Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Everyone you loved in the 90s is a sex pest or ultrachud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I am friends with little pete's wife on facebook and he still seems cool tho

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

Ren & Stimpy's creator (John Kricfalusi) is a paedo sex pest IRL.

WALL news reminds me of the wise Senator who, when it was clear early on that the Vietnam War was sliding towards a quagmire, suggested that the United States just "declare victory and go home".

seems smart to me. tweet out a few pictures, walls being built.

fake news says its not, you dont believe the fake news do you? ann coulter? didnt return her many many calls, too busy talking to JAMES WOODS

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Apparently there's a Canadian white supremacist group called the Wolves of Odin. Well, they let their domain expire or something, and furries took notice...

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Don't look into what happened to Ellen.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Reclines Obesily posted:

seems smart to me. tweet out a few pictures, walls being built.

fake news says its not, you dont believe the fake news do you? ann coulter? didnt return her many many calls, too busy talking to JAMES WOODS
Absolutely. Appear in front of an already-existing length of WALL, talk about how border crime and crossings are down (true!), show some footage of WALL being maintained (already part of the budget and has been for a long time), pin medals on a bunch of ICE goon's chests, and declare the crisis resolved and take credit for it. Basically, take credit for all the Obama-era border construction. Fox News would absolutely roll with it, so would all the MAGA bots, even Coulter would shut up, and he could campaign in 2020 on "Promises Kept!" and taking a victory lap as the man who cut through all the bullshit and fixed the border crisis.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Mel Mudkiper posted:

wait like pete and pete?

i loving loved that show

AAAAAAAARTTY, STRONNGEST MAAAAAAN...IN THE WORLLLLLD

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Don't look into what happened to Ellen.

What? N-nothing according to wikipedia...?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

What? N-nothing according to wikipedia...?

Don't look at her twitter.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Oh you couldn’t pay me to learn what a former child actor has to say about current events or whatever

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Oh you couldn’t pay me to learn what a former child actor has to say about current events or whatever

you just did it for free

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

do we know anything about Bishop Talbert Swan? this guy:

https://twitter.com/TalbertSwan/status/1091020074033602560

he's usually saying stuff I agree with but he has that weird Krassenstein feel to him, so I always wonder if there's something I don't know about him

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Right-wingers advocating for moral relativism is the greatest thing.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

McGlockenshire posted:

Apparently there's a Canadian white supremacist group called the Wolves of Odin. Well, they let their domain expire or something, and furries took notice...

They've changed their name to The Clann. https://anti-racistcanada.blogspot.com/2019/01/nouns-of-odin-now-re-branded-clann.html

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
the great patreon exodus

(keep in mind the estimated payouts is way lower than the real amount, it hasnt been accurate since people could hide how much they earn)

edit:those two huge dips are glitches, they didnt lose 3 million pledges and gain them back in a day

Reclines Obesily has issued a correction as of 19:17 on Jan 31, 2019

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Oregon sounds like a low-key Florida.

They do have something in common;

Virtually everyone moves here for the climate, not the culture.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

Yeah but at least Florida doesn't advertise with ironic Florida Man ads across the nation

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Nobody moved to Portland for the weather

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1090864345402077184

Oh thank God.

I wonder how many times she told them she was Jewish during those 8 hours. Either way it amused me no loving end that no one gives a gently caress about her being arrested. A couple of bored tweets Will Sommer and Holt and their ilk, and some praise from loomer stans like Wohl and Omar Navarro, but beyond that it's pretty much crickets. I think she peaked with the Twitter HQ thing.

Also

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1090766069843685376

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Nobody moved to Portland for the weather

Tons of people move from places like Arizona and Nevada to the PNW (and vice versa) specifically for the weather.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Spergin Morlock posted:

Tons of people move from places like Arizona and Nevada to the PNW (and vice versa) specifically for the weather.

They moved here for rain?

I guess Arizona snowbirds would like it here for summer, but it's by no means a temperate climate.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
speaking of states, how's baked alaska doing. kill himself yet?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
for some reason I thought Loomer got arrested outside of Gavin McInnes's house, which was way funnier

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Al ! posted:

speaking of states, how's baked alaska doing. kill himself yet?

He's back and all loved up baby.

I can't fathom how bad you'd have to be at grifting to hitch your wagon to Baked Alaska, but some (very) young nazi-gal has hooked up with him and he's back and producing that great content you love on twitter, youtube actually I honestly can't remember where I saw this and what he's actually doing. Also one of the downside to being a professional grifter with a handle like "baked alaska" is that google tends to just turn up pictures of yummy desserts.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Gravy Jones posted:

He's back and all loved up baby.

