Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I feel like everyone saying that seems like they are very clearly lying, HOWEVER it's still extreme insanity that casual cheating in a game can lead to your whole besthedia account being deactivated and meaning you can no longer download skyrim. Duping in this game isn't even like, extreme network hacking or anything, it's stuff like "selling items to modus and then two people buy them from the two terminals at once" or "putting things in the box generated by artillery to store smoke grenades then storing the artillery in a blueprint". Like if they deactivated your login to fallout 76 then sure, whatever, I guess, but tying it to your entire account so you can't play DOOM anymore is INSANE.

lol if you bought anything other than fallout 76 from bethesda's thing (and also if you bought fallout 76)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I feel like everyone saying that seems like they are very clearly lying, HOWEVER it's still extreme insanity that casual cheating in a game can lead to your whole besthedia account being deactivated and meaning you can no longer download skyrim. Duping in this game isn't even like, extreme network hacking or anything, it's stuff like "selling items to modus and then two people buy them from the two terminals at once" or "putting things in the box generated by artillery to store smoke grenades then storing the artillery in a blueprint". Like if they deactivated your login to fallout 76 then sure, whatever, I guess, but tying it to your entire account so you can't play DOOM anymore is INSANE.

Imo any measure of punishment is ok for confirmed cheaters. A games company could send them a malware packet that bricks their hard drive and I'd be cool with it (although I doubt the law would be lol).

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

shocked and surprised that people would use exploits in a bethesda game

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Chomp8645 posted:

Imo any measure of punishment is ok for confirmed cheaters. A games company could send them a malware packet that bricks their hard drive and I'd be cool with it (although I doubt the law would be lol).

I used a cheat menu to play Just Cause 2, spawning cars so my cousin could crash them in hilarious ways.

Fight me!.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tei posted:

I used a cheat menu to play Just Cause 2, spawning cars so my cousin could crash them in hilarious ways.

Fight me!.

If I fight you you'll just cheat. No thank you!!!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Banned for using an ingame perk card.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I don't think duping items should be a capital crime but I also think inventory management inanity is generally the worst part of gameplay :shrug:

e: and people are duping literal scraps of garbage to repair their rag clothes with, right? :lol:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Stop right there criminal scum, you're CaUsInG sErVeR iNsTaBiLiTy

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Chomp8645 posted:

If I fight you you'll just cheat. No thank you!!!!

Hahahaha... You won, this time.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

People noticed that some vanilla power armor Red Tac headlamp mods are displaying the Atom Shop symbol. To make a long story short Bethesda's making a Mothman PA skin and hosed up stray Red Tac headlights, making them require a purchase that hasn't been released yet.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.dualshockers.com/gamestop-germany-fallout-76-for-free/

Hauki
May 11, 2010

eh, still not worth it

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

[lmaos in german]

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
All those pulled copies of FO76 were just being collected so they could go keep all those unsold copies of E.T. taking a dirtnap in Alamogordo company. It's lonely out there in the desert.

Pipboy's shallow, unmarked grave will also be nearby.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Psychotic Weasel posted:

All those pulled copies of FO76 were just being collected so they could go keep all those unsold copies of E.T. taking a dirtnap in Alamogordo company. It's lonely out there in the desert.

Pipboy's shallow, unmarked grave will also be nearby.

Fallout 76, the online multiplayer game about sifting through trash in a landfill

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BMan posted:

Stop right there criminal scum, you're CaUsInG sErVeR iNsTaBiLiTy

I'm pretty sure whoever wrote their server setup is causing server instability. Can we ban them instead?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

lol it really did go f2p

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Tei posted:

Whiteknigt was powerful enough to skip a whole system of the game (the repairing of armour).
I think we are here a case where people like the broken game more than the same game fixed.

the maintenance is loving tedious. in 4 you could stockpile materials you knew you'd probably need in the future, so late game you'd rarely have to worry about the small things (and of course, there was no gear degradation). you can't do that in this game because of the stash limit, which means you're constantly worrying about having enough for the upcoming repairs. much of the reason i quit was because the busywork began to feel like a chore and took up so much of the playtime. you probably avoided a big deal of that by playing melee and never had to worry about lead.

Father Wendigo posted:

People noticed that some vanilla power armor Red Tac headlamp mods are displaying the Atom Shop symbol. To make a long story short Bethesda's making a Mothman PA skin and hosed up stray Red Tac headlights, making them require a purchase that hasn't been released yet.

Bethesda's approach to QA: "Thank you for reporting this to us!"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I bought this for my friend and we had this grand plan on how we were going to set up a sort of roleplay community for ourselves. Had all the documents and backend work ready, even had a discord setup to create our own little company in the fallout wasteland. At first we tried to push through the bugs, it's a Bethesda game so we weren't too surprised. But eventually it just grated on us too much and within about a month we've stopped playing entirely. Now the general response to me trying to drum up interest in logging into 76 is "Eww" from the others, and that's on the rare times I want to log in and see what's changed.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Fallom posted:

I bought this for my friend and we had this grand plan on how we were going to set up a sort of roleplay community for ourselves. Had all the documents and backend work ready, even had a discord setup to create our own little company in the fallout wasteland. At first we tried to push through the bugs, it's a Bethesda game so we weren't too surprised. But eventually it just grated on us too much and within about a month we've stopped playing entirely. Now the general response to me trying to drum up interest in logging into 76 is "Eww" from the others, and that's on the rare times I want to log in and see what's changed.

