Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Mot tester

BlackMK4 posted:

bro, did you notice your rear seats are missing?

Me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

God, if I could have the rear seats of my car removed and replaced with more trunk space, I'd be a happy camper.

I have some good news my friend

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Supposedly every 30k. Remember kids, the faster car is the one that isn't in the shop fuckin constantly.

I assumed that I’d have to do that on my N20, too. But I dynoed it at 70k miles to get a baseline before doing a walnut blast (which had not been done yet), and it hit 210whp, which puts it right around the factory figure of 240 at the crank. I’m not saying that’s definitive proof, but it was interesting.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

God, if I could have the rear seats of my car removed and replaced with more trunk space, I'd be a happy camper.

Sell your M2 and buy a clown shoe

E: & do a burnout

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

I'd leave my rear seats folded down all the time if it didn't increase cabin noise so much.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
leave it folded but fill the trunk with woofers. Noise problem deferred.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

idgi

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Having rear seats does come in handy from time to time.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The burnout model is the M3, apparently, because we have exactly 0.0 burnouts from any M2 or other model BMW in this thread. In other news, I ordered new tires today so uh, I'll see what I can do.

Re Back seats: I've had 4 people in my car exactly twice and both times I was like ugh this means I'm only getting to 100mph in 10 seconds instead of 9. THIS SUCKS

e: however turning the gopro around and video'ing your backseat passengers on a full systems go launch almost makes it worth it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:getin:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Ether Frenzy posted:

The burnout model is the M3, apparently, because we have exactly 0.0 burnouts from any M2 or other model BMW in this thread. In other news, I ordered new tires today so uh, I'll see what I can do.

Re Back seats: I've had 4 people in my car exactly twice and both times I was like ugh this means I'm only getting to 100mph in 10 seconds instead of 9. THIS SUCKS

e: however turning the gopro around and video'ing your backseat passengers on a full systems go launch almost makes it worth it.

Sir I have to follow proper break-in procedures sir. I'm only at 380 miles on the odometer! 620 to go before I can go above 3,500rpm or some trash

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Bape Culture posted:

Mot tester

Me

Did they notice the engine?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

A company called Competition Motorsport seems to offer a rear seat delete kit that'll convert it in to a flat load floor while retaining the folding trunk access.

Shown here paired with their roll bar, but available separately.

Or of course if you're handy with a jigsaw you could probably build something that's 90% as good for a hundred bucks or less.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Did they notice the engine?

Yeah but you can do what you want in England. It owns

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Ether Frenzy posted:

So far I've had 4 people in my m2 once, and that was just because my friends wanted to go for a ride in the new car.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Celebrated a major milestone today

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Nice

NICE!!!!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Goin' for the daily double. I'll allow it.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Not gonna impress anyone but I finalized on this today

'08 128i with the sport suspension, seats, wheel, paddles, etc.

My '05 ZHP will either go to the wife or up for sale. Weird swap to some, I'm sure, but I was ready for something new.

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 1, 2019

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
For what it's worth, you can do the "Three stage intake manifold" swap and a tune, for somewhere between $1200-2000 depending on success with used parts, tune cost, etc, and it'll make basically 255 hp. I did it to my my 2006 325 and my 2009 328, and enjoyed both. The intake manifold itself is a factory part, and even yours already has the wiring for the actuators.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I'll check that out after the first month glow wears off, thanks.

For now, I honestly think I want a roof rack on this thing. Anyone with a similar 2d or 4d got a Yakima Whispbar or Thule Aeroblade mounted? I may be in the minority, and I may be wrong, but I think one of those would look super cool on this lil guy

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Thule Aeroblade is p nice

lovely pictures. I rarely leave the rack on there so it’s the only ones I’ve got.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If you actually put a bike on it, ok. But if you just get a roof rack and never use it, you'll just look like a douchebag.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Cobalt60 posted:

My '05 ZHP will either go to the wife or up for sale. Weird swap to some, I'm sure, but I was ready for something new.

Out of curiosity, how are you finding it compared to your ZHP? I've been in the process of replacing mine for months and at this point I've probably settled on a 435i (lol @ my original $14k replacement budget), but E82s are super tempting.

edit- Awesome looking car too. I think it's my favorite recent BMW body style other than the F22.

