Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
People seem to really like Mastery bridges for Fender offsets. I think they're kind of pricey, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Yeah I'm not willing to spend $200 on an $800 guitar... yet. I was hoping for a Fender made Mustang Bridge but they seem to be sold out everywhere.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If you have the original bridge on your Fender offset almost any sum of money is worth replacing it. It is somehow the single worst thing ever invented. Just a hateful scar on an otherwise unblemished record for early Fender.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
If you're in the UK or have a friend there, Staytrem bridges are very good and cheaper than Mastery. Unfortunately they stopped selling internationally a few months ago, though.

The newer bridges from the American Pro series are ok, but I still had issues with strings popping out:
https://darrenriley.com/store/fender-american-pro-jaguar-jazzmaster-bridge-7709942000/

Extortionist fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 26, 2019

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Extortionist posted:

If you're in the UK or have a friend there, Staytrem bridges are very good and cheaper than Mastery. Unfortunately they stopped selling internationally a few months ago, though.

The newer bridges from the American Pro series are ok, but I still had issues with strings popping out:
https://darrenriley.com/store/fender-american-pro-jaguar-jazzmaster-bridge-7709942000/

I managed to get a Staytrem bridge for my CP Jazzmaster just before they stopped shipping to the US, but it won't fit on the Jag.

What gauge strings are you using on the AMPro Bridge?

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I managed to get a Staytrem bridge for my CP Jazzmaster just before they stopped shipping to the US, but it won't fit on the Jag.

What gauge strings are you using on the AMPro Bridge?
11s. If the Staytrem doesn't fit I doubt the American Pro one would, though.

Looking at Mastery's guide it sounds like some Japanese ones need larger mounting posts, is that why it didn't fit?

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Extortionist posted:

11s. If the Staytrem doesn't fit I doubt the American Pro one would, though.

Looking at Mastery's guide it sounds like some Japanese ones need larger mounting posts, is that why it didn't fit?

The CP jazzmaster has an AOM bridge so the thimbles have screws which were used for bridge height adjustment. The Jag doesn't have those so dropping it in doesn't work.

LooksLikeABabyRat fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 26, 2019

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

What's another £150 on top of a pile of existing debt?... a Quik-Lok 926L double tier stand.

It's amazingly sturdy, and offers the needed support for the mounted linnstrument. There's absolutely no bounce with the arms.

Finally... not a purchase, but a gift... Emanuel, the owner of Audio Modeling gifted me the SWAM double reed library, meaning that I now have oboe, cor anglais, contrabassoon and bassoon to my mix. Now to wire everything up and dive in... I may be gone some time.

e: Updated image with everything turned on.

vvv Yup, I agree 100%. I tried cheaping out with some cheap tiger and stagg stands, and they just didn't cut it. One of them became structurally unstable after I bolted the monitor on it, and the others just gave too much bounce on the arms.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 28, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Having your gear sit comfortably so that it can be easily at reach is worth it, imho.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

It's here, and it's fantastic.

I'm gonna play around with it this weekend and then drop it off at my neighbor's. He's a professional luthier so he'll get is set up properly.

I'm also debating getting a Mustang bridge for it (or some other kind of bridge) but I'm having a hell of a time figuring out which one to get and what price is fair. Any ideas?

http://www.graphtech.com/products/product-detail/pq-8108-00-tusq-jaguar-jazzmaster-mustang-barrel-saddles---6-string

just swap the saddles for these and call it a day. the mastery is rock solid but this will do the same thing at a third of the price and the best part is it fits every bridge

it’s a shame the price went up on these; they were like $30 only four years ago

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

http://www.graphtech.com/products/product-detail/pq-8108-00-tusq-jaguar-jazzmaster-mustang-barrel-saddles---6-string

just swap the saddles for these and call it a day. the mastery is rock solid but this will do the same thing at a third of the price and the best part is it fits every bridge

it’s a shame the price went up on these; they were like $30 only four years ago

I wound up ordering a warmoth adjustable mustang bridge.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

fuctifino posted:

What's another £150 on top of a pile of existing debt?... a Quik-Lok 926L double tier stand.

It's amazingly sturdy, and offers the needed support for the mounted linnstrument. There's absolutely no bounce with the arms.

drat, I could really use one of these to free up some desk space. Would use the bottom tier for my yamaha keyboard that is pretty much just a MIDI controller and the top tier for my Minilogue. The Minilogue is ~20 inches, would it fit on the top tier?

