Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I'd call it an HM myself. Emotionally it hit all the right notes and there were some great moments, but I can't classify it in that upper echelon of matches I've seen already this year (less than a month old!). Definitely a really enjoyable match well worth seeing though.

Agreed on the HM. Definitely worth to go out of your way to watch it, but not Gargano-Ricochet or Ibushi-Ospreay level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Jerusalem posted:

I really liked that match :smith:

I liked it too... I didn't like the commentary much, and there were awkward moments when Ronda didn't follow Bayley's lead. But I thought it was good.

I'm also an absolutely unrepentant Bayley fan though, so who knows.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Motyc : KUSHIDA vs Tanahashi, road to new beginning 1/29

Obviously bittersweet but an excellent match and a nice goodbye for KUSHIDA. Good luck in the wwe

Nth

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Tried to watch the Volador Jr. vs Caristico match but I just couldn't take someone honking his stupid loving horn 99% of the time. Also don't want to watch it muted because I need sound in my pro wrestling. I guess what I saw was pretty impressive but Caristico looked like an absolute idiot taking all those dives right in his face.

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HOOOOOOOONNNKKKK

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

extradite THIS! posted:

Tried to watch the Volador Jr. vs Caristico match but I just couldn't take someone honking his stupid loving horn 99% of the time. Also don't want to watch it muted because I need sound in my pro wrestling. I guess what I saw was pretty impressive but Caristico looked like an absolute idiot taking all those dives right in his face.

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HOOOOOOOONNNKKKK

Ah the authentic lucha experience.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Ah the authentic lucha experience.

Pretty much my experience with lucha, yes

Sadly, I guess. It's not for me.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Jerusalem posted:

I'd call it an HM myself. Emotionally it hit all the right notes and there were some great moments, but I can't classify it in that upper echelon of matches I've seen already this year (less than a month old!). Definitely a really enjoyable match well worth seeing though.

Same. Really good though, and I loved the crowd.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Kushida vs Tanahashi - Great mat wrestling match and I almost bit on that Back to the Future

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I almost bit on that Back to the Future

I absolutely 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt KNEW that Tanahashi was going to win that match, and I still believed for one beautiful, pure second that KUSHIDA had him :allears:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
From the moment Kushida got the knees up on the high fly flow, until Tanahashi kicked out of the back to the future; I was one hundred percent convinced Kushida was going to win and somehow stay in New Japan and move to heavyweight. That is how good that match was at making me believe in the babyface.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The following are all MOTYC.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kenny Omega (c), IWGP World, Wrestle Kingdom 13
Tetsuya Naito vs. Chris Jericho (c), IWGP Intercontinental, Wrestle Kingdom 13
Will Ospreay vs. Kota Ibushi (c), NEVER Openweight, Wrestle Kingdom 13
Jay White vs. Kazuchika Okada, Wrestle Kingdom 13
Bárbaro Cavernario vs. Soberano Jr. , FantasticaMania 1/18
Andrade Almas vs. Rey Mysterio, Smackdown (1/15)
Caristico vs. Volador Jr., FantasticaMania 1/21
Angel de Oro, El Soberano Jr. & Niebla Roja vs. El Cuatrero, Forastero & Sanson (c), Mexican National Trios, Super Viernes (1/4)
Dragón Lee & Místico vs. Cuatrero & Sansón, FantasticaMania 1/18
Ángel de Oro & Titán vs. Cuatrero & Templario, FantasticaMania 1/20
Gran Guerrero & Último Guerrero vs. Dragón Lee & Místico, FantasticaMania 1/20
Fenix and Pentagon Jr. vs. Ortiz and Santana (c), Impact World Tag Team, Homecoming
Bobby Lashley, Dean Ambrose & Drew McIntyre vs. Finn Balor, John Cena & Seth Rollins, Raw (1/7)
Becky Lynch vs. Carmella vs. Charlotte Flair, Smackdown (1/8)

The following are my HM selections.

