Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I forgot this thread existed.

I'm salty they didn't keep zombies in the tournament mode while it's here. I like zombies dammit! But anyways if any goons want to duo or squad up my in game name is clustercluck and I'm on na east. I got like 375 wins and 25 pins as high as 37 in duo and 29 in solo, so if anyone wants to get sweaty and tryhard I'm down but I also like to just gently caress around and I don't care if you're not great at the game I just like playing with people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

#Limited Time Mode: Solid Gold

**Summary**

All things that glitter are gold in this Limited Time Mode! All weapon spawns are Legendary with increased material gathering. Drop in now and earn that Victory Royale.

**Mode Details**

- All weapon drops are Legendary.
- Increased amount of materials received from gathering.

#Weapons + Items

- Chiller Grenade
- The Chiller Grenade will knock players back, causing them to slide along the ground.
- Allies, enemies, and vehicles hit with the Chiller Grenade will slip around with icy feet/wheels for a duration of 7
seconds.
- Drops in stacks of 3.
- Max stack size of 6.
- Common rarity.
- Can be found from Floor Loot and Vending Machines.
- Cozy Campfire - Updated Visuals
We’ve updated the visual effects of Cozy Campfires to more clearly indicate when a campfire is in use or burnt out.
- Vaulted
- Bolt-action Sniper Rifle
- Burst Rifle
- Heavy Shotgun
- SMG
- Common, Uncommon, and Rare
- Unvaulted
- Suppressed SMG
- Common, Uncommon, and Rare
Reduced the drop chance of Dual Pistol from floor loot from 2.24% to 1.38%.

**Bug Fixes**

- Balloons no longer collide with vehicles.
- This resolves an issue where vehicles could be damaged when using Balloons while on a vehicle.

#Gameplay

- Memory and networking optimization for Apples and Mushrooms.
- Added unique vehicle specific messages in the feed when players are eliminated or downed.
- Edit Delay
- Re-enabled client-side editing improvements.
- These were turned off in 7.20 due to an input bug they were causing.
- Fixed Boogie Bombs not affecting players that are wearing the Sneaky Snowman when struck on exposed legs/feet.
- Fixed Sneaky Snowman’s last charge breaking away right after applying if another Sneaky Snowman is present in a different inventory slot.
- Fixed an issue where the glider would auto-deploy closer to the ground than expected when holding glider redeploy from the bus.
- Fixed the X-4 Stormwing’s health bar occasionally not displaying.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in a Sneaky Snowman if it landed next to them.
- Increased the amount of materials gained from looting Chests and Floor Loot from 20 to 30.
- Increased the number of materials received from Supply Drops from 40 to 60.

**Bug Fixes**

- Aim assist now targets enemies on vehicles rather than the base of the vehicles they’re occupying.
- Quickly switching to Traps then weapons on gamepads no longer causes players to shoot or swing pickaxes.
- Supply Drop balloons now take environmental damage, including damage from explosives or biplanes gun.
- Fixed instances of a free wall piece showing as placeable but not building.
- Fixed player cameras from becoming distorted when another player enters a Zipline.
- Fixed an issue where the magnet on the Zipline could be invisible on use.
- Fixed an issue where boost visual effects could appear while operating a vehicle near a Zipline.
- Players can now properly progress through and complete the Week 4 “Use an X-4 Stormwing plane in different matches” Challenge.
- Screens no longer shake uncontrollably after after walking on icy surfaces.
- Players will no longer lose the ability to turn the X-4 Stormwing after hitting terrain/structures.

#Playground

- The Guided Missile has been removed from Playgrounds.
- Removed the Spiky Stadium Supply Drop.
- This will remove the ability to loot the Spiky Stadium as well as Impulse Grenades.
- This was done due to an issue that was sending players back to the Lobby.

#Events

- New Tournament Added: Architect Pop-Up Cup (Solo, Duo, and Squads)
- Settings from previous Pop-Up Cup tournaments still apply to this tournament.
- Within this mode, player built structures can now be edited by any player, regardless of team status.
- This is an experiment that we’d like to try out in this testing environment, but aren’t quite sure of the full impact. We’d love to hear feedback from your experiences playing with this change.
- Tournaments may now feature leaderboards for each event session, highlighting top performers.
- Participating in tournaments now requires a minimum account level of 10.

#Performance

**Bug Fixes**

- Smoothed out drops in framerate that could happen with large changes in view direction and rendered character counts.

#Audio

- Added a fuse sound to the Grenade.

