Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/956507441306525696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Brexit: Government will ensure there's 'adequate food' if UK leaves with no-deal

Narrator: they won't lol

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Glenn Beck.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

No, no, no, no, no. Blexit.
https://i.imgur.com/wJvNoPG.png

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/what-is-blexit-candace-owens-explains-plan-to-lead-black-exit-from-democratic-party-impact-2020

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

oh

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

cool dance moves posted:

Ouch!! My calves!!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008

Goddamn :captainpop:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lmao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol looks like his dentist video didn't move the needle

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol looks like his dentist video didn't move the needle
:hmmyes:

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bernie

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Things are actually looking good for Schulz though

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

now do AOC for comparison

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spergin Morlock posted:

now do AOC for comparison

lol you can see precisely when the pundit class had to start googling her

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

look at these 2020 “””contenders””” loving lol

I love the pre primary season, so little actual name recognition for the so called front runners who will definitely not peter out immediately/ get schlonged in the general

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
i hope we end up in a republicans 2016 situation with the democratic primary, i want to see gillibrand and booker stuck in a kiddie table debate because they're in 12th and 13th place.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

look at these 2020 “””contenders””” loving lol

I love the pre primary season, so little actual name recognition for the so called front runners who will definitely not peter out immediately/ get schlonged in the general

Schultz appears to be running on the premise that he'd rather burn the Dems down and have Trump win 2020 than give air to AOC and her 70% tax on fucks like him.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

1-term congressman and war criminal Allen West

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

jobson groeth posted:

Schultz appears to be running on the premise that he'd rather burn the Dems down and have Trump win 2020 than give air to AOC and her 70% tax on fucks like him.

he also seems to think that he'll peel dem voters away rather than any republicans

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he also seems to think that he'll peel dem voters away rather than any republicans

he's certainly correct.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1090348977386594306

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"I could beat trump in the general!"

-me, a guy you've never heard of and would probably be terrible in different ways and also every first term rep/junior senator running, considering running, or forming an exploratory commission to run

presidential candidates have to be people that other people have heard of. You only get to do the Obama thing of near-zero run-up if you've got an amazing story- like if you are: the son of a single mother, black, rags to riches, community organizer who came outta fuckin nowhere but splashed onto the national stage with polish and charisma at the exact time he was needed- that will work. nobody had heard of him, but the amount of time was tiny compared to when you first heard of Kamala Harris and when your neighbor will. and that has to happen a significant amount of time before the convention, never mind the general.

these folks are just nobodies from nowhere in the eyes of the nobodies from nowhere who will end up determining the election with their votes. nobody outside the limited scope of informed political awareness knows who these people are and they certainly can't defeat Trump brand name recognition. It's an absurd vanity for some of these folks to be running because of how unrealistic their chances are- but they're also betraying their narcissism/naked ambition early on so that is ultimately helpful to the public in accurately assessing their character

tl:dr- great field of spoiler candidates for the dems (to spoil their own chances)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

GalacticAcid posted:

he's certainly correct.

perot hoovered up a half million more republicans than dems in '92 so i'm skeptical

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

perot hoovered up a half million more republicans than dems in '92 so i'm skeptical

It's changed now though -- Davison put it well earlier today

https://twitter.com/dwdavison9318/status/1090288718617882624

I don't see it helping the Dems at all to be honest. They've been honed down to a hard core since the Bush years imo.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
his flagship policy is "hey lets not tax the super wealthy"

and taxing the rich is enormously popular. though admittedly it's super unpopular with democratic politicians

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

just remembered sailor

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

https://twitter.com/louisemensch/status/887641703817121793?lang=en

Carl Von Awesomwitz
May 2, 2006

Sisko Lied, Romulans Died

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

tl:dr- great field of spoiler candidates for the dems (to spoil their own chances)

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I think it goes underreported just how many of these no hope candidates are running for president in order to run for something else (VP, cabinet, lucrative position on the grifting circuit, talking head position in media, etc.).

Your post made me remember how funny it is that everyone involved needs to play this weird shadow game where everyone knows that the presidential run is BS, candidate included, but no one can say it out loud.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Bush nearly choked to death on a peanut.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

It's changed now though -- Davison put it well earlier today

https://twitter.com/dwdavison9318/status/1090288718617882624

I don't see it helping the Dems at all to be honest. They've been honed down to a hard core since the Bush years imo.

he'll bail out once he realizes everyone hates him and his ego can't handle it when everyone tells him he should eat poo poo and kill himself and have his corpse buried in a pile of poo poo every day

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Harold Holt and Australian Prime Minister went for a swim and vanished. To honour his memory we built this

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

Bush nearly choked to death on a peanut.

Excuse me. It was a pretzel.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

then some people decided it was clearly him defecting to china in a mini submarine

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
https://mobile.twitter.com/_grendan/status/1090421393680973824

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

"many such cases" is my favorite trumpism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008