Taiji Ishimori vs. KUSHIDA (c), IWGP Junior Heavyweight, Wrestle Kingdom 13
Yuji Nagata & Jeff Cobb & Kushida vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Hirooki Goto & Will Ospreay, New Year's Dash
Dragon Lee vs. El Barbaro Cavernario, Super Viernes (1/4)
Dragon Lee and Mistico vs. Flyer and Volador Jr., FantasticaMania 1/16
Carístico, Cavernario, & Namajague vs. Audaz, Sobreano Jr., Volador Jr., FantasticaMania 1/20
Becky Lynch vs. Asuka (c), Smackdown Women's, Royal Rumble
Finn Balor vs. Brock Lesnar (c), WWE Universal, Royal Rumble
Ángel de Oro, Atlantis, & Titán vs. Cuatrero, Forastero and Sansón (c), Mexican National Trios, FantasticaMania 1/21
Gran Guerrero, Namajague, and Último Guerrero vs. Dragón Lee, Místico, and Soberano Jr., FantasticaMania 1/21
Angel de Oro, El Soberano Jr. & Audaz vs. Barbaro Cavernario, Namajague, and Okumura, FantasticaMania 1/16
Audaz & Flyer vs. Bárbaro Cavernario & Templario, FantasticaMania 1/21
Sasha Banks vs. Ronda Rousey (c), Raw Women's, Royal Rumble
Ethan Page vs. Jake Crist vs. Rich Swann vs. Trey Miguel, Ultimate X, X-Division, Homecoming
Andrade Almas & Samoa Joe vs. Mustafa Ali & Rey Mysterio, Smackdown (1/8)
Men's Royal Rumble, Royal Rumble
Atlantis and Atlantis Jr. vs. Cuartero and Sanson, FantasticaMania 1/16
BUSHI, El Terrible, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito vs. SHO, Satoshi Kojima, Toa Henare & YOH, FantasticaMania 1/21
Women's Royal Rumble, Royal Rumble
Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso, Smackdown 1/8

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 31, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM: 2nd February 2019, The New Beginning In Sapporo Night 1 - SANADA vs Minoru Suzuki
HM: 2nd February 2019, The New Beginning In Sapporo Night 1 - EVIL vs Zack Sabre Jr

Two really fun matches that build perfectly for tomorrow's IWGP Tag Team Championship clash

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

forkboy84 posted:

HM: 2nd February 2019, The New Beginning In Sapporo Night 1 - SANADA vs Minoru Suzuki
HM: 2nd February 2019, The New Beginning In Sapporo Night 1 - EVIL vs Zack Sabre Jr

Two really fun matches that build perfectly for tomorrow's IWGP Tag Team Championship clash

Yeah i would agree with those.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I'll n'th these too.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
HM: Lucha Bros. vs. Hart Foundation, MLW Superfight 2/2/19

Fun times

EDIT: It's up on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QQaqJbZoxk

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 3, 2019

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
MOTYC: Rey Mysterio vs. Andrade in a 2-out-of-3 Falls match - WWE Smackdown 1/22

How the gently caress Rey can still be so quick and innovative at his age and the condition of his body belies belief. Andrade is able to keep up with him every step of the way and it made for an absolutely incredible match full of insane moves, big spots and innovative counters aided by a hot crowd that was fully into the match and absolutely invested in the face/heel dynamic. The ending may detract slightly from the match, but the match itself was so good I can't really hold it against it.
[/quote]

I nth this because it’s really good plus i love how Lucha the 2nd fall is. And I guess the third too.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
HM: Shingo/BUSHI vs. Desperado/Kanemaru, NJPW New Beginning 2/3

Incredible second half

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Benne posted:

Incredible second half

2nd

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Benne posted:

Incredible second half

Agreed, so, SO much better than the Jr. Tag at Wrestle Kingdom

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Benne posted:

Incredible second half

forkboy84 posted:

nthing all of these and:

