Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
so these are 'one day, must log in' type things right?

I wanted to drive the dumb bow car am I late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Hugh Malone posted:

so these are 'one day, must log in' type things right?

I wanted to drive the dumb bow car am I late

If course not just need to pay the 900,000$ late tax or whatever it is :( it’s in Legendary I think

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
ah, word. thanks!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Today is the free attack Buzzard on the Warstock website. This buys you the right to call Pegasus to spawn one for you, and also makes it free from your office asst and CEO menu. If you own a hangar, you can call to spawn one, then fly it into your hangar and it will keep it there as a personal customizable vehicle(and still allow you to call one up). Remember that if you do customize one of these, you need to fly it out of the hangar or call it from the menu>vehicles>aircraft method to use the custom one. If you use the CEO or assistant it will spawn the "default" one

If you have trouble with these freebies(they show a price and not free on the website) make sure you actually play for a few minutes, go out to the street or to a different office/apartment/house/etc to force the game to save/load and recognize that you're there. Sometimes the triggered message doesn't pop immediately after getting into a lobby

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pegasus and the concierge both charge a fee IIRC, it's only free if you call it in as a personal vehicle through the interaction menu.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
holy poo poo a free buzzard

I honestly never thought I'd ever see the day.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
is it the armed buzzard or the weaponless one?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Armed

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Suckers. I got a buzzard during that brief period on PS3 when I had a billion dollars

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

wow, that's nicer than i expected from rockstar. pour one out for 2013 when it was the most overpowered thing in the game and now they're just giving everyone one because the creep is so real :v:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Psion posted:

wow, that's nicer than i expected from rockstar. pour one out for 2013 when it was the most overpowered thing in the game and now they're just giving everyone one because the creep is so real :v:

Can't wait for 2023, free Oppressor MK-2s for everyone! At that point we'll be on Oppressor MK-7 which is twice as fast, holds 5 people and has homing 50 cal bullets.

nifty1
Feb 9, 2010
yooo if you're trying to decide which properties to buy this interactive map is really useful https://www.gtaboss.gg/map/

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Medullah posted:

Can't wait for 2023, free Oppressor MK-2s for everyone! At that point we'll be on Oppressor MK-7 which is twice as fast, holds 5 people and has homing 50 cal bullets.

And has anime paintjob options!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Free Insurgent Pickup today. Didn't believe it until I got it myself, but after playing a bit, I got the notification on-screen and the price went to FREE in Warstock.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Sintax posted:

Free Insurgent Pickup today. Didn't believe it until I got it myself, but after playing a bit, I got the notification on-screen and the price went to FREE in Warstock.

Is this the version you can garage? Or do you need to take it to your MOCvengerbyte and convert it

Still v cool between this and the buzzard

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Is this the version you can garage? Or do you need to take it to your MOCvengerbyte and convert it

Still v cool between this and the buzzard

You still need to make it a personal vehicle in a MOC.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
What's not cool is doing stuff like this on the busiest days of the year so only friendless neckbeards get the stuff. Rockstar is literally saying your time otherwise spent with family & friends is worth almost nothing.

I don't really play this game anymore because it's just majorly boring. It's fun to terrorize a lobby for maybe a half hour before you get run off by a modding white knight. Heists are good, but get extra repetitive once you realize every enemy spawns in the same exact place on the map every time. Same going for most of the missions, in & out of free roam.

I just wish Rockstar would put this game out to pasture & give everyone a zillion funbux instead of everyone having to beg a modder for it I guess. :shrug:

Happy New Year :toot:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It's ok to be done with a game after experiencing its content. What's weird is that people assign that as a negative trait, the idea that it isn't infinite

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

What's not cool is doing stuff like this on the busiest days of the year so only friendless neckbeards get the stuff. Rockstar is literally saying your time otherwise spent with family & friends is worth almost nothing.

I don't really play this game anymore because it's just majorly boring. It's fun to terrorize a lobby for maybe a half hour before you get run off by a modding white knight. Heists are good, but get extra repetitive once you realize every enemy spawns in the same exact place on the map every time. Same going for most of the missions, in & out of free roam.

I just wish Rockstar would put this game out to pasture & give everyone a zillion funbux instead of everyone having to beg a modder for it I guess. :shrug:

I read that GTA online is consistently in the top 10 most profitable games each year. I don't see them cashing in their cash cow quite yet.

