Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm currently doing snowfit. every four hours you go out and shovel 60 linear feet of snow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
i do CrossShit. thats where i strain real hard when i take a poo poo

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Captain Foo posted:

the best workout program is the one you actually do

it's actually the one that i do, because i'm better than you, and my instagram posts of me on my private plane prove it

buy my supplements

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

i'm currently doing snowfit. every four hours you go out and shovel 60 linear feet of snow

it's good because layers

you start out with a coat on and eventually are down to a shirt and pajama bottoms and then you have to cool off

four hours sounds about right for letting stuff dry out

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Captain Foo posted:

the green circle is so loving hard to move i shoveled my walk and drivway for like half an hour and got 3 loving points on it. THREE

my HR was thru the roof and it didn't give af

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

infernal machines posted:

i think at this point i want to pitch a business plan that is literally just robbing a bank

that, i think, would be too much

now, extortion rackets, there's something you could pitch to your average sociopath VC

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

jimmyjams posted:

i do CrossShit. thats where i strain real hard when i take a poo poo

i thought it was when you cross your legs while making GBS threads

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
i thought orangetheory was where they keep the lights really dim so no one can make eye contact with anyone else

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Bhodi posted:

i thought orangetheory was where they keep the lights really dim so no one can make eye contact with anyone else

so, the opposite of clockworkorangetheory where youre mechanically forced to make eye contact at all times

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
the get beefy bitch g uy shoulda opened a gym

"excuse me, ma'am, but do you think that maybe you should just... lift that weight and get reeeal beefy"

edit: lift that weight. cmon you lil pissbitch

jimmyjams fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 29, 2019

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
exercise if you want to be someone who is known for doing exercise

if you want to be actually physically fit and strong, Do Labor

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Captain Foo posted:

Ur mum is the best workout program, then?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

My Linux Rig posted:

it’s basically facetiming a cycle class so they say poo poo like “you’re going up a hill now time to turn up the resistance woo what a hill”

please tell me the bike at least adjusts the resistance automatically. and remembers your preferred levels of resistance

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Captain Foo posted:

oh wow how much money you want? $200 per month? $300?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

hobbesmaster posted:

this is why its impressive

i'm sure they overexpanded and somehow the $2k bike is sold at a loss because its a VC backed startup

Hrm...I wonder how much work it would be to fake the peloton server API and then be able to get the full features without the subscription cost (plus make the bike do fun/weird stuff).

If you see me in the spare time projects thread 6 months from now...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Krankenstyle posted:

so, the opposite of clockworkorangetheory where youre mechanically forced to make eye contact at all times

lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Krankenstyle posted:

big lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wheany posted:

oh wow how much money you want? $200 per month? $300?

$420

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://twitter.com/mayakern/status/1083812304444112896

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Stymie posted:

exercise if you want to be someone who is known for doing exercise

if you want to be actually physically fit and strong, Do Labor

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

what is the etymology of this word

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

graph posted:

what is the etymology of this word

from "achievements"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

haveblue posted:

from "achievements"

:|

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

like every other dumb internet thing, there's an fplus ep about it: https://thefpl.us/episode/130

some guy absolutely insists his super high gamerscore helps him pick up chicks at bars

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

this is the ideal male body. you may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I didn't get to take a video of it, but the other night I saw 30 bird scooters piled on top of eachother in the middle of a street, with half of them flashing different colored lights. It was a giant trash disco ball

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

its mixed with "cheetos"

because nerds

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

El Mero Mero posted:

I didn't get to take a video of it, but the other night I saw 30 bird scooters piled on top of eachother in the middle of a street, with half of them flashing different colored lights. It was a giant trash disco ball

please, don't sign

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Shame Boy posted:

like every other dumb internet thing, there's an fplus ep about it: https://thefpl.us/episode/130

some guy absolutely insists his super high gamerscore helps him pick up chicks at bars

behold my considerable power

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shame Boy posted:

xbox asspennies

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1090074863669313536?s=20

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the starbucks guy is freaked out about AOC and is transparently only interested in becoming president to stave off any sort of attempt at raising taxes no matter how minuscule and impotent those increases would actually be by the time they made it through congress.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

he has a valid point. i don't know how she expect anyone to live on a mere ~$6 million plus 30% of anything earned over $10 million. do you want me to give up my live-in maid service!?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i still say variants on this to my wife sometimes and she rolls her eyes so hard they fall out of her skull

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

my bitter bi rival posted:

chicago rules and whoever said it never gets _that_ hot is right but oh god the humidity in the summer. that whole area used to be a swamp and its easy to see why come july or august

i, too, live in a town that used to be a swamp.

last 5 or so years it gets up to ~42 degrees for extended periods of time in the summer and along with the already bad heat, you can taste the hot water in the air after a couple days as the humidity starts creeping towards 100%.

also, global warming is a chinese scam

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BRAND
ENGAGEMENT
MOTHER
FUCKER

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/MarisaKendall/status/1090292894680764416

quote:

Berk compared the Domuso loans to payday advances — which typically charge high interest rates and often get criticized as being predatory — though Lightfoot is quick to draw a line between his company and payday lenders.

“It’s too easy to look to the interest rates, which are enormously high, and say people are being ripped off,” Berk said. But the data shows “people tend to use it in cases of emergency. So if they don’t use it, things can spiral out of control.”

Without high interest rates, such loans would not be profitable and would cease to exist, Berk said.

There are other local programs that offer emergency funds to renters without the pay-back requirement. Housing Trust Silicon Valley, for example, provides grants of up to $2,500 to cover the security deposit for a family moving into a new home.

Using credit for rental payments is not a new concept, Lightfoot said. Between 2 and 5 percent of residents pay rent using credit cards, according to Domuso’s data.

“This isn’t something that we’re trying to convince people to do,” Lightfoot said. “It’s something they’re already doing. We’re just giving them a safe alternative that is digital.”

psychotic

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the time to kill the word 'startup' has long passed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

Without high interest rates, such loans would not be profitable and would cease to exist, Berk said.

california_democrats.txt