Awesome setup dude, looks like a lot of fun.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

MrSargent posted:

drat, I could really use one of these to free up some desk space. Would use the bottom tier for my yamaha keyboard that is pretty much just a MIDI controller and the top tier for my Minilogue. The Minilogue is ~20 inches, would it fit on the top tier?

You can slide each arm left and right to be as close or as far apart as each other. I''ve also inserted a cheap tiger laptop stand onto it, but there are plenty of quiklok options to make custom rigs.

quote:

Awesome setup dude, looks like a lot of fun.

Yup, it is. It's early days, but it's a fun music creating environment, for sure. :)

Fuzz Boxer
Apr 28, 2007

sticking with whatever fails

Took a chance and bought this new online without ever playing one. It's the Squire J Mascis Jazzmaster. Very impressed for a Squire and I'm now wondering what I've been missing out on for that line. Satin neck finish it so nice.

I do get jazzy from time to time but have no desire to bump up to 11s for the strings. There was some buzz/rattle at the bridge that other folks complain about as well, I added the ugly but effective buzz buster between the bridge and the trem and it took care of that. No negative effect on that precious tone.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

That is one beautiful guitar.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Eddy Bulundees posted:

Took a chance and bought this new online without ever playing one. It's the Squire J Mascis Jazzmaster. Very impressed for a Squire and I'm now wondering what I've been missing out on for that line. Satin neck finish it so nice.

I do get jazzy from time to time but have no desire to bump up to 11s for the strings. There was some buzz/rattle at the bridge that other folks complain about as well, I added the ugly but effective buzz buster between the bridge and the trem and it took care of that. No negative effect on that precious tone.

Most people do 11s on JMs to reduce that rattle.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Squier is a good brand now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think JMs are my favorite guitar design tbh. My Classic Player JM is in the shop and I can’t wait to get it back

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Nice! I got one a few years ago the same way, bought it online without having played one. Haven't regretted it at all. It's a great guitar, I still play it all the time.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I totally love the aesthetics of it. When not being played, it makes an amazing bit of art to hang on the wall.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Ya'll are making me regret buying that Jag and selling off my CP JM.

Fuzz Boxer
Apr 28, 2007

sticking with whatever fails

Most people do 11s on JMs to reduce that rattle.

Yes, this is the most common advice and generally known to be true. It's just not how I roll these days.

I was "biggest strings I can find" guy years ago but as I've progressed in ability/finesse these old man hands play better and longer on smaller gauges.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Eddy Bulundees posted:

Yes, this is the most common advice and generally known to be true. It's just not how I roll these days.

I was "biggest strings I can find" guy years ago but as I've progressed in ability/finesse these old man hands play better and longer on smaller gauges.

I somehow spaced on the buzzstop. That's an easy way to fix it too. Those JM JMs are dope.

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

I went and bought a thing I've been looking at different models of for at least 5 years every month or so.

A Strandberg Boden Classic. It's pretty sweet so far.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think JMs are my favorite guitar design tbh. My Classic Player JM is in the shop and I can’t wait to get it back
Now that the make the Squier CV 60's Jazzmaster in lefty, I'm definitely thinking about picking one up.
(and then probably some kind of bridge...)

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Filling the Void with Chaos

sensy v2.0 posted:

I went and bought a thing I've been looking at different models of for at least 5 years every month or so.

Fuuuuuuuck man.

I was on the list (#49) for his original run of customs, but had to bail out because it took over a year to go like three spots and by that time I didn't have the $$$ anymore.

Still gonna pick up one, prob a letchford 8 sig just cos I need multi scale - but if the non-Swedish ones aren't too bad, maybe I'll go for them since they're cheaper (who's making the Boden's now?)

Rifter17
Mar 12, 2004
123 Not It
Cort is making them now in Indonesia. I, too, have done too much lusting.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

sensy v2.0 posted:

Welcome to the multi-scale/fanned-fret gang, sensy. We drop fools on Tuesdays and crack skulls on Thursdays. :respek:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I don't have pics to post yet, but I did a thing today:

I've been trying to get in line for a JEM7V. The supply seems to be dwindling.

A few hours ago I sourced one (a new one) and placed the order. I won't likely receive it until early March but I am in the order queue and I will receive one. I'm dying to get my hands on it.

I'll come back with pictures and stuff if all goes to plan. I've never put this much "buy a used car" monies into an instrument before.

If you know how much I love Ibanez RG guitars and the JEM in particular, you'll understand why this one is very important to me.

