Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

it'll please a lot of d&d regulars because they have repeatedly made it clear that we must vote for the reasonable centrist no matter what

I hear literally the exact opposite constantly to the point where it gives the impression that for USPOL there's literally nothing worse in politics than being a centrist. Like pages and pages spent hammering on that point specifically, so it's interesting that anyone would ever derive the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
News article from next month:

"In an odd twist, Mueller not only found evidence of collusion, but also within Stone's possession were Nixon's missing 18 minutes of audio tape"

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
One of my English teachers rolled out Throne of Blood when we covered MacBeth which is the most correct possible choice.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Rigel posted:

What, like the class is reading Shakespeare, the teacher is explaining what is going on and then *record scratch* "ooh, a sexy line, hey Crow Jane, please read the next line to the class!"

Yeah, we'd read the play aloud in class, and whenever there was a line in any way related to doing it it was suddenly my turn to read. Also went for poetry and whatnot. I actually really liked his class a lot and he wrote me a great college recommendation letter, but still, ugh.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Kale posted:

I hear literally the exact opposite constantly to the point where it gives the impression that for USPOL there's literally nothing worse in politics than being a centrist. Like pages and pages spent hammering on that point specifically, so it's interesting that anyone would ever derive the opposite.

I think the reason this has happened is many of us have written off anyone to the right of a centrist as human garbage and so the fight we pick is with centrists.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

News article from next month:

"In an odd twist, Mueller not only found evidence of collusion, but also within Stone's possession were Nixon's missing 18 minutes of audio tape"

You forgot the Clinton's butter emails.

(which is a doomsday ritual/recipe where you make fried butter using clarified butter as the deepfrying oil)

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

The Super-Id posted:

I think the reason this has happened is many of us have written off anyone to the right of a centrist as human garbage and so the fight we pick is with centrists.

Well you don't try to reason with the zombie hordes but you might try to get the guy holed up in the water tower with 10 years of twinkies to come down.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

PhazonLink posted:

You forgot the Clinton's butter emails.

(which is a doomsday ritual/recipe where you make fried butter using clarified butter as the deepfrying oil)

Gimme Bernie's cannabutter recipes

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Vote blue, no matter who, even if they're a drat dirty red.

Get it? Because... because Republicans and Communists are both, uh... you know what, never mind.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Wylie posted:

I wasn't aware "birth tourism" was even illegal, though? I remember reading something five hundred years ago back in '17 about the Trump condos in South Florida doing a roaring business in Russian pregnant women coming over to get their kids US passports.

Not really illegal, no - although most of what I recall coming across was well-off Chinese parents flying in to do it.

It sort of started being pointed out during that whole stupid loving "ANCHOR BABIES!" thing when DACA was first rolled out.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Wylie posted:

I wasn't aware "birth tourism" was even illegal, though? I remember reading something five hundred years ago back in '17 about the Trump condos in South Florida doing a roaring business in Russian pregnant women coming over to get their kids US passports.

*waggles hand*

The article goes into some detail on exactly where they hosed up, but yeah, there's a somewhat viable process to come here specifically for baby delivery. These folks instead engaged in organized visa fraud!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/PoliticusSarah/status/1091065970758692865

"I am saying that as a fact stater"

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Wylie posted:

Well, since border agents pretty much have hilariously wide latitude to deny entry and send you packing on the next flight home for any or no reason, I'm guessing maybe they were coached up to say the right things to get through, and so the "crime" here is probably some kind of conspiracy to lie to a federal agent.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Potential BFF posted:

The dumbest thing about CHUD Protestant opposition to abortion is that it's a relatively recent development that came about because Jerry loving Falwell and his coalition of sapient garbage needed something that Catholics and the snake-handling scammers casting demons out in tents could see eye to eye on beyond a proclivity for child abuse. It turns out paying a bunch of televangelists and megachurch charlatans to scream about a topic that was largely a nonissue worked. This was all necessary because Tubby White Flopsweat God was allegedly super mad about black children going to school, especially college!

On a completely different note I gotta agree, the poor FBI functionary that has to review Mrs. Stone's freckled cigarette leather bolt-ons bouncing on top of a bull in a Nixon mask is gonna need to be put on suicide watch.

I need to be put on suicide watch for that imagery

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Give me that big hard wall Daddy

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1091065396780773376

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

This is going to end up in the Mueller investigation isn't it?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Rigel posted:

Well, since border agents pretty much have hilariously wide latitude to deny entry and send you packing on the next flight home for any or no reason, I'm guessing maybe they were coached up to say the right things to get through, and so the "crime" here is probably some kind of conspiracy to lie to a federal agent.

also identity theft and money laundering, because [edit of tweet about crimes crimes crimes]

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1091010658089476097

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Tibalt posted:

I feel like the "company secrets on a flash drive" and "Medieval Times" parts don't get nearly enough attention in that story, personally.