Edit - and as far as friendless neckbeards only being able to get the bonuses, it's literally a login bonus. Takes 2 minutes to log in and qualify for the rewards. :D

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
you don't need friends or a hairless neck to be press-ganged into eating a turkey dinner with your family somewhere far far away from your sweet gaming rig/consoles.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

I mean yes I agree, but on the other hand you do only need to log in for 2 minutes in a 24 hour period to get the free vehicles.

If you're talking about the 2x grind fest then yeah that's definitely for the friendless.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

No new vehicles this week but now in Ammonations you can pick up 2 new lasers. The raygun got added last week and its fun as hell since its mostly a push and not a lot of damage per shot. The new ones are the MG and minigun. Not sure if they are ammo or charge based, or how they compare to their bullet fed brothers

Most of my SHORT BUS collection, got a few more but they're locked to other garages

Rumpo Custom, Nightshark, Future Brutus, Dubsta 6x6, Stretch Patriot
Surfer, Mini Classic, Romero

The wheels on that middle one light up and match then neon underglow, but to do that you need to keep the stock wheels and adjust the accent color- Yellow is not an option but Race Yellow is. UGH!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

$500,000 for each of the new guns is a bit steep, but you gotta spend money to lose money, right?
If you're doing alien or space ranger roleplaying then you'll want them for sure. If not, then for now it's jsut a novelty that other cheaper weapons do as good or better. None of the 3 new guns look to have a level requirement, so that may be a factor if you want to pay the tax and avoid waiting until 120 for the minigun

The Widowmaker is same class as the minigun. Much quicker spinup(almost no delay) and very little recoil. The accuracy seems a little less, and I was seeing some weirdness with the aim crosshair, like it should be on target but the shots were lower and hitting something in the way. I still want to do some practical side by side testing(set up a few cars the same distance away and time it from click to boom) but this should be able to replace the minigun and not need to carry both. Uses the same ammo as minigun also

The Hellbringer is same class as the combat MG, but it's closer to a not upgraded combat MG with no modifications(there aren't any other than paints). There's no "ammo" no reload time, I didn't play w this one enough to see what the down side to it is(maybe a cooloff like the raygun?) There's a lot of recoil on it, and the accuracy is v poor compared to the MG. This one also has no modifications other than paints so it's a bit harder sell to replace the wombat MG, especially if you have upgraded to MkII and use special ammo types. But it makes a neat laser noise. Also want some more play time w this before a final vote on if it goes into the closet or not

edit: yeah it does use MG ammo, but could fire all 9999 rounds without a break so thats one plus over the combat MG, although with the big mag you can do 200 at a time. If you're regularly bursting off more than 200 at a go, then this might be for you!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 9, 2019

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I had read that the Hellbringer uses the same ammo pool as the combat machine gun, but requires no reloading. I also heard it's bugged where if you have it equipped and die you lose all your ammo.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Hellbringer and Widowmaker definitely use ammo in their weapon class.

I've read about the ammo loss bug, but when I died I didn't lose any more than normal. So either they fixed that with a background update, or it only affects consoles and not PC, or it's just buggy like everything in GTAO.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

The thing I read about the bugged ammo was dying during a heist caused the loss. Going to assume it's normal R* stuff and itll patch up eventually, who knows

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

So it's in missions- heists, adversary modes, jobs etc. where you lose all the ammo for those weapons if you die holding them.

In freeroam, if you die holding them, you only lose 100 rounds but you'll actually drop the full amount, which another player can pick up if you want to give someone 9000 minigun rounds lmao

I think these guns simply weren't meant to use ammo but they decided at the last minute that they wanted the additional money sink and kludged it on without testing it.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

$700,000 for a 70s Malibu (Declasse Tulip)
It looks like decent customizing options, appropriate livery stripes and such

I've been having fun with the stupid little arena Issi in freeroam. It takes a ton of physical damage and just bounces off or spins out. The scoop on front will send most vehicles flying or at least the gently caress out your way. The fixed guns are pretty strong, and on the tiny chassis theyre a little easier to aim, but they don't add much unless thats already a part of your game. Still having a blast(HA HA) with the kinetic mines. I stacked up 5 at the top of a hill and drove at it full speed, hopping >just< before I got to it(so that it triggered while I was over it) and marked about 600 ft on a 'longest jump in vehicle' challenge. Rear mortar is one I usually forget about but is pretty cool when I remember and am leading a parade of cops through town

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Agreed

And I didn’t realize that the triple bug catcher’s butterfly valves open with the throttle now. Gotta admit that it bothered me that they don’t On other cars.

