Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

I mean, look how happy those gazelles are, obviously they're pleased with the Dem's Simba-tossing platform.

Though wouldn't killing lion cubs also be popular with Republicans? Might even be enough to make Trump's failsons switch sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Nurse accidentally gave Donnie the bottle of Adderall instead of a single tablet and he's chugged the lot

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Simba represents American oligarchy.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

TulliusCicero posted:

How has no one suggested that "gee Donny is REALLY desperate to get this money. Wonder where it's going to after it is approved, and who is doing the building? We should investigate this"

Like it's clear as loving day the man cares specifically about getting the money for the "Wall" and not anything else to do with it. Investigate who would benefit from the grift here, because that's all he and his sycophants are

Nah, I do genuinely think his loving addled mind wants the WALL to be real, and that it really will make the difference. Precisely because it is so dumb - it's a real construction project and that's like the last thing he can actually grasp.

I'm sure he wants to grift along the way, but not as a main purpose.

not joseph stalin
Dec 30, 2008

Inferior Third Season posted:

Slate had a good article on why what Reagan did isn't really possible now.

https://slate.com/business/2019/01/tsa-screeners-strike-air-traffic-controllers-reagan.html

tldr is the public is now on the side of the workers (wanting a paycheck while doing vital work is more sympathetic than wanting a raise when you're already making more than the median income), Reagan and the airlines had been secretly preparing for months in an effort to use the disruption of the strike as a way to quickly implement a new traffic model after deregulation, and there is far more and far more complicated air traffic now than in the early 80s which makes it much more difficult to use military controllers and hastily-trained scabs to fill in.

And that's just ATC. There wasn't really anything like TSA at the time. There are lots of regulations and security clearances needed to be a TSA agent, and they're not paid well, so it would be particularly difficult to ramp up scab replacements for them. It's a similar story for flight attendants.

Since we're in the hell timeline, you can already see how this goes. Trump fires the entire ATC and everyone who knows how to use their computer systems. Some scab comes in and causes two planes to land at the same time on the same strip. Fox News blames democrats and chuds eat that poo poo up with a spoon. His base goes from 36% to 35%.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I still refuse to believe Mcconnell will allow it BUT everytime I thought something was politically impossible since 2015 it has always happened so gently caress it, we’re shutting down again y’all.

It all depends on if the turtle thinks it's still the Republican Party or the Trumplican Party.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Holy gently caress that headline wording

I've never been gladder to see a sentence end with "plastic nasal tubes" when I was expecting more like "industrial shredders"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Random Stranger posted:

I was shocked that this was an actually good episode of South Park.

Oh man, I was just talking poo poo, I didn't realise that I was plagiarising a Parker/Stone take. Welp, sounds like it was less lovely than most of their output in the last decade at least

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/1090968618542735360

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

"Turn Israel into Palestine" doesn't even qualify as a dogwhistle, holy poo poo

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

darn looks like we'll never be able to woo the reagan voters

Did Grognan tweet that?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
I asked Siri so I know the answer. If it takes a second to count each dollar bill, how many years would it take you to count Howard’s 3.4 Billion dollars?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Your Taint posted:

I hope the TSA, Air traffic control, etc walk off the job en masse the instant the shutdown occurs. Although Reagan fired the ATC and was applauded for it so watch Trump do the same thing and hire scabs.

You can't hire scabs for no money.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Whom amongst hasn't dreamt of turning a baby into a clump of cells!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Much caused by DRUGS.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

gohmak posted:

I asked Siri so I know the answer. If it takes a second to count each dollar bill, how many years would it take you to count Howard’s 3.4 Billion dollars?

I would hire someone to count it for me :smug:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

pseudorandom name posted:

You can't hire scabs for no money.

You can if they've taken the SWEAT pledge.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

mutata posted:

I was with Mike Rowe way back when when he was like "Hey, there are lots of open jobs that need trades, you could go to a trade school and get one of those!" but he's apparently turned into a conman/always was a conman in disguise?

If you listen to the pod it's less that there's a dearth of people willing or able to do those jobs, it's that there's a dearth of easily exploitable non-union people who will do those jobs. Rowe's whole shtick is astro-turfed by the Kochs to to weaken labor.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Failed Imagineer posted:

Whom amongst hasn't dreamt of turning a baby into a clump of cells!

