Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kheldarn posted:

I suggested an Omega Prestige system. Once you hit Cosmic 60, you could use 2x Prestige Gourds to reset to Cosmic 1, as many times as you want.

Alternatively, if you used 2x Prestige Gourds at Red 60, you'd go back to Red 1. That way, anyone who didn't want to Cosmic could still endlessly prestige.
I just want Leowyld to have a full roster of RRs. Shine on you crazy diamond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I don't really ever use twitter. I don't even think I've ever tweeted anything and only occasionally retweeted something.

I have one follower on twitter.

It's Leowyld.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lmfao.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
I miss doing the One-off. it was like zshuuuuuuuuuuuuuu sschwing sssssssss

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

whose tournie vid had leo in it? that was the best thing i ever seen

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

https://twitter.com/girlziplocked/status/1085945814860603392

It all makes sense now

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Just like MH I too can make up supporting statistics, but get too lazy to even press a number key let alone any sort of study

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Marvel games have overcome the Fantastic Four embargo and the beautiful bag man rides again

if only marvel heroes could have lived to see this day.......

i bet we would have gotten a PS4 Spidey outfit in MH, now that i think about it. that would have been a cool cross-promo thing, especially alongside whatever Spiderverse stuff we would have gotten (playable Miles probably)

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

miles teamup and a ps4 spiderman spotlight

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lol, Captain ☠☠☠☠ is on test but it turns out anytime ☠☠☠☠ appear in dialogue it crashes the game and locks your account.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

rewatching the marvel movies makes me really miss this game i'm dying here i need it

i loving NEED IT

MARVEL GET YOUR GAMES DIVISION OFF ITS rear end AND DO SOMETHING THAT ISN'T MOBILE OR CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE :qq:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Anthem might not be a bad alternative for a bit. The barbie dressup is very robust (I made a Victor Von Doom!) and when you aren't playing as ironman, you're playing as ironman trying to copy other superheroes.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 31, 2019

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Zigmidge posted:

Anthem might not be a bad alternative for a bit. The barbie dressup is very robust (I made a Victor Von Doom!) and when you aren't playing as ironman, you're playing as ironman trying to copy other superheroes.
oh no ICR is adapting

he knows he;s lost our trust so he killed Zigmidge and stole his account

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

SV I'm just about the last person I'd embody to gain games forum posters' trust.

But then again, can you trust that?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I am very trust

Edit: I’m a good man I did nothing wrong. I’m a good man

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
We would only be months away from that first captain marvel rework by now. :(

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Zigmidge posted:

I have zero faith in Bioware unfortunately, I'm certain that Anthem is going to be a trainwreck on release.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Yeah you're probably right. Safer to just wait for the MH re-launch.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Zigmidge posted:

Yeah you're probably right. Safer to just wait for the MH re-launch.

:hai:

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Sun man... lie?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Zigmidge posted:

SV I'm just about the last person I'd embody to gain games forum posters' trust.

its the perfect disguise

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Zigmidge posted:

And ICR is?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he was Zigmidge

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I thought it was getting everyone to play Destiny.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Instead of anthem play warframe, where everyone is iron man or venom or carnage

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Remember Vermintide? lol

Estel
May 4, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PLqjNCtFTU

This guy usually makes good videos about the death of games and made one about Marvel Heroes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

If I bought destiny did I play myself?

Yes, I did.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Destiny is goodish
Anthem is goodish

Vermintide is ehhh

2 out of 3 not bad, starting to think we can almost sorta maybe believe his lies.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Estel posted:

This guy usually makes good videos about the death of games and made one about Marvel Heroes.
cites the change from CG to comic-book cut-scenes "as you progress through the game" as evidence of Gazillion running out of money as development continued.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
SV or Pokchu send me PoE goks next league pls.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Fried Sushi posted:

Destiny is goodish
Anthem is goodish

Vermintide is ehhh

2 out of 3 not bad, starting to think we can almost sorta maybe believe his lies.

This post is backwards.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

FranktheBank posted:

SV or Pokchu send me PoE goks next league pls.

the trick is to wait until deathplague quits for the league then make him give you all his stuff

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Estel posted:

This Was a pretty bad analysis as it focused mainly on how stupid gaz was and less why people stopped playing. Had people still played the rapist ceo wouldn't have mattered and they would have got the contract renewed.

Estel
May 4, 2010
I loved this game and it was fun and it's still in my top played steam games but people stopped playing because it was bad. Like the video said it was a bad mmo and a bad arpg full of half-assed ideas and mechanics. It's true that it was fun and fast and colorful but it wasn't a good game, Marvel Heroes never knew what it wanted to be and was struggling adding and changing things until the end because of that.

People can enjoy a bad game if it's fun or unique enough but for a lot of people that is not enough and that was the end of Marvel Heroes.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I wouldn't even call it bad until the end when they tried reworking the things that were actually fun.

It was a great and fun game until they tried to fix what wasn't broken (mechanically, balance-wise movement was broke as hell) and were left cramming a broken ARPG into the standard ARPG mold.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The inventory clutter was one of the main things that made me stop playing regularly. So much poo poo dropped and basically every unique had pretty large variances on every single roll so it was just thus constant cascade of garbage that you'd have to hold on to for various recipes and whatnot. And not to mention the various event currencies. But once the movement pass hit, that was it. Game was dead to me.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Estel posted:

I loved this game and it was fun and it's still in my top played steam games but people stopped playing because it was bad. Like the video said it was a bad mmo and a bad arpg full of half-assed ideas and mechanics. It's true that it was fun and fast and colorful but it wasn't a good game, Marvel Heroes never knew what it wanted to be and was struggling adding and changing things until the end because of that.

People can enjoy a bad game if it's fun or unique enough but for a lot of people that is not enough and that was the end of Marvel Heroes.

No, the end of Marvel Heroes was a totally inept management team. I don't remember if they just forgot to renew their license or wound up breaking it somehow in connection with the sex scandal involving the CEO, but its rare for a game it shut down entirely rather then just stopping development and letting it live on to soak what you can from cash shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Wasn't there that issue where Marvel/Disney was being really strict with licenses again? Maybe they asked too much money to renew it or something so what was left of Gaz just decided gently caress it.