Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

I think it's brilliant that a single streamer with a shouty i-am-the-boss-so-do-what-i-say gimmick has cornered the bored Citizen stream-watcher market.

Him collecting so many monthly subscriptions from SC fans means the other SC streamers' subcounts are tanking :laffo:

"Y U no watching me no moar? !giveaway" :ohdear:

E: poo poo, someone spot me a taxxe yo

E2:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

You need to remove 1 in 4 labels from the cans and then mix them up to insure you still have some adventure in your post brexit not life.

Also toilet paper, you need a wall of it, you still want to at lest try to be civilised.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Where the gently caress is Ben gonna find even one other idiot to play wing commander cards with him, let alone 3

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

or aliens

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Neltharak posted:

my thoughts exactly, who does he think he is stealing ideas like this ?

don't enoch it 'til you try it.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Quavers posted:

I think it's brilliant that a single streamer with a shouty i-am-the-boss-so-do-what-i-say gimmick has cornered the bored Citizen stream-watcher market.

Him collecting so many monthly subscriptions from SC fans means the other SC streamers' subcounts are tanking :laffo:

"Y U no watching me no moar? !giveaway" :ohdear:

E: poo poo, someone spot me a taxxe yo

“1000 Subs” Lol

He’s really hit the big time. I love how in the bizarre world of Star Citizen that makes you a huge “influencer”. But to be fair he just captured like 50% of the streaming market for the biggest PC game ever.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

colonelwest posted:

“1000 Subs” Lol

He’s really hit the big time. I love how in the bizarre world of Star Citizen that makes you a huge “influencer”. But to be fair he just captured like 50% of the streaming market for the biggest PC game ever.

Yeah but think about the guys that have been spending their every waking moment trying to break into the big SC streaming scene since day 1

Clifford, that other weird guy with the beard, the man baby that wears the children's space suit helmet, the rapist expert seducer guy , uhhh I guess that one woman gave up though? She used to interview ben every few weeks

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Sarsapariller posted:

None of this is true or even half-true. There's no way anyone is generating 100's of thousands of in-game credits per night right now. There is literally nothing in the game that generates that kind of income except drug running, and that's going to work for one person per server because the supply/demand is server-side and one big ship can clean out the lab consistently. And you can't trade guns or money or any other items between players, so every individual person would have to grind up their own credit supply to participate. Also, there's no way to get 50 people in the same server.

This is just more self-aggrandizing from people who managed to stage one event for the sake of a 30 second video clip and are now bullshitting about how great and organized they are to anyone who will listen.

I'm confused. There's demand for virtual drugs in Star Citizen? Citizens were jerking off about how cool it would be to be a janitor or a bartender in game so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Blue On Blue posted:

Clifford, that other weird guy with the beard, the man baby that wears the children's space suit helmet, the rapist expert seducer guy , uhhh I guess that one woman gave up though? She used to interview ben every few weeks

daaaaaamn

I can't wait for the montoya v rexxx jpeg off,

one commands the mighty and some say deranged members of the Test organizational circle jerk, they number in the dozens

the other commands an army of Malaysian bots all being managed by some contractor CIG hired, his greatest strength is his earnestness in believing the lie

who will win?!

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Scruffpuff posted:

This is particularly depressing, since Chris isn't even qualified to perform the probable.

Actually Im in awe as CR gallops in, Knight in shining jpegs. Vailently waving his hands to save all of PC gaming. Yet despite all the odds being stacked generously in his favour, he still manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The only thing that is depressing this has taken 7 years, like some twisted slow motion scene from I can’t take my eyes off

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

History Comes Inside! posted:

Where the gently caress is Ben gonna find even one other idiot to play wing commander cards with him, let alone 3

LOL if you don't think he's going to be playing all 4 hands himself.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1090356080935403523
https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1090467294369714176
https://twitter.com/giogetmoneyTV/status/1090360285070790657
https://twitter.com/humanevil51/status/1090357663693717504

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Blue On Blue posted:

Yeah but think about the guys that have been spending their every waking moment trying to break into the big SC streaming scene since day 1

Batgirl is still doing Star Citizen videos and getting some views on them :shrug:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

gee, gio get jealous, it's almost like the quality of the streamer is more important than the quality of the game when you're watching a stream rather than playing a game.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

gee, gio get jealous, it's almost like the quality of the streamer is more important than the quality of the game when you're watching a stream rather than playing a game.

But but HE WAS FIRST :qq:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Maybe I just don't understand the internet, but how is 'spreading FUD' trolling, exactly

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://twitter.com/DChilders84/status/1090365759610593284

:hmmyes:

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

SC is getting some mainstream attention and these morons are screaming about it ?

