way to run complete dogshit candidates and lose to Trump two elections in a row.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

ozmunkeh posted:

Lol Democrats gonna find a way to run complete dogshit candidates and lose to Trump two elections in a row.

The primaries haven't even started yet, settle down tiger.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Uncle Wemus posted:

Doesnt Stone have to be convicted of something before he can be pardoned?

Nope. Doesn't even need to be charged with anything.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

CascadeBeta posted:

These past few years has been like one neverending PTSD inducing experience.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I mean they still brought charges against a homeless woman working 2 jobs to support her 3 kids even if they did eventually dismiss them. IMO that's some monstrous poo poo to do to some woman
I know. Poor woman. Her conviction rate was slightly lowered.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Taken with an entire mine of salt...

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1090010056387637254

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

A good barometer for how bad a candidate is is how hard certain people go to avoid discussing any of their history. It was the same with Beto as it is with Harris that if you even look at their past people start screaming about party disunity, slander, and other such nonsense.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Like jfc that is some seriously cold poo poo. Imagine being in that mother's shoes waking up on the streets with your three kids, about to head off to the first of your jobs and some dipshit cop informs you that if your kids don't show up at school you're going to prison and then your kids are going to go into the absolutely wonderful and totally not a literal child abuse hellhole that is the california fostercare system

Then, jk, we're dropping the charges, I guess you just needed some services instead. Just the act of bringing charges in that situation is so loving sadistic and cruel and terrifying.

And if I was literally any candididate running against her, I'd find that woman and get some footage of her talking about her experience

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
The only good thing I can think about with regards to the eventual debt ceiling fight is that once Trump fucks over paying our debt out, we won’t be able to invade Venezuela when the military no longer has two cents to run together.

In all honesty, if Trump does take the country hostage via debt ceiling for the wall and other heinous poo poo, we’re hosed and will have to give into his demands.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1090010444117561347

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Can't be truant from school if you don't have to go to school because you're in prison
*taps temple*

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

CascadeBeta posted:

There's not a single goddamn good presidential candidate on the horizon. Unless someone pops out of the ether in the next six months we're getting Harris, Hillary, Biden, Warren, Booker, or the baby game show host. What a clusterfuck.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Ripoff posted:

The only good thing I can think about with regards to the eventual debt ceiling fight is that once Trump fucks over paying our debt out, we won’t be able to invade Venezuela when the military no longer has two cents to run together.

In all honesty, if Trump does take the country hostage via debt ceiling for the wall and other heinous poo poo, we’re hosed and will have to give into his demands.

Why?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/etuckerAP/status/1090005779007062017

Changes

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Lote posted:

Hey guys. Guess what’s also on the horizon in the next few weeks.

If you guessed the Debt Ceiling, good job! It’s coming up on March 1st.

Trump gonna default on the government because that’s how you get leverage.

Reminder that the financial computers which run on fortran assume that the US gov will pay its debt forever and that not paying is like changing some constant in physics.

Well thats what some fin and economy nerds say, who knows wht will happen if it happens.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

FilthyImp posted:

If you read between the lines it's

"We worked together on the date."

Then the line about inviting him to use the space.

Closed with a line that's basically "gently caress you" in business speak.

Also it's addressed to The President, not President Trump. That's just a step up from "Occupant, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue... To Who It May Concern"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

loving rear end. Why not have it open? Such bullshit.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
This is what I mean by replacing congress with strippers would be a huge improvement. I'm positive any stripper in the country could come up with a better solution for 'single homeless mom of 3 has occasionally truant kids' than 'highlight her plight by pressing charges and threatening to throw her kids in the loving california foster system'

btw subtext of that situation is that the truant kid(s) were probably working to help the family get enough money to get off the streets. If you're the oldest kid in a family with a single mom and two younger siblings and you're on the streets, you're by default acting as the co-parent for your siblings.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

I'm not even as anti-cop as the rest of you and I find this stomach turning

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder that the financial computers which run on fortran assume that the US gov will pay its debt forever and that not paying is like changing some constant in physics.

Well thats what some fin and economy nerds say, who knows wht will happen if it happens.

Expect your refund check to have three hundred pages of random memory printed in the "amount" field

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Your Taint posted:

Because the President is basically openly goading some supporter of his to shoot him.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Like jfc that is some seriously cold poo poo. Imagine being in that mother's shoes waking up on the streets with your three kids, about to head off to the first of your jobs and some dipshit cop informs you that if your kids don't show up at school you're going to prison and then your kids are going to go into the absolutely wonderful and totally not a literal child abuse hellhole that is the california fostercare system

Then, jk, we're dropping the charges, I guess you just needed some services instead. Just the act of bringing charges in that situation is so loving sadistic and cruel and terrifying.

And if I was literally any candididate running against her, I'd find that woman and get some footage of her talking about her experience

She's probably been contacted by some very reasonable people that she should keep quiet about Harris if she knows what is good for her.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

There's not a single goddamn good presidential candidate on the horizon. Unless someone pops out of the ether in the next six months we're getting Harris, Hillary, Biden, Warren, Booker, or the baby game show host. What a clusterfuck.

Seriously. Bernie is the only one that has done even the barest effort of building up good faith regarding the stuff that NEEDS to be done to stave off another right wing maniac. Booker is spending his time going to charter schools in 2019. It's an absolute mess. Obama said a lot of stuff he immediatly abandoned after getting elected and if that happens another time we are hosed. It's an absolutely huge concern.

This is what I mean by replacing congress with strippers would be a huge improvement. I'm positive any stripper in the country could come up with a better solution for 'single homeless mom of 3 has occasionally truant kids' than 'highlight her plight by pressing charges and threatening to throw her kids in the loving california foster system'

btw subtext of that situation is that the truant kid(s) were probably working to help the family get enough money to get off the streets. If you're the oldest kid in a family with a single mom and two younger siblings and you're on the streets, you're by default acting as the co-parent for your siblings.

They would be way more representative of the average person than our current aristocratic class which hasn't the foggiest idea how the average person even lives.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Your Taint posted:

doing it closed means he will probably be able to disclose more.

curious if he is telling the truth or not.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Infrastructure week.

1glitch0 posted:

Why is the kid even going to school, don't they have a job?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What exactly did Harris charge the mom with. I doubt "truancy by association" is on the books

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Radish posted:

Seriously. Bernie is the only one that has done even the barest effort of building up good faith regarding the stuff that NEEDS to be done to stave off another right wing maniac. Booker is spending his time going to charter schools in 2019. It's an absolute mess.

They would be way more representative of the average person than our current aristocratic class which hasn't the foggiest idea how the average person even lives.

Yeah I don't mean to keep harping on that weird af way of making the point, but the sheer extent to which 95% of congress-people are just completely divorced from the day to day reality of the rest of the world is so shocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm not even as anti-cop as the rest of you and I find this stomach turning

Watch the vid, don’t just read the tweet.