Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Kojiro posted:

If you imagine his voice as J Jonah Jamesons' every time he rants about SJW Spiderman his tweets become kinda hilarious

HAHAHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kojiro posted:

If you imagine his voice as J Jonah Jamesons' every time he rants about SJW Spiderman his tweets become kinda hilarious

L Loner Lameson.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

420 Gank Mid posted:

"DEBATE ME OR I WILL KEEP MUTILATING TOYS MADE FOR CHILDREN"
ahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1090657830032625666

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_pIPTih5iM

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Vox day got banned from Amazon lol

http://archive.is/6ghe2

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

lol good. Now I hope he wastes some money lawyering up.

Have there been any updates on the Mark Waid case? Last one I heard was Zaid filling for dismissal.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

site posted:

Vox day got banned from Amazon lol

http://archive.is/6ghe2

Wait, did he deliberately name a book in such a way as to intend confusion with a John Scalzi book? I'd check what the cover of his book looks like but I don't want to dig in his shitpile.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

joehonkie posted:

Wait, did he deliberately name a book in such a way as to intend confusion with a John Scalzi book? I'd check what the cover of his book looks like but I don't want to dig in his shitpile.

I got you covered.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Skwirl posted:

I got you covered.

Haha, wow. I love when these guys do something outrageously awful and think they are going to pull out some genius legal argument.

Also hilarious how bad he hates Scalzi, and probably moreso now that Scalzi just ignores him.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I got you covered.

lol that's pretty blatant.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Kojiro posted:

Hey now that's unfair.

J. Jonah Jameson has been fairly consistently on the right side of history when it comes to matters of social justice, and it's unfair to compare him to EVS. I will not stand for this slander!

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Note that he gets confused and uses the name of Scalzi's series in his post claiming that the title of his book is not misleading.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/kwanzer/status/1091037313331798016

Imagine ANYBODY cowering from the pudgy white Mormon dude.

And what he seems to be enraged about is essentially sending out samples. LIKE YOU DO AS AN ARTIST.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yvonmukluk posted:

Hey now that's unfair.

J. Jonah Jameson has been fairly consistently on the right side of history when it comes to matters of social justice, and it's unfair to compare him to EVS. I will not stand for this slander!

We know JJJ is an open minded guy!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/thetonyisabella/status/1090652318570332160?s=19

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/kwanzer/status/1091037313331798016

Imagine ANYBODY cowering from the pudgy white Mormon dude.

And what he seems to be enraged about is essentially sending out samples. LIKE YOU DO AS AN ARTIST.

Igle replies:

https://twitter.com/JAMALIGLE/status/1091040360799731712

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love the calling Ethan out as a liar, but also the shade at the end is subtle yet of top quality.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I would be shocked if the reason he decided to try and smear Jamal Igle extended even a centimeter beyond "He black".

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

I love the calling Ethan out as a liar, but also the shade at the end is subtle yet of top quality.

"I was too busy doing my job to take over the job he couldn't do."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Zircher Tweets deleted.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 1, 2019

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
All deleted?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yvonmukluk posted:

Hey now that's unfair.

In print, it's libel.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

joehonkie posted:

Haha, wow. I love when these guys do something outrageously awful and think they are going to pull out some genius legal argument.

Also hilarious how bad he hates Scalzi, and probably moreso now that Scalzi just ignores him.

A story I like is in the mid-2000s, a small film company announced they were going to make new "Evil Dead" films. They claimed that since Sam Raimi said he wasn't going to make anymore Evil Dead films, that meant he relinquished all rights to the Evil Dead copyright.

Sam then slapped them with a lawsuit, which they claimed wasn't fair since they couldn't afford lawyers.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

site posted:

All deleted?

https://twitter.com/PatrickZircher/status/1091095314734501899

What I remember most was 'Pro Tip - don't be Ethan' and also that Ethan couldn't visually tell a story to save his life and made mistakes that were justifiable for somebody six months in the business, not as long as he's been.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It's not comicsgate bad, but loving hell.

https://twitter.com/shallowbrigade/status/1091159186262712320

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/PatrickZircher/status/1091095314734501899

What I remember most was 'Pro Tip - don't be Ethan' and also that Ethan couldn't visually tell a story to save his life and made mistakes that were justifiable for somebody six months in the business, not as long as he's been.

