Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
WHAAAAAAAAAAHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Fat fuckin' Ahtie...

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

kylej posted:

junkie loser

You don't understand addiction.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Hi Fred

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Astro7x posted:

I am surprised a caller got through asking about what happened to the sybian, with Howard pretty much saying "The last girl who used it broke it, I mean, how many times can you do the sybian!"

Was this today? Were you listening live? I might not have been listening to closely to the rebroadcast, but I definitely missed that.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

Was this today? Were you listening live? I might not have been listening to closely to the rebroadcast, but I definitely missed that.

Yeah, from today. Dude got on the phone by asking about the speaker scene from Private Parts and threw in the sybian question near the end.

quote:

Howard took a call from a guy who said he has been listening for over 30 years and he loves them. He told Howard where he used to drive and listen. Howard was trying to rush him so he could move on. The caller said he has seen Private Parts a few times. He said he had a scene where the girl was straddled over the speaker and he did the shifting of gears with his mouth. He asked if he really did that. Howard said yes he did. He said he did it in Washington DC. He said the woman came. Robin said that's right. Howard said Fred remembers that too. He said they did it a few times. The caller asked what happened to the Sybian. Howard said the last woman broke it. He asked how many times you can do the same thing. He said they really did that speaker thing. He said he did a loop where it kept going. Robin said he just kept going when he was a young man. Howard said he can't go on like that now.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
The Sybian bit would simply not work anymore. Howard is way too old now. It would just be creepy.

However I would support having the Sybian inventor coming back as well as Little Lupe. And for putting Gary back in his beekeeper mask.

Two Kings fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 29, 2019

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

djnkro posted:

In Artie news, it looks like he is now claiming his nose issue came from the time he owed a bookie 68k, got kidnapped by a 19 year old, and held for ransom for 100k?

Yeah, so he's absolutely not on coke right now. https://theinterrobang.com/artie-langes-nose/

Literally every time I come to RGD and there is a double-digit amount of new posts in this thread, I assume it's because Artie Lange died.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

YeahTubaMike posted:

Literally every time I come to RGD and there is a double-digit amount of new posts in this thread, I assume it's because Artie Lange died.

This has been me for the past 10 years

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

djnkro posted:

In Artie news, it looks like he is now claiming his nose issue came from the time he owed a bookie 68k, got kidnapped by a 19 year old, and held for ransom for 100k?

Yeah, so he's absolutely not on coke right now. https://theinterrobang.com/artie-langes-nose/

Artie is a new Batman villain. “Wanna know how I got this nose?”

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
As much as Artie lies you'd think he'd be better at it, but his nonstop dipshittery reminds me that the actual talented and funny comedian Pete Holmes' HBO show is back.

Also a couple topics ago but Philly Eagles fans are literal animals who make Raiders fans look like normal humans so haha at Richard.

Chiefs fans are generally okay, they took that Los at the Coliseum this year with class in the greatest game ever played in NFL history, but I feel like Richard spent more time rewatching Legends of the Fall with his bros than he did following the Missouri team known as Kansas City back in the day so it's weird he's a football care-r now.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jan 29, 2019

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Hello ice cream heroin! Having a good time running around?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Two Kings posted:

The Syrian bit would simply not work anymore. Howard is way too old now. It would just be creepy.

However I would support having the Syrian inventor coming back as well as Little Lupe. And for putting Gary back in his beekeeper mask.

Sybian.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Ether Frenzy posted:

As much as Artie lies you'd think he'd be better at it, but his nonstop dipshittery reminds me that the actual talented and funny comedian Pete Holmes' HBO show is back.

Pete was on last weeks episode of Your Mom's House and they discussed Artie for a few minutes. He seems like an insightful guy who has a good grip on things, definitely worth the listen (and an all around great pomcast).

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Nice, thanks. I had never known anything about him until Crashing came on, and now I find him quite funny + endearing.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
Get the poison out

gently caress me, Robin

David Arquette and Benjy laughing at that is still top 3 for me.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

... but I feel like Richard spent more time rewatching Legends of the Fall with his bros than he did following the Missouri team known as Kansas City back in the day so it's weird he's a football care-r now.