Stand by to stand by.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dr. Faustus posted:

I don't have pics to post yet, but I did a thing today:

I've been trying to get in line for a JEM7V. The supply seems to be dwindling.

A few hours ago I sourced one (a new one) and placed the order. I won't likely receive it until early March but I am in the order queue and I will receive one. I'm dying to get my hands on it.

I'll come back with pictures and stuff if all goes to plan. I've never put this much "buy a used car" monies into an instrument before.

If you know how much I love Ibanez RG guitars and the JEM in particular, you'll understand why this one is very important to me.

Stand by to stand by.

They're really pretty :3:

I am frantically waiting for the new Axion Label RGA61AL I bit on (+ nut replacement and plek + setup for NYXL light top heavy bottom[/url] and it's rough as gently caress especially since I got my tax refund way earlier than I thought I would.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Epi LP Special. Wanted a git with p90’s. Only $70 off craigslist. Plays and sounds great for the moneh.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

betterinsodapop posted:

Now that the make the Squier CV 60's Jazzmaster in lefty, I'm definitely thinking about picking one up.
(and then probably some kind of bridge...)

Hot drat, I could have use one of them when I bought my VM 6 years ago.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
It finally happened.

Got all the pieces of my new Denon setup in; 2 SC5000 and the x1800 mixer.
It's absolutely fantastic. Navigating using the touch screens is awesome and I will be so glad to remove my laptop from the equation.

I'm having a slight tinge of buyer's remorse, mostly because I was having a hella good time just spinning vinyl, but also because I already had all my digital stuff sorted out in Serato and all I need for that is my Numark NS6 ii.
I'm sure I'll change my tune once I finally get through the arduous task of moving music, and adding artwork and getting everything customized ~just right~.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I wish there were something like a "casual" DJ. That poo poo requires so much detail work, and I'd much rather bash a guitar or make weird whale farts with a synth to get something approaching music than crate diving, beatmatching, sample-tweaking, and reading a crowd. Playlists? That I can do. Actually DJing? gently caress no. Gonna leave that poo poo to the pros.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

You can skip everything involving an audience and call it producing.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

rickiep00h posted:

to get something approaching music than crate diving
you don't have to do this but it's nice to have something better than "now this is what I call music" part lxviii

quote:

beatmatching
don't have to do this either, sync button supremacy

also, traktor allows you to set markers in the songs that can trigger other decks to start playing, so put two songs together and the second song starts playing without even having to involve you at all, all you have to do is select the next song and fade out the previous one.

think of it like this: beatmatching used to require practice, if the beats sounded like poor freckles just before he thought of ants you hosed up. i.e. a good dj can beatmatch. sync button beatmatches automatically (but won't help you with kick/snare mismatches and 4-8-16 fuckups), which means that what used to be "you have to be a good dj" has now become a baseline expectation, like "i can autonomously breathe", but people still like their gatekeeping and act as if you must be able to beatmatch manually. you don't, you just shouldn't lose track of count like a stupid audience that claps on the 1 and 3.

quote:

sample-tweaking
don't have to do this either unless you are in dire need of airhorn sounds. looping a part and then throwing half a dozen fx on top of it for 3 minutes is the equivalent of a self-indulgent solo.

quote:

and reading a crowd
don't need this either, just be quirky and tell folks to suck it up cuz' if they don't dance they're no friends of mine

semi-seriouspost: the denons are expensive because all of that poo poo is self-contained and you don't have to buy a laptop and a semi-deece audio interface because that's basically what these things have built in. you can use your laptop for other things, but you can't use the denons for other things. on the other hand, that also means they won't distract you with updates or let wifi cripple latency

i am a fake dj who wants to mostly show the audience how clever i am so i prepare my mix and don't take requests. people love it

namaste

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Laserjet 4P posted:

you don't have to do this but it's nice to have something better than "now this is what I call music" part lxviii

https://twitter.com/nowthatsmusic/status/1091363599489077248?s=21

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Nice.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Ok so my finances almost got hosed (it'll be fine) but as I was ordering this "back-ordered" JEM7V there was one clearing into inventory and it's shipping. Scheduled for delivery on Tuesday.

Um.

Will be posting pics much sooner than expected!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dr. Faustus posted:

Ok so my finances almost got hosed (it'll be fine) but as I was ordering this "back-ordered" JEM7V there was one clearing into inventory and it's shipping. Scheduled for delivery on Tuesday.

Um.

Will be posting pics much sooner than expected!

I am infinitely jealous and excited for you :3: