Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Slim Pickens posted:

https://giant.gfycat.com/HoarseBarrenBlowfish.webm

Lookin cool as gently caress spinning out on a gentle bend

i dont understand how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Probably blipped the throttle to show off for the camera and lost whatever sliver of grip those stanced tires were providing.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
You can see the back of the car start to come towards the camera man, he countersteers and probably lifts, the car grips back up and snaps back the other way

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

xzzy posted:

Probably blipped the throttle to show off for the camera and lost whatever sliver of grip those stanced tires were providing.

add to that a coilover setup with zero actual travel and you've got a recipe for fun if you hit even the slightest bump going round anything resembling a corner.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
and they said it needs more than 200hp...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Prolly cuz people in this country buy cars complain about on the internet about cars based on how quick they can go from stoplight to stop light, otherwise they are fine

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

add to that a coilover setup with zero actual travel and you've got a recipe for fun if you hit even the slightest bump going round anything resembling a corner.

stock 86 will not do that under throttle on a dry road so his setup is borked

Thief posted:

and they said it needs more than 200hp...

no just mine thanks

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

idk if it would even fit but it'd be unironically awesome if someone swapped that new V6 camry engine into it for science

also lmao are there any more details on the bottom trim ZUPR4 options? hopefully only the i6 is bmw

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
no but toyoda is trying to convince me to buy one

i heard the 4 cyl will be japan only?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Slim Pickens posted:

I absolutely love my car but there are so many loving morons that drive it.

For some reason stancing (spelling?) them is super popular and I just cringe every time I see it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

its an awesome car to daily while you incrementally mod it as you see fit

the stance thing is really popular regardless of the model i think because its cheaper/easier to do than even putting on whatever riced out bodykits that are usually done with it. ebay4lyfe

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's a cheap sports car. It attracts high schoolers who have no idea what they want in a car, so they do everything. Same deal with Miatas.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:smithfrog:

but i like miatas

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's doesn't mean the car is terrible, just the people they attact. Like Maximas.

I own a Miata.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
people like maximas?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
More of how they attract idiots. I swear the only thing I see as often than a 3 series BMW weaving between lanes on a highway is a Maxima or Chrysler 300.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

There are probably good owners of them out there, but I can think of the last 3-4 most heinous driving bullshit events I've encountered on my commute and it's been an Acura RDX every single time. I think the vehicle attracts a special type of rear end in a top hat with no concern for their own or anyone else around them's safety with a dose of nastiness on top of it.

e: like if I was still dating and not married and a girl told me she drove an RDX I'd walk out kind of deal.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
nissans in general. or kias

stinger being the exception or a nismo if nissan

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

sneakyfrog posted:

nissans in general. or kias

Hey, I... <considers driving style>

Shut up.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Thief posted:

its an awesome car to daily while you incrementally mod it as you see fit

the stance thing is really popular regardless of the model i think because its cheaper/easier to do than even putting on whatever riced out bodykits that are usually done with it. ebay4lyfe

babbys first sports car is my name for it

it is the only car I have that I could daily, run hot laps and try and try to get sideways, but I’m an idiot with a faster hot lap car, a faster sideways car and a faster daily so it’s not out of hate, just neglect that I talk poo poo on them

also seeing what other people are doing to ruin them makes me sad

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/232391401018244/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Neon SRT4s attract the worst.

The goddamned worst.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

I've never seen a wheel bend that badly before.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Rhyno posted:

The goddamned worst.

lol the Neon vs Cobalt wars were the best radioshack tier stoplight racers

i was probably like 15 when the first F&F movie came out so i got to witness a lot of people my age get their first car during that time. it was mostly the honda crowd that were nuking their engines using ebay parts and crazy spoilers.

before that it seemed like everyone in my area wanted the mid 90's gold maximas though.

the worst car people i've ever encountered have been the TRD/scion people. they're the type of people that brag about how they flipped their car on a major highway with every passenger seat full while the rest of use are still trying to figure out if the tC they're talking about is a celica or not

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
commodores with chevy badges

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SquirrelGrip posted:

Thief posted:

the worst car people

Yep, there it is.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

kimcicle posted:

I've never seen a wheel bend that badly before.

lovely wheels and broken suspensions

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Rhyno posted:

The goddamned worst.

its true and a good chunk of the reason its impossible to find parts for my skittle :(

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Thief posted:

the worst car people i've ever encountered have been the TRD/scion people. they're the type of people that brag about how they flipped their car on a major highway with every passenger seat full while the rest of use are still trying to figure out if the tC they're talking about is a celica or not

i knew a handful of tC people from back in their 1st gen days and now that you mention it it, yeah, i know of at least 2 of them that rolled theirs.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I was a Honda kid in the sense that I was a kid who happened to drive a Honda. Mine was a 2G Prelude SE so it was old and undesirable to the riceroni crew. That poo poo was kinda already dying by 2005ish though.

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Shitty_car_mods/status/1090997038051938306

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

SquirrelGrip posted:

What about Pontiacs with Holden badges? That seems more like making it what it really is.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
What about Chevy SSes with Holden badges?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Darchangel posted:

What about Pontiacs with Holden badges? That seems more like making it what it really is.

MetaJew posted:

oh you think its only the v8's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkeMvvm5sGA

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

SquirrelGrip posted:

Darchangel posted:

MetaJew posted:

Break the mold and defy expectations by adding Oldsmobile badges.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

The current Commodore is a rebadged Opel Insignia, just like the Buick Regal.

Therefore you should be putting Buick Regal badges on the Chevy SS

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

One of my coworkers had a SS and he put a Malibu badge on it. He said it made cars and coffee entertaining.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Don't think I haven't thought about putting Cutlass badges and a little body work on a G8...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Galler posted:

One of my coworkers had a SS and he put a Malibu badge on it. He said it made cars and coffee entertaining.

Checks out.
Technically, it's a Caprice SS.
:goonsay:

Yes, I know the Caprice is the longer-wheelbase Commodore, and that's what the PPV cop car is.

edit:
Dammit, I can't decide whether to hate this because of what goes in the crusher, or love it because of what comes out. drat well better be CGI, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naq2yFTwA_c

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

:lol::lol:
I'm the I stand with Israel sticker.