Guys i think i cracked the code

citizens dumb

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What an amazing dune buggy/gokart.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Please stop posting my chiropractic xray

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Beet Wagon posted:

Maybe I just don't understand the internet, but how is 'spreading FUD' trolling, exactly

don't say mean things i don't like, why are you projecting all this self loathing on me you jerk

stop the pain

i just need a friend

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Please be more positive

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DapperDon posted:

In this talented guys defense. What sci-fi trope would be complete without a self destruct button?

This is true.

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

Needs "Delete User folder" button.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

The Titanic posted:

This is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKAdkbQWAJ8

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

I'm confused. There's demand for virtual drugs in Star Citizen? Citizens were jerking off about how cool it would be to be a janitor or a bartender in game so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

There's artificial demand just like in every other trading game loving ever even though crobbers promised it would be different.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Neltharak posted:

SC is getting some mainstream attention and these morons are screaming about it ?

Guys i think i cracked the code

citizens dumb

For the Citizens it's like they're back at school again, getting owned by all the cooler & fun kids. Exhibit A:

Rexzilla is destroying the poor nerds and their streaming career dreams.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-bWoLZXRMc

:shrug:

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Neltharak posted:

Well, from their point of view, it's an absolute betrayal of the very principle behind supporting Star Citizen: if you buy in early and excessively, it's supposed to make you an elite and highly-respected person. But if all the respect goes to someone who's just better than you, or more likable than you, or more popular than you (or -- let's be honest -- probably all three)...then what was the point? How is your virtual Star Citizen life ever going to be better than your disappointing real life, if being "FIRST!" doesn't bring you the status you always yearned for?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Kosumo posted:

You need to remove 1 in 4 labels from the cans and then mix them up to insure you still have some adventure in your post brexit not life.

Also toilet paper, you need a wall of it, you still want to at lest try to be civilised.

That shall be my second cargo trip. Such will be lighter I feel. Thank you for your cargo request.

I feel good.

Edit: well, third now

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I wonder what the story behind Rex is anyway. He was a PUBG guy, apparently at least OK. CIG money? Or maybe being the only fish in a small pond is better than they 15th best PUBG streamer or w/e.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

:lol: what a crock.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

LostMy2010Accnt posted:

It also doubles as a great self defense tool for when people come to steal all your toilet paper.

Right here is the problem.
Tophat needs to start practising wiping his arse with a handful of leaves.
That way he can learn which leaves are the best.
also.
https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/how-to-build-a-small-game-survival-snare/

You can thank me later.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

This Charlie Hall guy seems like a big Star Citizen hater. Better go off on him because his monthly positive article mentioned the game isn't perfect, and he didn't flatter the rabid community enough.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Agony Aunt posted:

LOL, they really live in a reality distortion field of their own creation.

I mean, i understand people can have fun playing SC via whatever means possible, but to say its already better and bigger than any other game out there is simply laughable and makes them look either downright dumb or a paid shill. Maybe they are... one or even both.

Welcome to humanity pal.
Do you really think the Lascaux Cave paintings depicted what actually happened?
No, they were still foraging for berries and the paintings depict what they dreamed they could do.
One day.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

https://youtu.be/Bm8LKcEJQPw?t=694

Their ATV's get more and more pathetic every week. Here some poor junior dev struggles to explain what gameplay will come out of ArcCorp other than another screenshot generator for the droolling idiots on Reddit.

quote:

I think ArcCorp will be a great opportunity for players to meet up anywhere and create their own gameplay scenarios... like missions that could be really interesting... and you know... even landing on top of these buildings and maybe you know getting your sniper out and just watching for the right opportunity to strike against a player.

30 seconds latter...

quote:

Now while we aren't promising that you'll be able to fly or land everywhere, we are as excited as you are to fly through the man made canyons of the city covered planet!

They're literally just dumping another giant lifeless art asset into this mess. You could put 100 Hurstons and ArcCorps into Star Citizen and there still wouldn't be a game or anything remotely fun or engaging to do, other than to cruise the verse in your chariot and post screenshots to Reddit with captions of whatever amazing gameplay you're imagining in your head, which your JPEG spending addiction will enable in some far off future.

Edit: Citizen meltsdown as they realize that the the promise of these planets being dynamic living worlds with millions of intelligent NPC's and hundreds of hours of amazing gameplay was a total lie.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 1, 2019

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Tophat posted:

That shall be my second cargo trip. Such will be lighter I feel. Thank you for your cargo request.

I feel good.

Edit: well, third now

Get some chipotles in adobo cans, not only will they help with your bland post-apocalyptic diet but chipotle goes really well with squirrel and other rodents, which should be your main source of protein anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

SoftNum posted:

I wonder what the story behind Rex is anyway. He was a PUBG guy, apparently at least OK. CIG money? Or maybe being the only fish in a small pond is better than they 15th best PUBG streamer or w/e.

He's nowhere near 15th best with only 1k viewers.