Every night I put my blender on the kitchen table, turn it on and go WHEEEEEEEEEE while thoughts of babies flash before me.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Junior G-man posted:

Every night I put my blender on the kitchen table, turn it on and go WHEEEEEEEEEE while thoughts of babies flash before me.

Baby smoothies are delicious and nutritious.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Why is babies capitalized? Are they that important, or is Trump's random capitalization thing contagious?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

A group that loudly proclaims themselves the Battalion of a conservative senile idiot tacitly support an even more senile idiot

What will we ever do without the Reagan Battalion's vote?! :ohdear:

Crow Jane posted:

Why is babies capitalized? Are they that important, or is Trump's random capitalization thing contagious?

Good (white) babies are the only truly valuable thing about women to Conservatives, so yes they are very important, much more so than the mother

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1090839512996110336

https://mobile.twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1090803458628898817

https://mobile.twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1090804474753531904

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 31, 2019

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Deified Data posted:

If you listen to the pod it's less that there's a dearth of people willing or able to do those jobs, it's that there's a dearth of easily exploitable non-union people who will do those jobs. Rowe's whole shtick is astro-turfed by the Kochs to to weaken labor.

I think the podcast partially missed the mark on that. It's true that companies want a huge pool of easily exploitable labor, but when companies complain they can't find qualified people, it's always meant that they can't find qualified people to work for the poo poo wages they're offering. Yea, that dovetails in to the point they made, but I think it's a distinct issue.

Rowe's shtick about 'Help Wanted' signs is poo poo on multiple levels. One, the signs are mostly just companies expecting a worker with decades of experience who is worth $25 an hour or more to work for $12 an hour. Two, that's like a whole one hundred loving jobs in an environment where hundreds of thousands of people are unemployed. And that's just me giving him the benefit of the doubt that he really did see a lot of those signs.

Rowe is just another rear end in a top hat who needs to pretend like he really worked hard to get to where he is so he can stave off his cognitive dissonance. He needs to justify his worldview to himself and push it on others.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Just the optics of having a Muslim woman in the house are really uplifting. It’s fantastic that she is also great on messaging to. This really is the first time in my life I am excited about the House of Representatives.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Your Taint posted:

Baby smoothies are delicious and nutritious.
                                                    \

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Failed Imagineer posted:

I would hire someone to count it for me :smug:

As did I. Siri tells me 107 years. gently caress all Billionaires.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The party of small government believes the state should force parents to keep a baby that has no chance of surviving on life support indefinitely. Great job!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

The fact that they're pivoting to "Trump might be bad BUT" says a lot about what they're seeing in their internal polling. Trump is going to get smoked in 2020 so hard.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

CascadeBeta posted:

The fact that they're pivoting to "Trump might be bad BUT" says a lot about what they're seeing in their internal polling. Trump is going to get smoked in 2020 so hard.

The most interesting thing about that tweet is our baby disintegration technology, never knew that was a field of study.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
what in the gently caress are these reports from this thread

i swear past midnight y'all get rowdy and drunk and do the absolute worst posting

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Good (white) babies are the only truly valuable thing about women to Conservatives, so yes they are very important, much more so than the mother
I thought fetuses were the valuable thing, and once they become babies the GOP stops giving a gently caress

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Some of us don't drink and just wallow in self hatred, thanks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Party Plane Jones posted:

i swear past midnight y'all get rowdy and drunk and do the absolute worst posting

Hey man my phone died at 9pm last night and I was too comfy under my blanket to go plug it in so don't look at me

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CascadeBeta posted:

This message will start falling apart even further when he gets even worse and another shutdown happens and the muller poo poo happens and other corruption happens.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

Hey now, I spent last night watching The Assassination of Gianni Versace, not poo poo posting :colbert:

I bet if Andrew Cunanan was still alive, Trump would pardon him and appoint him head of LBGT outreach.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Dapper_Swindler posted:

This message will start falling apart even further when he gets even worse and another shutdown happens and the muller poo poo happens and other corruption happens.

I will say it's especially important this time to run on actual issues like M4A and such to further neuter the "Trump is bad but he's better than the other guy" trap.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

The Glumslinger posted:

He actually has a pretty good reason for picking the canary as his logo

https://twitter.com/JonahHermann/status/1090755550462308352

America is a coal mine and the canary is decomposing.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

I thought fetuses were the valuable thing, and once they become babies the GOP stops giving a gently caress

When the sacred ideal is made manifest it is profaned by existence.

Same deal as ARE TROOPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Mom! Dad’s interfering with South American democracies again!