**Bug Fixes**

- Fixed emote music overlapping with lobby music depending on the way volume sliders were configured.

#UI

- Show total party eliminations on the HUD if your team wins.
- Added additional models to the "Cycle Models" list when viewing Wraps in the Battle Pass or Item Shop.
- The party colors have been restored to Blue, Red, Purple, and Yellow. To distinguish players in LTMs like Food Fight.
- There are new icons for non-squad teammates and the opponent icons on the minimap.
- Rotating the camera on the Battle Bus no longer has an oscillating/swimming effect on the minimap.
- Fixed an issue in the Net Debug UI that would cause it to show a ping value that was too high.

**Bug Fixes**

- Fixed issue where weapons were not equipping when double-clicking in the inventory after swapping their quickbar slots.
- Fix an issue where teammates scores would not be displayed.
- Fixed incorrect elimination count information occurring in large team modes.
- Fixed player sorting order in the player reporting UI.
- Fixed an issue where some of the leaderboard UI could sometimes blink repeatedly.
- Fixed an issue where the 'Spectator' button in the Player Reporting menu would only select the first player you spectated.
- Fixed an issue where the playlist selection screen could sometimes show an incorrect selection after leaving a party.
- Fixed a display issue with the item pick-up prompt that would sometimes occur after opening an ammo box.
- Fix lobby preview lengths of Pumpernickel, Running Man, Dance Therapy, and Hot Marat emotes.

#Art + Animation

- Celebrate Super Bowl LIII with new Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots uniforms added to the Fourth Down Outfit set. Drop in and represent your favorite team!
- All players who previously purchased the Fourth Down set will be granted these variants.

#Replay

**Bug Fixes**

- Fixed weapon animations playing twice for each shot fired in replays.
- Fixed an issue where camera/lens settings could display incorrect initial values.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to play an out of date replay selects another replay.
- Fixed players appearing jittery while using Ziplines in replays.
- Fixed Boombox music not playing when watching replays.

#Social

- The Streamer Mode setting has been replaced with two separate settings:
- Anonymous Mode
- This will display your name as “Anonymous” to all players that are not in your squad.
- Your account info will still be attached to reports submitted by other players using the Player Reporting feature.
- Hide Other Player Names
- This will display all other player names as “Player” unless they are in your squad.
- Neither of these settings will be functional when playing in a Tournament match.

**Bug Fixes**

- Party Invite Notifications will now appear when in the Game Mode select screen. Accepting the invite from the notification will take you to the proper game mode and join the party.
- Fixed an issue that could cause some party members to fail to matchmake with a “Version Mismatch” error if a party member joined, readied up, and matchmaking was started in rapid succession.

#Mobile

- Mobile Controller support
- Android: most of Bluetooth controller adapters, such as Steelseries Stratus XL, Gamevice, XBox1, Razer Raiju, and Moto Gamepad.
- iOS: MFi controllers, such as Steelseries Nimbus and Gamevice.
- Disabled phone vibration if a gamepad attached.
- 60Hz on select Android models
- We are rolling out 60Hz support (to be enabled in settings) on select Android devices. We have been working with our partners on optimizations and are rolling this out initially on the following specific models.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (USA variant)
- Huawei Honor View 20
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Added audio visualization icons for vehicles and Balloons

**Bug Fixes**

- Fixed an issue causes players to be unable to build multiple structure types while simultaneously holding down the build button and changing build types.
- Fixed Harvesting Tool button no longer swaps back to the previously selected weapon
- Fixed Multiple simultaneous button presses on mobile can disable the fire button
- Fixed No padlock icon appears on the directional pad when locking with auto-run on mobile.
- Fixed Several UI buttons having lower resolution than the other buttons.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
So they vaulted four guns, reduced the spawn rate of one, and then unvaulted a single gun? Cool.

I'm starting to think theses guys don't know what they're doing.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a wallhack or some other way of seeing players through walls going around at the moment? If I have a daily like outlive players or make top 6 in squads but don't have time to play I usually park myself in an already looted house and just hide somewhere, but lately when I do this I eventually have someone come up to the house and just start shooting at the wall I'm directly behind from the outside without any possible way of seeing any trace of me. I don't know if part of player models can clip through walls or anything but I take that into account just in case. Did they add something that makes your position show up on the map if you're stationary for too long to stop people from afking or something?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

bango skank posted:

Is there a wallhack or some other way of seeing players through walls going around at the moment? If I have a daily like outlive players or make top 6 in squads but don't have time to play I usually park myself in an already looted house and just hide somewhere, but lately when I do this I eventually have someone come up to the house and just start shooting at the wall I'm directly behind from the outside without any possible way of seeing any trace of me. I don't know if part of player models can clip through walls or anything but I take that into account just in case. Did they add something that makes your position show up on the map if you're stationary for too long to stop people from afking or something?

Are you standing still? If not sound might give you away.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
You can see enemy players on the minimap in some modes, mostly the respawn modes... though it does seem like they change their minds weekly on displaying them or not.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

bango skank posted:

There's definitely some hacks going around, because I've been seeing this too. It's very blatant. They pretty much always shoot the walls down to get to you, too.

One time after one of those fucks navigated perfectly around two traps and effortlessly countered me sitting in a turret, they then proceeded to magically pinpoint every single hidden chest and purple or better drop in Tilted.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 30, 2019

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
There's videos of that poo poo up on Youtube.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I just want to understand the psychology behind that, needing to basically scream to everyone "I'M loving GARBAGE AND I NEED CHEATS", whether it's to win or derive pleasure from loving with someone doing something for fun

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's effortless, and they get to make people mad.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's effortless, and they get to make people mad.

Tbh it's not quit "effortless" per se, as public hacks haven't been a thing for years now. Your run of the mill <current year> cheater is paying $50-$200 monthly subscription for their scripts.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh, didn't know that. Thought it'd still be something kids just download off some virus invested Russian site like the old days.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The hackers that fly around on quads ramming into people are at least entertaining

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Oh, didn't know that. Thought it'd still be something kids just download off some virus invested Russian site like the old days.

Nah - anti-cheat manufactures did step their game up to detect public space hacks, which in turn made cheat manufacturers restrict their access - and once they learned it’s a good business the inevitable followed. The real private, e.g. custom order hacks for small groups of verified customers, go for high-3/low-4 digits nowadays, depending on game.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
I'm guessing there's an economic incentive to cheat (and I vaguely recall someone mentioning this before): rack up high scores and sell the account. If kids are crazy enough to spend an average of $80 on this game, then there must be a bunch willing to spend a lot more for a tricked out account.

Edit: I'm told by an unreliable source that these days the hacks purely use the screen output (using hand-wavey "machine learning" techniques), so they don't have to hack the code and so avoid getting detected that way.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

minato posted:

I'm guessing there's an economic incentive to cheat (and I vaguely recall someone mentioning this before): rack up high scores and sell the account. If kids are crazy enough to spend an average of $80 on this game, then there must be a bunch willing to spend a lot more for a tricked out account.

Edit: I'm told by an unreliable source that these days the hacks purely use the screen output (using hand-wavey "machine learning" techniques), so they don't have to hack the code and so avoid getting detected that way.

I do machine learning for living so I can safely assure you that from cheating perspective it’s smoke and mirrors. “Computer vision” sure, but 99% of those jus track colour change on pixel, e.g. centre of health bar going grey from green.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Unless you're some sort of flying ace, I would not recommend doing this week's plane time trial challenge by Lonely Lodge. The other two locations aren't as frustrating, thankfully.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

interpunct posted:

Unless you're some sort of flying ace,

Challenge accepted.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You just gotta fly upside down and not try to flip, you'll automatically come back around just before the end of the course

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Goddamn I hit a wall, either matchmaking is loving me or nobody is doing any missions in 64+ zones. I can't solo them either.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Can't for the life of me figure out this giant metal dog head. Only that and 8 balloons left

E: got it. It's on the sign outside Junk. Was that always there?

codo27 fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 1, 2019

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
It's been there for a few weeks at least.

I got waylaid by the 10 golden balloons challenge: first I thought they were referring to the large yellow supply drop balloons and spent a while shooting them down and wondering why I wasn't getting credit for it. Then I learned they're actually regular size balloons in random places. And then I wasted more time looking for them, because annoyingly they disappear if another player gets there before you (like the fireworks challenge a few weeks ago). And to add insult to injury, blowing up the structure they're attached to makes them disappear but doesn't give you the point.

Just because the online guides are so horribly inaccurate, here's some I found:
- The bear statue to the SE of Retail Row
- The north side of an electricity pylon directly south of the container yard
- The very top of weird tall house at NE-most corner
- The T-rex is holding one
- A rock just to the W of the waterfall into the sea, between Lazy Links and The Block
- A cart in the corral next to the house by the cliff E of Paradise Palms
- The middle of the motel sign
- In the water just to the S of the E-most large jutting rock in Loot Lake
- Right next to the seacliff edge, just to the E of the waterfall next to Lucky Landing
- On the SW corner of the central building in Dusty Divot

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

codo27 posted:

Can't for the life of me figure out this giant metal dog head. Only that and 8 balloons left

E: got it. It's on the sign outside Junk. Was that always there?

