Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Alaois posted:

BANNED

Reason Given: did a Gambit impression

It not Glass Shark, it you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I left the Facebook group when some dude posted a picture of his cock in a sock puppet and everyone yelled "What the gently caress is wrong with you delete this" and he said "This is a joke from the show. I'm gonna wait for the brothers to weigh in on this"

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Well what did they think?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I don't even care to engage with the vast majority of people that I've willingly friended on Facebook, I can't imagine joining any sort of public group on there with thousands of people that I don't know.

Also I'm about to hit the glass shark episode on my backlog listen-through and I'm stoked.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Does anybody besides me miss Rose Buddies? It was such a great show, and by comparison I feel like Wonderful is bland

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like the idea of Wonderful! but I just don't have time for it anymore.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Inzombiac posted:

I like the idea of Wonderful! but I just don't have time for it anymore.

Like half the poo poo on Wonderful is music and I have completely different tastes from Griffin and Rachel.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mae posted:

Does anybody besides me miss Rose Buddies? It was such a great show, and by comparison I feel like Wonderful is bland

Yeah but Bachelor had become so objectively bad and problematic it's almost impossible to cover

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I just wish they'd pivoted to Survivor instead. I listened to Wonderful for something like a year but then got bored because it's essentially the same thing over and over again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just play with them.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

They should just jump on the other garbage shows like Married at First Sight, Back with the Ex, and 90 Day Fiancé

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Seeking Sister Wife

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I gave up on Wonderful after about 5 or 6 episodes, but did they ever actually come up with themes for their episodes? Part of what I didn't like about it was that any episode could be about a random assortment of things, a lot of which I hadn't even heard of. So maybe I like or know of 1-2 of the things they talk about, but it'd be surrounded by something I just didn't care about.

I really liked Rose Buddies though. I just wish they had a show that was more structured around something.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He should do CoolGamesInc but with his wife

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

his wife should read Modelland by Tyra Banks and explain the plot to him

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Mae posted:

Does anybody besides me miss Rose Buddies?

Yeah definitely. Listened Wonderful for a few eps, but like a lot of others here didn't really like it.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I do miss the hilarity that came with Rose Buddies, but I also still listen to Wonderful, just tend to play it while I'm doing other stuff and not pay 100% attention.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I think it's fine and I think their reason to move away from the Bachelor was a good decision, even if it left the podcast fairly directionless

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I find Wonderful kind of grating to listen to, the whole thing is just a little twee for my taste

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 1, 2019

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
A takedown of reality TV would be a good theme for a podcast, if I didn't already do that every time my wife turns on an episode of House Hunters or The Bachelor or whatever. Maybe I'll start that podcast...

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000
I enjoy Wonderful, especially in recent eps where it feels like Rachel has gotten more playful. It is extremely fun when the straight-man starts slyly telling filthy jokes.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Are there people that actually listen to Shmanners?

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

statistically speaking, yes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They've opened for several live shows, so yes, I'd say there are a number of people who have listened to at least one episode.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shmanners is a money laundering scheme

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I listened to the recent Shmanners about dueling because it sounded cool and I saw it on the mcelroy family website. Eh, it was alright.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

House Hunters is Good

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Griffin isn’t usually the one to make me burst out laughing, but “Hurry up, me and this baby are going to go watch Fatal Attraction” was delivered so perfectly.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
There's so much Terrace House they could do. That's a rich vein.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Justice Sloth posted:

There's so much Terrace House they could do. That's a rich vein.

Terrace House is too pure

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Alaois posted:

Terrace House is too pure

Oh boy, this latest season sure aint! There's been some pretty outright hostility.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If not for Sawbones I'd have never learned that Winnie the Pooh did meth.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

They've opened for several live shows, so yes, I'd say there are a number of people who have listened to at least one episode.

Don't you think that's just people playing nice with Travis? Nobody really cares about opening acts anyway. I don't buy it. I've never heard anyone talk about the show. I don't know every single person that listens to Maxfun shows of course, but come on...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/sydneemcelroy/status/1091846388974084096?s=21

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Don't you think that's just people playing nice with Travis? Nobody really cares about opening acts anyway. I don't buy it. I've never heard anyone talk about the show. I don't know every single person that listens to Maxfun shows of course, but come on...

If the internet has taught me anything, it's that people will listen to almost anything

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQfUTbVtqU

I love when Duck lies.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

It's actually amazing how he's only gotten worse at it from that moment

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usygW7g0cCg

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was very lucky to always be at college during the Super Bowl when I worked at Bojangles', so I avoided all this nonsense.

Also the Supremes are the spicy ones.

https://www.facebook.com/BojanglesGooseCreek829/videos/646130205784412/

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Poor Justin. Poor, poor Justin.