Paradoxish fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 1, 2019

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Cobalt60 posted:

That's so nice, exact BMW I want.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Cobalt60 posted:

I friggin love the E82 128s. It’s such a perfect little daily driver and some hate the proportions but I’ve always liked them. Plus you can directly bolt M3 suspension bits to it if you wanted to get fully stupid. The N52 is dead nuts easy to keep running forever. If I wasn’t so set on importing a dumb Japanese car I would probably look to one of these for a daily.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

digital dashboards look so low rent

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
'03 330i 5MT
My washer fluid level light was on when I bought the car a few months ago and I finally got around to replacing the sensor today after mistakenly thinking I'd need to wait until the reservoir was actually empty to do the job.
I swapped in the new sensor and the light is still on. I was expecting it to just go away without needing to do any sort of reset. Has anyone else run into this? Is there a way to check the continuity of the lead that plugs into the sensor?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I'm using a broken acetylene pressure gauge as a boost gauge so ehh, it's all relative
e:

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 1, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I'm a man of humble means, please spare me!

What's the alternative though? Dashboard with nothing but odotomer, speedometer, and... RPMometer? (always forget that one's name)

Also, the interior of the M2 is pretty lovely. My Subaru outback is far nicer quality. It's definitely no Luxury Barge on wheels like a 5/6/7 series

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

the redline mechanically moves up as the oil warms up and it's the coolest.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Ether Frenzy posted:

the redline mechanically moves up as the oil warms up and it's the coolest.

Man, I wish I had an oil temp gauge instead of a fake mpg gauge. I need to look into hijacking.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm a man of humble means, please spare me!

What's the alternative though? Dashboard with nothing but odotomer, speedometer, and... RPMometer? (always forget that one's name)

Also, the interior of the M2 is pretty lovely. My Subaru outback is far nicer quality. It's definitely no Luxury Barge on wheels like a 5/6/7 series

the E39 has odometer, speedometer, tach, trip computer, fuel level, coolant temp, oil temp

what else do you need? if you have an integrated nav maybe you want turn-by-turn on a small central screen between the tach and speedometer

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
The original Lexus LS 3D instruments are the coolest.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

TO BE CLEAR i do not mean dope poo poo like the Subaru XT and whatnot i mean modern LCD displays that are just supposed to look like analog instrumentation

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

C4 Corvette digital dash is sweet too

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Right after I bought the BMW I got an email from BMW north America saying "welcome to the family, something special is coming your way, wear it with pride"

Nothing ever showed up but whatever, it was probably a crappy hat that wouldn't fit my big disgusting head.

BMW NA called me yesterday to ask about my first 6 weeks of ownership and if I had any questions or comments. I said I was real happy, and oh by the way, I never got anything in the mail from you guys after the "something special is coming your way" email.

He got insanely defensive and said they've never put out an email with anything of the sort and they don't have free stuff to. Mail out and said if I didn't have any other questions that would be all. Lol. Made me feel like a real rear end for mentioning it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Right after I bought the BMW I got an email from BMW north America saying "welcome to the family, something special is coming your way, wear it with pride"

Nothing ever showed up but whatever, it was probably a crappy hat that wouldn't fit my big disgusting head.

BMW NA called me yesterday to ask about my first 6 weeks of ownership and if I had any questions or comments. I said I was real happy, and oh by the way, I never got anything in the mail from you guys after the "something special is coming your way" email.

He got insanely defensive and said they've never put out an email with anything of the sort and they don't have free stuff to. Mail out and said if I didn't have any other questions that would be all. Lol. Made me feel like a real rear end for mentioning it.

Jesus, way to show support for a new sports car. :jerkbag:

If he had one bit of sense, he would have apologized and thrown a t-shirt in the mail just to cover.

I'd relate your experience to the GM.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
It was probably a useless 5gb usb stick with BMW logo on it like what I got back in 2012. Maybe they made it a similarly useless 10gb now, lol.

....hmmmm actually I think the one they sent in 2012 was 2gb, which is even more hilarious.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
probably a keyfob/buttplug