HM: 3 Feb 2019, New Beginning in Sapporo - Yoshi-Hashi/Kazuchika Okada/Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chase Owens/Bad Luck Fale/Jay White

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

Incredible second half

Agreed

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

karmicknight posted:

nthing all of these and:

HM: 3 Feb 2019, New Beginning in Sapporo - Yoshi-Hashi/Kazuchika Okada/Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chase Owens/Bad Luck Fale/Jay White

forkboy84 posted:

I’m gonna nth all of these too while I’m at it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

Incredible second half

Yep

And +1 to Rey/Andrade MOTYC from 1/22 if I didn't already.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Those all deserve a HM.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Benne posted:

Incredible second half

Nth

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I have no idea what Taichi vs Tetsuya Naito was but I'd recommend checking it out.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

TTBF posted:

I have no idea what Taichi vs Tetsuya Naito was but I'd recommend checking it out.

Agreed

Certainly one of the craziest NJPW main events in a while

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I wanted to nom it for Worst Match but then they made up for it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I feel like it deserves the big Roman Reigns match treatment where it gets nominated for both MOTYC and WMOTYC.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It is definitely a match people should watch, I can't really say whether I liked it or not, or liked parts and disliked others, but I can't deny the crowd was super loving into everything from start to finish.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Fuminori Abe vs. Ryota Nakatsu (c) for the Union Pro MAX Championship - BASARA 87: Banquet (1/29)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bl9EUDBdfM

Absolutely great match. Fuminori Abe is probably the most underrated guy in pro wrestling right now

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

Benne posted:

Incredible second half

nth

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

HM: Lucha Bros. vs. Hart Foundation, MLW Superfight 2/2/19

Fun times

2nd

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Here's some more MOTYC:

Hanson and Rowe vs. Kyle O'Reilly and Roderick Strong (c), NXT Tag Team, NXT TakeOver: Phoenix
Johnny Gargano vs. Ricochet (c), NXT North American, NXT TakeOver: Phoenix
Aleister Black vs. Tommaso Ciampa (c), NXT, NXT TakeOver: Phoenix
Rush vs. Euforia, CMLL on Marca 1/18 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVT27441ZjM&t=7304s

Here are some more HMs:

Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Kohei Sato, ZERO1 Happy New Year (1/1)
David Starr vs. PAC, Defiant Loaded #6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JohTJyZEZO4
Kassius Ohno vs. Matt Riddle, NXT TakeOver: Phoenix
Dragon Lee, King Phoenix, and Penta 0M vs. Cuartero, Forastero, and Templario, CMLL on Martes (1/1) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlB568rZiQI&t=6154s
Dragon Lee vs. Terrible, CMLL on Marca 2/1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2oAnfuHeTY&t=8120s
Bianca Belair vs. Shayna Bazsler (c), NXT Women, NXT TakeOver: Phoenix

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'm probably the only one who watched it, but yesterday's World's Collide tournament had a bunch of HM's imo
Tyler Bate vs Donovan Dijakovic Quarter Finals
Velveteen Dream vs Jordan Devlin Semi Finals
Jordan Devlin vs Drew Gulak Quarter Finals
Adam Cole vs Tyler Bate Semi Finals
Velveteen Dream vs Tyler Bate Finals

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm probably the only one who watched it, but yesterday's World's Collide tournament had a bunch of HM's imo
Tyler Bate vs Donovan Dijakovic Quarter Finals
Velveteen Dream vs Jordan Devlin Semi Finals
Jordan Devlin vs Drew Gulak Quarter Finals
Adam Cole vs Tyler Bate Semi Finals
Velveteen Dream vs Tyler Bate Finals

Ill 2nd all of these, it was a great show

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, and Adam Cole vs Velveteen Dream, Alister Black, and Ricochet. Halftime Heat 2/3/19

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

MOTYC: Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, and Adam Cole vs Velveteen Dream, Alister Black, and Ricochet. Halftime Heat 2/3/19

Seconded times a thousand

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

2nd2nd2nd2nd2nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah!