Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Since Splinter is stunning Guard 2, you don't have to kill her this round. Bullwinkle could boot up to F4 and skewer the Shaman and an Archer and Rocky could boot up to E6 and Dirt Tornado both archers and the Shaman. That has a good chance of killing one archer, and the other one will be muddled for their attack on Bullwinkle. This would expose Rocky to a single Guard attack, but that's only 2 damage. That would also still kill Guard 2 if Splinter draws a +1.

Reik fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Reik posted:

Since Splinter is stunning Guard 2, you don't have to kill her this round. Bullwinkle could boot up to F4 and skewer the Shaman and an Archer and Rocky could boot up to E6 and Dirt Tornado both archers and the Shaman. That has a good chance of killing one archer, and the other one will be muddled for their attack on Bullwinkle. This would expose Rocky to a single Guard attack, but that's only 2 damage. That would also still kill Guard 2 if Splinter draws a +1.

I'm game if Ripley is. The Brute will take two Attack 3s at disadvantage and I'll take a single Attack 2.

I'll add a contingency to my orders.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Narsham posted:

I'm game if Ripley is. The Brute will take two Attack 3s at disadvantage and I'll take a single Attack 2.

I'll add a contingency to my orders.

Well, Skewer is empowered by wind this turn so it's an attack 4 and your dirt tornado empowered by earth is an attack 2 so there's a good shot you take out the 6 health Archer.

Reik fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 30, 2019

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Ah, this sounds more fun than hiding from the archers. Good shout.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
So, the bad news is that I forgot to turn on the remote machine I use to run updates in my break and I won't be able to update until this evening GMT. The good news is that our players have had enough time to come up with a different plan, since they are in different time zones!

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Clearly just an excuse to build suspense!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
"On the next episode of Gloom Haven Z!"

*Rocky continues screaming*

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is a level 1 Scoundrel:

This is a level 9 Scoundrel:

Also most Fight actions are on top and most Talk actions are on bot, but sometimes this rule is broken so you can Talk twice during your combat Round.

Update to follow momentarily :munch:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Inox Encampment Round 2B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

None!

Start of round actions posted:

Inox Guard 1(s) spawns in E2!

When a spawning location is occupied, the new enemy is spawned in the nearest empty hex to that location. There is no specification that it has to be in the closest hex to a player, so I've assigned it a spawn location that would be beneficial according to the players' intent for this Round. Active Players, please let me know if you have any preferences regarding the location of future spawns if we are going to have another Round with an occupied spawning hex!

08. Inox Shaman 4(E) posted:

- Inox Shaman 4(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Tries to MOVE1, no valid hex!

#sadtrombone

29. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Withering Claw (bot)! Moves 2 to F7.
- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (top)! Consumes ICE! Attacks Inox Guard 2 for 6 (3base, +1mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP.
Inox Guard 2 is at 1 HP and is STUNNED!
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token.

:ese:

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

- Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (bot)! Activates Boots of Striding! Moves 4 to E6. Inox Guard 2 suffers 1 damage!
Inox Guard 2 is killed!.
- Rocky uses Dirt Tornado (top)! Activated Eagle-eyed Goggles! Consumes EARTH. Targets E4 with the bottom hex!
Attacks Inox Archer 2 for 3 (2base, +1/-1mod) damage!
Attacks Inox Archer 6 for 2 (2base, +0/+0mod) damage!
Attacks Inox Shaman 4(E) for 4 (2base, x2BLESS/-1mod) damage!
Attacks Inox Guard 1(s) for 2 (2base, +0/+0mod) damage!
BLESS card removed from the deck!
Inox Archer 2 is at 3 HP and is MUDDLED!
Inox Archer 6 is at 4 HP and is MUDDLED!
Inox Shaman 4(E) is at 5 HP and is MUDDLED!
Inox Guard 1(s) is at 6 HP and is MUDDLED!
EARTH is now strong.
Rocky activates Minor Stamina Potion! Recovers Rumbling Advance and Dirt Tornado.

That is not even Rocky's final form! Ok, it kinda is. Rocky has now spent all his items to power up for this attack, although it was very effective.