Medical Times fuckin owns, gently caress the haters, go Red Knight

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

HappyHippo posted:

With the all the facebook news this week we're probably about to discover that all the big tech people put trump in power so they could do their shady stuff unchecked

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, we'd read the play aloud in class, and whenever there was a line in any way related to doing it it was suddenly my turn to read. Also went for poetry and whatnot. I actually really liked his class a lot and he wrote me a great college recommendation letter, but still, ugh.

One of my Latin teachers in high school use to pick on this one particular shy girl to read the passage every time the word "penus" was in it, making a big deal about the whole thing and acting like he couldn't hear her unless she read it louder. High school is hosed up. :(

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CuddleCryptid posted:

Give me that big hard wall Daddy

Hit those back Walls

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Rigel posted:

It's visa fraud as well, which is the big thing.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

HappyHippo posted:

https://twitter.com/KateNocera/status/1091067361694806016

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

What even is reality

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Easy Diff posted:

Medical Times fuckin owns, gently caress the haters, go Red Knight

Medical Times would be like a hospital drama live action show where they have explosive blood streaks hitting the audience like at Sea World and that's how they refill your drinks too.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Herman Cain is back? Possibly as a Fed Board member?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Your Taint posted:

Yeah I'm not going to click on that. I can pretty much imagine what kind of verbal diarrhea he spewed from his face anus.

Same reaction. Man, I can't even read his loving tweets, someone thinks I can watch him giving a speech?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

:lol: "i'm not busted, you're busted!"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1091070210067582976

68 yes votes

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

"It will be very interesting. Some people have suggested. Let me take the wall along California, let’s move it to Arizona, let’s move it to Texas and, you know, it will be a very interesting statement."

I... what? i mean, what the gently caress? i know he's a word-salad machine, but this is incomprehensible, even for him.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1090623204698345474

What in the actual gently caress regarding CNN's framing of this loving horrorshow.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

HappyHippo posted:

Hmm, Bezos *has* been a thorn in Trump's side due to his ownership of the Washington Post.

:tinfoil:

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

ewiley posted:

Medical Times would be like a hospital drama live action show where they have explosive blood streaks hitting the audience like at Sea World and that's how they refill your drinks too.

You root for the doctor who's wearing scrubs that match the color of the jello the nurse/waitress serves you

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Grape posted:

Midsummer Night's Dream owns. 12th Night also owns.

It's a shame that American high schools only really touch on the tragedies, because yeah I get that blood and drama appeals to teenagers if taught right. But crossdressing screwball comedies, donkey headed dudes, fart jokes, drunks, sex jokes.... man like you could have the best drat English classes around if you dared.

In my white-lefty upbringing, we focused on (by order of importance) A Midsummer Nights Dream, The Tempest, Much Ado About Nothing, and R&J. I think the last one was only so we could identify a great deal of literary tropes. But otherwise yeah, we took field trips to San Francisco to watch a man on stage go “oh no I’m an rear end!” and then look down the front of his pants. Owns.

Kale
May 14, 2010

The Super-Id posted:

Well in any case Howard Schultz really does seem like just a bad candidate nobody but himself wants to run so in this case at least it's understandable and doesn't come across as just hammering the familiar point about centrists seemingly for the sake of it to fill pages. I find it funny that he's apparently walking back his early strategy of just trying to start as much poo poo with other candidates as possible Trump style by deleting some tweets linking to disparaging articles about them. I really just don't want to see this become a valid tactic to get elected either. The whole just fling as much loving poo poo around at everybody as possible on social media and be involved in x number of feuds and beefs the whole way through the election style so as to always be in the news and the focus of people's attention. It's just loving exhausting to see the media entertain and we've already seen multiple times in the last year where it unsurprisingly leads to poo poo do nothing politicians when they get elected.

Basically trying to discredit your opponent and show why you're the better choice has always been a campaign strategy but it's gotten way out of control in the era of Trump and is becoming too much of a distraction from real issues that people ought to pay attention to when choosing who to vote for. I want to see more politicians get elected that talk about actual feasible platforms and policies that benefit people and less their beefs and petty personal feuds with other political candidates and public figures and I kind of hope the majority feels the same come 2020.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Blood for the blood god
Empire Uber alles

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1091074076700041221

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU