Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it was perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

smooth

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Man, what a jam-packed episode.

I appreciate moving the broccoli seeds to the very beginning of the season for that extra symmetry with the eventual broccoli tree at the end of it.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878546&pagenumber=2

So do we just have 2 topics now? I mean I'm not complaining Mob Psycho is good poo poo.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Well, one thread's solely for the anime where spoilers from the manga would be frowned upon. Personally I find it easier to talk about stuff in here so I won't have to restructure my posts to not spoil poo poo.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

“I wonder if I can do the same thing as these evil spirits.” :ohdear:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The shot at the end of the new ED of Mob in the street holding a single flower is killing me.

I'm sure it's just similar to how the Divine Tree kept appearing in Season 1s imagery but stiillllll

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

hosed up it's only episode 2 of the second season and the ED already makes me wanna see the final arc animated.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Aww, I liked the first episode's ED and was hoping to see what kind of animation would accompany it. Oh well, the animation for this one is pretty cute.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

It is kind of odd that they had one song for the first episode and another for the second, not to mention the names - Grey and Monosepia - are very similar to one another...

im saying we're getting two different endings this season

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did you all see that dog? :kimchi:

Edit: Whoops meant to post this in the anime thread.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Did you all see that dog? :kimchi:

Edit: Whoops meant to post this in the anime thread.

That was such a drat good dog.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I never realized that the other psychic was actually supposed to be a (weak) esper. I thought he was also just a conman. I guess it makes more sense for how seriously he takes his work to have a little bit of psychic power.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I actually gasped from the final shot of the ending. Don’t get me wrong the entire episode was great, but seeing Mob holding a flower on a wrecked street was something I was not prepared to see.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Was the stalker part of the episode anime-original or taken from later in the manga? I don't remember that being part of the build-up to the exorcism arc.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

a cartoon duck posted:

Was the stalker part of the episode anime-original or taken from later in the manga? I don't remember that being part of the build-up to the exorcism arc.

I believe it's out of sequence, but it's definitely in the manga

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah it was. Dont remember where exactly, this arc has been chopped and screwed a lot for Season 1, but I remember it being before the ghost family

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

IIRC, it was part of the curse/spirit family combo. It was all a lead up to have Mob questioning his use of powers, both the curse and the stalker segments showing how he can use his powers selfishly, and the spirit family is questioning the difference between humans and spirits and about the ethical use of power on either.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Chapter 58, specifically, has all of today's episode except the muggers which are from 59.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh God Mob questioning the use of his powers is a perfect juxtaposition with the ED using imagery of the final arc. :smith:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Please don't make me cry at work by thinking about the ending.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
re-read the exorcism arc again and god im dying for the next three weeks. i usually think about how good the Divine Tree + final battle stuff was cause that's when I started reading update to update, but poo poo this all rules

i also forget the spirit tamer guy from claw was in the arc, and like, pretty plot critical. everyone in this manga rules

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
The pv for ep 5 has me tearing up already. In a manga with so many great moments 100% courage is still my favorite.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So we got this, the Reigen arc, and then the Claw Boss arc, right? Someone in the anime thread posted something that confirmed this for 13 episodes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah we got nine episodes left, which should be the Super 5 stuff considering half the OP is about it.

I dunno if there's left in the manga for a whole season tho?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah we got nine episodes left, which should be the Super 5 stuff considering half the OP is about it.

I dunno if there's left in the manga for a whole season tho?

Yeah, I feel like Broccoli, Aliens, ???% arcs are maybe like 6-7 eps at most, considering the pace the anime goes through.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lol I forgot the aliens

Yeah unless they stretch and then cliffhanger somewhere in the finale, I dunno what they'll do? Maybe a long OVA like they did before? The Mogami arc is longer than I remember, but I dunno, I feel like they've been planting the seeds (lol) of the divine tree and ??? in the OPs/EDs forever, so it would be weird not to do it, but I've never heard of a six episode season.

I guess my question isn't Will they do it, but How

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 29, 2019

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Maybe the last few episodes'd be adapting the Reigen manga as an extended epilogue?

Probably not, though.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

A powerful special attack, but is it the most powerful?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dragonatrix posted:

Maybe the last few episodes'd be adapting the Reigen manga as an extended epilogue?

Probably not, though.
Oh yeah, this and then they did do that totally original Looking For A Tsuchinoko bit at the end of Season 1

maybe just more of that? i got no idea

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://milky-meows.tumblr.com/post/182152240499/wait-a-sec-are-you-kidding-me

Oh my loving god

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

skaianDestiny posted:

Oh my loving god
lmao

like i said they're absolute animating the whole thing, but i just have no idea how

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 29, 2019

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

You know, as much as the last third owned, I can't help but feel the episode was way too fast-paced. Mob getting bullied was given almost no time to breathe, especially given that was supposed to be six months for Mob but was conveyed like it was only two days to the viewer.

Trying to cram everything up to and including Claw into 13 episodes seems like a questionable decision, honestly.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
It seems to be anime viewers are entirely happy with the episode while manga readers feel it was rushed.

I do think the fight could've been cut a bit shorter, but the animation of the bullying section really made up for a lot.

EDIT: I also think Bones really put more emphasis that Mob has changed, and that the bullying was less important than the fact that Mob's grew as a result. Which is a fair place to take it.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 4, 2019

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

If nothing else they should've kept the cat getting killed in, or at least a bit hurt, if only because people he cares about getting hurt is a bigger deal to Mob than getting hurt himself.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Also if they are going to puss out on this, down to putting jaunty music in the Reigen and Dimple scene, what are they going to do when Mob comes home to find what he believes are the burnt corpses of his parents?

poo poo goes real dark for Mob a few times, and it's sort of important to sell the stakes. This week wasn't terrible, but it was certainly less powerful than it could have been.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
All that's really missing is a black screen saying six months pass, I think the general idea got across.

We don't need to kill cats here and I don't think it's fair to assume this means they won't have the chops to pull off the scene of Mob burning his parents or anything else.

They played the horror straight with the Shiratori twins and this was simply not the time for gratuitous animal abuse to be in a show.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's not like the manga shows the cat actually being beaten to death. I saw a good post somewhere that explained it as, "Mob doesn't care when bad things happen to him, but the fact that his kindness directly caused the death of this innocent creature pushes him off the edge"

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
If you want to see horrific animal abuse drive an ESPer over the edge, there's always Elfen Lied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
You do know the dead cat is fictional right