It is utterly baffling to me that EVS completely flushed his lucrative career (like drawing 6 issues tops of Green Lantern or Flash for mucho $$$ every year) and severed any good will ties with most colleagues just to be a youtube ranter and publish loving Cyberfrog.
Does he know that you can be a chud and keep a low profile?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Little Mac posted:

In print, it's libel.

Someone finally said the line! I did the setup and everything!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

fatherboxx posted:

It is utterly baffling to me that EVS completely flushed his lucrative career (like drawing 6 issues tops of Green Lantern or Flash for mucho $$$ every year) and severed any good will ties with most colleagues just to be a youtube ranter and publish loving Cyberfrog.
Does he know that you can be a chud and keep a low profile?

The hustle doesn't work unless he's being prosecuted by somebody, over something. If that means he has to torpedo the rest of his life in order to look like he's being discriminated against for his beliefs, then that's what the hustle demands.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Taking after his wife, then, who crowdfunded a concert tour to the tune of several times more than she needed then asked musicians local to the gigs to back her without being paid.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wanderer posted:

The hustle doesn't work unless he's being prosecuted by somebody, over something. If that means he has to torpedo the rest of his life in order to look like he's being discriminated against for his beliefs, then that's what the hustle demands.

Clear-cutting your future prospects for short term gains to own the libs.

E: Also WOW Neil. Huckster much?

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Given how poorly talent is paid by the industry, are we really gonna be upset over a writer offering a writing course?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Jedit posted:

Taking after his wife, then, who crowdfunded a concert tour to the tune of several times more than she needed then asked musicians local to the gigs to back her without being paid.

B-b-but, she gave them hugs! And free drinks! It's all in the art of asking (someone other than your millionaire husband)!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

ryonguy posted:

Given how poorly talent is paid by the industry, are we really gonna be upset over a writer offering a writing course?

When it's a writer who has two TV series based on his books airing right now and has been adapted for the movies twice? There's a slightly higher level of outrage due, yes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ryonguy posted:

I don't think loving Neil Gaiman is hurting for money

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I don't see anything wrong in Gaiman running a £170 masterclass, and I don't see anything wrong in Gaiman retweeting a few people trying to raise money for it. £170 seems like a reasonably competitive price for that kind of thing, and if he was offering it for free you can instead accuse him of undercutting folks running classes who aren't Neil Gaiman and need the money.

Even if you don't need the money, you should still not offer services like that for free. It's standard creative industries ethics.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 1, 2019

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jedit posted:

The campaign was for an album not a tour and she paid everyone.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Fangz posted:

Even if you don't need the money, you should still not offer services like that for free. It's standard creative industries ethics.

This.

That's also a really poorly worded tweet because I thought it implied the course was offered through University of Phoenix which did raise my eyebrows a little.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Vince MechMahon posted:

The campaign was for an album not a tour and she paid everyone.

When people raised a stink about it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ryonguy posted:

This.

That's also a really poorly worded tweet because I thought it implied the course was offered through University of Phoenix which did raise my eyebrows a little.

TBF for-profit universities are pretty garbo, but I don't really think MasterClass is pretending that you get something like a degree at the end. They're just fun classes you might learn something in, like taking a pottery class at a local place, only online.

But yeah, I don't really think Gaiman is doing anything wrong by not just teaching a thing for free, nor do I think $180 is remotely unreasonable a year of classes by world-renowned artists and experts (and $90 for just the Gaiman class is totally reasonable). But I also recognize that other people's finances are not the same as my own, so what I consider reasonable might be well outside someone else's. I'll agree it's a bit distasteful of him to retweet people begging for money for his class, but I'm sure he's just doing it to boost the signal a bit.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I mean these ''classes'' are just a bunch of videos it's not like Gaiman is coming to your house to give you feedback on your writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Alaois posted:

I don't think loving Neil Gaiman is hurting for money

Indeed, Amanda's doing quite well for herself.
:dadjoke: