Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

orange juche posted:

There are fuckers who post in here who unironically do not understand how marginal tax brackets work and will regurgitate bullshit talking points about how Democrats want to take all their money and they won't be able to live.

I trolled a little too earnestly here. I get how taxes work and my only critique of AOC’s plan is that I’d prefer to see billionaires paying at least 80%, but I appreciate that you took the time to write out an explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I trolled a little too earnestly here. I get how taxes work and my only critique of AOC’s plan is that I’d prefer to see billionaires paying at least 80%, but I appreciate that you took the time to write out an explanation.

Sorry I have people I work with who are in an absolute tizzy about how AOC is gonna take all their money and it loving infuriates me.

it's like "Bruh, you don't make a billion dollars, hell between you and your wife you don't even clear 500k. Your taxes might go up a little bit, but not excessively so, you will still be able to afford all the nice things. The people who are going to get the screws put to them are the folks who own multiple islands and jet set around the world without having to give a poo poo about cash flow anymore."

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

aoc being elected and the thai soccer team rescue really were the best parts of 2018

mission impossible 6

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

orange juche posted:

Sorry I have people I work with who are in an absolute tizzy about how AOC is gonna take all their money and it loving infuriates me.

it's like "Bruh, you don't make a billion dollars, hell between you and your wife you don't even clear 500k. Your taxes might go up a little bit, but not excessively so, you will still be able to afford all the nice things. The people who are going to get the screws put to them are the folks who own multiple islands and jet set around the world without having to give a poo poo about cash flow anymore."

People between 100-500k are seeing tax bills owed in most cases because of the new republican tax plan. In some cases they’re being hit with under-withholding penalties even though they had the same w4 exemptions as before.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Warren's wealth tax proposal should get more attention too, it's even more significant in a lot of ways for a class of people who can basically define their own taxable income. Or, as AOC puts it

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1089604364065533952

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

holocaust bloopers posted:

mission impossible 6

did brad bird direct this one too

bc he did a really awesome job with his

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

did brad bird direct this one too

bc he did a really awesome job with his

christopher mcquarrie. its really good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

christopher mcquarrie. its really good.

ill check it out ty

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

orange juche posted:

It's not a 70% hike on everyone JFC.

People don't understand how taxes work.

You're dealing with people that think a raise will make their overall net income lower on account of paying more taxes.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Like FDR I would prefer a 100% top marginal rate, but also like him I am willing to compromise. How about 92?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

IT'S WAR: Apple disables all of Facebook's company-internal iOS apps after enterprise license abused to offer spyware to children

https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/30/apple-bans-facebook-vpn/

I mean I hope both sides die but until then its fun to watch them fight

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

For all the poo poo people give Apple for huffing their own farts or being expensive they legitimately do seem to care about the privacy of their users.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

DoktorLoken posted:

For all the poo poo people give Apple for huffing their own farts or being expensive they legitimately do seem to care about the privacy of their wealthier users.

FTFY

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Reign Of Pain posted:

Sooooo...what can you fit into one of these?

"Military Advisors"

Eh, they're better than most corporations when they're able to be. As in, they'll backdoor for China or Russia if it means they can sell their products in those countries, but they seem to try to silo it.

I'm under no impression that they're doing it altruistically, but I'm glad that our privacy desires align.

Brute Squad fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 30, 2019

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

DoktorLoken posted:

For all the poo poo people give Apple for huffing their own farts or being expensive they legitimately do seem to care about the privacy of their users.

Maybe just "least worst" of the group

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.macworld.com/article/3336208/apple/apples-facetime-bug-privacy.amp.html

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1090665596222529536?s=19

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope she gets like $200 in GoFundMe money, and a lot of thoughts and prayers.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DoktorLoken posted:

Meh. They'd be more secure if they'd knock off the walled garden poo poo, and Apple will totally Blackberry their OS for the right amount of cash or incentives from certain governments

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

DoktorLoken posted:

its because theyre the one company who doesnt make their bank selling ad data

all their competitors do

so they get to take the moral high ground and gently caress over google, facebook, etc with new regulations

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1090653594112512000?s=20

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Well, there's a world of difference between a bug, something that all software has (although this is a particularly bad one), and deliberately intercepting your user's activity ala Facebook Research or their VPN.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

DoktorLoken posted:

Well, there's a world of difference between a bug, something that all software has (although this is a particularly bad one), and deliberately intercepting your user's activity ala Facebook Research or their VPN.

Absolutely

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I understand marginal tax rates, and I'm a goddamn stoned dipshit. If you don't understand marginal taxes, you're dumber than this idiot hippy rear end in a top hat.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I understand marginal tax rates, and I'm a goddamn stoned dipshit. If you don't understand marginal taxes, you're dumber than this idiot hippy rear end in a top hat.

Willful ignorance so they can fingers in their ears "NAH NAH NAH I CANT HEAR YOU YOURE WRONG" accounts for a lot of it i think. If you dont hear what someone is saying you dont have to honestly evaluate if what they said has merit. Changing your mind could be uncomfortable better to avoid it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Not understanding marginal tax rates is just the first of of many mental barriers that you have to overcome to get through to them. Then you have to deal with "but what if I become a billionaire?" and "eventually they'll tax everything I have too" and "higher taxes on billionaires means less jobs" and then who knows what else.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Oh man, look at these loving pricks on Foxconn: https://www.wispolitics.com/2019/sen-fitzgerald-rep-vos-joint-statement-foxconns-plans-in-wisconsin/

They are the two most powerful GOP politicians in WI now that Walker is gone.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 30, 2019

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

DoktorLoken posted:

Oh man, look at these loving pricks on Foxconn: https://www.wispolitics.com/2019/sen-fitzgerald-rep-vos-joint-statement-foxconns-plans-in-wisconsin/

The are the two most powerful GOP politicians in WI now that Walker is gone.

Some impressive bootlicking

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
“What if I make a billion?!”

Ok, let’s say you earn $2,500 per hour. Amazing! And you work 40 hours/week. And you get paid for 52 weeks a year with paid time off.

Now let’s say tour net taxes are 0% and you have absolutely zero living expenses. Why, you’ll be a billionaire in just over 192 years!!!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/NewsThisSecond/status/1090691744780435458?s=20

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Waiting for the “you could’ve injured my horse scratched my paint!” response.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/michelleinbklyn/status/1090682084920836103?s=21

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Russian Troll Farm News!

Mueller has given them some of the non-sensitive discovery documents, as expected. The Russians responded by modifying/forging said documents and putting them online through skeezy methods, plus throwing in a whole lot of other bullshit to make it look like Mueller didn't have anything.

IRA = Internet Research Agency = Russian Troll Farm

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1090701941880115202?s=19

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
One of the comments brought up that time that Jacob Wohl tried to frame Mueller for sexual assault. Anything ever come of that? If love to watch that little poo poo sit in prison and/or be bankrupted.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

A Bad Poster posted:

One of the comments brought up that time that Jacob Wohl tried to frame Mueller for sexual assault. Anything ever come of that? If love to watch that little poo poo sit in prison and/or be bankrupted.

Dude that was like three years ago

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I watched that Howard Schultz interview this morning and one of the other hosed up things he did was lump the teacher’s union in with Big Pharma and the NRA as special interests that we need to get rid of.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
More like Howard Shook!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

Russian Troll Farm News!

Mueller has given them some of the non-sensitive discovery documents, as expected. The Russians responded by modifying/forging said documents and putting them online through skeezy methods, plus throwing in a whole lot of other bullshit to make it look like Mueller didn't have anything.

IRA = Internet Research Agency = Russian Troll Farm

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1090701941880115202?s=19

Mueller tap-dancing on a huge neon sign saying "TOLD YOU SO, COURT"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Schultz moving the Supersonics might bite him in the rear end pretty hard, "Billionaire Owner Moving My Beloved Sports Team" is one of the few issues that easily crosses all political lines.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

Schultz moving the Supersonics might bite him in the rear end pretty hard, "Billionaire Owner Moving My Beloved Sports Team" is one of the few issues that easily crosses all political lines.

https://thenib.com/mr-schultz-goes-to-washington?utm_campaign=web-share-links&utm_medium=social&utm_source=link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!