Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Speaking of great dogs, is it legal for me to ask for more photos or maybe even a video from Waffles?

I want to make a really nice av out of her as a gift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

blaise rascal posted:

I have a confession: I am too dumb to geocache. I've tried it a couple times, and like I've gone to the location where I think there should be something (but I'm never very confident) and when I get there, there is nothing there

lol

I am not lolling at you, I am lolling at myself. I had this exact experience the first time I tried to geocache--in this case it was because I didn't understand what a "puzzle cache" was. imo it may be worth another try, because although there are many unremarkable caches these days there are quite a few that are really remarkable mini-adventures. To make things easier I would suggest:

* start with a "traditional" cache - puzzles are great, but there's a benefit to understanding the overall activity first (and note that if you choose an "earthcache" there will be no container to find, these are a special type of cache designed to leave unique natural areas untouched/unspoiled);
* don't start with a "micro" cache, those can be hard to find; size "small" or larger will be much easier;
* pay attention to the "difficulty" rating, if it's a 4 or 5 it will be intentionally rather hard to spot or access;
* some hiders are rather devilish when it comes to camouflaging caches; don't be shy about poking around as long as you're not damaging anything;
* maybe don't start with a cache in a crowded location, I've found plenty of caches in very busy spots but it can be stressful the first few times you attempt it;
* always look at the logs, if the last few searchers did not find it there's a decent chance it's missing and I wouldn't bother, also past successful finders will often provide useful clues;
* always read the hint, there's no shame in it and your time is valuable;
* satellite view can be very helpful in showing you where the cache is (e.g. you can tell which trees or other landmarks to search near), but it's important to note that the people who hide the caches don't always provide perfect coordinates, so take the mapped location with a grain of salt - always include nearby areas in your search (within 20-30 feet);
* persistence may be a virtue but over time I've decided that if I don't find the cache in a reasonable amount of time, I'll just move on (although I have broken my own rule more than once).

ty nesamdoom!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/thwzqF9.mp4

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

MockingQuantum posted:

:shittydog::petdog:I got youse some Waffles:petdog::shittydog:

Dropping those phat beats

But being a cool dj is tiring

:swoon: never stop posting pics of waffles

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Manifisto posted:

ya that's what I meant, Viña Del Mar I think it is

post chill pics of chill chile

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
thanks manifisto. maybe I will give it another try

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Goons Are Gifts

Mr Wild I want to personally say thank you on behalf of all of my chill self how awesome it is that despite your endless chain probes you use every chance you get to post absolutely amazing things.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Hogge Wild posted:

Chile is basically Southern Hemisphere California, so the weather, plants, architecture, etc., are going to be like being at the same latitude in California, around Los Angeles. Only a little bit cooler because the ocean has a current coming from Antarctica.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Goons Are Great posted:

Mr Wild I want to personally say thank you on behalf of all of my chill self how awesome it is that despite your endless chain probes you use every chance you get to post absolutely amazing things.

:tipshat:

glowing-fish posted:

Chile is basically Southern Hemisphere California, so the weather, plants, architecture, etc., are going to be like being at the same latitude in California, around Los Angeles. Only a little bit cooler because the ocean has a current coming from Antarctica.

drat, a place cooler than california

(great pic!)

Manifisto

Hogge Wild posted:

I am sure glowing-fish has the best beach pix, alnilam may have some nice ones too, I think he maybe honeymooned there?

I did however see the flying spaghetti monster there:

and I have some pix of beautiful scenery in torres del paine, it's really lovely there:

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Ya I'll post a few chill-e pics when i get a chance on a puter, we honeymooned in patagonia (a big region, we were centered around coyhaique), valpo, and santiago, it owned

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

Ya I'll post a few chill-e pics when i get a chance on a puter, we honeymooned in patagonia (a big region, we were centered around coyhaique), valpo, and santiago, it owned

byob: chile is a choice

City of Glompton

Manifisto posted:

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

Manifisto posted:

Which is something I have been thinking about lately, because I am not actually here forever...came for six months, still here almost three years later...