Wish they were updated too... my Sabre turbo custom needs this!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

If you ain't first, you're last :clint:

Really kinda loving the fact that they put in a Talladega Nights based livery, which in turn is based off Smokey Yunick's old race livery.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1087738054746476544

Its a pretty car
I/E sales are 1.5X $
Crate sales are 2X $
Hunting Pack Remix is 2X $ and RP
Scramjet(Mach 5) and Kanjali tank are also %30ish off

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/1087738054746476544

Its a pretty car
I/E sales are 1.5X $
Crate sales are 2X $
Hunting Pack Remix is 2X $ and RP
Scramjet(Mach 5) and Kanjali tank are also %30ish off

Hunting pack remix is okay. Am I still banned from discord?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Hunting pack remix is okay. Am I still banned from discord?

GTA Discord is dead. Long live GTA Discord.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
lol their car ads are always so on point

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Realized I need to go through and paintmatch my hot dog garage(Race Yellow X Torino Red), there's a few that are a little bit off. Out on the road they look fine, but there's some clash when the gang's all together.

There really really really needs to be a director/creator mode that allows multiple PVs out at the same time for photo ops. Garage shots are ok as long as you're under 10 cars, and I really do like the new vantage point/layout of the NC garages, but they lack the props and staging you can do out in the wild. Or having things spread into other garages(bunker, IE special garage, etc) If they need to be walled off from the outside world, then let me buy a drat parking lot that's just a 50 car garage, and I can drive around like inside the bunker, or a flexible grid like the hangar. How about a valet attendant who can summon vehicles from various owned garages into the lot?

But seriously, for a collection that spans multiple floors in a CEO garage plus a couple other locations, is using the R* video creator the best way to stitch together some steadycam shots and STAR-WIPE between floors?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
yeah, we used to be able to bring out as many cars as we want. a player just had to be looking at them the whole time. you could only drive the last car you brought out, but one time me and otes and dread and alpha filled up the parking lot at the golf course. good times. if I can find a pic I will post it in a few

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

those were the days...

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Realized I need to go through and paintmatch my hot dog garage(Race Yellow X Torino Red), there's a few that are a little bit off. Out on the road they look fine, but there's some clash when the gang's all together.

There really really really needs to be a director/creator mode that allows multiple PVs out at the same time for photo ops. Garage shots are ok as long as you're under 10 cars, and I really do like the new vantage point/layout of the NC garages, but they lack the props and staging you can do out in the wild. Or having things spread into other garages(bunker, IE special garage, etc) If they need to be walled off from the outside world, then let me buy a drat parking lot that's just a 50 car garage, and I can drive around like inside the bunker, or a flexible grid like the hangar. How about a valet attendant who can summon vehicles from various owned garages into the lot?

But seriously, for a collection that spans multiple floors in a CEO garage plus a couple other locations, is using the R* video creator the best way to stitch together some steadycam shots and STAR-WIPE between floors?

You should really look into single player modding. Afaik that's how the GTA Geographic guy on YouTube does his videos. You can spawn basically anything you want & there's almost no limit probably crash the game if you spawn a ton of heavy poo poo

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I ended up buying the new RC truck despite the absolutely absurd price of $1.7mil and uh.

It's pretty hilarious and also fairly well implemented. It's stored in your Arena Workshop on its own little table, and you can customize it from there. It has multiple bodies, a set of liveries that you can apply to all of them, and the usual wheels, paint colors, etc. It has a vertical jump like the Ruiner, it can equip Kinetic or EMP mines, you can slap a remote explosive on it, and as far as I can tell it has unlimited range and battery.

NPCs absolutely freak the hell out when you drive it near them. It has enough weight to ragdoll people to the ground if you fling it into someone with enough speed and force. I haven't managed to kill anyone by running into / over them, but I can see this being hilarious if you can use it to mess with other players :allears:

Hood cam is also really fun. Makes for an interesting drive around the city.

Physics-wise, it's weird as hell. It's incredibly floaty, surprisingly fast, and it absolutely hate stairs and curbs. Navigating sidewalks is an adventure, and it's real easy to flip this thing onto the roof. So, accurate. Interesting things of note, it is always in your inventory. To drive it, you open the menu, go to inventory, and hit the option to play with your RC Bandito. From what I can tell, it pulls your actual character out of the world. Also, any wanted level you get with the truck is applied to you as well. I blew up an FBI SUV with the remote explosive, got a 3*, and found myself in a police chase :v:

It's fun. I don't think I'd recommend buying it unless you're hacker rich and have stupid amounts of money to blow, but I imagine i'll end up playing with this thing pretty regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Whoa that's awesome. Can you make races for it? That's the first thing I've seen that makes me want to jump back in in a while.