It's new this season, I think.

For the plane time trials, I ended up having way more problems at the motel than at the mansion. I figured they'd all be slalom courses, like the one near Frosty.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

McGlockenshire posted:

It's new this season, I think.

For the plane time trials, I ended up having way more problems at the motel than at the mansion. I figured they'd all be slalom courses, like the one near Frosty.

What? Motel course was literally “tap one button occasionally “.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

Goddamn I hit a wall, either matchmaking is loving me or nobody is doing any missions in 64+ zones. I can't solo them either.

Check you dont have private mode enabled. If is not the case, you are in a range without people, you can try lower or higher missions or alerts or missions with desirable rewards. People is somewhere.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Tei posted:

Check you dont have private mode enabled. If is not the case, you are in a range without people, you can try lower or higher missions or alerts or missions with desirable rewards. People is somewhere.

Are you loving serious. There should be a goddamn UI note about private poo poo. Thank you.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Elendil004 posted:

Are you loving serious. There should be a goddamn UI note about private poo poo. Thank you.

Yeah, I've done that before too.

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

minato posted:

It's been there for a few weeks at least.

I got waylaid by the 10 golden balloons challenge: first I thought they were referring to the large yellow supply drop balloons and spent a while shooting them down and wondering why I wasn't getting credit for it. Then I learned they're actually regular size balloons in random places. And then I wasted more time looking for them, because annoyingly they disappear if another player gets there before you (like the fireworks challenge a few weeks ago). And to add insult to injury, blowing up the structure they're attached to makes them disappear but doesn't give you the point.

Just because the online guides are so horribly inaccurate, here's some I found:
- The bear statue to the SE of Retail Row
- The north side of an electricity pylon directly south of the container yard
- The very top of weird tall house at NE-most corner
- The T-rex is holding one
- A rock just to the W of the waterfall into the sea, between Lazy Links and The Block
- A cart in the corral next to the house by the cliff E of Paradise Palms
- The middle of the motel sign
- In the water just to the S of the E-most large jutting rock in Loot Lake
- Right next to the seacliff edge, just to the E of the waterfall next to Lucky Landing
- On the SW corner of the central building in Dusty Divot

For anyone ever struggling with a challenge or just wanting to get them down as fast as possible, Squatting Dog releases a detailed cheat sheet every week on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/alq51v/season_7_week_9_challenges_all_inclusive_cheat/

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The suppressed smg is ridiculous, to the point where I would land on one over a shotgun almost.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Apparently that marshmello concert was a live thing. I assumed they would have an ltm that would run it prerecorded all day. Disappointed that I missed it due to work, it was apparently really cool.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

Apparently that marshmello concert was a live thing. I assumed they would have an ltm that would run it prerecorded all day. Disappointed that I missed it due to work, it was apparently really cool.

Yeah, it was 10 minute concert with combat disabled. Hands down the best event by Epic so far.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
It also seemed like the emote dance given to folks for visitinf the concert site early was dynamic or at least on my screen everyone doing it would swap to stuff like the clapping loop when he called out to watch people clap.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
The free emote has three possible actions, random each time you use it.

Thankfully, reddit is full of videos of the event, like this one, for those that missed it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah, it was 10 minute concert with combat disabled. Hands down the best event by Epic so far.

I honestly would have called in sick if I knew I was gonna miss it, I'm already trying to quit anyways.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

I honestly would have called in sick if I knew I was gonna miss it, I'm already trying to quit anyways.

They are running a repeat at 2am I think so you can sleep in :v:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

cinci zoo sniper posted:

They are running a repeat at 2am I think so you can sleep in :v:

Oh sweet, what timezone is that?

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

tweet my meat posted:

Oh sweet, what timezone is that?

2 a.m. Eastern

https://twitter.com/marshmellomusic/status/1091814963918688256

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Who is Marshmellow?! I watched some clips on reddit of the event and the music is horrendous.

If this is music in 2019 then I’m glad to be out of the loop.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
He's the guy with the marshmallow mask who did a live concert in fortnite, and that's about where my knowledge of him ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I found about event and that marshmallow is actual person only from this thread. But after googling some song, I am quite happy that I missed it :shrug: Why was there his concert in Fortnite anyway?