Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

glowing-fish posted:

I went to the beach today, walked around for two hours. Then I came home, and right now I am listening to one of those "Lofi chill beats" channels on YouTube.

The beach is 90 minutes from my city. I only spent a few hours there, then came back home. The entire trip was me leaving the house a little bit before 1 and coming home a little after 8. Its not exactly a gigantic adventure, but its telling how little bit of a new and different environment (even though it is not that different) is able to kind of untemplate my brain. Or retemplate my brain. Its just enough to make the world around me seem new and interesting.

growing up on the coast and boats i always thought that the beach is awesome as a kind of "end of the earth" type destination where you can just sit and observe wide open spaces and fresh air and just be at peace with yourself. when i'm anywhere that's hours away from the nearest beach/ocean/large waterway i always feel kind of claustrophobic if that makes any sense. as terrified as i am about deep water there's nothing like sitting next to it or floating on it.

beach :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

glowing-fish posted:

I went to the beach today, walked around for two hours. Then I came home, and right now I am listening to one of those "Lofi chill beats" channels on YouTube.

The beach is 90 minutes from my city. I only spent a few hours there, then came back home. The entire trip was me leaving the house a little bit before 1 and coming home a little after 8. Its not exactly a gigantic adventure, but its telling how little bit of a new and different environment (even though it is not that different) is able to kind of untemplate my brain. Or retemplate my brain. Its just enough to make the world around me seem new and interesting.

did you go to valparaiso?

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

valpo doesn't have a beach per se iirc but the next town up does

ty manifisto

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

valpo doesn't have a beach per se iirc but the next town up does

ya that's what I meant, Viña Del Mar I think it is

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I feel like this is going to vastly improve someone here's life.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Manifisto posted:

did you go to valparaiso?

Manifisto posted:

ya that's what I meant, Viña Del Mar I think it is

Both of those would indeed be the normal guesses, because Valpo and Viña are the to-go places, but today I switched it up a little and went to Algarrobo, just because I have only been there once before, two years ago.

Its kind of a shame, in an objective way, because living in a foreign country should be one of those things that is a constant waterfall of discovery, a new experience around every corner. But by now, I have been here long enough that it feels like home. I still appreciate it, but I know there are millions of people in my approximate age group who would have their minds blown by being able to walk along the beach in Viña. But to me, thats kind of like "I want to do something this weekend, but don't have any specific plans, I guess it is Viña again."

Manifisto

glowing-fish posted:

Both of those would indeed be the normal guesses, because Valpo and Viña are the to-go places, but today I switched it up a little and went to Algarrobo, just because I have only been there once before, two years ago.

Its kind of a shame, in an objective way, because living in a foreign country should be one of those things that is a constant waterfall of discovery, a new experience around every corner. But by now, I have been here long enough that it feels like home. I still appreciate it, but I know there are millions of people in my approximate age group who would have their minds blown by being able to walk along the beach in Viña. But to me, thats kind of like "I want to do something this weekend, but don't have any specific plans, I guess it is Viña again."

I get that and good on you for switching things up!

it looks like there are somewhat more geocaches in chile than when I was there. have you ever thought about using geocaches as an excuse to bring you somewhere you wouldn't have gone otherwise? I found that in countries where there were a reasonable number of them, they sometimes brought me to cool little semi-hidden or easily overlooked spots I never would have found out about otherwise.

like there seems to be a little cluster of them in the hills around curauma/placilla and if I hadn't been there I might find myself wondering whether to check it out

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

have you seen the easter island head in viña, it's cool to see even if it's stolen colonial relics

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Manifisto posted:

have you ever thought about using geocaches as an excuse to bring you somewhere you wouldn't have gone otherwise?
Relatedly (but not related to Chile), if anyone's ever in the vicinity of Edinburgh, there's some of the most interesting geocaches around there. Not in the city itself, but like Portobello and other suburbs have some great puzzle-series caches, which is good if you like your caches to be something more interesting than "go to place". And some good hill-walks.

City of Glompton

Splatmaster posted:

I feel like this is going to vastly improve someone here's life.

MockingQuantum

:shittydog::petdog:I got youse some Waffles:petdog::shittydog:

Dropping those phat beats

But being a cool dj is tiring

thank you luvcow for the sig

Manifisto

roomforthetuna posted:

Relatedly (but not related to Chile), if anyone's ever in the vicinity of Edinburgh, there's some of the most interesting geocaches around there. Not in the city itself, but like Portobello and other suburbs have some great puzzle-series caches, which is good if you like your caches to be something more interesting than "go to place". And some good hill-walks.

that sounds cool! I'll check it out if I get a chance.

some years ago I did a multi-cache that took me down the Royal Mile. it was really pretty cool, it had some great historical stories about (accused) witches and crimes and disasters and stuff of that nature. sadly the cache has been archived, it was GCKTYK.

alnilam posted:

have you seen the easter island head in viña, it's cool to see even if it's stolen colonial relics

no, I missed that, but cool!

