Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

InsertPotPun posted:

Step one: America elected a motherfucker as president.

I think you mean daughterfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Does anyone have the blog/article of the pro-life woman who became pro-choice? She talked about how many miscarriages happen and that the pro-life movement didn't spend any money on saving them, and similar issues.

Talking with a college friend and it would come in handy

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I think that this might be the one you are thinking of? It touches on that, as well as the fact that banning abortions doesn't actually reduce abortions - the best way to do that is to avoid unwanted pregnancies, which means comprehensive sex ed and access to effective birth control.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Aussies are super casually racist.

Also reminds me of this great one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YM9Ereg2Zo

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ashcans posted:

I think that this might be the one you are thinking of? It touches on that, as well as the fact that banning abortions doesn't actually reduce abortions - the best way to do that is to avoid unwanted pregnancies, which means comprehensive sex ed and access to effective birth control.

Bullseye, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

I ended up convincing her that she was actually pro-choice instead of pro-life without it, but I still want it handy in the future too.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

SimonCat posted:

Nope, keep electing Trump till the DNC gets the message.

Unironic :emptyquote:

The orfice that is the 2020 election is already good and lubed for Trump to slide his toadstool right in

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.

This is stellar detective work.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

*trump as Sharon Tate*

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

More dumb gun stuff from family members. The main reason I'm posting this is to ask: What the gently caress is that on the end of the shotgun? Is that a loving silencer???

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bobulus posted:

More dumb gun stuff from family members. The main reason I'm posting this is to ask: What the gently caress is that on the end of the shotgun? Is that a loving silencer???

muzzle brake, to reduce the recoil on your soft noodle arms so you don't embarassingly hit yourself in the face with your own shotgun in front of the boys

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You can get silencers for shotguns, but they're giant and mostly for lamping without waking everyone up rather than tacticool.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Bobulus posted:

Because when someone breaks into your house and you shoot them with a pistol, it bounces off their chest superman-style.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bobulus posted:

Like someone said before, it's a muzzle brake to reduce/eliminate recoil because the person that bought that shotgun was a loving idiot and bought a pistol-grip-only shotgun with no stock

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Capitalism, Communism - Let's not get into labels for the mean time and let's look at facts. I'll get to the point later.

Does China allow dissent? Maybe, mostly NO.
Does China allow the FREE practice of religion? They hybridize it. They only allow "state-approved" religions. Meaning, Islam, yes but with a lot of censorship and modifications. Christianity, only if State Approved.
Does China allow people to own private property? Some parts yes, some parts no. Look at the global real estate market, New Zealand, California, Philippines, Australia, UK. Citizens of the PRC are purchasing land outside of their country because that's the only place they're allowed to. Who are these Rich Chinese? Possibly daughters, sons, relatives of hard core politburo.

So my point is, China's political machinery is like the BORG. They assimilate whatever they can. It's foolhardy to play around with labels and it's easier to condense what they do from what they say.

Their aim is global domination Now that they are positioning themselves to assume this role, US and the rest of allied EU is reacting. A third world war may be in our lifetimes.

Their aim is the preservation of their leadership - the more flexible Communist party. Meaning it doesn't really matter what they call themselves. Focus on what they do and why!

Labels are for idealogues, rebels, academics and propagandists. Look at it from the ambit of the exercise of power - and you will see where this is all going.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Some of that is right. A lot of it is wrong. And China is indeed bad.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
How dense can these fuckers get?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
By this point you'd need to start using quantum gravity to describe it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
A bold take:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Ah, the People’s Cube. One of my friends in high school was into that, and when he showed it to me it was incomprehensible to me.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Professor Bling posted:

Like someone said before, it's a muzzle brake to reduce/eliminate recoil because the person that bought that shotgun was a loving idiot and bought a pistol-grip-only shotgun with no stock

Excuse me, breaking your wrist the first time you fire your gun is absolutely milspec thank you

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
They don't look old enough to have invaded Europe.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

British boomers. Feel pride in their parents wars.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

They're about to get economically Dunkirk'd.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

And that's how they lost their empire.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

NeuralSpark posted:

They're about to get economically Dunkirk'd.

Dieppe'd

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

So the brits do brexit and canadas economy crashes instead.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

So much win!

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

TinTower posted:

So much win!

Conservatives using Picard in their memes has to be one of the more egregious instances of their completely ignoring context and subtext in pop culture.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Soviet Commubot posted:

Conservatives using Picard in their memes has to be one of the more egregious instances of their completely ignoring context and subtext in pop culture.

It's hard when most forms of enjoyable media treat conservatives like the disease that they are. They have to find the like 3 current celebrities who support their lovely beliefs and suck them off every chance they get.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Soviet Commubot posted:

See also: every instance of Sgt. Hartman or Col. Jessup used as a voice of reason.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

TinTower posted:

So much win!

:staredog: this is terrible on so many levels lmao.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

MelvinBison posted:

See also: every instance of Sgt. Hartman or Col. Jessup used as a voice of reason.

see: YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Also: 3/4 of the memes featuring Sam Elliott's character in The Big Lebowski

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Sam elliot (also the Beef. Its what's for dinner, voice)
Is the :smug: personified meme.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

How can you say that when the Wonka meme exists?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MelvinBison posted:

don't forget the loving Joker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Seven Force posted:

How can you say that when the Wonka meme exists?

At least Wonka is an insane rear end in a top hat in the books and movies.