How was that experience, aside from the game? I always had the idea of getting two of my highschool old buddies from a decade ago to throw in on this game as a pre wedding bridal party get together. Basically I just want an activity where folks are captive in a lovely enviroment that is hostile to do teambuilding in. This game like a lovely camping trip, I confirmed this with my own eyes at launch. Would it emulate a good lovely camping trip with other people?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I don't think Fallom ever even considered getting the game

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

How was that experience, aside from the game? I always had the idea of getting two of my highschool old buddies from a decade ago to throw in on this game as a pre wedding bridal party get together. Basically I just want an activity where folks are captive in a lovely enviroment that is hostile to do teambuilding in. This game like a lovely camping trip, I confirmed this with my own eyes at launch. Would it emulate a good lovely camping trip with other people?

It's a c/p from reddit, I considered posting it myself earlier

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

This is the one thing Rust is really good at. The Forest, too, if you're interested in a story.

About the C/P: I actually legitimately feel bad for the people who totally misinterpreted what Fallout 76 would be to the point that they started creating role-play materials and planning fun player strongholds and competitive encounters.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 31, 2019

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Who was that guy who set himself up as the final boss and a player eventually just nuked him?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
OK, it's back to being funny again.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

HOTFIX, COMIN' THRU

quote:

UPDATE// The Hotfix will be out today at 3pm EST. Fallout 76 will be unavailable at that time.

Hi everyone,

We are aware that some issues were unintentionally introduced (and reintroduced) in Patch 5, including problems with Bulk Junk autoscrapping, Known Plan/Recipe tags in the UI, Bobby Pin weight to reverting back to 0.10 lb, and others. It appears that a merge of internal development builds failed to execute properly prior to releasing Patch 5. The team is working to identify how this happened so we can prevent this from repeating in the future.

We recognize that some of these issues, like the ones listed above, can critically affect your moment-to-moment gameplay. Because of that, we plan to issue a hotfix on these items as soon as possible. We are currently developing and testing the hotfix, and expect to deploy this update at either the end of this week or the beginning of next. As soon as we have a confirmed date, we will follow up.

-Planned fixes include the following:

-Bobby Pin weight will be reduced once again to 0.001 lb.

-Bulk Junk will be available for crafting.

(Known) Plans/Recipes will no longer show up across characters.

Thank you for your continued feedback and flagging these issues as you see them.

With half of the development team not knowing about the price hike for vendor plans and poo poo like the bolded statement, I'm starting to think there's no pulling up from here. Game's down for maintenance, BTW.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lol at no public figurehead willing to put their name next to this mess

Its still just a nameless faceless bethesda developed entity. At least the main series games have todd. No one wants to be fo76 spokesman and i dont blame em

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

its a bunch of SWG people which makes a lot of sense thinking about it

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
why are all the skins more expensive

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Keeshhound posted:

Who was that guy who set himself up as the final boss and a player eventually just nuked him?

Modern problems require modern solutions.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

mormonpartyboat posted:

The price of a skin is the amount somebody will pay for it

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

mormonpartyboat posted:

CAPITALISM!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
If you want to make a certain amount of money and drive away all the sensible players, only the die hard masochists will be left. So one part of the purchases*price=$$$ goes down, but on the plus side you now know they're giant suckers so now you can compensate with the other.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

RoadCrewWorker posted:

If you want to make a certain amount of money and drive away all the sensible players, only the die hard masochists will be left. So one part of the purchases*price=$$$ goes down, but on the plus side you now know they're giant suckers so now you can compensate with the other.

and thus star citizen was born

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

With few players, they need to skin the whales for all they're worth to even come close to income predictions. If the game had a large player base they could go for a 'cheap, high-volume' model, but that's not an option.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Rinkles posted:

the maintenance is loving tedious. in 4 you could stockpile materials you knew you'd probably need in the future, so late game you'd rarely have to worry about the small things (and of course, there was no gear degradation). you can't do that in this game because of the stash limit, which means you're constantly worrying about having enough for the upcoming repairs. much of the reason i quit was because the busywork began to feel like a chore and took up so much of the playtime. you probably avoided a big deal of that by playing melee and never had to worry about lead.

Bethesda's approach to QA: "Thank you for reporting this to us!"

can confirm melee is alot less annoying. i gave up on my stealth archer rifle guy around level 26 when i kept running out of ammo and junk to upgrade my guns. even my hunting rifle maxed out as much as possible takes multiple sneak attacks to kill stuff around my level. probably going to finish whatever the main quest is and ditch this game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Gouge Away
They will Gouge Away
Play all day
If you love Pip Boy

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Chomp8645 posted:

lol, what the gently caress is wrong with you.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Committing cyberwarfare on my own customers to own anyone who pushes the crafting button too quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
I wouldn’t want a poo poo company that can’t even fix their own issues with their games sending malware packets or anything really, jfc, could you imagine!?

I mean, FO76 minus well be malware at this point akin to bonsai buddy, lol. I’m sure at least bonsai buddy has proper source control...oh snap

Slayerjerman fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 2, 2019