I can't fathom how bad you'd have to be at grifting to hitch your wagon to Baked Alaska, but some (very) young nazi-gal has hooked up with him and he's back and producing that great content you love on twitter, youtube actually I honestly can't remember where I saw this and what he's actually doing. Also one of the downside to being a professional grifter with a handle like "baked alaska" is that google tends to just turn up pictures of yummy desserts.

he's a tiktok meme person these days

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Tetrabor posted:

They moved here for rain?

I guess Arizona snowbirds would like it here for summer, but it's by no means a temperate climate.

I moved from the Phoenix area to the Seattle area specifically for the rain and dreariness.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

SpaceGoku posted:

he's a tiktok meme person these days

Oh yeah, that was it. I'm just relieved I wan't imagining it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Spergin Morlock posted:

I moved from the Phoenix area to the Seattle area specifically for the rain and dreariness.

were you disappointed when you got here?

I've lived here all my life and have always dreaded the day people realize our weather is actually pretty mild, it's just that we actually have all of the seasons. Especially now that climate change is doing a number on the planet it seems like our rainy season has gotten smaller and smaller.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

were you disappointed when you got here?

I've lived here all my life and have always dreaded the day people realize our weather is actually pretty mild, it's just that we actually have all of the seasons. Especially now that climate change is doing a number on the planet it seems like our rainy season has gotten smaller and smaller.

Not at all, I've really enjoyed it. It's worth mentioning that I have family here and have visited before so I wasn't really surprised by anything.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

I was born in Oregon, and have lived all over the state throughout my life, from the coast to the valley to the eastern desert. And though we complain about the outsiders coming in, from my perspective the only thing you guys made worse was rents, and that's really more the fault of our governments and their developer friends.

The food is better. My hometown lined up around the block for a week when applebees opened when I was a boy, and now they have multiple good non chain options. The art and culture aren't just honky tonk poo poo anymore-I remember when the Pendleton Roundup with the blackface clowns was the event of the year past the mountains. People are afraid to express open racism. Not that they aren't racist, but I've only heard "n****er-rigging" and "jewed" once in the last year, rather than weekly as in my youth. We seem to be an object of admiration or scorn from other states, which is at least nicer than being an utter nonentity.

So to all outsiders, keep it coming. Move to Oregon! Come and stay! Save our children from their heritage!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1091081091543379969?s=19

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"lets play a game where you give me information that can be used to doxx you" lmao this opsec

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

I moved from suburban Texas to rural-college-town Oregon due to my then-spouse's career, but both the comparative climate and the comparative society still, after seven years, feel like an escape from loving Texas.

Give me a mild, gray winter for five months over six months of unforgiving sun and 70% humidity, the middle two months of which are guaranteed 105+ highs.

Also give me hundreds of trash meth racists with shotguns and revolvers to fight over thousands of dead-eyed, shakingly furious suburban dads with six different custom AR clones each.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Question: was the anti-PC movement in the 90s as dumb as the one we have now?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

TheBalor posted:

I was born in Oregon, and have lived all over the state throughout my life, from the coast to the valley to the eastern desert. And though we complain about the outsiders coming in, from my perspective the only thing you guys made worse was rents, and that's really more the fault of our governments and their developer friends.

The food is better. My hometown lined up around the block for a week when applebees opened when I was a boy, and now they have multiple good non chain options. The art and culture aren't just honky tonk poo poo anymore-I remember when the Pendleton Roundup with the blackface clowns was the event of the year past the mountains. People are afraid to express open racism. Not that they aren't racist, but I've only heard "n****er-rigging" and "jewed" once in the last year, rather than weekly as in my youth. We seem to be an object of admiration or scorn from other states, which is at least nicer than being an utter nonentity.

So to all outsiders, keep it coming. Move to Oregon! Come and stay! Save our children from their heritage!

The same thing happened in Arizona except it was an endless stream of conservative midwestern or canadian retirees moving in and keeping the average age up. There was also a big surge of right wing militia gun nut types who moved in while arpaio was in office and the SB1070 crap happened. The younger people (native and new) trend left but there are so many old people and right wingers constantly showing up that the state never quite turns blue. There's also a ton of orange county people who got priced out of california but still wanted to live in a stupid desert so there's that too.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Mr Interweb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IORaF6fi_Y&t=6s

meh, bout the same

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lol very satisfying thread
This idiot is a project designer whatever that means, i hope she gets fired

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/EmilyGorcenski/status/1091083731639697408?s=19
The superior race

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Mr Interweb posted:

Scully (about the talking elevator): It must be for the visually-impaired.
Mulder: How do you like that? A politically-correct elevator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's stupider now but everything is