Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Based on the alt-text of page 5-97 I believe that Alison is at one point going to die and then not die a la Koss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

There Bias Two posted:

Are there other things that have been edited in addition to this page?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure almost every drawing of Alison in the vault fight has at least 200% more tanktop in tact than it used to be.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

OC Bondage Nun Do Not Steel

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure almost every drawing of Alison in the vault fight has at least 200% more tanktop in tact than it used to be.

Huh, yeah, the nip slip on page 114 is gone. Shrug

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
Looks like there's some dialog changes sprinkled about too.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-9-117/

Panel six is different and way better now imo.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Although the new art hits a little less hard because it's less clear those are all nails in her skin and could just be studs in the leather, but there's only so much you can do without actually redrawing it.

I kinda prefer the old one just because of this, but eh, no biggie.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

Looks like there's some dialog changes sprinkled about too.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-9-117/

Panel six is different and way better now imo.

Aw I kind of liked "Let's try to kill each other again sometime." But it did feel weird when Allison clearly didn't have the capacity to say something that clever at that moment (at that amount of blood loss).

MikeJF posted:

I kinda prefer the old one just because of this, but eh, no biggie.

Yeah, like I said, the old one was more effective at showing the extent of her self-mutilation but was incongruous with the previously established theme of the guild. But coming up with a new design that just could do that without looking like fetish gear (and still being a very mobile battle outfit) would require a lot more than a recolor which Abaddon clearly doesn't have time to do with so much on his plate. So the new one is fine.

Honestly... Maybe LESS clothes would have worked. Just, like, a bra that looks even more damaging (without being sexy) and an even more heavy-duty chastity belt that's practically a diaper, and nothing else other than scars and nails.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I cant believe that people read that entire sequence in the vault then wondered where this week came from

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Synthbuttrange posted:

I cant believe that people read that entire sequence in the vault then wondered where this week came from

no way it it was totally out of left field

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/967261202865885184

KEEP YOUR GAY ROMANCES OUT OF MY uh, very gay-romance heavy COMIC

Also, if the complaints are about the way she asks for it, they have a whole conversation about doing that:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1026985825626730502

This sequence in particular is probably my favorite in all of KSBD. I love the way all 3 characters are drawn (Allison in particular), and there's a lot of not-previously-seen humanity (heh) from all 3 characters... Even White Chain!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I love that first panel reaction to Cio's proposition.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Those changes are good.

In fact there was s only one change he’s ever made that I don’t like, and it’s removing “it’s hilarious” from Juggy’s dialogue when talking about a man spending his fleeting life on tea cups.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Synthbuttrange posted:

I love that first panel reaction to Cio's proposition.

Haha yes, her proposition is the kind of dramatic moment that we see in media but never really see a realistic response to... Which turns out to be slightly shocked (and very charming) awkwardness.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ConfusedUs posted:

Those changes are good.

In fact there was s only one change he’s ever made that I don’t like, and it’s removing “it’s hilarious” from Juggy’s dialogue when talking about a man spending his fleeting life on tea cups.

I just posted about that on the last page, it's back.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Speaking of tea, that tea set White Chain has had looks a lot like one from Mottom's big ol' tea storage room. Wonder if she nicked it from the flying palace while she was infiltrating it with Juggernaut Star. Well, maybe not nicked. Knowing White Chain, she probably left behind a bunch of coins as "payment" for it. Stealing is illegal after all.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

ConfusedUs posted:

Those changes are good.

If he moves Salomon David's nipples though I swear I'll

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The only moving Solomon David's nipples do is when he flexes his pecs.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 366 days!
ok folks heres the new scripture: nobody is allowed to talk about this comic except the rhyming wax head

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Solomon David's nipples do not move through the world, the world moves around Solomon David's nipples. They are a fixed point in space, two tan holes pierced through the veil of ignorance. They speak of another universe, a brighter universe, one will will never see with our own eyes, for they would be poked out in an instant by the one hundred and eight sets of erect nipples that guard those yawning portals. And despite the risks, some day, I hope to assemble a contraption. Armor, sturdy enough to withstand their onslaught for even just a split-second, so that I can catch the slightest glimpse of the legendary place before I am impaled through my dick two-hundred and sixteen times for my insolence. Then, and only then, can I die happy.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

PMush Perfect posted:

Solomon David's nipples do not move through the world, the world moves around Solomon David's nipples. They are a fixed point in space, two tan holes pierced through the veil of ignorance. They speak of another universe, a brighter universe, one will will never see with our own eyes, for they would be poked out in an instant by the one hundred and eight sets of erect nipples that guard those yawning portals. And despite the risks, some day, I hope to assemble a contraption. Armor, sturdy enough to withstand their onslaught for even just a split-second, so that I can catch the slightest glimpse of the legendary place before I am impaled through my dick two-hundred and sixteen times for my insolence. Then, and only then, can I die happy.

:hmmyes:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
soldave wasnt the first bearer of the nipples, but jadis was stripped of her privilege and duty and also mobility after she attempted to enter the nipple dimension herself

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Solomon David is the only one allowed nipples in his realm. All men and women alike must go without. Infants are exclusively fed goat milk.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Royalty is a continuous milking motion.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Poor abbadon
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1090466451377541120

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

He's stealing posts from here to post to Twitter. :raise:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It's not stealing if they're your own posts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You say that like we don't all take our best jokes and shitposts and retell them in new contexts.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
So I have no problem with Abaddon going back and polishing old pages. Arguably in favor of it - taking advantage of the nature of the medium, etc. But I'm curious what people think of it vis-à-vis the Star Wars Special Editions. Cloud City windows are just palette changes, etc.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I just wish he kept links to the originals in the blurb below the comic for the ones he changes. Other than that, it's his story, he can do whatever he wants with it.

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
let the man post his jokes. they're his jokes.

I don't mind the changes, i can see why he made them and i'm cool with it. The nun one is a real improvement even if the original one wasn't bad. It just fits better with the tone and is less distracting from the scene, imho. I just hopes he doesn't edit it too much, because that's a great way to start second guessing yourself and that's not a good thing.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Benson Cunningham posted:

I just wish he kept links to the originals in the blurb below the comic for the ones he changes. Other than that, it's his story, he can do whatever he wants with it.

John Egbert is out of control!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

CitizenKeen posted:

So I have no problem with Abaddon going back and polishing old pages. Arguably in favor of it - taking advantage of the nature of the medium, etc. But I'm curious what people think of it vis-à-vis the Star Wars Special Editions. Cloud City windows are just palette changes, etc.

The original Star Wars movies were very much a group effort - a lot of people other than Lucas were responsible for most of the story, characterization, direction, look, etc. He only directed the first one, and by all accounts his original script was pretty trash and needed a lot of reworking. So the changes made by Lucas are, in fact, flying in the face of the original art - the actual original creators are not involved, it's just Lucas unilaterally deciding what HE thinks it should have been, which, it can be argued (and shown with evidence, via the prequels) is a worse vision than the original. Not to mention the CG updates are jarring and clash with the original effects, and were quickly dated within a few years.

KSBD is a singular persons' vision - it's his ideas, his work, etc. to the very core, and the changes are done in the same style and medium so they don't clash. In that respect, his changes to fit what he was originally going for - or to change the vision if he decides he didn't like the old one - are up to him.

It's not without precedent either. Tolkien wrote The Hobbit before coming up with Lord of the Rings, and then completely rewrote sections of The Hobbit to make the ring's new context make sense. But no one thinks The Hobbit was compromised because of those changes (at least I hope not...). In contrast, many fans argue that things like Han shooting first and Jedi Rocks very much compromise the original work.

As for the minor changes that Lucas made that arguably improve the Special Editions (or are at most benign), no one would probably care if it wasn't for the other egregious changes. It happens all the time and people barely notice.

Benson Cunningham posted:

I agree, but gently caress, man, he's one person. Even a little thing like that can take a lot of time to do and it really has no benefit to him. They're all on Twitter if you want to archive them, thankfully.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I am fine with changes getting made. The thing with a webcomic is that it doesn't pass through most typical editing processes, it goes straight from him to us whenever he blacks out coloring teacups and keels over. So what we see with him going back over to make minor changes is stuff that would have happened to most work during the normal publication or review process. It's only notable because we get to actually see it happening.

I do think it would be neat to keep the original posted panels somewhere as kind of a behind-the-scenes experience, so that you could see what had originally happened and know why it was changed, but agreed that is it's own task and I'd rather he keeps making new pages than curating the presentation of the archive.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Artists should have full control over their work. This is true regardless if the "fans" personally approve of these changes.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The original Star Wars movies were very much a group effort - a lot of people other than Lucas were responsible for most of the story, characterization, direction, look, etc. He only directed the first one, and by all accounts his original script was pretty trash and needed a lot of reworking. So the changes made by Lucas are, in fact, flying in the face of the original art - the actual original creators are not involved, it's just Lucas unilaterally deciding what HE thinks it should have been, which, it can be argued (and shown with evidence, via the prequels) is a worse vision than the original. Not to mention the CG updates are jarring and clash with the original effects, and were quickly dated within a few years.

This is a fun narrative that helps people rationalize their personal dislike of George Lucas but it has basically no bearing on reality or the mechanisms of how making a movie actually works, and largely derives from poo poo said by Gary Kurtz, a producer on the original star wars who got fired for nearly getting Empire Strikes Back canceled through mismanagement and more or less quit being a movie producer after he hosed up Thief and the Cobbler so badly.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

This is a fun narrative that helps people rationalize their personal dislike of George Lucas but it has basically no bearing on reality or the mechanisms of how making a movie actually works, and largely derives from poo poo said by Gary Kurtz, a producer on the original star wars who got fired for nearly getting Empire Strikes Back canceled through mismanagement and more or less quit being a movie producer after he hosed up Thief and the Cobbler so badly.

If you say so - I'm basing these conclusions mostly on the fact that the prequels, where Lucas had no one to tell him no, are total trash, as well as practically everything he's made that isn't non-prequel Star Wars since, well, Star Wars.

I don't hate Lucas, I just pity him. (As much as I can pity a billionaire, anyway.) He's clearly lost his artistic touch and doesn't know how to get it back.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
I view what’s happening here sort of like the trend in anime where they release a watchable but perhaps not completely polished version for airing on tv, then fix it up for the dvd/Blu-ray release. He’s polishing it for the print release.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Gunjin posted:

I view what’s happening here sort of like the trend in anime where they release a watchable but perhaps not completely polished version for airing on tv, then fix it up for the dvd/Blu-ray release. He’s polishing it for the print release.

Yeah this. It's really common for webcomics - in many where the art substantially improved since the comic's inception, they'll completely redraw the early chapters just for print, too. What's unique is that he's updating the online version with the changes as well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shaddap and gawp your starepoppers at tha latesyest page tha lackwits

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ahhh my Twitter alerts failed me!

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1090732597850845185

I'm kinda wondering about Devil sexual anatomy since we can clearly see Cio doesn't have nipples, but... Maybe I'm just better off not knowing.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Swolëson continues to be on a positive path to her better self.