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Sweeping Blow (bot)! Activates Boots of Striding! Moves 5 to F4. Doesn't PUSH anyone.
- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (top)! Consumes AIR! Gains 1XP.
Attacks Inox Archer 6 for 5 (4base, +1mod, PIERCE1) damage!
Attacks Inox Shaman 4(E) for 5 (4base, +1mod, PIERCE1) damage!
Inox Archer 6 is killed!
Inox Shaman 4(E) is killed!

:fuckoff:
Well then.

50. Inox Guard 1(s), 4, 5(s), 6 posted:

- Inox Guard 1(s) focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 2 to F3. Attacks Bullwinkle with DISADVANTAGE for 0 (2base, -1/+0mod, -1SHIELD) damage. Loses MUDDLE token.
Bullwinkle's Hide Armor loses 1 charge!
- Inox Guard 4 focuses Rocky! Moves 2 to D6. Attacks Rocky for 4 (2base, +2mod) damage.
Rocky is at 6 HP
- Inox Guard 5(s) focuses Bullwinkle! Moves 2 to D3.
- Inox Guard 6 focuses Master Splinter! Moves 2 to D7.

The Guards are closing in! A lucky hit on Rocky has taken almost half of its HPs.

68. Inox Archer 2 posted:

- Inox Archer 2 focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle with DISADVANTAGE for 3 (3base, +1/+1mod, -1SHIELD) damage. Loses MUDDLED token.
Bullwinkle Hide Armor loses 1 charge and is SPENT!
Bullwinkle's is at 6 HP

Ouch! Another unlucky draw for our players, taking a good chunk of Bullwinkle's HPs. A small consolation: an extra +1 attack modifier has been "wasted" on this attack. The BLESS card is still in there somewhere, though!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- EARTH is now waning.
- Scenario Objective: 4/15

The enemies have suffered grave losses and injuries, but our party has also been hit quite hard! And there is a constant stream of enemies coming from hex D1...

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 30, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Bullwinkle got to add 2 trophies to his collection in one round!

The group definitely took more than expected damage, but got very lucky in killing both Guard 2 and the Shaman in addition to the expected Archer kill.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Dramatic round! Bullwinkle has his pristine new Hide Armor, at least - I don't think that's been factored in yet.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Ripley posted:

Dramatic round! Bullwinkle has his pristine new Hide Armor, at least - I don't think that's been factored in yet.

:doh:
Bullkinkle has 2 more HP than this then! There is a FAQ clarification about Hide Armor:

quote:

Item 003
Hide Armor only grants the shield for the attack, not until the end of the round.

EDIT: fixed the update!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 30, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That was totally a Super Cragheart Red. Enemy guard then punted him through a mountain or two, par for the course.

This situation is a bloody mess.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
A monster kill progress tracker at the end of each post might be cool for this scenario. I think the group is up to 4 now?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

It's funny cause after the first turn I was "man I should really add a tracker" and then completely forgot. I've now added it to the Step B template in the spreadsheet so we should be good to go for future turns :)

And yeah, we're currently at 4/15!

vvvvvvv Yeah I've added it posthumously in update 1B after Reik has suggested it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I swear I saw at tracker on one of the updates.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Me reading the update after making the tactical suggestion:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo what a bloodbath of a turn :stare::munch:

We need a :staremunch:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
We do! It’s :suspense:, as I recall. E: yup, it’s suspense

I can’t reach the door this turn, but I do still have a push 3 in my back pocket. If I can get to D4 or E4, I can chuck Guard 3 through those thorny branches and leave her near death, out of attack range, while getting close enough to the door to open it next round and block it for a couple of turns. I’m not too concerned with drawing focus, since we’re all at 6 HP anyways, and I plan to be untargetable after opening the door.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
It would require Rocky or Bullwinkle to open the door, but Splinter going invisible on F5 seems strong.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Would it be worthwhile to wall off the southern guards with boulders at this point and send them the long way around?

I'm on GMT, so I'll wait and see what you guys are thinking overnight.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Is there a better place you could drop them at a later point? If not, go for it.

Reik posted:

It would require Rocky or Bullwinkle to open the door, but Splinter going invisible on F5 seems strong.

Splinter can open the door and go invisible, though, which prevents any potential enemies in the hut from attacking (unless they're ranged and someone else is in range), while also stopping the guards from spawning. F5 is also a legal spot for Rocky to drop an obstacle, and the door wouldn't be.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Is there a better place you could drop them at a later point? If not, go for it.

Splinter can open the door and go invisible, though, which prevents any potential enemies in the hut from attacking (unless they're ranged and someone else is in range), while also stopping the guards from spawning. F5 is also a legal spot for Rocky to drop an obstacle, and the door wouldn't be.

Since dropping the rocks is a bottom action, Rocky would need to be able to get away from the guards without using their bottom action, then drop the rocks down, right?

I guess they could push guard 4 with their top then drop down some rocks?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

We do! It’s :suspense:, as I recall. E: yup, it’s suspense

Holy loving poo poo. Thank you!

I had forgotten how good the goggles are with Dirt Tornado, especially an earth buffed one. I normally just use them with a Backup Ammo enhanced Massive Boulder or Crater but when I played my Cragheart it wasn't a 4 player campaign so I rarely got to target 4 enemies with it at once. That was cool to see!

quote:

I can’t reach the door this turn, but I do still have a push 3 in my back pocket. If I can get to D4 or E4, I can chuck Guard 3 through those thorny branches and leave her near death, out of attack range, while getting close enough to the door to open it next round and block it for a couple of turns. I’m not too concerned with drawing focus, since we’re all at 6 HP anyways, and I plan to be untargetable after opening the door.

For the viewers at home, the thorns are not actually a trap. They're hazardous terrain. Anything moving onto it takes damage equal to half the trap damage of the current difficulty level (in this case 1 damage) and it doesn't go away when this happens like traps do. Also the damage is "true damage" just like trap damage where it ignores shields. Shoving things through hazardous terrain is hilarious because not only is it re-usable damage, the enemies will also have to spend extra movement to go back around it if they survive the damage.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 31, 2019

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Ripley posted:

Would it be worthwhile to wall off the southern guards with boulders at this point and send them the long way around?

I'm on GMT, so I'll wait and see what you guys are thinking overnight.

I am inclined to outrace the two guards behind us and block off their progress. That does mean Splinter needs to move quickly (my fastest card is 29 init). If I move to F4 or G5 and immobilize Guard 4, they'd need their +1 move card to attack me. The following turn, I can use a push card to guarantee F5 is a valid boulder spot, and drop the rocks. Once those spawning warriors get cut off, we should probably plan to let the enemies in the room beyond come to us.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm not allowed to give you my exact initiative, but I think I'm allowed to point out that every non-Augment card I have is initiative 29 or faster. Make of that what you will.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Inox Encampment Round 3A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

Bullwinkle has a brand new Hide Armor! He has suffered 2 point of damage less than expected.

ROUND REVEAL posted:

Rocky and Bullwinkle are not going to be happy campers: on top of adding 1 point of damage to every Attack suffered, POISON also prevents you from healing properly (the first HEAL will, instead, remove the POISON token). At least the rest of the Guards won't be moving in to Attack...
"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded3, Active1, Lost0) is acting at initiative 27 with Fearsome Blade and Feedback Loop.

27. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"

"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."
Bullwinkle (Hand6, Discarded4, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 27 with Spare Dagger and Grab and Go.

27. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

code:
"SPARE DAGGER (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - XP1
BOT: ATK2"

"GRAB AND GO (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1
BOT: MOVE4"
Rocky (Hand9, Discarded2, Active0, Lost0) is acting at initiative 29 with Rumbling Advance and Earthen Clod.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

code:
"RUMBLING ADVANCE (29) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Range2 - Generate EARTH
BOT: MOVE2 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH"

"EARTHEN CLOD (38) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range5 - Consume EARTH: IMMOBILIZE, XP1
BOT: HEAL2, Range3"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 31, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well, that's kind of painful. I can jump to D4 and knock Guard 5 into A2 as planned, but that makes me the archer's focus. I'd be happy to take the hit, but immobilize will set me back a round in terms of door-opening. I can also attack the archer instead, though. I'll be hitting it with an attack 4, which should be enough to kill it if someone else hits it and we get don't get terrible mod draws.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Well, that's kind of painful. I can jump to D4 and knock Guard 5 into A2 as planned, but that makes me the archer's focus. I'd be happy to take the hit, but immobilize will set me back a round in terms of door-opening. I can also attack the archer instead, though. I'll be hitting it with an attack 4, which should be enough to kill it if someone else hits it and we get don't get terrible mod draws.