Again (to quote Robin), he's a bandwagon fan. He didn't give a gently caress about the Chiefs or the Royals until they started to win, then suddenly he's the biggest fan around. That it gave him an excuse to drink all day on Sundays was just the cherry on top. This is Richard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miQm1lcsCSk

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

What's with all the Sybian refuges in Canada?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
In Richard's defense, we don't know much of a sports fan he is behind the scenes because the topic of football/baseball/my balls rarely comes up on the show, especially now that Artie is gone. He also lives in NYC and works on an early morning show so it's not like its easy for him (or anyone on the staff) to go to games on a regular basis, so I understand only being excited when his team(s) do well.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Grant DaNasty posted:

Artie is a new Batman villain. “Wanna know how I got this nose?”

"Why so Sirius?"

sorry I'll see myself out

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

DeadBonesBrook posted:

In Richard's defense, we don't know much of a sports fan he is behind the scenes

Can't we all just agree that Howard is the worst "sports fan" on the show? He believes you should only root for the town you currently live in, though always roots for whatever team in a major game that someone tells him "is the best". ...And he is a Pats fan because the owners are "fans", Brady wins a lot, and Edelman is Jewish. I actually think Richard is a great sports fan. He prefers his home teams, but has a back up with his wife's team. He never claimed to be a tried and true Eagles fan, they are just a backup team he married in to. I'm with him in that I am not going out of my way to watch the SB this year. Brady is probably the GOAT, but I am just super bored of watching him win the Super Bowl.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

DeadBonesBrook posted:

In Richard's defense, we don't know much of a sports fan he is behind the scenes because the topic of football/baseball/my balls rarely comes up on the show, especially now that Artie is gone. He also lives in NYC and works on an early morning show so it's not like its easy for him (or anyone on the staff) to go to games on a regular basis, so I understand only being excited when his team(s) do well.

Sports are my faaaaaaaavorite, just behind going on 6 day long train trips to drink warm alcohol out of my suitcase and not gently caress my girlfriend

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

well guys, I think we're almost done here in one way or another

Edit: https://twitter.com/artiequitter/status/1090760162493775873

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

"TeamLange"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
He must have gotten punched in the nose again and that's why it's bleeding.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If anyone can overdose and die in prison it's him

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Artie clearly wants to die. It's sad.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Yeah makes me think that he mom, sister and Colin Quinn make up that team but I'm pretty sure only his agent and lawyer are left.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Wow. I guess we will hear the story soon enough, but possession again? He is definitely going away for a while, prison and/or state drug treatment.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

^^ At this point, prison is the best thing for him.

Bonzo posted:

Yeah makes me think that he mom, sister and Colin Quinn make up that team but I'm pretty sure only his agent and lawyer are left.

:smith:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

beep by grandpa posted:

If anyone can overdose and die in prison it's him

The war on drugs is insane, he needs medical help, not prison. Drug addicts don't get better in prison.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Hey 260lbs! He is down 40 pounds from him last days on sirius.
I mean you gotta look at the bright side here.

While I agree that the american drug/jail/rehab system is hosed up and I am personally a fan of Portugal's method.....Artie could have afforded *literally the best treatment money could buy. The system isnt failing him in this situation.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Hey 260lbs! He is down 40 pounds from him last days on sirius.
I mean you gotta look at the bright side here.

He's a few push-ups away from a young George Clooney!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/31/artie-lange-arrested-for-drug-possession-says-hes-in-rehab/

According to Page Six it's a new possession charge.

quote:

Artie Lange‘s team tweeted on Wednesday that he’s in a long-term treatment program, but made no mention of the fact that he was actually busted for drugs that day.

Page Six confirmed on Thursday that the comedian was remanded to jail in Essex County, N.J., on Wednesday night for possession of a controlled substance. He has yet to be released.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I figured since he had dried blood under his nose.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

Bonzo posted:

well guys, I think we're almost done here in one way or another

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but does "POSS SCHD I II III IV" mean he was busted with Schedule 1,2,3, and 4 drugs? Because that's kinda impressive, in a way.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

misdirectomy posted:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but does "POSS SCHD I II III IV" mean he was busted with Schedule 1,2,3, and 4 drugs? Because that's kinda impressive, in a way.

It's referred to as "the junkie hat trick".

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/artiequitter/status/1091044628999163905

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Oh gently caress off TeamLange. "Artie was not arrested and sent to jail." So we're supposed to believe the police just took his mug shot and are holding him at some hotel to sober up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

misdirectomy posted:

Seems so http://middlesexcountycriminallaw.com/schedule-of-drugs-under-new-jersey-law/

So from that list and Artie's history we know:
I = Heroin
II = Coke or Oxy
III = Suboxone
IV = Xanax

He's not in jail, we're just holding him here and he can't leave because of cops but this isn't jail.

Kidding aside, I can see him doing time even after he gets clean.