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

MockingQuantum posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EnTdLjNUaXM

MockingQuantum

also my wife said she doesn't want to be called MockingWife, and instead should be QuantumWife

she then said "Dr Sam Beckett, hoping each time that his next wife will be the wife home…" under her breath

xcheopis

MockingQuantum posted:

also my wife said she doesn't want to be called MockingWife, and instead should be QuantumWife

she then said "Dr Sam Beckett, hoping each time that his next wife will be the wife home…" under her breath

So... she was mocking you?

City of Glompton

MockingQuantum posted:

quantumwife sounds rad

ps the pup is p drat cute

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

MockingQuantum posted:

i love this pup so much it's making me cry and this is from joy ty

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i think everyone should have the joy of waking up at 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 8 am to take out their new puppy and the reward should be extremely soft toebeans and feety floofs on their face whenever they want

MockingQuantum

hamjobs posted:

i think everyone should have the joy of waking up at 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 8 am to take out their new puppy and the reward should be extremely soft toebeans and feety floofs on their face whenever they want

or you can do like we do, and let her out at 1 then fall asleep until 5 because she's so quiet she doesn't manage to wake you in between, and proceed to wonder how a six-pound dog can generate 27 gallons of pee in four hours

and then play with the beans because auughh beans

MockingQuantum

so I don't know if hamjobs and I are the only Twin Peaks fans in byob or not, but having brought it up I now wish we had a :coffeepal: but with dale cooper

and also a Dale Cooper patronus

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

MockingQuantum posted:

so I don't know if hamjobs and I are the only Twin Peaks fans in byob or not, but having brought it up I now wish we had a :coffeepal: but with dale cooper

:agreed:

i still have a gif of the fish in the percolator saved for an av someday

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

MockingQuantum posted:

or you can do like we do, and let her out at 1 then fall asleep until 5 because she's so quiet she doesn't manage to wake you in between, and proceed to wonder how a six-pound dog can generate 27 gallons of pee in four hours

and then play with the beans because auughh beans

have you counted the toebeans? maybe the toebeans are responsible for the pee storage

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

if she has extra nipples she's def a witch btw, sry, all beautiful puppos are witches

City of Glompton

MockingQuantum posted:

that would be really good

sb hermit

City of Glompton posted:

that would be really good

maybe a :coffeepal: but with pie

or both pie and coffee

Goons Are Gifts

I love Waffles, she's next level cute. What a way to start off the day!

Also, it's Tuesday everyone, which means I can wish you all a happy Tuesday!
Tuesdays usually feel like they contain a lot of work and productivity, but I don't think that's a bad thing in general. It's putting the Tues in the day.

Everyone here including Waffles shall have an amazing day!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I have a confession: I am too dumb to geocache. I've tried it a couple times, and like I've gone to the location where I think there should be something (but I'm never very confident) and when I get there, there is nothing there

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Jaded Burnout

blaise rascal posted:

I have a confession: I am too dumb to geocache. I've tried it a couple times, and like I've gone to the location where I think there should be something (but I'm never very confident) and when I get there, there is nothing there

They're often very well hidden.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
So this morning when I woke up and realized it was Tuesday, the following conversation took place inside my own skull:

Tu in Spanish is "you".

Es in Spanish is "is".

Tuesday is: You Is Day.

Today is the day that you are...

Whatever you want to be.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Splatmaster posted:

Whatever you want to be.
nah it's the day I'm at work

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Jaded Burnout

"day" is almost god, so..

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
*gbs voice* i'm day

Jaded Burnout

day us, ex-machines

Goons Are Gifts

I praise the you in Tues, day

Mummy Napkin

alnilam

IdeA: twin peaks but with Dale Gribbel

Mummy Napkin
how's Nancy?

Mummy Napkin
diane, i'm holding in my pocket a huge pile of sand

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Splatmaster posted:

So this morning when I woke up and realized it was Tuesday, the following conversation took place inside my own skull:

Tu in Spanish is "you".

Es in Spanish is "is".

Tuesday is: You Is Day.

Whatever you want to be.

Tuesday is named after Tyr, the Nordic God of War, who had his hand bitten off when he put it in the mouth of Fenris Wolf.

So today is a good day to feed a dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum

glowing-fish posted:

Tuesday is named after Tyr, the Nordic God of War, who had his hand bitten off when he put it in the mouth of Fenris Wolf.

So today is a good day to feed a dog.

but please don't betray your dog, which was mostly the reason his hand was there in the first place

I guess to be really specific, don't get your hand bitten off while trying to put a leash on a dog, or do, to celebrate Tyr being stone loving cold about getting maimed