The Archer only has 3 health remaining.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Enemies can't open doors, correct? (Unless the scenario authorizes it)
Because otherwise I'd punt the guard into the door and open it that way. Very cinematic.

The archer is at 3 HP, so a +0 Spare Dagger would be enough, and Rocky is right behind for a follow-up.

E: oh right, earth is up, so one enemy is getting immobilised by Rocky. Rolling the dice attack deck on Spare Dagger isn't that bad

Omobono fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jan 31, 2019

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Omobono posted:

Enemies can't open doors, correct? (Unless the scenario authorizes it)
Because otherwise I'd punt the guard into the door and open it that way. Very cinematic.

Correct, enemies treat (EDIT: closed) doors as walls except for specific cases like the Bandit Commander.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Reik posted:

The Archer only has 3 health remaining.

Oh shoot, I missed that. Then it's between me almost definitely killing the archer and Bullwinkle having somewhere around 2/3rd odds of killing it and Rocky having a follow-up if necessary.

I'll probably go ahead and send that guard reeling, then!

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Oh shoot, I missed that. Then it's between me almost definitely killing the archer and Bullwinkle having somewhere around 2/3rd odds of killing it and Rocky having a follow-up if necessary.

I'll probably go ahead and send that guard reeling, then!

Yeah, kill the archer and you can go faster than the remaining guards next turn to open door 1 and go invisible. I can 100% block off the two guards behind us next turn. I'm a little concerned about the three guards we'll face up here with two of us being poisoned. All my healing is being played right now.

I'll immobilize one of the guards up here (guard 1), while will leave you with only two guards to worry about next turn. If the guards move 2 or 3 next turn I'll have to use my push to set up the barrier, but if they move 0 or 1 I can help out up here.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Narsham posted:

Yeah, kill the archer and you can go faster than the remaining guards next turn to open door 1 and go invisible. I can 100% block off the two guards behind us next turn. I'm a little concerned about the three guards we'll face up here with two of us being poisoned. All my healing is being played right now.

I'll immobilize one of the guards up here (guard 1), while will leave you with only two guards to worry about next turn. If the guards move 2 or 3 next turn I'll have to use my push to set up the barrier, but if they move 0 or 1 I can help out up here.

It might not be a bad idea to just double tap heal Bullwinkle this round if he stays put and disarm the two guards by you next round.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Playing the top half of a card and the bottom of the other is in any order, so Bullwinkle could grab the Archer's focus with his movement if the dagger misses.
It's probably not a good option (he'd be immobilized and poisoned next turn with at least 3 guards focusing him) but it's there.

What's the guard cap? 6? There are 4 in the image, one should have spawned right now and one will spawn at the start of the next turn, so opening the door should not add any guard if that's the limit.
My bet for what's inside is a mix of guards and archers plus an elite shaman.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

There are only 6 Inox Guard standees in the box, yes.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Reik posted:

It might not be a bad idea to just double tap heal Bullwinkle this round if he stays put and disarm the two guards by you next round.

That leaves him fighting three or four guards next turn, and me fighting two. If I stick with the plan, and he moves, then I'll get hit by one guard next turn and Bullwinkle can engage one or two. I'll still have the disarm AoE as well as Dirt Tornado in reserve.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Fast guards are the worst. At least if this run goes south, we'll be an example for the thread of how quickly things can go wrong.

Healing is tempting, but I think Narsham's right that sitting put could make next turn into (even more of) a bloodbath. I'll move up and throw a dagger at somebody.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
I should point out that you don't HAVE to open the door ASAP. The goal is to kill 15 enemies, and it might be easier and safer (though, more boring) to take down a steady stream of normal guards, rather than hunting for whatever unknown enemies might be waiting for you in the other rooms.

Not to dissuade anyone - just pointing out the possibility!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Phelddagrif posted:

I should point out that you don't HAVE to open the door ASAP. The goal is to kill 15 enemies, and it might be easier and safer (though, more boring) to take down a steady stream of normal guards, rather than hunting for whatever unknown enemies might be waiting for you in the other rooms.

Not to dissuade anyone - just pointing out the possibility!

1 guard per turn materializing on top of us is pretty bad. Even if the next room is packed with archers, we can duck around the corner and they'll take at least 2-3 turns to engage us.