BTW, is there a BYOB "Slack" or "Discord"?

glowing-fish fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 30, 2019

lol but

body is a dinosaur

glowing-fish posted:

the byob secondary materials

lol but

body is a dinosaur
the byob apocrypha

lol but

body is a dinosaur

lol but seriously I posted:

the byob apocrypha

probably that reggae song that got the forum nuked the first time

City of Glompton

glowing-fish posted:

Which is something I have been thinking about lately, because I am not actually here forever...came for six months, still here almost three years later...

no but there is a saying, 'it's always irc' because we had um troubles with alternate communication platforms in previous times

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Goons Are Gifts

chill is also a duty

Farecoal

There he go

glowing-fish posted:

logged on to byob slack but have set status as "away"

Goons Are Gifts

Byob only uses chill

MockingQuantum

Goons Are Great posted:

Speaking of great dogs, is it legal for me to ask for more photos or maybe even a video from Waffles?

I want to make a really nice av out of her as a gift.

Hogge Wild posted:

:swoon: never stop posting pics of waffles

ask and ye shall receive, eventually:

she said she was too shy for pictures:

but then she warmed up to the idea:

taking pictures is tiring, though, and she got all blepped out:

and yes, she occasionally sleeps with her tongue stuck out, and yes, it is heart-burstingly cute

(sadly she's kind of tough to get video of because she's either asleep/not doing anything or pinballing off of every surface in the house)

thank you luvcow for the sig

MockingQuantum

As a bonus, here's her "big" brother(?) Pabu insisting that he too is adorable

thank you luvcow for the sig

City of Glompton

:swoon:

great pups

xcheopis

MockingQuantum posted:

As a bonus, here's her "big" brother(?) Pabu insisting that he too is adorable

He's right, you know.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I actually screamed because of joy

Waffles and Pabu, you are treasures and I love you

I also love every dog, and good smoked barley and oolong tea with honey, and this weed, and you, yobfriends

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

When you get a little choked up with hope because there's so many good dogs and you are so glad that even in this hosed up hell world, there is a pure and good thing happening. And that happening is beautiful soft good dogs.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Jaded Burnout

One of my goals for the next 2 years is to have a house I’d be proud to bring a dog into.

2 years partly because of the amount of work still involved, but also because that’s roughly when my rats will reach the end of what I hope will have been a good rat life.

Farecoal

There he go

hamjobs posted:

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

what's up everybody, welcome to my TEDx Talk on how to do sweet weed vape trix

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Farecoal posted:

what's up everybody, welcome to my TEDx Talk on how to do sweet weed vape trix

Do it, vape dad

Goons Are Gifts

Those pictures are stunningly cute, I love it! :dogcited:
If you ever manage to get a video out of her, I'll gladly make it into a super cute gif av and gift it to anyone.

Goons Are Gifts

Also also, I can't believe it but it's actually Wednesday again!
As you may know from last week's episode of The Wednesday, I'm personally not a huge fan of the show, as weird stuff always happens on a Wednesday, that also tends to lack in energy and happiness.

However, I plan to go around this prophecy today by getting up happy, staying happy, do happy stuff in the snow and then have a happy Wednesday.
How are your Wednesdays usually? What do you plan to wednes today?

I wish you all a merry Wednesday, it's the last one of January, too! :woof:

Papa Was A Video Toaster

hoppy wed

City of Glompton

wednesday is always a bit weird for me too, but i enjoy seeing a new frog in the wednesday thread (thanks schmarson!)

Mummy Napkin
im gonna have a ballin wednesday because i get to hang out with this pup all day

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Mummy Napkin posted:

im gonna have a ballin wednesday because i get to hang out with this pup all day

why does he only have three legs?

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I was up until like, 5 AM last night because I got caught watching Zelda randomizer races, and now I am just preparing for another sloppy day sitting on my bed poking at the internet.

But its summer and I am chilling and I don't care.

I did manage to take out my recycling, and sweat, and now I am thinking about that food.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/9SM1cDZ.mp4

----------------

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

MockingQuantum posted:

ask and ye shall receive, eventually:

she said she was too shy for pictures:

but then she warmed up to the idea:

taking pictures is tiring, though, and she got all blepped out:

and yes, she occasionally sleeps with her tongue stuck out, and yes, it is heart-burstingly cute

(sadly she's kind of tough to get video of because she's either asleep/not doing anything or pinballing off of every surface in the house)

Mummy Napkin posted:

hamjobs posted:

:siren: CUTE DOG ALERT :siren:

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mummy Napkin

Luvcow posted:

why does he only have three legs?

she lost it in 'nam