Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

laughed out loud then got really sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Rude but not incorrect

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

ApproximatelyJane has pretty consistently quality tweets

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1090292372846665728

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:dogbutton:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Let me guess

"we find no evidence that this was racially motivated"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Look a lot of things happened on both sides we can't be quick to judge

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
There needs to be a complete and thorough investigation, we can't jump to conclusions as to motive!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

MA-Horus posted:

Let me guess

"we find no evidence that this was racially motivated"

Well, this was in Chicago so it's unlikely that the racial motive will get dismissed. Overt racism (as opposed to institutional) doesn't really fly up here.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

We don't know both sides of the story yet, he may have had a drug at some point.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/pklinkne/status/1089905249714868227?s=20

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I'm really finding it hard to swallow that two racist homophobes who were stalking Chicagi to commit a pre-meditated hate crime were able to identify an actor from Empire...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chichevache posted:

I'm really finding it hard to swallow that two racist homophobes who were stalking Chicagi to commit a pre-meditated hate crime were able to identify an actor from Empire...

Yeah the whole thing seems super loving odd.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

But does he have a criminal record or did he maybe have a little bit of weed on him?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Chichevache posted:

Even I don't know who he is. If they were specifically targeting him and put on an act to make it seem random that would make a lot more sense.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Chichevache posted:

Also, reading the account:

quote:

According to the TMZ report, “Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ, the actor arrived in Chicago from New York late Monday, and at around 2 AM he was hungry and went to a Subway. We’re told when he walked out, someone yelled, ‘Aren’t you that f***ot ‘Empire’ n*****?'”

The reports states that both the men were white and wearing ski masks and attacked the actor. “Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib. They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, ‘This is MAGA country,'” TMZ reported.

Who always carries ski masks around in case they run into a person they want to gay bash? It's all really strange. And just to avoid confusion, I don't doubt for a second that this attack didn't happen. But this can't be the whole story. Where they stalking him or something?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Torrannor posted:

Who always carries ski masks around in case they run into a person they want to gay bash? It's all really strange. And just to avoid confusion, I don't doubt for a second that this attack didn't happen. But this can't be the whole story. Where they stalking him or something?

It’s also been super cold in Chicago lately so maybe the ski masks might have served a dual purpose here, i.e. keeping the face you want to conceal nice and warm while you commit a horrific hate crime

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bitch I'll @ you to prove the math, I'll @ you just because you said not to.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Torrannor posted:

I know when I want to commit a violent crime against a vulnerable minority, I travel to a place with a reputation for being heavily armed and incredibly violent.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Torrannor posted:

Who always carries ski masks around in case they run into a person they want to gay bash?

I'm from the west coast but I'd imagine that people in Chicago in the middle of winter are going to wear ski masks because it's loving cold.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

It’s also been super cold in Chicago lately so maybe the ski masks might have served a dual purpose here, i.e. keeping the face you want to conceal nice and warm while you commit a horrific hate crime

Just cruising Chicago with Cletus, packing bleach and a noose just in case we stumble upon a gay icon. Cletus has an encyclopedic knowledge of gay PoC b listers, you know, for normal reasons.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Oh, I forgot about that. That could be an explanation.

I hope they get these people. What kind of extra horrible racist do you have to be to put a noose around a guy's neck? Did they get off of simulating the lynching of a black man?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Unless you're doing outdoor work wearing a ski mask is kind of unusual.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m sure they just watched Empire to be offended.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I'm in the "this was premeditated, made to look random" camp.

Dudes not that famous and seems odd dudes are just rolling around with a noose ready to go.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Torrannor posted:

Oh, I forgot about that. That could be an explanation.

I hope they get these people. What kind of extra horrible racist do you have to be to put a noose around a guy's neck? Did they get off of simulating the lynching of a black man?

Yes? MAGA, you see.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

That Works posted:

I'm in the "this was premeditated, made to look random" camp.

Dudes not that famous and seems odd dudes are just rolling around with a noose ready to go.

What loving Subway is open at 2 am and why would anyone want to go there?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Somethings fishy. Either premeditated(loan shark or something similar) with red herring or... devils advocate self inflicted/assisted for exposure.

Now if this had happen in South Carolina or other Deep South state...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Chichevache posted:

A separate atrocity

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

Somethings fishy. Either premeditated(loan shark or something similar) with red herring or... devils advocate self inflicted/assisted for exposure.

This reminds me of Tawana Brawley.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Chichevache posted:

I don't think I can walk three blocks in Chicago without smelling weed from some alcove. Six inch snack attack baby.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Yeah, I know of at least one 24 hour Subway on Western I think?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

lol self inflicted, nobody beats their own rear end for public exposure.

It's like those fuckers watched american history x and decided "yes this is a good idea i should do it"

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

LingcodKilla posted:

the gently caress, dude?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

orange juche posted:

lol self inflicted, nobody beats their own rear end for public exposure.

You're kidding, right?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Todd_mugging_hoax

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The Iron Rose posted:

the gently caress, dude?

You want me to defend a “devils advocate” comment? Ok.

When was the last time you heard of a dude being lynched in a major city without it being the police?

So with 100% conviction I came to the conclusion it was the police.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I don't think there's a good reason to think it was faked yet.

Maybe just not what it seems. Doesn't mean it's faked.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

That Works posted:

I don't think there's a good reason to think it was faked yet.

Maybe just not what it seems. Doesn't mean it's faked.

I agree. I’m just theorizing if it was. Nothing good can come of this either way.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Chichevache posted:

Asking the real questions. Are you a detective or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

“You’re kidding right?” ought to be followed up with more than just a single instance of something happening in 11 years. At least throw in the census worker who did the suicide where he wrote “die fed” on his chest and hanged himself from a tree.